Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Who is the woman dressed in some lizard suit? New character?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why is this so good? Who wrote this?

> Matt Rosenberg

Oy vey.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Who is the woman dressed in some lizard suit? New character?
    Her name is Snakehead, the mohawk dude is Ampere. They're both new characters I assume Rosenberg made, alongside Incendiary, who already got offed in the preview here. Given they werent put on any of the covers, I'm not exactly optimistic they will live through it.

According to Rosenberg he submitted 20 villians to be in this lineup and these are the ones that were approved. Perhaps these two are low rent stand ins for some others he couldn't get.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 01-08-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    http://www.gamesradar.com/amp/king-i...lts-1-preview/

Preview out for KIB: Thunderbolts #1.

Got a feeling a few of these are sheer fodder and they're going full on Suicide Squad moreso than the Bolts have ever been in the past.

Also Kingpin owns the rights to the Thunderbolts name, guess that's a holdover from the lineup in Rosenberg's Punisher run.

And ugh, I hate they all had to remove their masks. That doesn't make much sense and Taskmaster without one is cursed.
    So that law banning masked vigilantes is now in force? So, that means the adult superheroes are Outlawed now and not just the kids? Why isn't that a plot point in Amazing Spider-Man? None of the spiders should be able to operate in New York with such a law in force.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So that law banning masked vigilantes is now in force? So, that means the adult superheroes are Outlawed now and not just the kids? Why isn't that a plot point in Amazing Spider-Man? None of the spiders should be able to operate in New York with such a law in force.
    I thought it was more for Kingpin's benefit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kingpin was ordered by Kindred not to touch Spidey, probably had something to do with that up to this point

Fantastic Member

Issue 1 of KiB was pretty decent. You would think Rosenberg would tread lightly after the Wolfsbane stuff and maybe not killing off the one black member of the group first and immediately is kinda not a good idea, but suppose it's not the end of the world or anything(but Knull does make it clear hes trying to make it the end of the world)

Newbies are insta-dead and Tasky and Batroc get upgrades, Rhino peaces out immediately. Cool to see Norman at Ravencroft and the Outlawed stuff being the reason the Bolts arent wearing masks. I can always respect a comic that is aware of the world events around it.

They lost me as soon as they killed the cool thicc snakelady. The only person of color on the team and she's the first to go? Please.

Astonishing Member

At least from Fisk's press conference it looks like this isn't just a minor tie-in and the Thunderbolts will somehow help swing the event around.

And I really like how the symbiote beings look here compared to any other comic I remember.

I haven’t read it yet, but I haven’t liked any version of the Thunderbolts except the original. Under Kurt and later Fabian, the point of the team was about redemption. What’s the point of using that team name if you’re not setting characters on a path of redemption? Some will succeed. Many will fail. It’s the journey that I love. If it wasn’t for that, we wouldn’t have awesome redeemed heroes out of Songbird and Mach X.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I haven’t read it yet, but I haven’t liked any version of the Thunderbolts except the original. Under Kurt and later Fabian, the point of the team was about redemption. What’s the point of using that team name if you’re not setting characters on a path of redemption? Some will succeed. Many will fail. It’s the journey that I love. If it wasn’t for that, we wouldn’t have awesome redeemed heroes out of Songbird and Mach X.
    Rosenberg is def leaning heavy into the Civil War/Ellis era here where the Thunderbolts were perverted into a 50/50 black ops/tv spot group where supervillains are doing a job against their will. I much prefer Jeff Parker era spin on this which is the spirit of the original into the mix.

I figured Snakehead and Ampere werent gonna make it since they were omitted from the covers, but a part of me was hoping they'd be kind of the spirt of Thunderbolt characters like Jolt and Troll who have their own arcs in the series. Oh well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    They lost me as soon as they killed the cool thicc snakelady. The only person of color on the team and she's the first to go? Please.
    Yeah, Rosenberg seems like a super nice dude but damn, why tf did he think this was a good idea unless he was trying to create controversy, especially after the blowback of the Wolfsbane ordeal?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Yeah, Rosenberg seems like a super nice dude but damn, why tf did he think this was a good idea unless he was trying to create controversy, especially after the blowback of the Wolfsbane ordeal?
    At least he called Knull evil Iggy Pop, my favorite description so far.

so do the new Thunderbolts only work for the mayor? Are they tasked to go beyond New York City? Are their identities made public at this point?

Anybody actually thinking about reforming?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so do the new Thunderbolts only work for the mayor? Are they tasked to go beyond New York City? Are their identities made public at this point?

Anybody actually thinking about reforming?
    Well, pretty much all of them have public identities by virtue of their criminal records.