Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Rise Of The Valkyries #1 Preview

https://www.gamesradar.com/jane-fost...e-valkyries-1/

Looks like the dumping on the Sentry continues.

This sounds interesting.
    I have my own favorite Valkyrie, but seeing all these characters together will be fun!
    I’m not a Sentry fan, so I’ll just leave it at that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This sounds interesting.
    I have my own favorite Valkyrie, but seeing all these characters together will be fun!
    I’m not a Sentry fan, so I’ll just leave it at that.
    We're a rare breed, to be fair.

Who is your favourite Valkyrie?

I didn't know a Sentry fan exists tbh.

Valkyrie synergy! Although are we going to give this Valk an original name? They've never called the MCU version Brunnhilde.

Poor Bob .

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I didn't know a Sentry fan exists tbh.
    ^^^I've met a few Sentry fans.
    They’ve been...intense in their devotion.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Who is your favourite Valkyrie?
    ^^^Well, it’s really the cutest couple ever...:

Who’s yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Valkyrie synergy! Although are we going to give this Valk an original name? They've never called the MCU version Brunnhilde.

Poor Bob .
    imagine if she is called Tessa

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I've met a few Sentry fans.
    They’ve been...intense in their devotion.
    I only met one or two after he was killed by Knull to point out about the Void.

no one else pointed that out.

Fantastic Member

Can't speak for the rest of the Sentry fans, but I struggle with a lot of mental health problems similar to Bob's. I saw him as sort of an on-page proxy and hoped it'd turn out okay for him.
    Sadly he's either given the crazy/dangerous characterisation, which is frustrating, or just treated as an afterthought.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I only met one or two after he was killed by Knull to point out about the Void.

no one else pointed that out.
    I think many people missed or overlooked that detail because it doesn't really make a difference so far.

Knull was already unstoppable so absorbing the Void into himself is as overkill/adding insult to injury as Knullifying several superhero teams. But Knull has kept the Void eyes afterwards, so I'd think it's going to come up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I think many people missed or overlooked that detail because it doesn't really make a difference so far.

Knull was already unstoppable so absorbing the Void into himself is as overkill/adding insult to injury as Knullifying several superhero teams. But Knull has kept the Void eyes afterwards, so I'd think it's going to come up later.
    Good point.

Lets hope it come up later because there sure isn't any explanation how sentry is even dead at this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent james west View Post
    Lets hope it come up later because there sure isn't any explanation how sentry is even dead at this point.
    It's been handled poorly all around. Apparently, in the KiB series proper, Cates didn't even realise that Sentry had merged with Void, hence Bob appearing in his golden form. And editorial just didn't bother correcting it.

I'm just really disappointed with the handling of Sentry all-round, here. I had high hopes when he showed up in Dr. Strange back in 2018, but it all feels a bit pointless right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    It's been handled poorly all around. Apparently, in the KiB series proper, Cates didn't even realise that Sentry had merged with Void, hence Bob appearing in his golden form. And editorial just didn't bother correcting it.

I'm just really disappointed with the handling of Sentry all-round, here. I had high hopes when he showed up in Dr. Strange back in 2018, but it all feels a bit pointless right now.
    It's the artist who is on record here (at the 41:28 mark) about how he wasn't aware of the merging, but because he doesn't draw in a vacuum he extends it to Cates and editors.

While Stegman seems to think Cates could cook up an explanation, depending on how much of the event was already lined up to go from issue 1 it might be too late to course correct or address this on the page, which would be a pity/missed opportunity since this event will probably become Bob's highest profile appearance since the Avengers days.

And while I didn't have high hopes for Aaron using him (he never seemed interested in Sentry before, which could have been a blessing in disguise since detractors call him Bendis 2.0) I'm curious about what Rosenberg will do with him in Thunderbolts. Unlike others Rosenberg couldn't have slept through the last bunch of comics Sentry was in, since he wrote the very last one and Sentry was already merged there. Maybe he'll go full YOLOfixer on this or just shrugh and fall in line. And hopefully Cates can still deliver on the remaining main issues.

Getting back to the Valkyrie(s), I am glad to see this book. I am glad they are unifying and extending the history. If done correctly, this could be great.

Brunhilde, Hildegarde, Dani Moonstone and the new original Valkyrie, along with Jane Foster Valkyrie!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Getting back to the Valkyrie(s), I am glad to see this book. I am glad they are unifying and extending the history. If done correctly, this could be great.

Brunhilde, Hildegarde, Dani Moonstone and the new original Valkyrie, along with Jane Foster Valkyrie!
    There is Jane thread if you guys/girls want to talk more about her
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2021