Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So apparently when Naomi landed at the CW it just meant that the network was looking to do a Naomi series, so THR reporting that Naomi got a pilot order was new information.

This also makes it kind of clear that Wonder Girl will most likely come either in 2021 or 2022 depending on when it gets a pilot/straight to series order.
    They didn't go ahead with Wonder Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Naomi is getting a series?

Nrama: Any spin-off series planned?

Bendis: Absolutely. I treat every character in the book as the lead of the series. They all are. They all have led series. They are characters with a very strong theme on top of a lot of story. There’s a purpose to each one of these characters. It’s very strong and a lot of them are in concert with each other - that's what's great about having them on the team together. But as individuals, I think each one of these characters deserve a book right now. And a lot of them have and some are getting.

Including the return of Naomi, and when that does come back, just to be clear - this isn't instead of Naomi season two. This is in addition to Naomi season two, which will be starting soon on our end. Everything happening in Justice League will reflect hard in her life. Her life was turned upside down by what's happened. Justice League is just another example of how hard her life has been turned upside down.

Source
    Did I interpret this right?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Well, we knew a season 2 of her book was coming at some point. As for a TV series, I think it's a pilot so far ? Possibly a full-blown series down the line ?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, we knew a season 2 of her book was coming at some point. As for a TV series, I think it's a pilot so far ? Possibly a full-blown series down the line ?
    I think a casting call for her has been issued maybe last week.

It was announced long time ago that Naomi season 2 would start after Campbell finished drawing Far Sector.

he could have meant Naomi's story in Justice League is meant to supplementary to Naomi Season 2, not as a consolation instead of season 2; tho, I could be wrong. his wording could mean there is another Naomi series in the works but I don't necessarily think that's what he meant.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I read it as Naomi is getting a season 2 on top of being in JL.

Some of us were worried that her being in JL meant her second season wasn't gonna happen and that season 2's story was going to be transplanted to JL instead. From what Bendis is saying, if I'm reading him right, season 2 is still in the works and they'll be starting on it soon, which means it'll be roughly 4-6 months before it hits shelves (that's the average production time for a comic anyway, Campbell and/or a lot of new design work might slow that down) and in the meantime, Naomi will be in JL.

This is (very) good news.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

This is from Illuminerdi:
    Naomi is described as confident, charismatic, and as having a sense of style without really trying. She is a military brat who is the adopted daughter of two white parents. She is very popular with everyone at her high school, while clearly being a cut above the rest. Which is evidenced by Naomi taking AP classes, speaking nine languages, and being in every extracurricular club possible. Naomi is described as a modern-day Ferris Bueller with a dash of Black Girl Magic and with an unshakeable sense of self.
    Why is the military brat, popular with everyone, and 9 languages thing included idk and idk where they're going with this, but I do like the Ferris Bueller comparison.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Why is the military brat, popular with everyone, and 9 languages thing included idk and idk where they're going with this, but I do like the Ferris Bueller comparison.
    maybe they're gonna use the military brat angle to partially explain some of the enigmatic parts of Naomi's family life. like maybe it'll be part of the way they obfuscate her dad's alien origins. the popular girl overachiever thing isn't too big a deal, it's not like we saw much of Naomi's school life in the book anyway, but we do see she has a pretty health social circle, so I guess that's just the TV folks filling in some character spaces.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm a little surprised by the super-genius angle they are going, she didn't seem to be that in her series. But on the other hand, we don't know much about her everyday life anyway, so why not ? I just hope they won't try to make it looks like she's trying hard but just that her "god-like" abilities creeping out from whatever their parents did to make sure she could be hidden on Earth.

I figure that, like lemonpeace said, this is just the writers filling in some blanks, and/or trying to showcase Naomi's powers and Otherness in a subtle way before the big "you're Shrek-ing!" reveal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

That doesn't sound like the Naomi I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm a little surprised by the super-genius angle they are going, she didn't seem to be that in her series. But on the other hand, we don't know much about her everyday life anyway, so why not ? I just hope they won't try to make it looks like she's trying hard but just that her "god-like" abilities creeping out from whatever their parents did to make sure she could be hidden on Earth.
    Supergenuises are cool but the interesting thing about Naomi was the fact that she was just a normal teen who had a few friends.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Most CW adaptation are pretty loose so I figured they added more content to flesh her out. A problem with Naomi is she doesn't have much content to adapt so they gotta come up with something to use.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Most CW adaptation are pretty loose so I figured they added more content to flesh her out. A problem with Naomi is she doesn't have much content to adapt so they gotta come up with something to use.
    This is definitely the feel of pragmatic adaptation, I agree.

I am squeeling right about now. Just love Jl 59. Just. Love. It.