Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Naomi Season 2 is being worked upong folks !

It's just a throwaway line but I'm really pumped right now !

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Glad to finally hear something!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Promo photo looks great, although I would have preferred if the actress would have shorter hair like Naomi, so it could be more accurate to the comics.
    She may cut it when she comes into her identity

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Now this is great news! I loved season 1, and will definitely buy season 2!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Teaser looks good
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

alot of people wish their favorite character was on the justice league , since its seen as the top achievement for a DC her, being not just a member but having a chair at the table
    Is it doing anything for naomi?

If nothing else it's keeping her in people's awareness so they don't forget about her before the next miniseries.

But on its own, I don't think League membership really amounts to much when it comes to sales. Didn't help Cyborg's solo sell. Hasn't helped Arrow become a consistent, reliable seller.

The League is the book where all the big names hang out and interact, but that interest filtering down into individual titles seems.....inconclusive at best. I don't expect it to help Naomi's next solo outing (beyond ensuring people don't straight up forget her). Nor do I expect the CW show will boost sales, since larger media adaptations don't seem to help ongoings very often. Maybe she'll be one of the exceptions. But I think Naomi is gonna have to live or die by the quality of her own book and whatever brand recognition and fan loyalty that can buy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If nothing else it's keeping her in people's awareness so they don't forget about her before the next miniseries.

But on its own, I don't think League membership really amounts to much when it comes to sales. Didn't help Cyborg's solo sell. Hasn't helped Arrow become a consistent, reliable seller.

The League is the book where all the big names hang out and interact, but that interest filtering down into individual titles seems.....inconclusive at best. I don't expect it to help Naomi's next solo outing (beyond ensuring people don't straight up forget her). Nor do I expect the CW show will boost sales, since larger media adaptations don't seem to help ongoings very often. Maybe she'll be one of the exceptions. But I think Naomi is gonna have to live or die by the quality of her own book and whatever brand recognition and fan loyalty that can buy.
    The benefits of being on the League (outside of a classic run or story) is the relationships with the bigger characters. Like if naomi builds a close bond with superman ir wonder woman and that connects with fans, now she can have alot more team ups and guest stars and events with other big characters because fans are invested in there interactions.

As there been any news about Naomi Season 2 or a return to her plotline in JL ? I'm surprised to say it, but the Naomi/Multiverse stuff was far better than the cosmic/street-level stuff of Bendis so far in his run.

Extraordinary Member

As there been any news about Naomi Season 2 or a return to her plotline in JL ? I'm surprised to say it, but the Naomi/Multiverse stuff was far better than the cosmic/street-level stuff of Bendis so far in his run.
    We will see how her show performs and that will decide the characters fate

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We will see how her show performs and that will decide the characters fate
    I'm doubtful of that
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The benefits of being on the League (outside of a classic run or story) is the relationships with the bigger characters. Like if naomi builds a close bond with superman ir wonder woman and that connects with fans, now she can have alot more team ups and guest stars and events with other big characters because fans are invested in there interactions.
    I suppose, but Naomi was meeting all these people before joining the League. She hung out with Young Justice, the Wonder Twins, and Dial H, she hung out with Superman and met Bruce, all before the League.

The League title gives her a regular, consistent place to build those relationships and dynamics, but that could be done outside the pages of JLA.

Don't get me wrong, being in the JLA exposes her to people who might otherwise miss out and it's giving her a place to show up while we wait for season 2, but from a sales/popularity perspective it doesn't seem to do anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Last edited by Korath; 12-11-2021 at 01:31 AM.

yessssss

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Here for season 2 of Naomi.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be here for the live action tho, that teaser wasn't that ...good, and they've uncessarily changed things for the show and then opened themselves up to controversy by adding things.

Bendis has the midas touch with characters and storylines, I mean the frequency in which they are brought in/used for live action is something else, but I wished this show had happened after Naomi had more story added to her catalog even if I was celebrating the fact that Naomi made it to live action so fast.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-14-2021 at 05:38 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer