Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Grant Gustin looks better with a chin strap.
    Agreed. Grant is a handsome young man, but he lacks the classic square jaw to make the strapless chin look work.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It would be kind of hilarious for Barry to replace Wallace with an AU version of him .

Grant Gustin looks better with a chin strap.
    I mean I'm just connecting theory string right now, because this is how it is working in my head right now:

1. Williamson has written both Barry Allen and Jess Chambers

2. Williamson is continuing Barry's multiverse story in Infinite Frontier #1

3. Williamson has said that Jess Chamber is coming much like other Future State Justice League members

4. What brought Jess to main earth in Future State was a Multiverse Conspiracy. Specifically said in the comic "They came from the Multiverse to warn our world of a great conspiracy and stayed behind to help with the fallout"

5. In a recent interview about Infinite Frontier #1, Williamson describes events as a Multiverse Conspiracy. Specifically ""There is a conspiracy brewing in the Multiverse after the events of Death Metal."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-and-jo...nite-frontier/

Henceforth my theory is, Jess Chambers either as Kid Quick or Flash will show up in Infinite Frontier this summer and is likely to team up with Barry Allen. Makes sense in my mind that the character they just showed off as the future Flash who travels the multiverse would learn a thing or two from Barry Allen while he is traveling the multiverse.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-04-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I'm just connecting theory string right now, because this is how it is working in my head right now:

1. Williamson has written both Barry Allen and Jess Chambers

2. Williamson is continuing Barry's multiverse story in Infinite Frontier #1

3. Williamson has said that Jess Chamber is coming much like other Future State Justice League members

4. What brought Jess to main earth in Future State was a Multiverse Conspiracy. Specifically said in the comic "They came from the Multiverse to warn our world of a great conspiracy and stayed behind to help with the fallout"

5. In a recent interview about Infinite Frontier #1, Williamson describes events as a Multiverse Conspiracy. Specifically ""There is a conspiracy brewing in the Multiverse after the events of Death Metal."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-and-jo...nite-frontier/

Henceforth my theory is, Jess Chambers either as Kid Quick or Flash will show up in Infinite Frontier this summer and is likely to team up with Barry Allen. Makes sense in my mind that the character they just showed off as the future Flash who travels the multiverse would learn a thing or two from Barry Allen while he is traveling the multiverse.
    I feel sorry for Wallace.

Astonishing Member

Wallace has gotten more play than any Flash character besides Barry and Wally so there's not much to be sad about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wallace has gotten more play than any Flash character besides Barry and Wally so there's not much to be sad about.
    I'm saying it more on the level of Barry leaving him again for an AU version. Unless Wally takes over training him.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm saying it more on the level of Barry leaving him again for an AU version. Unless Wally takes over training him.
    Because that went SO well last time Wally attempted to train somebody...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Dick's effectively taking over. Wallace and the rest of his Teen Titans team will be at the Academy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I feel sorry for Wallace.
    Don’t be he’s going to be at Titans Academy with his girlfriend Emiko. Besides I’m sure he will appear in his cousins Flash run, he’s literally Kid Flash so to think he wouldn’t appear would be a little odd.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Don’t be he’s going to be at Titans Academy with his girlfriend Emiko...
    But what if Titans Academy winds up being like Avengers Academy? (Didn't a bunch of young wannabee heroes wind up dying there?)

Honestly, not feeling it.

Good for Wally though.
    same here. happy for wally, but hoping for something else for barry...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    same here. happy for wally, but hoping for something else for barry...
    I like the exploring the Multiverse deal for Barry; we could see some pretty crazy adventures there, and it's right up his alley (Barry being the original Multiversenaut). Now the practical question going forward is which comics do we need to buy to follow the continuing adventures of Barry Allen, the Flash?

Last edited by Buried Alien; 03-05-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

All-New Member

I'd love for Justice Incarnate to get a book. I know they're going to be front and center in Infinite Frontier but even after that, I think a maxiseries that was just about them as an organization without the added baggage if needing to set up the future of the DCU could be a classic and Barry would be the ideal POV character to guide us through a book like that.

Even without this though, I really think his new status quo could cement Barry as THE Multiversenaut (which is a great term lol). So many of his classic stories revolve around multiversal shenanigans and it helps to make him stand out among the other members of the Flash family. I'll miss him in the main Flash book but I like him carving out his own niche. (I'm also hoping that Wally being front and center again means I don't have to see any more negativity around Barry any time he's brought up anywhere on the internet, which has been a problem since 2011)

Yeah, I'm not sure how much focus Wallace is going to get at Titans Academy versus the new kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I like the exploring the Multiverse deal for Barry; we could see some pretty crazy adventures there, and it's right up his alley (Barry being the original Multiversenaut). Now the practical question going forward is which comics do we need to buy to follow the continuing adventures of Barry Allen, the Flash?

I guess for me the Multiverse hasn't seemed that important to current Barry so it just doesn't hit me as being appropriate. I get the whole Flash of Two Worlds thing and how he unlocked the Multiverse, but still...

It seems like the next leg of Barry's journey will be in the Infinite Frontier mini-series by Joshua Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But what if Titans Academy winds up being like Avengers Academy? (Didn't a bunch of young wannabee heroes wind up dying there?)
    You're thinking of it's replacement, Avengers Arena.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're thinking of it's replacement, Avengers Arena.
    So was Avengers Academy the one run by failed superheroes (like Speedball/Penance)?