Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I was a bit disappointed about not getting at least a peek of Dani yet, but it's a 4 issue series after all.

Whether it happens or not I like the last issue cover with a Valkyrie wielding the Necrosword, I think only Venom has been shown doing the same.

I havent been able to get the issue yet.. How exactly did knull get sentry soul? From what I've seen it doesn't even make any sense there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent james west View Post
    I havent been able to get the issue yet.. How exactly did knull get sentry soul? From what I've seen it doesn't even make any sense there either.
    it has something to do with that Celestial head or something.

so does Sentry have Norse ancestry? Why is he going to Valhalla?
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

I just hope that there is a pay off to this, as I have been very disappointed with the writing of Sentry thus far.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I was trying to figure out that myself. I hope they're not trying to say what I think they're trying to say. It's bad enough they co-opted the whole Heaven thing by introducing Hevn as one of the Asgardian realms.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I was trying to figure out that myself. I hope they're not trying to say what I think they're trying to say. It's bad enough they co-opted the whole Heaven thing by introducing Hevn as one of the Asgardian realms.
    You two are not alone. I also was wondering what Marvel is up to with the Sentry. Both he and the Valkyries have not been too prominent of late and what could be their connection?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

probably because Jane is not a Norse herself and she is the only one left so she will pick everyone she finds nearby who died honorably.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I was a bit disappointed about not getting at least a peek of Dani yet, but it's a 4 issue series after all.
    Ugh I bet she's just gonna appeared in a splash panel with all past Valkyries coming to the rescue/resurrected etc. on the last page of issue 4
    GrindrStone(D)

Marvel Comic's attempt to drag Jane Foster to 2022 (To try to cash in on that Blood And Thunder hype) begins!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Still makes no sense how a celestial, dead or not, is near Valhalla or whatever. Lol I'm sorry....the story itself(king in black) is pretty good but the sentry stuff is literally some of the dumbest, laziest, inconsistent writing I've seen in a long while.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Still makes no sense how a celestial, dead or not, is near Valhalla or whatever. Lol I'm sorry....the story itself(king in black) is pretty good but the sentry stuff is literally some of the dumbest, laziest, inconsistent writing I've seen in a long while.
    I'm starting to think that is to be expected from Marvel these days. I read three different series last year and all of them seemed to have characterization, continuity or logical element lapses. And they don't even try to explain it. I guess they're hoping that you love the other stuff so much that the glaring plot holes and other flaws won't keep you from plopping down your credit card for the next installment as long as a character that you like appears in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm starting to think that is to be expected from Marvel these days. I read three different series last year and all of them seemed to have characterization, continuity or logical element lapses. And they don't even try to explain it. I guess they're hoping that you love the other stuff so much that the glaring plot holes and other flaws won't keep you from plopping down your credit card for the next installment as long as a character that you like appears in the book.
    For me I come back for sentry related stuff.. Not to see the awesome stuff they could do but instead how they screw it up without explaining anything yet again. Only been disappointed once with this character and that was in his last mini series where he merged. (And by disappointed I mean I thought they were going somewhere with it and it was awesome and I didn't get any screw ups)... Then this.

I also come back for what if stories as they usually have good stories.

Fantastic Member

For me I come back for sentry related stuff.. Not to see the awesome stuff they could do but instead how they screw it up without explaining anything yet again. Only been disappointed once with this character and that was in his last mini series where he merged. (And by disappointed I mean I thought they were going somewhere with it and it was awesome and I didn't get any screw ups)... Then this.

I also come back for what if stories as they usually have good stories.
    Hear this. I am sincerely beginning to wish that Sentry was one and done with the original Jenkins series.

Also. My apologies all. I just realised that the title of this thread/comic is incorrect. That's on me.

I remember when Hercules and Cho went to the underworld they seemed to pass through other after lives. They ran into WASP (jan who as it turned out was not dead but in the microverse oops). It gave the impression they were all connected at some level. Although not sure how much choice you get on where you go or if most can travel from one to another.

yes I know this is a stretch.