Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Simple but incredibly effective chapter. Ochaco continues her pleading to the crowd, through her belief that in times of hardship for heroes, it is the civilians that are the ones to help them. Everyone just being in awe of her speech. That little glimpse recalling Toga's face, which I see as being a reminder for her of what it means to be able to "smile together." And then ending it all off with Izuku finally breaking down on his knees over all her words, just like Ch. 1, Kota and the Fox girl running to embrace him, the "hero academy" name drop, and changing from "I will be greatest hero" to "we will be greatest heroes". (Also looks like Aizawa was just still in bed and is getting up now finally)
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Simple but incredibly effective chapter. Ochaco continues her pleading to the crowd, through her belief that in times of hardship for heroes, it is the civilians that are the ones to help them. Everyone just being in awe of her speech. That little glimpse recalling Toga's face, which I see as being a reminder for her of what it means to be able to "smile together." And then ending it all off with Izuku finally breaking down on his knees over all her words, just like Ch. 1, Kota and the Fox girl running to embrace him, the "hero academy" name drop, and changing from "I will be greatest hero" to "we will be greatest heroes". (Also looks like Aizawa was just still in bed and is getting up now finally)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A great chapter, Ochaco really hits her points home and loads of nice call backs. Hopefully Deku will be allowed back in.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Really good chapter with lots of great details. In addition to Izuku dropping to his knees the dude that encouraged him at the beginning of the first chapter also has a cameo which is neat.

I love how Bakugo and Ochako's speeches compliment each other, with Bakugo's helping Deku realize that the attitude he's had in his head is just going to destroy him and Ochako's helping him realize that he really belongs with them and that it's ok to get help even when you're a hero. The return of crying Deku is a great signifier of a healthier attitude in his mindset as the people he's helped rush to care for him. As cool as Dark Deku is, it's the crybaby with his heart on his sleeve that we fell in love with.

So they've saved Deku from himself and started the process of changing people's attitude towards heroes to something healthier than idol worship. Now they can rest and start thinking about how to defeat the villains while still helping them.

I wonder if the "we will be the greatest heroes" bit was always planned or something Horikoshi added on as the story went on. And I've realised that after he's rested Deku will probably need an upgraded hero costume, that's something to look forward to.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    A great chapter, Ochaco really hits her points home and loads of nice call backs. Hopefully Deku will be allowed back in, and I'm pretty sure that's not what Horikoshi is going for here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It would be a massive downer if after that impassionate speech the crowd still didn't allow Deku to get the rest and relaxation he deserves.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Really good chapter with lots of great details. In addition to Izuku dropping to his knees the dude that encouraged him at the beginning of the first chapter also has a cameo which is neat.

I love how Bakugo and Ochako's speeches compliment each other, with Bakugo's helping Deku realize that the attitude he's had in his head is just going to destroy him and Ochako's helping him realize that he really belongs with them and that it's ok to get help even when you're a hero. The return of crying Deku is a great signifier of a healthier attitude in his mindset as the people he's helped rush to care for him. As cool as Dark Deku is, it's the crybaby with his heart on his sleeve that we fell in love with.

So they've saved Deku from himself and started the process of changing people's attitude towards heroes to something healthier than idol worship. Now they can rest and start thinking about how to defeat the villains while still helping them.

I wonder if the "we will be the greatest heroes" bit was always planned or something Horikoshi added on as the story went on. And I've realised that after he's rested Deku will probably need an upgraded hero costume, that's something to look forward to.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It would be a massive downer if after that impassionate speech the crowd still didn't allow Deku to get the rest and relaxation he deserves.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It would suck if he still wasn't allowed back in, but as Deku said himself live isn't fair. Though I really hope he does get a chance to relax, maybe spend some time with Eri.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    It would suck if he still wasn't allowed back in, but as Deku said himself live isn't fair. Though I really hope he does get a chance to relax, maybe spend some time with Eri.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Pretty sure that pertained to some people being born with greater natural gifts despite being giant assholes rather than the current situation. If something is going to go wrong here I'm thinking that it'll be a sudden attack rather thant he crowd not having a change of heart.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It will be very interesting to see how they deal with the villains from here, because at this point there aren't really many out there that would be a "threat" to fight, so I could see the encounters becoming much more creative. Overhaul will probably get his moment with Eri and his Boss before leaving. Gentle & La Brava will get their redemption moment. We'll learn if something happened between Stain and All Might. I'm imagining Toga will surrender in an encounter with Izuku and Ochaco. Outside of introducing new villains, I could see fights with the remaining Near High-Ends, Skeptic's puppets, and of course Shigaraki, AFO, and Dabi. I'm also heavily predicting we're gonna see Hawks' father again, since there's still alot we don't know about him so that might come back into play.

It will be great if, after how dark and depressing everything has been for the characters, to have Mei show up, and still be as hyper-genetic and optimistic as she usually is, to not only help cheer everyone up, but also to give him Deku's "final" costume.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Pretty sure that pertained to some people being born with greater natural gifts despite being giant assholes rather than the current situation. If something is going to go wrong here I'm thinking that it'll be a sudden attack rather thant he crowd not having a change of heart.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well given the callbacks to the earlier chapters, you never know...

I don't see another villain attack happening just yet, it would make a mockery of the schools security.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It will be very interesting to see how they deal with the villains from here, because at this point there aren't really many out there that would be a "threat" to fight, so I could see the encounters becoming much more creative. Overhaul will probably get his moment with Eri and his Boss before leaving. Gentle & La Brava will get their redemption moment. We'll learn if something happened between Stain and All Might. I'm imagining Toga will surrender in an encounter with Izuku and Ochaco. Outside of introducing new villains, I could see fights with the remaining Near High-Ends, Skeptic's puppets, and of course Shigaraki, AFO, and Dabi. I'm also heavily predicting we're gonna see Hawks' father again, since there's still alot we don't know about him so that might come back into play.

It will be great if, after how dark and depressing everything has been for the characters, to have Mei show up, and still be as hyper-genetic and optimistic as she usually is, to not only help cheer everyone up, but also to give him Deku's "final" costume.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Spinner is still out there too, probably being really sad with how things turned out for his found family. I wouldn't be surprised if AFO has at least a few elite henchmen hidden out there ready to back him and/or Shigaraki up. Hell, we're not sure if Izuku captured all of the escapees that were sent after him so they might still play a role. The traitor subplot still needs to be resolved and I wonder if those international heroes mentioned earlier will play a part.

I kinda wonder if this type of situation isn't something Mei would thrive in, just uping her game and inventing babies to solve as many complaints from the civilians as possible (with hopefully as few explosions as possible).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Spinner is still out there too, probably being really sad with how things turned out for his found family. I wouldn't be surprised if AFO has at least a few elite henchmen hidden out there ready to back him and/or Shigaraki up. Hell, we're not sure if Izuku captured all of the escapees that were sent after him so they might still play a role. The traitor subplot still needs to be resolved and I wonder if those international heroes mentioned earlier will play a part.

I kinda wonder if this type of situation isn't something Mei would thrive in, just uping her game and inventing babies to solve as many complaints from the civilians as possible (with hopefully as few explosions as possible).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Spinner's out there, but let's be honest, he's gonna be in no way a match in a fight against really any of our characters. He'd be at best in some kind of support role, whether that's still for the League or if he does in fact heel turn. With how powerful Deku is now, especially now that he has his friends backing him up, it's hard to think of how many fights could be challenges unless they introduce some new villains. It's also why I'm hoping we see Takami back, since he's supposedly dangerous (they even added a scene recently in the anime of Endeavor arresting him which was a really cool touch) but don't know what he's actually capable of.

Also just makes me think that hopefully we get to see more things like Mei or someone piloting a giant mech, or just like what happened in the Final Exam, Nezu just completely decimating a group in a maze.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I would be down for more Mei
    end of spoilers

Just in time for the English release of School Briefs Vol. 5 next month, they've just announced that there will also be the release of School Briefs Vol. 6 in Japan at this time! This one takes place in the Spring before the War arc, with chapters focusing on Setsubun, Spring Break, and I think what most will be excited for, Valentine's Day!

Just in time for the English release of School Briefs Vol. 5 next month, they've just announced that there will also be the release of School Briefs Vol. 6 in Japan at this time! This one takes place in the Spring before the War arc, with chapters focusing on Setsubun, Spring Break, and I think what most will be excited for, Valentine's Day!
    Plenty of shipping ahead

Going through the recent dub episodes and a couple cool VAs I noticed, alongside the great Ben Diskin as Skeptic, Re-Destro is the legendary Sonny Strait (Krillin, Usopp, the OG voice of Present Mic, etc), Adam McArthur (Marco from Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil) is Trumpet, and one I'm really excited about, Robbie Daymond (Akechi from Persona 5 + many others) is Flect Turn. He always gives a great performance, and his brief appearance in the Ryukyu episode sounds very different than usual so excited to hear him in the full movie. I always had in my head that Daymond would be a perfect Number 6 in a Vigilantes anime, but if that's not happening this is a good way to bring them in (I just want them to eventually get through most of the P5 cast lol)

spoilers:
    After Kota and the fox girl embrace Izuku, the star-head guy from Chapter 1 speaks to the crowd how all this time they've been the just the "spectators" and they need to be more than that now to help and support the heroes, as the crowd agrees to Izuku's entry. At the same time, Nezu communicates with Aizawa, still in Central Hospital, missing an eye and having a robo-leg, and revealing that Kurogiri has also been there the entire time, trying to once again wake him/Oboro up.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Just some more really sweet stuff as the civilians finally accept Izuku to stay. Hoping Horikoshi gives us a name for the girl soon, only so long we can only call her "tall fox waifu". That dude from Ch. 1 gets to be the MVP with his speech as it looks like people will start to realize they need to be more active in their society beyond only letting the heroes handle all the burden.

Also we get a pretty big answer to the question of "Why wasn't Kurogiri also broken out of Tartarus?" being "He was never there!" The fact that they're doing experiments to not just Kurogiri, but also the other Nomu they had locked up makes me wonder if that will payoff in any way, or if it will just be exclusive to Shirakumo returning.

And now that Izuku's finally getting his rest, looks like we'll be getting next arc very soon. I have no idea what exactly they'll be doing next, but I'm hoping we get a check-in on Shigaraki and the League just to see what exactly AFO is making them do.
    end of spoilers

I'm not going to lie, the last two issues had me a blubbering mess. This and Black clover got that early naruto glow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/