Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The POV character could have been Wonder Woman.
    I don't think they know how to make WW the POV without making it an origin story.

I actually don't mind Barry's Flash being in the movie though. But I get why it could be frustrating for JLA fans.

Also the movie hasn't come out yet so I don't wanna be mad about any choice they made until I understand them.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-25-2021 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I don't think they know how to make WW the POV without making it an origin story.

I actually don't mind Barry's Flash being in the movie though. But I get why it could be frustrating for JLA fans.

Also the movie hasn't come out yet so I don't wanna be mad about any choice they made until I understand them.
    Frustrating for JLA fans?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Frustrating for JLA fans?
    Oops, I mean JSA fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So he totally proposes in the epilogue, right? It's just like Superman: Unbound (also starring Bomer)!
    There's a subplot of Steve Trevor continually proposing to Wonder Woman, so you might be onto something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I would be legitimately shocked if they have Hal in this JL line-up. The original line-up didn't fly in 2001, let alone 2021. Not to mention after the way they treated Hal in Darkseid War, combined with the fact that DC has clearly given up on pushing him, they will shaft him here too.

But I agree, from what we know so far about the story, this movie doesn't seem to really "need" Barry, but he could still end up having a good role here. And seeing Jay featured in outside media is always a plus.
    It would be weird to pair a GL with Barry that's not Hal, but I guess it's not like they haven't done it before.

Astonishing Member

They already paired Stewart with Barry in Snyder's DCAU-lite JL run so I wouldn't be surprised.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's a subplot of Steve Trevor continually proposing to Wonder Woman, so you might be onto something.

It would be weird to pair a GL with Barry that's not Hal, but I guess it's not like they haven't done it before.
    I feel like Steve probably dies before Diana can say yes, giving her a core wound (and explaining why Barry, who likely works with her, has never heard of or met him) and motivating Barry to get his priorities straight because he's spinning plates with Iris and now realizes he isn't promised a tomorrow. Basic story stuff, but it works.

They previously paired Jessica with him too. Everything about Hal is apparently interchangeable and can just be handed over to someone else, from his friends, to his villains to his stories. To me the Flash/GL friendships are not interchangeable and I wouldn't want Barry to be paired with Kyle or Wally to be paired with Guy, but DC clearly couldn't care less about any of that. As long as there's a Flash and a Lantern there, they're gonna be bffs. I guess it's still better than the Barry/Cyborg friendship in the DCEU that kind of came out of nowhere and wasn't even used in the comics afterwards.

Well, I have a suspicion we might get a Snyder-esque League because Hawkgirl is on one of the DVD spines in a Rebirth-esque costume, but I found the Barry/John pairing kind of dumb because they're not really each other's Flash/GL even if Snyder clearly wishes he had Wally there.

I'd rather Barry and Jessica because at least that's a wholly different dynamic if you're not going to use Hal.
    I feel like Steve probably dies before Diana can say yes, giving her a core wound (and explaining why Barry, who likely works with her, has never heard of or met him) and motivating Barry to get his priorities straight because he's spinning plates with Iris and now realizes he isn't promised a tomorrow. Basic story stuff, but it works.
    I think this is the first time Barry meets Wonder Woman since it's pre-Justice League.

Well, I have a suspicion we might get a Snyder-esque League because Hawkgirl is on one of the DVD spines in a Rebirth-esque costume, but I found the Barry/John pairing kind of dumb because they're not really each other's Flash/GL even if Snyder clearly wishes he had Wally there.

I'd rather Barry and Jessica because at least that's a wholly different dynamic if you're not going to use Hal.

I think this is the first time Barry meets Wonder Woman since it's pre-Justice League.
    Besides you can clearly see it's Shayera, not Kendra. You'd have 4 white dudes, MM and Shayera on the team, having Hal there wouldn't even make sense. If they wanna go for the Snyder/DCAU-inspired team, more power to them I guess. I would think Wally is better suited for a team like that, but like I said, apparently certain characters are always interchangeable.

Astonishing Member

They previously paired Jessica with him too. Everything about Hal is apparently interchangeable and can just be handed over to someone else, from his friends, to his villains to his stories. To me the Flash/GL friendships are not interchangeable and I wouldn't want Barry to be paired with Kyle or Wally to be paired with Guy, but DC clearly couldn't care less about any of that. As long as there's a Flash and a Lantern there, they're gonna be bffs. I guess it's still better than the Barry/Cyborg friendship in the DCEU that kind of came out of nowhere and wasn't even used in the comics afterwards.
    Barry/Cyborg is really weird because Wally is legitimately one of Cyborg's closer friends from the Titans. Outside of Dick Cyborg is the NTT comrade Wally dealt with the most.

That would account for his excitement at the prospect of seeing Superman. Even so, I think Trevor bites it to motivate Barry to live in the day as well as give Diana something to mourn over since everyone loved the first Wonder Woman movie.

Spectacular Member

Wait she is? Which one? I wanna see what design we might see her in. Id love to get more animated Hawk action, we know were getting Hawkman in this and it'd be cool to get Hawkgirl in something else too.
    Last edited by Mojo; 04-25-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Besides you can clearly see it's Shayera, not Kendra. You'd have 4 white dudes, MM and Shayera on the team, having Hal there wouldn't even make sense. If they wanna go for the Snyder/DCAU-inspired team, more power to them I guess. I would think Wally is better suited for a team like that, but like I said, apparently certain characters are always interchangeable.
    I dunno if that's their thinking when it comes to roster but who can say at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Barry/Cyborg is really weird because Wally is legitimately one of Cyborg's closer friends from the Titans. Outside of Dick Cyborg is the NTT comrade Wally dealt with the most.
    Well, I think Johns was just hearkening to his Wally/Vic moment from his Flash run while also establishing team dynamics.
    That would account for his excitement at the prospect of seeing Superman. Even so, I think Trevor bites it to motivate Barry to live in the day as well as give Diana something to mourn over since everyone loved the first Wonder Woman movie.
    Or maybe one of his proposals actually works! Longshot I know, but Steve Trevor isn't known for giving up .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Wait she is? Which one? I wanna see what design we might see her in. Id love to get more animated Hawk action, we know were getting Hawkman in this and it'd be cool to get Hawkgirl in something else too.

She's also mentioned in the movie.

I dunno if that's their thinking when it comes to roster but who can say at this point.

Well, I think Johns was just hearkening to his Wally/Vic moment from his Flash run while also establishing team dynamics.

Or maybe one of his proposals actually works! Longshot I know, but Steve Trevor isn't known for giving up .

She's also mentioned in the movie.
    No, but he's very well-known for dying.

I would be legitimately shocked if they have Hal in this JL line-up. The original line-up didn't fly in 2001, let alone 2021. Not to mention after the way they treated Hal in Darkseid War, combined with the fact that DC has clearly given up on pushing him, they will shaft him here too.

But I agree, from what we know so far about the story, this movie doesn't seem to really "need" Barry, but he could still end up having a good role here. And seeing Jay featured in outside media is always a plus.
    Yeah I’m expecting it to be John as well, especially with John being the guy they’re going with for the film (if they ever get around to making that).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/