Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, they gave him some stuff they established with Wally's character in the early seasons but by now he's pretty much just Barry.
    Yeah they gave him stuff but not Barry's personality. They gave him the speed force, Zolomon and Linda Park for a minute. But that personality is Barry Allen.

The Linda Park thing annoyed me a bit.
    Last edited by Hol; 08-13-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Yeah they gave him stuff but not Barry's personality. They gave him the speed force, Zolomon and Linda Park for a minute. But that personality is Barry Allen.

Same.

Although their take on Zoom also ended up being almost as different as Savitar did, so at least it wasn't completely rehashing Wally stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Hopefully, DC has learned its lesson about killing off or sidelining long-term Flashes.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    we could always hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same.

Although their take on Zoom also ended up being almost as different as Savitar did, so at least it wasn't completely rehashing Wally stuff.
    Yeah, Zoom was a Jay Garrick imposter, and Savitar turned out to be a Barry Time Remnant. Both are completely different in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Hopefully, DC has learned its lesson about killing off or sidelining long-term Flashes.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Worked out really good twice then really, really bad twice.

I love Linda in the comics but I hated when they tried to make her a love interest for Barry on tv for a hot minute. It's a shame they didn't save her to a love interest for Wally.

Astonishing Member

The idea of saving anything for Wally is kind of pointless. They were planning to strip everything they could from the Speed Force era comics anyhow so it wasn't like Wally would ever get a Wally-esque love story character arc centered around Linda. Without that who cares?

I'd just rather she never appeared at all so we could've all avoided the sour taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The idea of saving anything for Wally is kind of pointless. They were planning to strip everything they could from the Speed Force era comics anyhow so it wasn't like Wally would ever get a Wally-esque love story character arc centered around Linda. Without that who cares?

I'd just rather she never appeared at all so we could've all avoided the sour taste.
    No Linda would've been preferable to what they did with her.

I like the actress they got for Linda, but they really didn't know what they were doing there and it was probably a consequence of a lack of planning or care as far as adapting goes...which wouldn't be the first time for that show.

I think they totally could have paired her with Wally but that just never seemed to be in the cards for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    My first exposure to Barry Allen. I remember when I watching the Justice League cartoon I had no idea who this "Wally West" guy was. lol Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Zoom was a Jay Garrick imposter, and Savitar turned out to be a Barry Time Remnant. Both are completely different in the comics.
    Zoom still was a version of Hunter Zolomon from Earth 2. So different but still.

Zoom still was a version of Hunter Zolomon from Earth 2. So different but still.
    And he talked about how tragedy defined you as a comparison between him and Barry, although that was kind of last-minute.

i just can't stop looking at this...

Cosmic Treadmill !