Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Vision Appreciation 2021

The Android Avenger, Vision is gonna have a big year with Wandavision looming and who knows what Marvel has in store with him once the books stabilize.

Incredible Member

I'm really hoping something happens with him this year. A second Avengers book with some classic members would be great to see. And please get rid of the Vision's current gaudy eyesore of a costume!

Happy New Year to Vision .

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I'm really hoping something happens with him this year. A second Avengers book with some classic members would be great to see. And please get rid of the Vision's current gaudy eyesore of a costume!
    I agree, I agree and I agree.

Give me classic Vision costume.

Extraordinary Member

Vision is one of my all-time favorite characters.

Outside his original/classic look, which Vision look is your favorite? Mine is his 90s look he got from the evil alternate Vision.
    1990s-Vision-475x480.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Outside his original/classic look, which Vision look is your favorite? Mine is his 90s look he got from the evil alternate Vision.
    1990s-Vision-475x480.jpg
    I like Viz's modern design, although the yellow looks really good here .

Incredible Member

1990s-Vision-475x480.jpg
    I actually like this one even more than his original.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Viz's modern design, although the yellow looks really good here .
    Sorry, I just find his modern look waaay to busy. All kinds of lines and colors everywhere. I'd prefer a return to a more streamlined, simple design, but to each his own.

Would Vision fans like for him to get back with Wanda? On the Wanda thread I get the impression most are over it. But I'd like to see it. They never really got a second chance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Would Vision fans like for him to get back with Wanda? On the Wanda thread I get the impression most are over it. But I'd like to see it. They never really got a second chance.
    I'd be fine with it. They were probably at their most popular in the late '70s after they got married. There are plenty of stories left to tell about them together.

They didn't get boring as a couple until their second limited series, where Vision couldn't stop talking about how he was "more human." It wrecked the appeal of their marriage, which is that Vision seemed cold and emotionless on the outside but Wanda knew he was a warm, loving man on the inside.

Even the 1998 run that had Wanda with Wonder Man, it was clear that Wanda and Vision still had feelings for each other and Simon was just a device to keep them apart. On the other hand, Remender's Uncanny Avengers run acted like Simon was actually Wanda's true love, and it didn't work at all.

Marvel clearly has a problem with them being together again, seeing that they wouldn't even do it (or use either character at all) for their big MCU series together, but they're harder to use apart than together.

Wanda's solo series just about got by with her as a magic detective, but Vision's solo series is so totally tied to his life with Wanda; it's about him constructing a robot version of his old life with Wanda. I think he'd have more stories to tell with her than without.

1990s-Vision-475x480.jpg
    I love this look and it's probably my favourite.

1990s-Vision-475x480.jpg
    This is much better than the pale ochre look they gave him but I still like the original the best.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!