Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    after the run of this season.. I could see Zemo going 'deep underground', and concocting the Citizen V identity. There would be no way to avoid the comics audience knowing the secret, but it could still be fun to see it play out.
    That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe he could ask to be "reformed"
    If it worked for Wilson Fisk in Season 3 of Daredevil . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would make sense.

If it worked for Wilson Fisk in Season 3 of Daredevil . . .
    Do you think the Thunderbolts would be formed any way else in the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Do you think the Thunderbolts would be formed any way else in the MCU?
    Not really, at least not without it making the same thematic sense. With the Avengers effectively disbanded after Endgame, I could see Zemo/Citizen V moving in to replace them with his Thunderbolts, claiming they'll do a much better job defending the planet and its people.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not really, at least not without it making the same thematic sense. With the Avengers effectively disbanded after Endgame, I could see Zemo/Citizen V moving in to replace them with his Thunderbolts, claiming they'll do a much better job defending the planet and its people.
    So the Thunderbolts members would be dark versions of the Avengers

Baron Zemo - Captain America, Winter Soldier, US Agent
    Goliath - Ant-Man
    Beetle - Iron Man, War Machine
    Moonstone - Captain Marvel
    Songbird - who?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    If you could make a THUNDERBOLTS book - what six characters would you have on your roster?
    1) Hawkeye - If we were to get an ongoing T-BOLTS project from Rosenberg now, I'd like to see him pick up from his HAWKEYE: FREEFALL miniseries last year and have Hawkeye leading a new T-Bolts group. FREEFALL ended with Clint alienated from a lot of his Avenger friends and having one foot back in the criminal world...so now would be a great time to build a T-Bolts team around him again.

2) Moonstone - classic T-Bolts member for the long time fans. She and Clint haven't had any meaningful interaction since she came out of the coma he was forced to put her in. The relationship dynamics between them would be interesting. Would they be drawn together romantically again, or is the old spark gone? Is she actually interested in trying to reform--or is she just there for some sort of payback against Clint?

3) Grizzly - He's made attempts to try and reform before--although ironically, during his first stint on the team he was one of the few who DIDN'T try and reform. He's a good T-Bolts candidate and he'd provide some muscle for the group.

4) Blizzard - Donnie was a good member from one of the former incarnations of the team who legitimately tried to reform but never ended up being a true success story like Songbird or Abe. I think he'd be willing to give it a shot again if the opportunity came along and I think Clint would recognize him as having the potential. There's potential there to explore new abilities since he went through Terrigenesis and became an Inhuman.

5) Nightshade - She has been trying to reform and she and Clint worked together in the short-lived OCCUPY AVENGERS series. She could fill Fixer's role place as the science and tech genius on the team, and including her adds another woman and a person of colour to the mix.

6) Sandman - he was the original Thunderbolt, in a way, as a long-time super villain who successfully managed to reform--until he got mind controlled back into bad guy land again. He'd fit well with this group of characters who have a foot on both sides of the line, plus he's got an interesting power set.

There are plenty of other characters I could suggest but the original question asked for six--and I think that's a good mix in terms of power diversity, personality dynamics and old and new members.

Incredible Member

If you could make a THUNDERBOLTS book - what six characters would you have on your roster?
    Just limiting it to 6 isn't easy but my roster would look something like this:

1) Hawkeye - As others have said, where Rosenberg has left Clint is intriguing following the end of HAWKEYE: FREEFALL and after alienating so many og his former friends now might be a good time for Clint to return to the T-Bolts.

2) Clash - I liked what Dan Slott did with him, his heart was never really into the villain routine and it would be interesting to see him reform.

3) Blizzard - I enjoyed his last stint and he has the desire to reform, it would be nice to see him given the chance again.

4) Star - I like how Rosenberg used her in the KIB mini, I don't think she would reform but could fake reforming if its in her interest.

5) Moonstone - I know some might argue that she is redundant with Star on the team but I do feel a meaningful Karla and Clint interaction is over-due.

6) Rhino - He's always portrayed himself as a tragic character rather then a dedicated villain, it would be interesting to see him have an attempt to reform

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    1) Hawkeye - If we were to get an ongoing T-BOLTS project from Rosenberg now, I'd like to see him pick up from his HAWKEYE: FREEFALL miniseries last year and have Hawkeye leading a new T-Bolts group. FREEFALL ended with Clint alienated from a lot of his Avenger friends and having one foot back in the criminal world...so now would be a great time to build a T-Bolts team around him again.

2) Moonstone - classic T-Bolts member for the long time fans. She and Clint haven't had any meaningful interaction since she came out of the coma he was forced to put her in. The relationship dynamics between them would be interesting. Would they be drawn together romantically again, or is the old spark gone? Is she actually interested in trying to reform--or is she just there for some sort of payback against Clint?

3) Grizzly - He's made attempts to try and reform before--although ironically, during his first stint on the team he was one of the few who DIDN'T try and reform. He's a good T-Bolts candidate and he'd provide some muscle for the group.

4) Blizzard - Donnie was a good member from one of the former incarnations of the team who legitimately tried to reform but never ended up being a true success story like Songbird or Abe. I think he'd be willing to give it a shot again if the opportunity came along and I think Clint would recognize him as having the potential. There's potential there to explore new abilities since he went through Terrigenesis and became an Inhuman.

5) Nightshade - She has been trying to reform and she and Clint worked together in the short-lived OCCUPY AVENGERS series. She could fill Fixer's role place as the science and tech genius on the team, and including her adds another woman and a person of colour to the mix.

6) Sandman - he was the original Thunderbolt, in a way, as a long-time super villain who successfully managed to reform--until he got mind controlled back into bad guy land again. He'd fit well with this group of characters who have a foot on both sides of the line, plus he's got an interesting power set.

There are plenty of other characters I could suggest but the original question asked for six--and I think that's a good mix in terms of power diversity, personality dynamics and old and new members.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Just limiting it to 6 isn't easy but my roster would look something like this:

1) Hawkeye - As others have said, where Rosenberg has left Clint is intriguing following the end of HAWKEYE: FREEFALL and after alienating so many og his former friends now might be a good time for Clint to return to the T-Bolts.

2) Clash - I liked what Dan Slott did with him, his heart was never really into the villain routine and it would be interesting to see him reform.

3) Blizzard - I enjoyed his last stint and he has the desire to reform, it would be nice to see him given the chance again.

4) Star - I like how Rosenberg used her in the KIB mini, I don't think she would reform but could fake reforming if its in her interest.

5) Moonstone - I know some might argue that she is redundant with Star on the team but I do feel a meaningful Karla and Clint interaction is over-due.

6) Rhino - He's always portrayed himself as a tragic character rather then a dedicated villain, it would be interesting to see him have an attempt to reform
    I like both of those. Not sure which one I'd prefer more, as I do like Nightshade, but Clash is one of the better characters that came out of Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man, so I'd like to see his story pick up again at some point, too. That said, Hawkeye/Moonstone interaction would definitely be fun to see --- and one of the major missed opportunities of Dark Reign, I thought.

Songbird
    Mach X
    Spiral
    Boomerang
    Lyja
    Thunderball

Melissa and Abe (the only two originals that stayed heroes for 20 years now) take a group of characters who are villains with the potential to become heroes or have tried to be heroes and failed. The new recruits get new identities but early on, at the end of the first issue or story, Abe and Melissa are replaced by Space Phantoms who want to use this new team for their own ends. Eventually the rest of the team catch on and work together to defeat them and return Abe and Melissa..

Songbird- Leader. Always thought she would be an Avenger by now
    Mach X- Abe has paid his dues and deserves more airplay
    Moonstone- She provides manipulation and tension that adds to the dynamics
    Beetle- Janice Lincoln. I can already see the tension between her, Abe and Karla
    Porcupine- Reformed by Spider-Woman now jilted and kicked out of her book
    Grizzly/Rhino- Muscle. Maxwell was hilarious in the pages of Ant-Man. Rhino is a tragic figure.

Honorable mention
    Goliath- If there was 8 I would have picked him
    Whirlwind- He’ll never reform but you can always try

That would be interesting, Abe trying to reform his successor! He was the previous Beetle before he joined the original Thunderbolts.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That would be interesting, Abe trying to reform his successor! He was the previous Beetle before he joined the original Thunderbolts.
    She’s a pistol too. I could see them in a romantic relationship with all kinds of fireworks. After Spencer leaves ASM I doubt Janice and Randy will be a couple after that. Especially the way these Marvel writers are trashing relationships these days.

I think Janice and Randy are pretty much done already actually. Randy isn't happy that she wants to continue being a villain, was hoping she'd reform like he thought Boomerang had.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think Janice and Randy are pretty much done already actually. Randy isn't happy that she wants to continue being a villain, was hoping she'd reform like he thought Boomerang had.
    Spencer should do a mini on her and the Syndicate. She’s an attorney so she can’t stray to far into the villainous side. She damn near got Scott Lang hung from the highest tree.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 05-15-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Didn't they admit they were going to move in together when they got rescued midway through King's Ransom?

Hawkeye
    Skein
    Lyja
    US Agent
    Solarr
    Songbird
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume