Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't read any Thunderbolts comics. I'm wondering, is it like Marvel's Suicide Squad?
    Read the original run by Busiek then later Fabian - ignore the random "Hey let's make it a wrestling book!" by some idiot Marvel person - before resuming Fabian's run.

Forget all the other versions.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Read the original run by Busiek then later Fabian - ignore the random "Hey let's make it a wrestling book!" by some idiot Marvel person - before resuming Fabian's run.

Forget all the other versions.
    Ok. I'll look for that

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And Thunderball has always been too good for those other Wrecking Crew jobbers.
    In agreement with you about Thunderball having great potential.

"The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man!" gets all the press,
    but the lead story ("And He Strikes Like a Thunderball!") also from Roger Stern was most enjoyable (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-07-2021 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

If the main Thunderbolts do appear, where do you think they'll be introduced? So far we have Baron Zemo.
    hmm... good question. My guess is it might be in a Disney+ TV show before they graduate into the films, at least to delve into their individual backstories a little more.

Fixer and Beetle, maybe that Armor Wars series that is planned for Don Cheadle's Rhodey.

Goliath... ooh.. hmm.. with the power set, maybe She-Hulk? It would almost be a Marvel analog to Wonder Woman vs Giganta (with a gender swap of course)
    Screaming Mimi... Heck, give her to She-Hulk, too.. lol.. I can see Jennifer getting frustrated with all that screaming power..
    Moonstone... maybe a Captain Marvel movie?

^^^^ Thunderball, heh.. I know that Mr. Coates made an attempt at rehabbing him in the Black Panther book, but I have no idea if he's appeared since then, and if he's just back to being a full heel.. lol.. (gifted physicist decides to slum it with a group of thug-minded nitwits.. lots of psychological territory. I wanted him as a Luke Cage foe for so long.. if only for Luke to give him a lecture about squandering his gifts..)
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 03-07-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hmm... good question. My guess is it might be in a Disney+ TV show before they graduate into the films, at least to delve into their individual backstories a little more.

Fixer and Beetle, maybe that Armor Wars series that is planned for Don Cheadle's Rhodey.

Goliath... ooh.. hmm.. with the power set, maybe She-Hulk? It would almost be a Marvel analog to Wonder Woman vs Giganta (with a gender swap of course)
    Screaming Mimi... Heck, give her to She-Hulk, too.. lol.. I can see Jennifer getting frustrated with all that screaming power..
    Moonstone... maybe a Captain Marvel movie?

^^^^ Thunderball, heh.. I know that Mr. Coates made an attempt at rehabbing him in the Black Panther book, but I have no idea if he's appeared since then, and if he's just back to being a full heel.. lol.. (gifted physicist decides to slum it with a group of thug-minded nitwits.. lots of psychological territory. I wanted him as a Luke Cage foe for so long.. if only for Luke to give him a lecture about squandering his gifts..)
    Goliath is similar to Ant-Man, right? He could be a foe of Ant-Man or his daughter

Goliath is similar to Ant-Man, right? He could be a foe of Ant-Man or his daughter
    forgot about them. wow, hmmm..

Ultimate Member

forgot about them. wow, hmmm..
    Just a suggestion, haha. Not familiar with Fixer, but Songbird is like Klaw, right? If so, she could appear in BP2, if they have any history with each other (more knowledgeable fans can clarify)

Just a suggestion, haha. Not familiar with Fixer, but Songbird is like Klaw, right? If so, she could appear in BP2, if they have any history with each other (more knowledgeable fans can clarify)
    she could always be a mercenary with some black-market technology, for sure.. working against the wakandans

Ultimate Member

she could always be a mercenary with some black-market technology, for sure.. working against the wakandans
    She becomes a permanent hero, right? As opposed to the others who stay villainous?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

She becomes a permanent hero, right? As opposed to the others who stay villainous?
    Pretty much, yeah. She's never vacillated between hero and villain the way so many of her fellow Thunderbolts have.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. She's never vacillated between hero and villain the way so many of her fellow Thunderbolts have.
    You think Zemo will pretend to be heroic in FaWS to possibly build this up?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You think Zemo will pretend to be heroic in FaWS to possibly build this up?
    Given his record, it'd be hard, but he could easily play it up in the sense of portraying the Avengers' past failures, moral and otherwise, as his motive to form the Thunderbolts as a superior successor to the Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Given his record, it'd be hard, but he could easily play it up in the sense of portraying the Avengers' past failures, moral and otherwise, as his motive to form the Thunderbolts as a superior successor to the Avengers.
    after the run of this season.. I could see Zemo going 'deep underground', and concocting the Citizen V identity. There would be no way to avoid the comics audience knowing the secret, but it could still be fun to see it play out.

Ultimate Member

after the run of this season.. I could see Zemo going 'deep underground', and concocting the Citizen V identity. There would be no way to avoid the comics audience knowing the secret, but it could still be fun to see it play out.
    Kinda like Mysterio?

Ultimate Member

Maybe he could ask to be "reformed"