Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That name is best avoided - Marvel already has a hero called Crescent. One of the New Agents of Atlas.
    He should've by now, isn't there only a couple of issues left?
    Oh yeah I forgot about lil mama with the bear, crap back to the drawing board.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I don't know if I'd like Naomi to have a super-hero tag nowadays. I mean, I think her Naomi's book title already is quite unique and among the crowd of DC heroes, she would stand more if she truly was just that, Naomi Mac Duffie, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't know if I'd like Naomi to have a super-hero tag nowadays. I mean, I think her Naomi's book title already is quite unique and among the crowd of DC heroes, she would stand more if she truly was just that, Naomi Mac Duffie, I feel.
    So you want her to keep Naomi as her hero name in universe as well, kinda like Luke Cage? Personally I want her books named Naomi but I want her to have a cool hero name inverse.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Yeah, I think it'd be strange by now if she got one. I mean, it isn't like Duke Thomas were we knew from the start that Robin wasn't his mantle (not in a traditional sense anyway) and he searched for it. naomi's clearly in her mantle, like Koriand'r is. But unlike the latter, she wasn't introduced as "something" the way Kory has always been Starfire. So I think it'd feel strange for her to use a superhero name by now.

Also, if she is a godling like her parents (and I don't see why she wouldn't be) using a normal name would also be a beautiful note about the fact that she remains human nonetheless.

Extraordinary Member

The only equivalent I can think of is Jessica Jones. We the audience and everyone knows her as Jessica Jones across multimedia. But within the book she went by superhero name Jewel and Knightress.

I didn't know Jessica Jones had heroic names ! Now that's interesting but mostly because it confirms to me that it isn't needed since it's more an artifact of the era heroes all had secret identities. Naomi doesn't seem to need one, her best friend already know her secrets, so do her parents. And she has formed bond with Superman and Batman, plus the YJ crew (I guess, she wasn't so present in this series right?) already who already just call her Naomi.

We've got a name for the threat coming from Naomi's world : Brutus.

Not too fond of it, not gonna lie !

But at least, Naomi's power-level is ascertained, in a way :

JUSTICE LEAGUE #60
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    backup story written by RAM V
    backup story art by XERMANICO
    card stock variant cover by KAEL NGU
    ON SALE 4/20/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $5.99 US

Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Aquaman, and Hawkgirl join forces with Black Adam to fight an all-new world conqueror! But how do they stop the unstoppable power known as Brutus? Enter new mega-power sensation Naomi, who comes face to face with the League and brings along Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons for a blockbuster battle for the ages—with a last-page cliffhanger that will leave everyone guessing what’s next!

And in the backup tale, the new Justice League meets the new Justice League Dark, and the demon Etrigan calls the team to action—but Batman has other plans. This team needs a leader, but what twisted secret prevents Zatanna from stepping forward? Plus, Ragman makes a startling discovery—one that may cost his life!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #60
    ON SALE 4/20/21

Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Aquaman, and Hawkgirl join forces with Black Adam to fight an all-new world conqueror! But how do they stop the unstoppable power known as Brutus? Enter new mega-power sensation Naomi, who comes face to face with the League and brings along Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons for a blockbuster battle for the ages—with a last-page cliffhanger that will leave everyone guessing what’s next!

And in the backup tale, the new Justice League meets the new Justice League Dark, and the demon Etrigan calls the team to action—but Batman has other plans. This team needs a leader, but what twisted secret prevents Zatanna from stepping forward? Plus, Ragman makes a startling discovery—one that may cost his life!
    Can't wait to read her run with the JL.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #60
    ON SALE 4/20/21

The name Brutus is not eye catching but if he's just a powerful lackey to Zumbado then I guess his name doesn't have to be memorable.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Bendis just confirmed on Instagram that Season 2 is coming this year !

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

great news!

Hell yeah. We need this book. I hope we don't have to wait until the very end of the year for it. A summer release would be nice.

And you know what....the more I roll it around the more I like the name Brutus. It's got a certain Silver Age "this is the bad guy" vibe to it, like Sinestro or Doctor Doom. But there's also the classic Shakespear quote ("et tu, Brute?" which means to something like "you too, Brutus?") and that has me wondering if maybe this upcoming JL arc will be have a little more going on than just the typical good guy/bad guy violence. Maybe Brutus will live up to his namesake and betray Zumbado.

I know that's a lot to read into just a name but it's not like I got anything better to do while we wait for JL and season 2.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I won't lie and say I'm not worried season 2 will end up just being backup stories in another book with the way DC is going..

FINALLY, they kicked Naomi off so strong, this wait was a drag; they really have to come strong with answers in season 2. season one did a great job of setting the stage for Naomi and the greater story for her, but now the table is set, they're gonna need to hit us with something really compelling and show us Naomi's role going forward. We need answers for how her powers work and what they are, we need answers on the crisis on her earth, etc; we need affirmations.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hell yeah. We need this book. I hope we don't have to wait until the very end of the year for it. A summer release would be nice.

And you know what....the more I roll it around the more I like the name Brutus. It's got a certain Silver Age "this is the bad guy" vibe to it, like Sinestro or Doctor Doom. But there's also the classic Shakespear quote ("et tu, Brute?" which means to something like "you too, Brutus?") and that has me wondering if maybe this upcoming JL arc will be have a little more going on than just the typical good guy/bad guy violence. Maybe Brutus will live up to his namesake and betray Zumbado.

I know that's a lot to read into just a name but it's not like I got anything better to do while we wait for JL and season 2.
    Well, here Brutus is more a name for dogs so I'm not really wowed XD ! But it's probably because he betrayed Caesar and somehow it made him really a terrible man in French history books of the XIXth/XXth century !