Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Massive, massive sigh. Shoulda left it as done after the original mini.
    Naw. I'll pass on that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Naw. I'll pass on that.
    You've always been a more positive fan than me, Chief!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    You've always been a more positive fan than me, Chief!
    It's not positivity. A character in use can always be written better, and frankly, if we simply dust binned every character that endured bad storylines or insulting depictions, we'd have a very small marvel universe. I'm pragmatic about these things and I've been around long enough to know that indignities are temporary.

Fantastic Member

It's not positivity. A character in use can always be written better, and frankly, if we simply dust binned every character that endured bad storylines or insulting depictions, we'd have a very small marvel universe. I'm pragmatic about these things and I've been around long enough to know that indignities are temporary.
    Words to live by, those! Guess I'll be cynically waiting for the next go around then.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I can agree with that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I can agree with that.
    Right, so I can laugh at the joke of the character being referred to as a bomb in the first issue of the main mini being *used as a literal one* in a secondary mini, even if I find it frustrating as a fan of his. It's all just temporary.

Fantastic Member

Rosenberg has recently tweeted saying that at the moment, there are no plans for a continuation of Thunderbolts comics, but that could potentially change if there was enough support and letters written into Marvel asking for more.

So if any fellow bolt-heads out there want more yknow what to do

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpiderWom...48572313546756

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    If you could make a THUNDERBOLTS book - what six characters would you have on your roster?
    I love this part of the thread

Here goes

Songbird
    Mockingbird
    Diamondback
    Hawkeye
    Thunderball (combines brain and brawn)
    And the WTF curveball member...Baron Zemo
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Oh there have been characters in the pages of Thunderbolts past that have received worse treatment
    Eric O'Grady's Ant man with the issue written by Rick Remender (he walked back to Thunderbolts HQ covered in crap, crapped out by Luke Cage (!) )
    Last edited by Blu_Spyder; 03-06-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,

"

Ultimate Member

I haven't read any Thunderbolts comics. I'm wondering, is it like Marvel's Suicide Squad?

Do you think we'll be seeing them in the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't read any Thunderbolts comics. I'm wondering, is it like Marvel's Suicide Squad?

Do you think we'll be seeing them in the MCU?
    the most recent incarnation is definitely that.

I guess you would need some recurring villains to actually do that in the MCU. we don't really see groups of 'major' villains yet. mostly just generic minions of the big boss.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the most recent incarnation is definitely that.

I guess you would need some recurring villains to actually do that in the MCU. we don't really see groups of 'major' villains yet. mostly just generic minions of the big boss.
    If the main Thunderbolts do appear, where do you think they'll be introduced? So far we have Baron Zemo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    I love this part of the thread

Here goes

Songbird
    Mockingbird
    Diamondback
    Hawkeye
    Thunderball (combines brain and brawn)
    And the WTF curveball member...Baron Zemo
    Goodness, that would be a fun team. Mockingbird, Songbird and Diamondback, hit a lot of the same beats when on other teams, so it would be fun to see how very different they can be playing off each other.

And Thunderball has always been too good for those other Wrecking Crew jobbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Goodness, that would be a fun team. Mockingbird, Songbird and Diamondback, hit a lot of the same beats when on other teams, so it would be fun to see how very different they can be playing off each other.

And Thunderball has always been too good for those other Wrecking Crew jobbers.
    In fact Mockingbird & Songbird did work toghether in David F.Walker's Powerman & Iron fist series, and it was a fun interaction, Diamondback dropped Mockingbird's name in Gail Simone's Domino (they worked toghether off panel, at some point), plus Diamondback does not have a good impression of The Thunderbolts (In Avengers The Initiative The Avengers Resistance described Penance as "From Intel Penance is one those criminals pretending to be heroes Thunderbolts, and their intel source was Diamondback). So yeah that line up (add Moonstone to it) would indeed be fun and yes Thunderball as a character is criminally under used (slight pun intended)
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,

"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    In fact Mockingbird & Songbird did work toghether in David F.Walker's Powerman & Iron fist series, and it was a fun interaction, Diamondback dropped Mockingbird's name in Gail Simone's Domino (they worked toghether off panel, at some point), plus Diamondback does not have a good impression of The Thunderbolts (In Avengers The Initiative The Avengers Resistance described Penance as "From Intel Penance is one those criminals pretending to be heroes Thunderbolts, and their intel source was Diamondback). So yeah that line up (add Moonstone to it) would indeed be fun and yes Thunderball as a character is criminally under used (slight pun intended)
    To be fair, Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts were exactly that --- criminals pretending to be heroes --- unlike previous (and original) iterations that genuinely did want to better themselves after getting a taste of the fringe benefits of being a hero.
    The spider is always on the hunt.