Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Thunderbolts Appreciation 2021

The next thread for the modern Marvel classic. For the original Busiek run, the New Thunderbolts, Warren Ellis's Osborn-led squad in the era after Civil War, the Luke Cage era, the all-too-brief Bucky era, and all the others in between.

Some speculate them to show up in the upcoming Falcon & Winter Soldier show!

(Just not the Red Hulk version)
    Last edited by H-E-D; 01-02-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Hoping 2021 will be a good year for the T-Bolts! The return of Citizen V/Baron Zemo would be great, as well...

Happy New Year to the T-Bolts .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If it helps, they're getting another relaunch for the King in Black event, with the Kingpin, a.k.a. "Mayor Fisk," assembling them this time. After all, the end of all life in the universe by Knull's hand benefits no one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

God, I miss moonstone so much! But I wish they'd sort her out once and for all. Is she a hero? A villain? Or an anti hero? I don't think even Karla knows what she is!

this is a concept that I really wish was turned into an animated series. I think it would work well. Yes, adult fans know the secret already, of the original group, but I still think it would be worth exploring in animation.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    God, I miss moonstone so much! But I wish they'd sort her out once and for all. Is she a hero? A villain? Or an anti hero? I don't think even Karla knows what she is!
    If it helps, she appeared more recently in Strikeforce post-War of the Realms and was also part of the Ravencroft miniseries by Frank Tieri where she reunited with Norman Osborn and Mac Gargan from the post-Civil War Thunderbolts leading into Dark Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    this is a concept that I really wish was turned into an animated series. I think it would work well. Yes, adult fans know the secret already, of the original group, but I still think it would be worth exploring in animation.
    Indeed. I mean, we got the classic Thunderbolts in Avengers Assemble Season 3, but it would be better to give them their own animated series where they could be fully fleshed out and developed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

No different from, say, Magneto, though
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

That's the fun with her though--she's hard to pin down. As with basically all of the T-Bolts, she's tried to be a better person...but some of them have been more successful than others. All of the T-Bolts have had some degree of backslide along the way. For some of them the road to redemption is just too hard and they fall into old habits and take the easier option. Others have circumstances change which push them back into their old ways.

In Karla's case, I think its a bit of both. She has definitely found it hard to change and struggled with being a better person--but she's also been rather changed since the incident where her mind was left comatose for months after Hawkeye shattered one of her moonstones when she was going mad from the power of having the two stones. Since she came out of that coma, she's been a bit aggressive and bloodthirsty than she used to be, and she hasn't been as subtle and manipulative as she used to be. I think she may have been left with some brain damage that has altered her personality somewhat.

Fantastic Member

http://www.gamesradar.com/amp/king-i...lts-1-preview/

Preview out for KIB: Thunderbolts #1.

Got a feeling a few of these are sheer fodder and they're going full on Suicide Squad moreso than the Bolts have ever been in the past.

Also Kingpin owns the rights to the Thunderbolts name, guess that's a holdover from the lineup in Rosenberg's Punisher run.

And ugh, I hate they all had to remove their masks. That doesn't make much sense and Taskmaster without one is cursed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post

Got a feeling a few of these are sheer fodder and they're going full on Suicide Squad moreso than the Bolts have ever been in the past.

Also Kingpin owns the rights to the Thunderbolts name, guess that's a holdover from the lineup in Rosenberg's Punisher run.

And ugh, I hate they all had to remove their masks. That doesn't make much sense and Taskmaster without one is cursed.
    It's nice they acknowledge from the beginning Star is a wild card for this event, since she taps into the Reality Stone and the main event brought up that using top cosmic artifacts could be the heroes' only way out.

Who could be the person they'll be looking for? Going from the issue 2 solicitation they're probably going to Ravencroft for it, and I think that place has been making the rounds in these stories lately.

Fantastic Member

Yeah at Ravencroft it could be all kinds of people.

Carnage's remains are there, The Unwanted are there, Kindred is being held there(Rosenberg also wrote for the event Kindred was in), hard telling who else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post

In before Star just casually takes her mask off because it barely covers her face and she doesn't care .

Funny that the new kid on the block is also the most important to the mission but I guess it makes sense.

Fantastic Member

I feel bad for the new recruits, they didnt even make it on the cover, pretty hard not to view em as fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In before Star just casually takes her mask off because it barely covers her face and she doesn't care .

Funny that the new kid on the block is also the most important to the mission but I guess it makes sense.
    Ripley wears glasses in her secret identity anyway - she's a Marvel villain version of Supergirl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman