Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I didn't know Jessica Jones had heroic names ! Now that's interesting but mostly because it confirms to me that it isn't needed since it's more an artifact of the era heroes all had secret identities. Naomi doesn't seem to need one, her best friend already know her secrets, so do her parents. And she has formed bond with Superman and Batman, plus the YJ crew (I guess, she wasn't so present in this series right?) already who already just call her Naomi.
    She is incomplete without a hero name, even if doesn't stick for in universe purposes and real world marketing it is good have a heroic name. It is not artifact of past superheroes like wrestlers have performance names. And using wrestling as example Dwayne Johnson when he first started wrestling went by the name Rocky Maivia, After some time end up as "The Rock". So it is very much possible after the fact to rebrand.

In Marvel, Naomi might not stand out Luke Cage(Power Man) Emma Frost(White Queen) Kitty Pryde(Shadowcat), Jean Grey(Marvel Girl), Hank Pym(Ant man), Electra are all examples characters that go by their regular name more than the heroic name. But in DC it is weird because they have heavily have culture of hero names. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Naomi, Flash is weird. Now it does not matter if the name sticks and people prefer calling her Naomi as mention with Marvel characters but she does need heroic name.

We're going to Naomi's world !

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpL6HJB_aD/

"And cult favorite Batman gets some long overdue exposure"

Ha ha, Bendis. Ha....ha....ha.......

Seriously though, quite excited about this arc and I hope we do get some more info on Naomi and her world, learn more about the situation there, her powers, etc.

And I agree with.....lemonpeace?.....on the last page who said that season 2 is really gonna have to deliver. The character had all the hype built up in 2019, but a year without a series has likely done a good amount of damage to that and season 2 is gonna have to pull hard to revive everyone's interest. I don't blame anyone for that, 2020 was a dumpster fire and season 2 didn't happen because of all the chaos and shutdowns and I get it, but season 2 needs to be strong as hell if Naomi is going to successfully integrate herself into the DCU as more than Bendis' pet character.

Obviously the hardcore fanbase is still ravenous (we're all still posting here after all) but I really want season 2's sales to blow season 1's out of the water.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this, but I'm hoping that Batman's role is minimal. I would love to see Naomi interacting with other heroines, so I'm glad to see Black Canary and Hawkwoman there.

Finally we're going to her home planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    She looks great.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

So this is redundant, but THR just had an article that mentioned Naomi's pilot going forward at CW.

We already knew that but this spells it out that it is only a pilot order and not a series order.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So this is redundant, but THR just had an article that mentioned Naomi's pilot going forward at CW.

We already knew that but this spells it out that it is only a pilot order and not a series order.
    It's still a pilot.

Probably fighting for mid-season slot since the CW massed renewed so many shows that are getting enough episodes for syndication purposes. So her chances are better than expected.

So apparently when Naomi landed at the CW it just meant that the network was looking to do a Naomi series, so THR reporting that Naomi got a pilot order was new information.

This also makes it kind of clear that Wonder Girl will most likely come either in 2021 or 2022 depending on when it gets a pilot/straight to series order.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-10-2021 at 06:00 AM.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #61
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    backup story written by RAM V
    backup story art by XERMANICO
    card stock variant cover by KAEL NGU
    ON SALE 5/18/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $5.99 US
    The new Justice League is trapped on a world devastated by a super-powered war, and Brutus hungers for a new home of his own—our Earth! With their powers gone haywire, the League must fight their way out of a post apocalyptic Thunderdome of depravity and desperation. On the run with Batman, Naomi learns more dark secrets of her birth world’s broken legacy, while Hawkgirl and Black Canary battle through the henchmen trenches. But where are Superman and Black Adam, and what kind of trouble is Aquaman in? (Hint: it’s bad.)
    And in the Justice League Dark story, Ragman joins the hunt! Zatanna, Constantine, Etrigan, and Detective Chimp hit the books—literally—in a possessed library, as Merlin’s plan takes shape before them...and spells doom for the universe.

That is a damn fine cover.

Cannot wait for this. Might be my most anticipated book of the relaunch (or whatever we're calling it).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That is a damn fine cover.

Cannot wait for this. Might be my most anticipated book of the relaunch (or whatever we're calling it).
    I think relaunch is an apt description. while I am excited about Naomi getting more play here, I'm more excited for season 2 (which is supposed to be coming/starting this year iirc). I wonder, since his JL run will be somewhat Naomi focused, if Bendis will bring in Walker at some point like Snyder did with Tynion.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

JUSTICE LEAGUE #61
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    backup story written by RAM V
    backup story art by XERMANICO
    card stock variant cover by KAEL NGU
    ON SALE 5/18/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $5.99 US
    The new Justice League is trapped on a world devastated by a super-powered war, and Brutus hungers for a new home of his own—our Earth! With their powers gone haywire, the League must fight their way out of a post apocalyptic Thunderdome of depravity and desperation. On the run with Batman, Naomi learns more dark secrets of her birth world’s broken legacy, while Hawkgirl and Black Canary battle through the henchmen trenches. But where are Superman and Black Adam, and what kind of trouble is Aquaman in? (Hint: it’s bad.)
    And in the Justice League Dark story, Ragman joins the hunt! Zatanna, Constantine, Etrigan, and Detective Chimp hit the books—literally—in a possessed library, as Merlin’s plan takes shape before them...and spells doom for the universe.
    She looks great, I am so glad she's coming back into the spotlight.

~~

~~

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think relaunch is an apt description. while I am excited about Naomi getting more play here, I'm more excited for season 2 (which is supposed to be coming/starting this year iirc). I wonder, since his JL run will be somewhat Naomi focused, if Bendis will bring in Walker at some point like Snyder did with Tynion.
    I hope so. I don't think we give Walker enough credit for Naomi here (myself included) but that book was arguably the best thing Bendis has done at DC and I don't think it's a coincidence that Walker co-wrote it. So if he joins Bendis on JL that is nothing but a good thing, in my opinion.

And yeah, I'm more excited for season 2 than I am for JL but season 2 isn't gonna hit until later this year, if Bendis (and Walker, see there I go again not giving that man the credit he deserves!) actually makes the announcement date we got a little while back.

~ Black Panther.

The only things which concerns me is the fact that Zumbado seems to be nowhere to be seen. Where is the big baddy and who is Brutus ?