Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Williamson says he’s off the board right now: https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...on-part-1/?amp

However he specifically told Calvin to grab Avery if he disappeared apparently.
    Seems like a weird call, but Avery is Williamson's OC so I guess it makes sense he'd want to use her despite all the more qualified folks.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Williamson says he’s off the board right now: https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...on-part-1/?amp.
    Sounds like something big is being planned.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Seems like a weird call, but Avery is Williamson's OC so I guess it makes sense he'd want to use her despite all the more qualified folks.
    I guess the JLC aren't keeping her that busy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the JLC aren't keeping her that busy.
    I suppose. It's just she has literally no time travel, multiverse, or cosmic level experience. But I can't blame a writer for wanting to include their own characters, who else is going to give them love, after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I suppose. It's just she has literally no time travel, multiverse, or cosmic level experience. But I can't blame a writer for wanting to include their own characters, who else is going to give them love, after all?
    I guess she can bring a rookie Speedster perspective to it .

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Sounds like something big is being planned.

Pretty much guaranteed he’s going to be involved in the 2022 event.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Does anyone know if there was a stated reason why DC kept Barry Allen dead for so long? 1986 - 2009. That's 23 years.

I think of of the generations of kids who missed out on learning about the Silver Age Flash through the late 80s, 90s and all of the 00s. Wally supplanted Barry on the on mainline Flash books, on the Justice Leagues (JLI, JLE, JLA), and in animation (Superman TAS, JL/JLU). We had Bart on YJ, TT, and Flash as the grandson to a character, DC wasn't writing about anymore. But DC never missed a chance to remind us who Bart's paternal grandfather was.

What was the deal with two decade long hiatus?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I don't know what the official answer is but as someone who started reading midway through this era (so I might be biased) I think that it was mostly just because Flash was on such a creative hotstreak through most of that period. Why mess with a winning formula? The first 20 issues or so of Wally's run is a little rough but once it picks up it has a shockingly good streak pretty much all the way until 2005 and even after I'd argue it never actually got bad enough to really need to bring Barry back.

Also, I never really felt like I missed out on Barry when I got into Flash. He showed up enough in the series either through time travel or flashback so I still felt like I got to know him and because he had actually been dead so long it seemed at the time (as silly as it seems now) that his was one or the few deaths in comics that actually mattered and would stick longterm. That made Barry more interesting and unique to go back and check out to me because it felt like he had a completed story with a great ending. Also, past adventures were referenced enough that I would go back and check out issues from the original Barry series.

When he came back in 09 I felt like I knew the character pretty well considering he had died before I was even born.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, I won't say I "know", but back before Crisis on Infinite Earths, he was finishing up a looooooooooooooooong stretch with one writer (Cary Bates) and I'm not sure if it was felt that there was really much else that could be done with his character at that point.
    Plus, in a way it made sense to kill off Barry as a result of CoIE because it was through Barry that all the multiple Earth concepts were introduced into DC in the first place. So his death in a story designed to end the multiple Earths may have seemed fitting.
    Thank you both for your posts. I suppose those explanations make sense. I've reading through the Satellite and JLI eras of the JL recently. I can identify with Ralph missing Barry and making the best and better things with Wally on JLE. Thank the maker for Morrison, Johns and EVS for bringing Barry back.

Pretty much guaranteed he’s going to be involved in the 2022 event.
    Well, you know Flashes and Crises...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Barry dresses like Clark now?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Nerdy Barry!

I'm guessing this is from his CSI lab?

CW Flash finally has the gold boots. Now it looks almost the same as in the comics!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I never had a problem with the lines on the suit in the comics but man do they look dumb in live action
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I never had a problem with the lines on the suit in the comics but man do they look dumb in live action
    I've always hated them because they look absolutely stupid, but mercifully they stapled some clearly fake abs on the suit that look even more out of place.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.