Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I actually like Naomi now
    One of the rare bendis creations besides Miles that has me hyped

Naomi taking AP classes, speaking nine languages, and being in every extracurricular club possible.
    Uhm All that stuff doesn't make Naomi super genius, It makes her an overachiever just a very smart girl. Riri Williams making MIT at 12 is super genius. But a high level intelligence can typically explain away how a superhero knows how to do certain things.

Naomi, Dee, and 2 others cast.

1. Bendis said the the illumernerdi description was wrong.

2. Deadline gives a similar description without all the extra stuff.

So many unnecessary changes ...*sigh*

1. Zumbado for some reason lives in the same town, I guess it helps that Naomi just moved into this new military town but still, what would Zumbado be waiting for when he's close enough to kill her (after she awakens her powers) ...the excuses that will be made, the suspension of logic that the audience would have to do.

2. Dee couldn't still be a mechanic b/c Zumbado's occupation has to do with cars, I don't the u necessary change in occupation, good casting tho.???

3. Why was this new character created, Jamal Campbell literally created a whole classroom of characters with names and everything and one of them could have take this new character's spot.

4. Why are they doing the pining lgbt character trope, and making Naomi, one of the few black teen girl superheroes a part of that messiness especially if Naomi is not gonna be an lgbt character, why dive into potential controversy.

Imma have to see who else is cast and what their character descriptions are b/c while I like the casting, only 2 character descriptions (e.g. Naomi and Dee) are actually good ones.

These are my personal gripes b/c I can be petty like that.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 03-19-2021 at 02:48 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I had to look at IMDB for a photo of the actress, cause when I googled it, the first results were of when she was younger lmao.

I have to say that it seems a good casting for her, actress nailed the look of the character. I would have prefered they have casted Annabelle instead of a random new character to be Naomis' best friend to be honest.

Don't know why they changed Dee's profession and gave it to Zumbado.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Naomi, Dee, and 2 others cast.

1. Bendis said the the illumernerdi description was wrong.

2. Deadline gives a similar description without all the extra stuff.

So many unnecessary changes ...*sigh*

1. Zumbado for some reason lives in the same town, I guess it helps that Naomi just moved into this new military town but still, what would Zumbado be waiting for when he's close enough to kill her (after she awakens her powers) ...the excuses that will be made, the suspension of logic that the audience would have to do.

2. Dee couldn't still be a mechanic b/c Zumbado's occupation has to do with cars, I don't the u necessary change in occupation, good casting tho.???

3. Why was this new character created, Jamal Campbell literally created a whole classroom of characters with names and everything and one of them could have take this new character's spot.

4. Why are they doing the pining lgbt character trope, and making Naomi, one of the few black teen girl superheroes a part of that messiness especially if Naomi is not gonna be an lgbt character, why dive into potential controversy.

Imma have to see who else is cast and what their character descriptions are b/c while I like the casting, only 2 character descriptions (e.g. Naomi and Dee) are actually good ones.

These are my personal gripes b/c I can be petty like that.
    I agree & I have a few theories.

They may have change the occupation for D so they can possibly show them with an more upbeat persona and have the tattoo spot be a hang out for some of cast, plus a fake tattoo shop is probably cheaper in certain ways to film in or use maybe then fake auto shop because I have a feeling that the tattoo shop is going to be use more so than the auto shop..

For the auto shop they might make it more of a used car junkyard type auto shop or then a true auto & that probably will make easier to show Z as loner more so.

The LGBT new classmate every CW show has to have at least one or two LGBT main cast characters so she is more likely probably going to be Naomi’s best friend/sidekick / ron stoppable/wade combo or at the very least the first friend that finds out that she has powers. So they are making her have a crush on her teenage drama / complicate their friendship which is annoying but you know not surprising you know eventually she’ll move on and I’ll give her a love interest and probably give Naomi one as well. Which I’m very how those roles are cast
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 03-19-2021 at 09:03 AM.

More Added to the Cast of Naomi

Well I'm feeling better than I did before about the show, I still don't like that Ava and her team put Naomi in a potential queer-baiting controversy, but if Jenny Hex has a chance of being introduced b/c she's also a Bendis character than I can see the vision, otherwise they should have kept that new character for something else.

I also still don't think it's a good idea to have Naomi's nemsis in the same town as Naomi.

Outside of those 2 factors... I can still complain about more things lbr lol, but those other reasons are petty and I've already voice some of them in the first casting, but I am excited about eveything else, I hope it gets greenlit, even though a lot is changed or is changing, I would say the core is still there.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

A new interview with some very beautiful art of Naomi : https://www.gamesradar.com/justice-l...ths-for-naomi/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    A new interview with some very beautiful art of Naomi : https://www.gamesradar.com/justice-l...ths-for-naomi/
    Thanks! I'mma check it out in a bit!

EDIT: Gave it a read. Still happy that Naomi will have a concurrent presence while we wait for Jamal's schedule to clear up for Naomi: Season 2.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-12-2021 at 06:41 AM.

So... was I the only one really happy to see Anna in yesterday's JL issue ? Also, clearly, Naomi won't go for the secret identity, the genie's out of the bottle by now. And her origins are even stranger than we thought ! I'm hyped.

Also, I'm warming up on that dumb Brutus XD

Yeah, the way she was showing off to her friends, she definitely won't be having a secret identity. Which means she won't need a codename and can just be known as Naomi.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

CW released a photo

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Promo photo looks great, although I would have preferred if the actress would have shorter hair like Naomi, so it could be more accurate to the comics.

Preview for next week's Justice League : https://twitter.com/AquamanUniverse/...65297353928705

And basically it confirms my theory regarding Brutus personnality.

Okay so, it seems JL will be a lot more important regarding Naomi's development that I believed at first !