Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Black Iris here is really reminding me of black Amber from the Invincible cartoon.

And Barry has no Flash Ring? Or is it in his pocket?

Seriously DC, the JSA needs no help from your precious silver age heroes. I am still going to get this but it just irritates me that Barry is included in this film.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Seriously DC, the JSA needs no help from your precious silver age heroes. I am still going to get this but it just irritates me that Barry is included in this film.
    Agreed.
    It's like they didn't trust the concept to stand on it's own, so they've dragged in Barry/Flash.
    It COULD have been worse though. They COULD have shoehorned Batman in there...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Agreed.
    It's like they didn't trust the concept to stand on it's own, so they've dragged in Barry/Flash.
    Well we haven’t seen the film yet
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Agreed.
    Seems weird to say in a Barry Appreciation Thread, but I feel like Barry as the audience POV is going to help show how awesome and inspirational the JSA were.

Like, if Barry were in the movie and Jay wasn't, that would be one thing. But Jay is still there to show off as the Golden Age Flash.

The POV character could have been Wonder Woman.

Or Alan Scott, Ted Grant, Shiera Hall or Dinah Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The POV character could have been Wonder Woman.
    Wonder Woman's the co-lead and leader of the team though.

So?

And what about the other JSA characters?

There is a ton of characters who could have been the pov character without dragging Barry Allen into this.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    So he totally proposes in the epilogue, right? It's just like Superman: Unbound (also starring Bomer)!

I agree we didn't need Barry in the JSA movie, but you know what? I don't know if it's just Bomer, but this feels more like classic Barry, who I miss dearly.

I still hate that Alan got shunted from the JSA for likely Wonder Woman, but that's a different thread.

I presume Barry was included in this because it's part of their new animated universe and they basically wanted to get all their bases covered. Establish that there was a past generation of heroes, while also using it as a way to introduce Wonder Woman since they wouldn't give her another solo movie, AND introducing other non-Trinity modern heroes like Barry and Aquaman at the same time, similar to how Superman: Man of Tomorrow introduced Martian Manhunter. Barry didn't need to be the focus character but considering he's been the main connection between Flashpoint Paradox, the New-52 era, and now this, it makes sense.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-25-2021 at 12:32 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I presume Barry was included in this because it's part of their new animated universe and they basically wanted to get all their bases covered. Establish that there was a past generation of heroes, while also using it as a way to introduce Wonder Woman since they wouldn't give her another solo movie, AND introducing other non-Trinity modern heroes like Barry and Aquaman at the same time, similar to how Superman: Man of Tomorrow introduced Martian Manhunter. Barry didn't need to be the focus character but considering he's been the main connection between Flashpoint Paradox, the New-52 era, and now this, it makes sense.
    I genuinely think it's more that they wanted a familiar character to be the PoV and they wanted Diana to be experienced, so time travel was how they split the difference.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah pretty much, feels like their just kinda introducing the OG JL7 one by one into this new continuity instead of just jumping in with a Justice League movie first while ALSO establishing stuff like the JSA that can also be played with in future movies. I think after Long Halloween all they got left is Hal right? Since this one introduces Diana, Barry and Arthur? Man of Tomorrow introduced Clark and J'onn and Bruce is gonna get Long Halloween after this.

Anyway does the movie NEED Barry, probably not unless there's other Time craziness involved we don't know about yet. Do I love a good fun nerdy awkward dude SCIENCE dude Barry Allen doing his thing and not being mopey? Yeah I do.

Also he's gonna punch Nazis so that's always a plus.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-25-2021 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Yeah pretty much, feels like their just kinda introducing the OG JL7 one by one into this new continuity instead of just jumping in with a Justice League movie first while ALSO establishing stuff like the JSA that can also be played with in future movies. I think after Long Halloween all they got left is Hal right? Since this one introduces Diana, Barry and Arthur? Man of Tomorrow introduced Clark and J'onn and Bruce is gonna get Long Halloween after this.

Anyway does the movie NEED Barry, probably not unless there's other Time craziness involved we don't know about yet. Do I love a good fun nerdy awkward dude SCIENCE dude Barry Allen doing his thing and not being mopey? Yeah I do.

Also he's gonna punch Nazis so that's always a plus.
    I would be legitimately shocked if they have Hal in this JL line-up. The original line-up didn't fly in 2001, let alone 2021. Not to mention after the way they treated Hal in Darkseid War, combined with the fact that DC has clearly given up on pushing him, they will shaft him here too.

But I agree, from what we know so far about the story, this movie doesn't seem to really "need" Barry, but he could still end up having a good role here. And seeing Jay featured in outside media is always a plus.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-25-2021 at 04:03 AM.