Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    We finally get our POV switch to the villains. I'm really liking how Spinner's position has become, turning from just a nobody Stain cosplayer, to now being the (technical) bodyguard to the "Demon Lord", and even becoming the face of the PLF, as a "New Stain." Will be very interesting to see what happens with him once we see him become a more active player, especially since he can't really fight unlike everyone else.

It's definitely really exciting to find out what Star and Stripe's Quirk is, if its something even AFO considers a threat, but I am greatly worried if this is just gonna end up with her being fodder so AFO can get EVEN MORE power, that'd seem like a waste. However, if this is Shigaraki in control right now, and he has some scheme to get back at AFO and the Quirk will help him with that, that I'll be okay with.

It's hard to tell exactly, Shigaraki's eyes being faded is the clue if AFO is in control, but if I had to make a guess, I think Shigaraki is in control, but kind of like the OFA vestiges, the AFO vestige is still active and essentially "backseat gaming" Shigaraki's body, so he's forced to just deal with him. The chapter is definitely aware of the conclusion considering the "What exactly am I?" question he asks. If this is the real Shiggy, I'm excited to see him cause more trouble again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do like that Spinner himself is clearly not entirely happy with the situation, but probably still sticks around out of loyalty to Shigaraki and the rest of the League, and he's also in too deep to go anywhere else. But he's still able to talk back even a little against AFO. I really hope he can save his friends from AFO at some point. He can actually fight decently (he held his own against one of the pussy cats after all), but yeah compared to Dabi's fire, Toga's speed and stealth, and Shigaraki's everything he just isn't on that same level. I also hope that the anime can include more of his backstory that they removed this season since it's becoming more and more apparent that he has an important role to play and it's a fairly important piece of his puzzle.

I do like that AFO's plans go beyond the current situation as that's a pretty solid indicator that we're still a way off from the endgame of the series.

It's clearly set up that Star will lose here to further AFO's plan and I'm hoping that's intentional so that it's subverted afterwards. On the other hand I would like to see All For One used on someone significant at least once before the series is over. Then again, Star is significant in the world rather than emtionally significant to the readers.

I do agree that this is probably Shigaraki with some caveats. Like he's not all there due to just being drained mentally and AFO is nudging him along and is ready to take over if need be.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I do like that Spinner himself is clearly not entirely happy with the situation, but probably still sticks around out of loyalty to Shigaraki and the rest of the League, and he's also in too deep to go anywhere else. But he's still able to talk back even a little against AFO. I really hope he can save his friends from AFO at some point. He can actually fight decently (he held his own against one of the pussy cats after all), but yeah compared to Dabi's fire, Toga's speed and stealth, and Shigaraki's everything he just isn't on that same level. I also hope that the anime can include more of his backstory that they removed this season since it's becoming more and more apparent that he has an important role to play and it's a fairly important piece of his puzzle.

I do like that AFO's plans go beyond the current situation as that's a pretty solid indicator that we're still a way off from the endgame of the series.

It's clearly set up that Star will lose here to further AFO's plan and I'm hoping that's intentional so that it's subverted afterwards. On the other hand I would like to see All For One used on someone significant at least once before the series is over. Then again, Star is significant in the world rather than emtionally significant to the readers.

I do agree that this is probably Shigaraki with some caveats. Like he's not all there due to just being drained mentally and AFO is nudging him along and is ready to take over if need be.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It would be incredibly hilarious if after the anime cut the Creation Rejection Clan, Horikoshi made them relevant again out of spite. It will be very interesting to see how the "racism" element comes into play, and how they'll deal with it beyond the usual punching, and putting Spinner at the centre is the perfect thing for him. It also makes the most sense why AFO would be so close to Spinner since he's easily the easiest one to manipulate, with Shigaraki actively fighting him, and Dabi and Skeptic only caring about their own agendas.

I do agree that someone probably does need to have their Quirk stolen at some point by the end, though I think that's mostly to see how they adjust to being Quirkless, rather than just for AFO getting even more power. We did already have losing a Quirk be subverted already with Aizawa and the Quirk-Erasing bullets, so we might get something like that again. At least I do hope it's not as simple of "Shigaraki steals power and leaves".

Something I also found really funny after I saw someone mention it: Shigaraki could technically fly on his own if he wanted, he just chose to fly on the Nomu cause it looked cooler.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It would be incredibly hilarious if after the anime cut the Creation Rejection Clan, Horikoshi made them relevant again out of spite. It will be very interesting to see how the "racism" element comes into play, and how they'll deal with it beyond the usual punching, and putting Spinner at the centre is the perfect thing for him. It also makes the most sense why AFO would be so close to Spinner since he's easily the easiest one to manipulate, with Shigaraki actively fighting him, and Dabi and Skeptic only caring about their own agendas.

I do agree that someone probably does need to have their Quirk stolen at some point by the end, though I think that's mostly to see how they adjust to being Quirkless, rather than just for AFO getting even more power. We did already have losing a Quirk be subverted already with Aizawa and the Quirk-Erasing bullets, so we might get something like that again. At least I do hope it's not as simple of "Shigaraki steals power and leaves".

Something I also found really funny after I saw someone mention it: Shigaraki could technically fly on his own if he wanted, he just chose to fly on the Nomu cause it looked cooler.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Spinner is in way over his head, has been for a while now, and would be the easiest one to manipulate which is good since he's such a valuble pawn right now. That said, I now hope that Spinner betrays AFO at some point to safe Shigaraki and that it completely blindsides AFO. There would be something really satisfying about that.

It'll be interesting to see how this confrontation goes down. It could very well be that Endeavor shows up and gets his power stolen as he protects Star. Being able to toss fire around everywhere is probably easier to control that Best Jeanist and Hawks' quirks so it might be right up the alley AFO has planned for Shigaraki. And it would be interesting to see how Endeavor deals with his family drama without being able to fight against Dabi.

Unless AFO and the doctor gave Shigaraki a flight quirk his only methods for staying airborn would be to propel himself around by either swinging his arms or using one of his blasting powers for propulsion. Either way he wouldn't be able to just stay in one place properly. So yes, standing on a Nomu is certainly because it looks cooler and more intimidating.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I have bought tickets for me and some friends to see World Heroes Mission.

We'll see it on the 31 of October, bit too busy the previous days. So I'll see it and then read the new chapter. It'll be fun.

I have bought tickets for me and some friends to see World Heroes Mission.

We'll see it on the 31 of October, bit too busy the previous days. So I'll see it and then read the new chapter. It'll be fun.
    Awesome! Don't know exactly which day I'll be seeing it yet, but will definitely be that weekend. I'm also probably gonna end up watching it twice so I can see sub and dub.

Also, apparently they're going to be giving away English versions of the Volume World Heroes book in theatres, though I have no idea if this will include Canada or not. Just says not in Australia or New Zealand.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rgoers/.178060

Sadly it looks none of my local cinemas will be showing World Heroes Mission, so far only some random cinemas are getting it.

spoilers:
    Star and Stripe fights "Tomura", who since waking up has become something of a fusion between All For One and Shigaraki. Star and Stripe's Quirk is revealed to be "New Order", allowing her to declare a new rule for whatever she touches and names. After seemingly getting him trapped, Shigaraki continues to try and resist All For One in the vestige world, as his vast hatred has allowed the procedure to be nearly 98% collection, as "Tomura" suddenly grows long hair before exploding.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I was not expecting that to be Star's Quirk, but yeah that one's crazy good, basically giving you the power to warp reality, with some limits. She uses it in really cool ways too, always having one "rule" to make herself near-All Might strong, when she punches the air with a big star gives me America Chavez vibes, or even simply how she catches the laser. Also, her being a random girl All Might saved in the prologue of the first movie is such genius attention to detail of continuity, and anytime he keeps making the movies canon I'm happy for!

Now "Tomura" I'm pretty nervous about, specifically what exactly this new Shigaraki/All For One hybrid is going to end up being, and what will happen to the real one. I do like that they make everything about their procedure retroactively make sense: It would've normally taken 2 months, but AFO basically pissed him off so much that he was able to much more easily gain control over the body by now. Either way, it has become clear that the only way for Shigaraki to finally be free is to let go of his hatred, now how will he do that (besides the obvious of Deku probably saving him), we'll have to see. We are getting another week break so there'll be some time to let this all stew.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It should be interesting see what Tomura For One or All For Tomura will be like. New Order is a powerful quirk, so it isn't surprising AFO wants it. Nice nod back to Two Heroes as well
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I was not expecting that to be Star's Quirk, but yeah that one's crazy good, basically giving you the power to warp reality, with some limits. She uses it in really cool ways too, always having one "rule" to make herself near-All Might strong, when she punches the air with a big star gives me America Chavez vibes, or even simply how she catches the laser. Also, her being a random girl All Might saved in the prologue of the first movie is such genius attention to detail of continuity, and anytime he keeps making the movies canon I'm happy for!

Now "Tomura" I'm pretty nervous about, specifically what exactly this new Shigaraki/All For One hybrid is going to end up being, and what will happen to the real one. I do like that they make everything about their procedure retroactively make sense: It would've normally taken 2 months, but AFO basically pissed him off so much that he was able to much more easily gain control over the body by now. Either way, it has become clear that the only way for Shigaraki to finally be free is to let go of his hatred, now how will he do that (besides the obvious of Deku probably saving him), we'll have to see. We are getting another week break so there'll be some time to let this all stew.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Localized and limited reality warping is always a fun power, especially for a creative writer like Horikoshi. And besides having a limit of two rules she also can't just do whatever she wants since she isn't able to make herself as strong as All Might. Tying her into the first movie is an absolutely great writing move for just tying everything together and making the movies feel like a part of the greater whole. I really hope that Star is ok and doesn't lose her quirk after this fight. I want to see this chipper larger than life heroine interact with All Might and Deku at her full power.

Good point about Shigaraki needing to let go of all his anger and hatred to free himself from All For One. And I think that the best way to do that at this point is for Deku to have another soul meeting in the vestige world and call out to him. I would still like for Shigaraki to stand as his own villain for the true final battle though, but we'll see where it all goes. This chapter does also clear up a few things for me about how All For One views Shigaraki. He does care for him and holds him in high regard, but he's doing so in a very selfish fashion with no regard for what Shigaraki might want. In All For One's mind he's really doing what's best for Shigaraki, and losing his individuality is a small price to pay to end up where AFO imagines him to be (note that All For One is basically still in two bodies and everything is his plans). It's a fascinatingly disturbing relationship.

Final cute note, one of the pilot's is name Wedge. Like that one minor pilot in Star Wars.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if spoilers:
    The reason AfO wants Star's quirk is because he can use it to bypass the factor that allows One for All to resist his attempts at stealing it?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wonder if spoilers:
    The reason AfO wants Star's quirk is because he can use it to bypass the factor that allows One for All to resist his attempts at stealing it?
    end of spoilers
    That is a pretty solid guess. spoilers:
    It is the only plausible manner, that we know of, for him to bypass One For All's resistance and be one step closer to his grand plan.
    end of spoilers

I like this theory. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wonder if spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Seems like the most logical reason to wanting it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Awesome! Don't know exactly which day I'll be seeing it yet, but will definitely be that weekend. I'm also probably gonna end up watching it twice so I can see sub and dub.

Also, apparently they're going to be giving away English versions of the Volume World Heroes book in theatres, though I have no idea if this will include Canada or not. Just says not in Australia or New Zealand.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...rgoers/.178060
    We're only getting it in japanese here so I'll have to wait for the DVD to see the english dub.

I do hope that we'll get those books here too. It'd be a fun souvenir, though I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    It should be interesting see what Tomura For One or All For Tomura will be like. New Order is a powerful quirk, so it isn't surprising AFO wants it. Nice nod back to Two Heroes as well
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can't decide if I like "Tomura For One" or "All For Tomura" more. Or something like "Shigaraki Prime".
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Localized and limited reality warping is always a fun power, especially for a creative writer like Horikoshi. And besides having a limit of two rules she also can't just do whatever she wants since she isn't able to make herself as strong as All Might. Tying her into the first movie is an absolutely great writing move for just tying everything together and making the movies feel like a part of the greater whole. I really hope that Star is ok and doesn't lose her quirk after this fight. I want to see this chipper larger than life heroine interact with All Might and Deku at her full power.

Good point about Shigaraki needing to let go of all his anger and hatred to free himself from All For One. And I think that the best way to do that at this point is for Deku to have another soul meeting in the vestige world and call out to him. I would still like for Shigaraki to stand as his own villain for the true final battle though, but we'll see where it all goes. This chapter does also clear up a few things for me about how All For One views Shigaraki. He does care for him and holds him in high regard, but he's doing so in a very selfish fashion with no regard for what Shigaraki might want. In All For One's mind he's really doing what's best for Shigaraki, and losing his individuality is a small price to pay to end up where AFO imagines him to be (note that All For One is basically still in two bodies and everything is his plans). It's a fascinatingly disturbing relationship.

Final cute note, one of the pilot's is name Wedge. Like that one minor pilot in Star Wars.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm also really hoping now she doesn't lose her Quirk, both cause like you said, it'd be fun to see her interact with Deku and All Might, but also because this just seems like a power that'd be way too much trouble to deal with in AFO/Shigaraki's hands. What's making me think there's a chance they won't get it is because they already have 2 extremely deadly Quirks that require contact to use, Decay and All For One. The heroes already have to worry about either being killed or losing their Quirk being touched by him, adding a third thing would probably seem counterproductive narrative wise.

What I feel like the best way for the story to end up going is for Deku to save Shigaraki and the two defeat AFO for good, but then Shigaraki still wants to destroy everything, so he and Deku have their true final battle. Deku gets his moment to be the hero that saves even the bad guys when they're in trouble, but Shigaraki still gets to be the big bad and stick to his ideals, beating AFO just being a way of regaining his freedom.
    end of spoilers

We're only getting it in japanese here so I'll have to wait for the DVD to see the english dub.

I do hope that we'll get those books here too. It'd be a fun souvenir, though I'm not holding my breath.
    I ordered the Japanese volume a bit ago, and unlike the last 2 volumes which had pretty important story prologues included in it, this one is a much more laid back comedic one about the kids waiting at the airport. I can imagine Shonen Jump+ is probably going to add it the weekend of the movie so even if we don't get the book, we'll have a way to read the story there.