Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed. I'll cop to liking the Thunderbolts' adaptation in Avengers Assemble Season 3 (retitled Avengers: Ultron Revolution). Thought it was a good way to incorporate them in a Marvel setting where the Avengers weren't (seemingly) killed off.
    Yeah, my only problem with the Thunderbolts in the cartoon was that they didn't expand much on the team beyond Melissa and Zemo, and they did the T-Bolts immediately after an episode of the team fighting the Masters of Evil so it was way too obvious what the twist with them was (especially since virtually none of them bothered to change their voices or sound that different aside from Jennifer Hale as Songbird to a certain extent).

Well, that and they didn't bring Steve Blum back for Beetle/Mach-V so it was just more inconsistencies with the Marvel cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    If you could make a THUNDERBOLTS book - what six characters would you have on your roster?
    Great idea! Here are the six characters I would choose...

Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)

Jocasta & Machine Man

Earth Force (Earth-Lord/Wind Warrior/Skyhawk)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-01-2021 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I think the only Thunderbolts run I wasn't so fond of was... Gods. Can't remember the writer. Red Hulk, Punisher, Deadpool etc. Just not a great run for me.
    This run also caused Parker's run to change their name from Thunderbolts to Dark Avengers, it is very much a stain in the publication history of Thunderbolts, which, unlike the wrestling series, consisted of A-list marvel characters which has in turn flooded most media when the name "Thunderbolts" is tossed around, despite that iteration having no barring on previous iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    If you could make a THUNDERBOLTS book - what six characters would you have on your roster?
    I’d use more then 6 but:

War Machine/James Rhodes

Quake/Daisy Johnson

Janice Lincoln/Beetle/Lady Beetle

Ava Starr/Ghost

Tom Foster/Goliath

James Lucas, Jr/Coldfire

Mister Hyde/Calvin Zabo

Tony Masters/Taskmaster

Karla Sofen/Moonstone

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Great idea! Here are the six characters I would choose...

Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)

Jocasta & Machine Man

Awesome idea. I'd love to see Earth Force especially.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Awesome idea. I'd love to see Earth Force especially.
    Ditto to that. I feel like they would have been a good team to show up against the New Warriors (similar to Forces of Nature).
    http://newwarriors.com/enemies/d-f/force-of-nature
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Fantastic Member

Team Leader: Jolt
    Always the little sister of the group, I'd like to see her get some proper attention leading her own iteration of the Thinderbolts, especially since she has been on Counter-Earth for some time and likely has gained experience. She wiped the floor with the Masters of Evil immediately upon returning in Zub's run, but sadly havent seen her since.

Kindred
    Thunderbolts have always been involved in some level of taking over a namesake of another character, I would love to see Infestation from the Hellfire Academy in the guise of Kindred, with a small retcon of her powers being demonic in nature and drawn from the same place Kindred's do.

Scream
    Andi has always been a bit directionless since Flash's death, I think her being on the Tbolts is the exact empowerment she needs to find her own footing.

Detroit Steel
    A mecha because why not? Doug Johnson was decapitated by Sasha Hammer back in IIM, but let's say his brain got shipped off to a place like Shadow Base and ended up piloting one of those robocop 2 brain-mechas we saw in Immortal Hulk. He'd also very much fill the self centered character of the lineup that has their own agenda.

Star
    I've really liked her so far in the KiB miniseries, and out of everyone shes the only one who comes close to what the Thunderbolts are. Would love to see her explored more in another lineup like this.

I'd also love a villainous corporate Thunderbolts as a foil to this group. Would be led by Moonstone, who is actually Justine Hammer impersonating Karla. A B-Plot involving Iron Monger, Sasha Hammer, and the Power Elite who have been on the hunt for Justine, Detroit Steel is wrapped into this, etc etc.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 03-02-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Team Leader: Jolt
    Always the little sister of the group, I'd like to see her get some proper attention leading her own iteration of the Thinderbolts, especially since she has been on Counter-Earth for some time and likely has gained experience. She wiped the floor with the Masters of Evil immediately upon returning in Zub's run, but sadly havent seen her since.

Kindred
    Thunderbolts have always been involved in some level of taking over a namesake of another character, I would love to see Infestation from the Hellfire Academy in the guise of Kindred, with a small retcon of her powers being demonic in nature and drawn from the same place Kindred's do.

Scream
    Andi has always been a bit directionless since Flash's death, I think her being on the Tbolts is the exact empowerment she needs to find her own footing.

Detroit Steel
    A mecha because why not? Doug Johnson was decapitated by Sasha Hammer back in IIM, but let's say his brain got shipped off to a place like Shadow Base and ended up piloting one of those robocop 2 brain-mechas we saw in Immortal Hulk. He'd also very much fill the self centered character of the lineup that has their own agenda.

Star
    I've really liked her so far in the KiB miniseries, and out of everyone shes the only one who comes close to what the Thunderbolts are. Would love to see her explored more in another lineup like this.

I'd also love a villainous corporate Thunderbolts as a foil to this group. Would be led by Moonstone, who is actually Justine Hammer impersonating Karla. A B-Plot involving Iron Monger, Sasha Hammer, and the Power Elite who have been on the hunt for Justine, Detroit Steel is wrapped into this, etc etc.
    I like that idea so far.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I was pleasantly surprised the casualties were kept to a minimum in King in Black.

Fantastic Member

I'm to assume that they finally finished crapping all over The Sentry?

Astonishing Member

It's worse than you think.

In part because Valkyries 4 isn't out yet and there's always lower to sink when it comes to Sentry nowadays.

Fantastic Member

I really hope they get a proper ongoing. Sentry's corpse being included in the group photo also cracks me up.

Taskmaster's face being fake was weird but I'll roll with it.

Honestly, using his corpse as a literal boimb when he's always been referred to as 'a bomb being dropped', was funny. It's also galling as a fan of the character.

His moment in Valkyries #3 where he's resisting the Celestial was nice.

And yes, Sentry's corpse in the photo made me laugh, even if it made me sigh too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Honestly, using his corpse as a literal boimb when he's always been referred to as 'a bomb being dropped', was funny. It's also galling as a fan of the character.

His moment in Valkyries #3 where he's resisting the Celestial was nice.

And yes, Sentry's corpse in the photo made me laugh, even if it made me sigh too.
    Massive, massive sigh. Shoulda left it as done after the original mini.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

[/center]
    I'd kind of like to see a fourth member for Earth Force. The current three represent Shu (sky) and Tefnut (rain), and Geb (earth), but not his wife Nuit (night sky). Adding a second woman (perhaps even an actual Egyptian woman, forced to deal with some 'mythological' power-source at odds with her own far more modern faith?), with flight and darkness control powers, could balance them out, and start to develop some more Egyptian-themed characters. Marvel has gone big with Norse and, to a lesser extent, Greek mythological figures, it would be cool to see some others get to play.

As for being Thunderbolts, sure, the title can be all about redemption, and the Earth Force were created by a villain as part of a plot, and are now seeking to make something good out of that.

Machine Man and Jocasta, fresh off a 'robot revolution' could use some rehabbing as well (Aaron far more than Jocasta!). And Pym, well, say no more.