Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The blunder was giving that book the "Thunderbolts" name--and numbering! If the super-villain wrestling book had launched as issue #1 of its own series, rather than as THUNDERBOLTS #76, it would likely be viewed in an entirely different light--and may have been more successful.

But the fact that it had no connection at all to the existing T-Bolts characters (except Man-Killer) alienated the T-Bolts fans, and the fact that it was labelled as #76 of an ongoing series did nothing to make it seem accessible to new readers who may have been interested in the concept.
    Agreed. It should've been a spin-off, even bringing in Songbird's former teammates from the Grapplers might've added something to the whole affair...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I did enjoy Hawkeye coming on board (because I was a fan of him in Avengers - and followed him into West Coast Avengers). I did feel like he started taking too much of the spotlight, and the other characters became supporting characters to Hawkeye and Moonstone; which was a bit of a shame, because my attraction to the series was these villains getting some real development - rather than just being a "bad guy of the month" in a given super hero title.
    Yeah, Hawkeye has that effect whenever & wherever he shows up
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-22-2021 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Fantastic Member

I would love to see Axum brought back in a proper T-Bolts comic given his attachment to the namesake. Was cool he was included on the Anniversary mural featuring all the members of the Thunderbolts through the years.

Fantastic Member

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ts-3-lettered/

Preview for the final issue.

Mr. Hyde, Man-Bull, Foolkiller, Grizzly and Figment all become T-Bolts! (Grizzly and Hyde already being former members) though I wouldn't expect any of them to last too long. I really like Figment's design though.

Fantastic Member

Sigh. Poor Bob.

Not a fan of the art style.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

If you could make a THUNDERBOLTS book - what six characters would you have on your roster?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Terrible, literally terrible.... And the top half of sentry's body is floating in space past the moon as shown in valkyries 1... And the symbiotes have earth covered so how did it get back?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Sigh. Poor Bob.
    In fairness, once you realize that this is all a big joke about how Bob is always treated as a bomb waiting to go off, and is in fact referred to as one in KIB 1 itself, you have to lau... no, actually, it's still kinda terrible.

Still enjoying this Thunderbolts mini, though.

Fantastic Member

I think the only Thunderbolts run I wasn't so fond of was... Gods. Can't remember the writer. Red Hulk, Punisher, Deadpool etc. Just not a great run for me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I think the only Thunderbolts run I wasn't so fond of was... Gods. Can't remember the writer. Red Hulk, Punisher, Deadpool etc. Just not a great run for me.
    Started with Daniel Way, then got taken up by Charles Soule, and then near the end, Ben Acker and Ben Blacker.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent james west View Post
    Terrible, literally terrible.... And the top half of sentry's body is floating in space past the moon as shown in valkyries 1... And the symbiotes have earth covered so how did it get back?
    By this being one of those events that's going to have continuity lapses between books.

Not sure Knull having a symbiote goo version of Darth Vader's chambers has popped up anywhere but here, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    In fairness, once you realize that this is all a big joke about how Bob is always treated as a bomb waiting to go off, and is in fact referred to as one in KIB 1 itself, you have to lau... no, actually, it's still kinda terrible.

Still enjoying this Thunderbolts mini, though.
    I guess we'll see soon, but it doesn't make a lot of sense how a bunch of villains are improvising a Molotov cocktail out of Sentry's corpse just because he's really powerful. This kind of volatile energies waiting to go off concept sounds like something out of... dunno, Monarch from DC off the top of my head. Sentry's volatility has always been about his mental state, which shouldn't be a factor in Thunderbolts since Bob's mind or essence is busy inside the headless Celestial.

But the joke part is true, Bleeding Cool had already noticed the Weekend at Bernie reference about the Thunderbolts making a trip with Sentry's corpse. Bob's role in KIB so far is a series of skits. He even got a joke of his own to tell during Valkyries. If Sentry's future is at the Aaron/Cates creative duo hands, I'm not holding my breath.

Just saw an episode of Marvel Rising, featuring "Screaming Mimi"-- and some teen-itized versions of the Thunderbolt characters. Intriguing, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Just saw an episode of Marvel Rising, featuring "Screaming Mimi"-- and some teen-itized versions of the Thunderbolt characters. Intriguing, overall.
    Yeah, I thought their take on Melissa was kind of fun even if the teen version of the T-Bolts was...weird.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I thought their take on Melissa was kind of fun even if the teen version of the T-Bolts was...weird.
    Agreed. I'll cop to liking the Thunderbolts' adaptation in Avengers Assemble Season 3 (retitled Avengers: Ultron Revolution). Thought it was a good way to incorporate them in a Marvel setting where the Avengers weren't (seemingly) killed off.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent james west View Post
    Star has reality warping powers (although her capabilities have been seriously downplayed in this mini). Once they found the bottom half of him, she may have been able to use it to teleport the other half of his corpse to them.