Fantastic Member

Default Question about end of Absolute Carnage. Was Dylan Brock's codex removed?

So I just read Absolute Carnage... Eddie absorbs all the codices that were removed by the maker's machine... he gets back his symbiote from Carnage. Then Knull awakens. So Dylan still has his codex at this point?

Is Dylan Brock's codex ever removed? I know Knull is already awake, but I'd still think they'd want to remove this from him. Or is he stuck with it since it was part of him since he was a fetus?

EDIT:

Ok... reading some info online, it seems like Dylan IS the codex that his mother had. Not that he's a human who inherited a codex... so this would make the removal of the codex out of the question. Is that right?
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 01-03-2021 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    So I just read Absolute Carnage... Eddie absorbs all the codices that were removed by the maker's machine... he gets back his symbiote from Carnage. Then Knull awakens. So Dylan still has his codex at this point?

Is Dylan Brock's codex ever removed? I know Knull is already awake, but I'd still think they'd want to remove this from him. Or is he stuck with it since it was part of him since he was a fetus?

EDIT:

Ok... reading some info online, it seems like Dylan IS the codex that his mother had. Not that he's a human who inherited a codex... so this would make the removal of the codex out of the question. Is that right?
    Yes. Dylan IS Anne's Codex, quite literally. Venom tampered with the pregnancy and ended up causing Dylan. That's also why his future version is Codex.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Yes. Dylan IS Anne's Codex, quite literally. Venom tampered with the pregnancy and ended up causing Dylan. That's also why his future version is Codex.
    Thanks... But reading this part in wikipedia has me even more confused. Taken from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Weying

"Its later established that Anne was apparently already pregnant with Eddie's child when she last bonded with the Venom symbiote, with the codex that was left inside Anne by Venom (apparently) being absorbed by the fetus that would be Dylan."

So she was already pregnant before the symbiote interaction... and the fetus absorbed the codex? I'd think that would mean there is some difference between the fetus itself and the codex...