Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Isn't the plan going forward for Barry and Wally to co-headline the FLASH title? Perhaps this first arc of stories spotlights Wally.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    It would be cool if they did that and occasionally their stories come together for an arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Be interesting to see what's going on...
    would love to know what future plans dc has...

is barry nowhere to be found in the april solicits? or is that him on the justice league cover?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    is barry nowhere to be found in the april solicits? or is that him on the justice league cover?
    That's him the JL cover, Very clearly his modern costume instead of Wally's 90s costume with the eye's covered we see on the Flash covers he was shown in the interior preview art for JL #1 too a while back (with a Lab coat over his costume because comics and he's doing SCIENCE) . So like I think what's going on is Wally's gonna be the Solo Flash while Barry will be the Justice League Flash, and goddamn if their both gonna be wearing the cowl again I hope they do more to differnate their costumes than "Wally has lids over his eyes and Barry doesn't".

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    That's him the JL cover, Very clearly his modern costume instead of Wally's 90s costume with the eye's covered we see on the Flash covers he was shown in the interior preview art for JL #1 too a while back (with a Lab coat over his costume because comics and he's doing SCIENCE) . So like I think what's going on is Wally's gonna be the Solo Flash while Barry will be the Justice League Flash, and goddamn if their both gonna be wearing the cowl again I hope they do more to differnate their costumes than "Wally has lids over his eyes and Barry doesn't".
    wally not having a cowl was a big help in differentiating the two flash costumes. i'm not sure what the wally fans would prefer though with his headgear.

wally not having a cowl was a big help in differentiating the two flash costumes. i'm not sure what the wally fans would prefer though with his headgear.
    Some Wally fans like his hair being free, others prefer him looking more like The Flash with the full mask.

He shouldn't look like Barry though. I'd tweak the classic suit by giving Wally silver instead of yellow, and his own emblem, both as seen on the Rebirth costume. With those differences you'd be able to distinguish them even without his ginger locks showing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Back to appreciating Barry . . . from Secret Origins Annual #2 (1988):

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He shouldn't look like Barry though. I'd tweak the classic suit by giving Wally silver instead of yellow, and his own emblem, both as seen on the Rebirth costume. With those differences you'd be able to distinguish them even without his ginger locks showing.
    My ideal would be for Wally to keep his existing colour scheme but a full mask with the white eyes. Instantly recognisable as the Flash, but also very different look to Barry.
    And I'm curious to see what the Flash title does from here. IMO, the alternating leads thing would've worked better if they'd continued with the fortnightly shipping schedule.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Back to appreciating Barry . . . from Secret Origins Annual #2 (1988):
    Are you sure the year is right? 1988 is post-Crisis, so Jay actually exists and would own the copyright himself, instead of being an alternate universe character who only exists in Barry's world in comic books.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Are you sure the year is right? 1988 is post-Crisis, so Jay actually exists and would own the copyright himself, instead of being an alternate universe character who only exists in Barry's world in comic books.

Well, that's a continuity error then. Despite him dying in Crisis, Barry's origin should've still been altered to account for Earths 1 and 2 merging.

Well, that's a continuity error then. Despite him dying in Crisis, Barry's origin should've still been altered to account for Earths 1 and 2 merging.
    I don't know all the reasoning for what was said about a copyright regarding Jay-as-The-Flash, but don't forget most of the members of the JSA (including Jay) had dropped out of sight in the early 1950s. So I'm assuming at this point of time, when Barry was kid growing up, the JSA members hadn't been seen / may have been forgotten, so it would have been the comic book company who would have been the one more likely to have sued over copyright infringement (at least in Barry's mind). And the accident that gave Barry his abilities would have taken place prior to any versions of "Flash of Two Worlds", which is when Barry would have first actually met Jay.

I can see what they were going for at least...