Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This somewhat horrifies me...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The childhood Vision pictures were just genius and hilarious. WandaVision is really the gift that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The childhood Vision pictures were just genius and hilarious. WandaVision is really the gift that keeps on giving.
    I'm just disappointed they didn't throw in an Ultron cameo .

Curious - what everyone's view was on what Byrne did to Vision in West Coast Avengers back in the day? Wiped his slate clean/removed emotion/made him a colorless version of himself?

I despised it because it simply took away everything that made Vision unique - from his personality - even down to his appearance.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I thought it was a gratuitously cruel thing to do. I’m curious if there is anybody who actually liked white vision.

Ultimate Member

Spoilers

Has everyone watched the finale?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Curious - what everyone's view was on what Byrne did to Vision in West Coast Avengers back in the day? Wiped his slate clean/removed emotion/made him a colorless version of himself?

I despised it because it simply took away everything that made Vision unique - from his personality - even down to his appearance.
    I hated it. IMO, Byrne really wrecked the Avengers. For a good long time, I hated Simon. I went full X-Men within two years of Byrne's departure from the Avengers. It was not until Onslaught that I started following the Avengers again.

White Vision walking around in a speedo, cape, and barefooted with zero emotions was just dumb. Having emotions, but repressed, was part if his origin.

Now that I think about it, could Byrne have been influenced by the visual of Doctor Manhattan?

Hated everything about it. And it took so long for Vision.

It would almost seem that there was mad hate for Vision and Wanda considering all that was done to them.

Incredible Member

I hated it. The Vision was one of the mainstays of the Avengers and his romance with the Scarlet Witch was one of the biggest things but because Byrne hated the Vision, he took everything away from him that made him unique, said it was stupid to ever treat him as a person and set the path for later writers to kick both him and Wanda out of the books and lower their standings. All because he hated the Vision. I don't think anyone liked it outside of Bendis that is.

Ultimate Member

How does everyone feel about his resolution in the show, for those who have seen it? I'm trying not to post spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How does everyone feel about his resolution in the show, for those who have seen it? I'm trying not to post spoilers

Yeah - that's what made me think of what Byrne did.

I figure there's a WandaVision thread where they might be talking about this.

But the whole White Vision thing in the comics was a drastic measure that seemed to serve no purpose other than what Marvell2100 said - about some kind of hatred for Wanda and Vision.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Incredible Member

Yeah - that's what made me think of what Byrne did.

I figure there's a WandaVision thread where they might be talking about this.

But the whole White Vision thing in the comics was a drastic measure that seemed to serve no purpose other than what Marvell2100 said - about some kind of hatred for Wanda and Vision.
    Byrne admitted that exactly why he did it. He hated that the Avengers treated him as a person rather than a toaster and his run was about correcting that. There was a twitter thread about it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Byrne admitted that exactly why he did it. He hated that the Avengers treated him as a person rather than a toaster and his run was about correcting that. There was a twitter thread about it.
    But isn't he a synthezoid, not a robot?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But isn't he a synthezoid, not a robot?
    Here's a whole twitter thread about it:
    https://twitter.com/metasynthie/stat...51987684282368

But Byrne has been quoted as saying that he doesn't view the Vision as a human but instead as a toaster.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Here's a whole twitter thread about it:
    https://twitter.com/metasynthie/stat...51987684282368

But Byrne has been quoted as saying that he doesn't view the Vision as a human but instead as a toaster.
    I see. I'm sometimes confused about what Vision is, but he's clearly alive.

The romance between him and SW doesn't really make sense, but I guess it works.