Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see. I'm sometimes confused about what Vision is, but he's clearly alive.

The romance between him and SW doesn't really make sense, but I guess it works.
    The romance was fine. Vision didn't see himself as a human but his friends did and overtime, he learns to accept other people love and care for him and see himself as the equal of being a human. It's just that Byrne hated the character and wanted everyone to know that he wasn't real and only got on the book to destroy the character because Byrne is like that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    The romance was fine. Vision didn't see himself as a human but his friends did and overtime, he learns to accept other people love and care for him and see himself as the equal of being a human. It's just that Byrne hated the character and wanted everyone to know that he wasn't real and only got on the book to destroy the character because Byrne is like that.
    Ok. How do you feel about Vision's more recent developments? From what I know he and Scarlet Witch didn't get back together.

Incredible Member

Ok. How do you feel about Vision's more recent developments? From what I know he and Scarlet Witch didn't get back together.
    I mean, Vision has barely been in any comics since. As others have said, it really does seem like someone at Marvel hate him. Jan, Hank, Vision, Wanda, Pietro are all old school Avengers characters who are now without a book or home. We'll see how the Vision fares in the coming years but it really does seem like Byrne's and perhaps Bendis viewpoint won out.

Ultimate Member

I mean, Vision has barely been in any comics since. As others have said, it really does seem like someone at Marvel hate him. Jan, Hank, Vision, Wanda, Pietro are all old school Avengers characters who are now without a book or home. We'll see how the Vision fares in the coming years but it really does seem like Byrne's and perhaps Bendis viewpoint won out.
    That's disappointing.

It's tragic and a shame, because they've become so popular in the mcu. The characters work. People love them. Not sure what Marvel's problem is.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's tragic and a shame, because they've become so popular in the mcu. The characters work. People love them. Not sure what Marvel's problem is.
    Which writers like them?

Which writers like them?
    PAD liked Pietro, Englehart loved Wanda and Vision. Zub loves Wanda now and a lot of the classic Avengers really. I think Ewing is really into the classic characters as well.

It's sadly not their choice to put them in comics. That is up to the editors and the higher ups at Marvel.

Ultimate Member

PAD liked Pietro, Englehart loved Wanda and Vision. Zub loves Wanda now and a lot of the classic Avengers really. I think Ewing is really into the classic characters as well.

It's sadly not their choice to put them in comics. That is up to the editors and the higher ups at Marvel.
    That's true. Do you know if any of the editors have any problems with those characters?

That's true. Do you know if any of the editors have any problems with those characters?
    One that is no longer there definitely had a problem with Wanda. Jeanine Schaeffer. But she left right before Wanda got her solo. I don't know the positions of the others. CB Cebulski is new as senior editor and the others haven't come out into the open to say what they think of the classic Avengers.

Ultimate Member

One that is no longer there definitely had a problem with Wanda. Jeanine Schaeffer. But she left right before Wanda got her solo. I don't know the positions of the others. CB Cebulski is new as senior editor and the others haven't come out into the open to say what they think of the classic Avengers.
    I wonder what causes so much antipathy? I mean, there are characters I don't like either, so I don't want to judge the creators too harshly, but sometimes these agendas seem to hurt the fans in the end.

I wonder what causes so much antipathy? I mean, there are characters I don't like either, so I don't want to judge the creators too harshly, but sometimes these agendas seem to hurt the fans in the end.
    I could not begin to tell you what politics exist within the bullpen at Marvel. I wish I could crack the code myself. Because it's very curious that they haven't banked off the newfound popularity of some characters but have with others.

Ultimate Member

I could not begin to tell you what politics exist within the bullpen at Marvel. I wish I could crack the code myself. Because it's very curious that they haven't banked off the newfound popularity of some characters but have with others.
    Exactly. Maybe synergy isn't as important, but these are good characters who could use more material. Didn't vision have an acclaimed mini-series just a few years ago?

Exactly. Maybe synergy isn't as important, but these are good characters who could use more material. Didn't vision have an acclaimed mini-series just a few years ago?
    Yes, the Tom King run. Which was amazing and is a recommended read. There are quite a few references to it in WandaVision.

Ultimate Member

Yes, the Tom King run. Which was amazing and is a recommended read. There are quite a few references to it in WandaVision.
    Yeah, I heard it influenced the show. I like him a lot as a character, so I should check it out.

Extraordinary Member

I have no proof, but I felt Byrne had similar feelings in regards to Ben Grimm & Alicia Masters. Having Johnny Storm & Alicia hook up was sickening to me, as a kid. Like Simon & Vision, Ben & Johnny were basically brothers. Plus, Alicia originally could pass as Sue with a blonde wig, so that made Johnny a creep times two.

Byrne wrecked two long-standing romances where the heart & soul transcended the physical to create boring new relationships based on betrayal & superficial surfaces.

To this day, I find it horrible that Byrne, with the talent he had, would destroy decades of development, but offer nothing new in return.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-07-2021 at 10:55 PM.