Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    First is from the Legends of Superheroes tv special played by Rod Haase and the third is Kenny Johnston who played Barry Allen from the cancelled Justice League pilot

Not going to lie even though he was Bart, Smallville’s take on Impulse felt more like Flash with elements of Barry and Wally (comic Wally and DCAU Wally)
    I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, when they first announced his appearance on the Flash didn't they call him Flash? I mean in the previews? And we were just supposed to think he was a mix of Barry Wally and Bart? I feel like they didn't even call him Impulse for a season or two after he was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    First is from the Legends of Superheroes tv special played by Rod Haase and the third is Kenny Johnston who played Barry Allen from the cancelled Justice League pilot
    I've never heard of that Legends of Superheroes thing. And I didn't know Flash was in that Justice League show they planned - wasn't most of the roster the second string?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I've never heard of that Legends of Superheroes thing. And I didn't know Flash was in that Justice League show they planned - wasn't most of the roster the second string?
    You can watch the whole thing online. It's good for a giggle.
    The roster included Martian Manhunter, Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner, Atom and Flash. The costumes are terrible, the acting more wooden than a pair of clogs and visual effects ILM could only dream of.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    You can watch the whole thing online. It's good for a giggle.
    The roster included Martian Manhunter, Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner, Atom and Flash. The costumes are terrible, the acting more wooden than a pair of clogs and visual effects ILM could only dream of.
    I enjoyed the Linkara video...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I believe, and correct me if I am wrong, when they first announced his appearance on the Flash didn't they call him Flash? I mean in the previews? And we were just supposed to think he was a mix of Barry Wally and Bart? I feel like they didn't even call him Impulse for a season or two after he was introduced.
    Yes they called him Flash in the previews, even the writers like Steven S. DeKnight considered Bart to be Smallville Flash, but the reason he isn’t named the Flash (or called Impulse instead), is the same reason Barry or Wally wasn’t used: the Flash movie was supposedly in production which hampered what the Smallville creators could or couldn’t do with their Flash. The reason I said a mix because they handled Bart who honestly outside of his name up until Smallville season 11 tie in comic, had little in common with Bart from the comics. Besides his origin coming from Barry/Wally, he seemed more like a what if the Flash never had a stable family home or got his power with no guidance or training, a street kid who is on the wrong side of the tracks until he met Superman and Green Arrow.

https://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvil...with-al-gough/
    https://www.voicesfromkrypton.com/20...-s-de-kni.html
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f78/t452702.html

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

What parts of Barry's Silver/Bronze Age origin and life/career are still presently valid?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    What parts of Barry's Silver/Bronze Age origin and life/career are still presently valid?
    Well, if you believe the "It ALL happened!" theory, then I guess EVERYTHING still happened (somehow).

I can't think of any of it that's been contradicted? Hit by a lightning bolt, CI, busting up Rogues, mentoring Wally, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't think of any of it that's been contradicted? Hit by a lightning bolt, CI, busting up Rogues, mentoring Wally, etc.
    Well, there's always that nasty pre-CoIE vs. post-Infinite Crisis(?) contradiction involving his parents and what that does to stories from the pre-CoIE period when his mother was still alive, but . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Barry's not a mean guy, but sometimes a punch is well-deserved...

So...with Barry off of JUSTICE LEAGUE INCARNATE, where do we go for our Barry fix for the foreseeable future?

So...with Barry off of JUSTICE LEAGUE INCARNATE, where do we go for our Barry fix for the foreseeable future?

Flash is supposed to be in the Dark Nights book from Tom Taylor, although I don't know if it's Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Flash is supposed to be in the Dark Nights book from Tom Taylor, although I don't know if it's Barry.
    Looks like following Barry's further adventures in the modern DCU is going to be an Easter Egg hunt for the foreseeable future.

I mean we might know more next week, Infinite Frontier finishes next week and that might let us know what is going to happen to Barry concerning what Darkseid is doing to him and what Darkseid wants.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.