Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Fair enough, and I agree they should create more new villains that expand that representation. I was also disappointed to see her go that fast.

I guess the thing that surprised me about your reaction was the severity of it. I saw her early death and went "oh, that's too bad" and moved on--but from what you've said it sounds like your reaction was more like "this sucks; I no longer have any interest in reading this miniseries at all". Of course, you've always had a special fondness for snake-themed villains, so it hit you in a sensitive spot.
    Well, yeah, and I had no interest in the others in the cast (maybe Rhino, but he also dipped out fast). She could've joined the Serpent Society!

Speaking of which, if Rosenberg had planned to use other villains, I wonder if he had Sidewinder in Snakehead's role since they're both teleporters.

so is this a dirty dozen type series now? random deaths?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is this a dirty dozen type series now? random deaths?
    Probably not so much now, maybe Mister Fear, but we're close to the half point of the story (it's just 3 issues) and while Kingpin states everybody died in the mission, at least Taskmaster and Batroc have enough pull I don't expect them to die, just go underground.

Fantastic Member

I hope this miniseries sells well enough to get them to do an ongoing, maybe they fake their death and Star and Batroc could end up on a more straightforward T-Bolts crew. Could really need some resolution to Abner missing, Jolt actually doing something in the 616, and whatever Ghost has going on with his love in AI form.

Fantastic Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comic-w...lts-2-of-3/amp

Preview for issue 2. Masks are back baby

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/comic-w...lts-2-of-3/amp

Preview for issue 2. Masks are back baby
    Well, Star is probably the only one who doesn't look cooler with her mask on, so no wonder she doesn't put it on .

Simon is popular in France? Huh.

Is it just me or do the eyes on Taskmaster's skull mask look like they're evoking his MCU mask compared to the traditional design?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it just me or do the eyes on Taskmaster's skull mask look like they're evoking his MCU mask compared to the traditional design?
    I know, right?! Personally, I was hoping it would look more like the UDON version

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Personally, I was hoping it would look more like the UDON version

I'm still waiting for Marvel to cut a deal with UDON so they can use the UDON design again. That was the best Taskmaster look, in my opinion.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Simon is popular in France? Huh.
    I assumed I missed a joke or reference there.

I'm not that current with Spideyworld lore, is spoilers:
    Norman going sane
    end of spoilers a thing right now?
    Last edited by Wildling; 02-08-2021 at 09:25 PM.

I'm still a sucker for classic Tasky .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

Norman going sane
    I don't know if this is pre or post the latest Spidey storyline, but Norman fake sanity pretty well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

Norman going sane
    Yeah, hes currently the the director of Ravencroft working under Fisk and had his sins expelled from himself, resulting in him just being a guilt riddled wet noodle who wants to right his wrongs, while also coy enough to fake being his old self when he needs to. Presumably this takes place sometime after ASM #55 of Spencer's run.

Astonishing Member

Same. I really enjoyed that TASKMASTER mini but I did not like the UDON redesign of his look. Taskmaster already had a great look--there was no need to mess with it. I can understand removing the cape, given some of the acrobatic feats he was doing in that story. But redesigning the entire outfit was too much--he didn't look like Taskmaster anymore.

Me too. The classic beats whatever today's creative minds can come up with...

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Same. I really enjoyed that TASKMASTER mini but I did not like the UDON redesign of his look. Taskmaster already had a great look--there was no need to mess with it. I can understand removing the cape, given some of the acrobatic feats he was doing in that story. But redesigning the entire outfit was too much--he didn't look like Taskmaster anymore.
    No matter what, I'll always love UDON! But, simply put, no one can improve upon whatever design George Perez has created...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-09-2021 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

The Thunderbolts still exist in Heroes Reborn, renamed the Siege Society.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Thunderbolts still exist in Heroes Reborn, renamed the Siege Society.
    I'm curious what happened to the previous Thunderbolts from there. IIRC didnt 616 Zemo steal his counterpart's body(who went under the name Iron Cross) from there? Or maybe this isnt even related to that, I havent looked into this Heroes Reborn at all.