Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    It'd be nice to see another great song, but I can also see how putting on a performance like that when thing's are still pretty bad, could be considered counterproductive. Plus, since 1-A are probably going to be leaving with Midoriya once he leaves again, they probably don't have too much time to do something huge for the evacuees, so we'll see. Maybe they can just fly Eri over everyone and have her smile calm them down.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I do hope we see a bit more reunions, no matter how brief they made be. We definitely need to see him with Eri again. I wanna see how 1-B and the rest of the school react to Izuku too, since we've only seen the civilians' opinions.

I was thinking, since back right before the Pro Hero Arc, they mention how they were gonna try and investigate how many Quirks All For One had, maybe they managed to do that, though it begs the question how/if Horikoshi wants to blow that load and reveal that now. You also have to imagine this is supposedly Tartarus information that neither Tsukauchi or Gran Torino knew about, or else you think they would've told the Heroes, so could be some other secret. I do agree that we really need to do a check in with the villains soon and see what their status' are, what Spinner's thinking, what's Dabi's next move, will Skeptic do anything else, and will Shigaraki break free? I do very much feel like with how everything's been positioned, unless there's some major development changes, the endgame is going to end up being Deku & Shigaraki defeating AFO, and either ending with Shigaraki fighting Deku right after, or dying in the process (so basically the climax of Last Jedi or Rise Of Skywalker lol)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't see how trying to boost morale would be counterproductive. It doesn't have to be a massive performance just something to calm the people down and forget their problems even for a while. They could even get some of the other classes involved to help.

Also we need to see some reunions, especially with Eri and Miro. Class 1-B showing their reactions would also be good.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I do hope we see a bit more reunions, no matter how brief they made be. We definitely need to see him with Eri again. I wanna see how 1-B and the rest of the school react to Izuku too, since we've only seen the civilians' opinions.

I was thinking, since back right before the Pro Hero Arc, they mention how they were gonna try and investigate how many Quirks All For One had, maybe they managed to do that, though it begs the question how/if Horikoshi wants to blow that load and reveal that now. You also have to imagine this is supposedly Tartarus information that neither Tsukauchi or Gran Torino knew about, or else you think they would've told the Heroes, so could be some other secret. I do agree that we really need to do a check in with the villains soon and see what their status' are, what Spinner's thinking, what's Dabi's next move, will Skeptic do anything else, and will Shigaraki break free? I do very much feel like with how everything's been positioned, unless there's some major development changes, the endgame is going to end up being Deku & Shigaraki defeating AFO, and either ending with Shigaraki fighting Deku right after, or dying in the process (so basically the climax of Last Jedi or Rise Of Skywalker lol)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wonder if anybody from class B will try to join them, just to show that they're just as prepared to take on the villains and do their part to get society up and running. Probably not all of them but I wouldn't mind seeing Monoma, Tetsutetsu and Kendo tag along. And we really need to see Shinso as well before they head out.

Another aspect I hope they at least mention, unless it's been clarified earlier and I just forgot, is where they're keeping all the villains that have been re-apprehended during the past month. Most of their big time prisons are busted right open after all, and they gotta put those people somewhere.

The ending absolutely feels like it'll be some manner of confrontation involving Deku, Shigaraki, All Might and AFO in a big mish mash of mentor and student tropes clashing, and there's no way everybody is walking away from that. Somebody is going to die and I think that somebody is going to lose their powers. I'm just not sure who will get which treatment.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't see how trying to boost morale would be counterproductive. It doesn't have to be a massive performance just something to calm the people down and forget their problems even for a while. They could even get some of the other classes involved to help.

Also we need to see some reunions, especially with Eri and Miro. Class 1-B showing their reactions would also be good.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see the band hijacking the school's speaker system for a soothing and optimistic song, or something of that nature.

There are lots of reunions that need to happen before the class runs out to deal with the villains.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if anybody from class B will try to join them, just to show that they're just as prepared to take on the villains and do their part to get society up and running. Probably not all of them but I wouldn't mind seeing Monoma, Tetsutetsu and Kendo tag along. And we really need to see Shinso as well before they head out.

Another aspect I hope they at least mention, unless it's been clarified earlier and I just forgot, is where they're keeping all the villains that have been re-apprehended during the past month. Most of their big time prisons are busted right open after all, and they gotta put those people somewhere.

The ending absolutely feels like it'll be some manner of confrontation involving Deku, Shigaraki, All Might and AFO in a big mish mash of mentor and student tropes clashing, and there's no way everybody is walking away from that. Somebody is going to die and I think that somebody is going to lose their powers. I'm just not sure who will get which treatment.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I can see the band hijacking the school's speaker system for a soothing and optimistic song, or something of that nature.

There are lots of reunions that need to happen before the class runs out to deal with the villains.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope we do see Class 1-B and Shinso in action (we need to see Shinso's super suit)

Hopefully we will see all the reunions before they do move out.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know if they would be directly joining Midoriya & 1A, but I do definitely think they should also be given the chance to go out and assist. I imagine splitting everybody up (1A, 1B, and some others like Shinso) into several teams and sending them on missions might be the best approach, spread their reach much further and deal with more threats at once.

The only thing we really saw regarding the prison situation is Deku dropping off Muscular at a nearby one because they had some iron maidens to lock him up in. Considering we know that Gigantomachia, as well as those several thousand Liberation warriors, are in fact still arrested, I imagine there must be some useful prisons that haven't been destroyed, since I don't know where else they would be.

Now that just makes me think about All Might in a giant mech showing up to the confrontation and I absolutely want it to happen even though I know it would be completely ridiculous. I do agree that I think Midoriya "reverse uno-ing" AFO's attempts to steal OFA and getting AFO himself is also a very big possibility.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't know if they would be directly joining Midoriya & 1A, but I do definitely think they should also be given the chance to go out and assist. I imagine splitting everybody up (1A, 1B, and some others like Shinso) into several teams and sending them on missions might be the best approach, spread their reach much further and deal with more threats at once.

The only thing we really saw regarding the prison situation is Deku dropping off Muscular at a nearby one because they had some iron maidens to lock him up in. Considering we know that Gigantomachia, as well as those several thousand Liberation warriors, are in fact still arrested, I imagine there must be some useful prisons that haven't been destroyed, since I don't know where else they would be.

Now that just makes me think about All Might in a giant mech showing up to the confrontation and I absolutely want it to happen even though I know it would be completely ridiculous. I do agree that I think Midoriya "reverse uno-ing" AFO's attempts to steal OFA and getting AFO himself is also a very big possibility.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe All Might could use that mechsuit that Mei was building for the Cultural Festival
    end of spoilers

A new English trailer for World Heroes Mission, that actually has alot of new footage not seen in most of the other major trailers. Get to hear Robbie Daymond do some of his menacing monologuing as Flect Turn, little hints of some of the action scenes, what looks will be a REALLY cool Blackwhip moment.

Hopefully there is a cinema in Ireland nearby that will show it

Extraordinary Member

A new English trailer for World Heroes Mission, that actually has alot of new footage not seen in most of the other major trailers. Get to hear Robbie Daymond do some of his menacing monologuing as Flect Turn, little hints of some of the action scenes, what looks will be a REALLY cool Blackwhip moment.

Damn, that looked cool!

I would love to see the dub but we'll probably only get the sub here. Oh well, I'll get it on the DVD/blu-ray.

spoilers:
    It's revealed the information that Stain got from Tartarus detailed the prison's destruction by "Tomura" and All For One's use of Radio Waves, as well as also including the waveforms which indicate a conversation between All For One and his vestige within Tomura, that seem to imply that he will be completed in not "1 month" but "3 days." They send a request to the foreign heroes for help, where America's No. 1 Hero, Star And Stripe, immediately makes her way over to assist.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Even with the big revelation, I'm definitely leaning more towards something fishy going on here. It's possible, if unlikely, that AFO knew about them monitoring the Radio Waves and did *this* as a bluff, but also 3 days seems way too fast. What I'm thinking is maybe there will be a big plan in those 3 days, but Shigaraki won't actually be complete yet, so it's moreso like he'll drag him out to cause some ****, and then go back to sleep. There's also the question of, since we know AFO wants OFA before Shigaraki's complete, if he was to be completed this fast wouldn't even have done more to get Deku by now? Either way will be very intriguing where this will go.

Glad to see some World Heroes Mission synergy cameos, and Horikoshi's brought in another top tier waifu. I like that she appears to be drawn differently, if any of you are familiar with Takeshi Miyazawa's Marvel work, her face reminds me alot of that. It'd be funny if all the American superheroes look like how "manga-inspired American comics."

Also Stain gets another great moment at the beginning, where the guard is desperately asking what he wants, and him responding that he's an "ally to what the world should be" while still admitting to be a "beast."
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Three days seems to be a bit quick. I'm guessing it is somewhere in-between 3 days to a month. AFO probably had a schedule but even the best laid plans can do astray. Still it is interesting to see how many of the international heroes will play a role
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Even with the big revelation, I'm definitely leaning more towards something fishy going on here. It's possible, if unlikely, that AFO knew about them monitoring the Radio Waves and did *this* as a bluff, but also 3 days seems way too fast. What I'm thinking is maybe there will be a big plan in those 3 days, but Shigaraki won't actually be complete yet, so it's moreso like he'll drag him out to cause some ****, and then go back to sleep. There's also the question of, since we know AFO wants OFA before Shigaraki's complete, if he was to be completed this fast wouldn't even have done more to get Deku by now? Either way will be very intriguing where this will go.

Glad to see some World Heroes Mission synergy cameos, and Horikoshi's brought in another top tier waifu. I like that she appears to be drawn differently, if any of you are familiar with Takeshi Miyazawa's Marvel work, her face reminds me alot of that. It'd be funny if all the American superheroes look like how "manga-inspired American comics."

Also Stain gets another great moment at the beginning, where the guard is desperately asking what he wants, and him responding that he's an "ally to what the world should be" while still admitting to be a "beast."
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really hope AFO isn't pulling a bluff here. Things have been going a bit too cleanly for him, and I want Stain's unplanned move to throw a wrench into the mastermind's plan. Horikoshi is usually good at balancing these things so it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. Shigaraki not complying with AFO, or just not being completed, is also possiblity. Anything to cause a few stumbling blocks for AFO is good. Whatever happens in three days I don't think it'll be anything final.

Star and Stripe's introduction reminds of some of the more extra introductions in One Piece (specifically Kizaru flying into battle by jumping onto a fired cannonball). She's just standing on the outside of a fighter jet, like what the hell!? It'll be interesting to see what kind of interactions she brings.

Stain's meeting with the guard is the highlight of the chapter for me. Just Stain acknowledging the dying man's determination and figuring out how important the box he was holding is was really cool, and the words exchanged was a nice characterization for both.

Also. Gotta say. Tsukauchi is rocking that little beard he's sporting now.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I really hope AFO isn't pulling a bluff here. Things have been going a bit too cleanly for him, and I want Stain's unplanned move to throw a wrench into the mastermind's plan. Horikoshi is usually good at balancing these things so it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. Shigaraki not complying with AFO, or just not being completed, is also possiblity. Anything to cause a few stumbling blocks for AFO is good. Whatever happens in three days I don't think it'll be anything final.

Star and Stripe's introduction reminds of some of the more extra introductions in One Piece (specifically Kizaru flying into battle by jumping onto a fired cannonball). She's just standing on the outside of a fighter jet, like what the hell!? It'll be interesting to see what kind of interactions she brings.

Stain's meeting with the guard is the highlight of the chapter for me. Just Stain acknowledging the dying man's determination and figuring out how important the box he was holding is was really cool, and the words exchanged was a nice characterization for both.

Also. Gotta say. Tsukauchi is rocking that little beard he's sporting now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm hoping we maybe get like a half win here. Like AFO had something planned that they stop, but it wasn't Shigaraki's completion, so they still have that to worry about. I think alot of people are also just really nervous because there's still so much left that the story can/should tackle, but there's also moments like this that feel like they're inching closer and closer to the "true climax", so we're left just anxiously waiting to hope he's not gonna take the quick way out. The recent Volume 32 had a quote for Horikoshi that said his original plan was for the "Final Act" to be 5 volumes but that things have changed now. Since we're about to get into the 3rd volume for that, I'm hoping that's now closer to ~10 volumes.

Seeing Tsukauchi with just the beard, beside Sansa (the cat) who's got at least a scar now on his face, does remind me of the Community darkest timeline joke where just everybody has either big physical or mental scars after the War, and then Tsukauchi just has this slightly grown in beard and is all: "Yea. Life got dark."
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I'm hoping we maybe get like a half win here. Like AFO had something planned that they stop, but it wasn't Shigaraki's completion, so they still have that to worry about. I think alot of people are also just really nervous because there's still so much left that the story can/should tackle, but there's also moments like this that feel like they're inching closer and closer to the "true climax", so we're left just anxiously waiting to hope he's not gonna take the quick way out. The recent Volume 32 had a quote for Horikoshi that said his original plan was for the "Final Act" to be 5 volumes but that things have changed now. Since we're about to get into the 3rd volume for that, I'm hoping that's now closer to ~10 volumes.

Seeing Tsukauchi with just the beard, beside Sansa (the cat) who's got at least a scar now on his face, does remind me of the Community darkest timeline joke where just everybody has either big physical or mental scars after the War, and then Tsukauchi just has this slightly grown in beard and is all: "Yea. Life got dark."
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would honestly like it if the ultimate final battles between AFO and Shigaraki were seperated into two different arcs. They are heavily tied together of course, but I would like to see at least one arc where Shigaraki has truly freed himself from his master and become his own villain, with the final battle between him and Deku highlighting how they can handle things differently compared to those that came before them. It could be an interesting direction I think.

My first thought was Steve Rogers in Avengers: Infinity War. The beard was supposed to make him look haggard, but fans just thought it made him look hotter than ever. Tsukauchi's little beard is a lesser (but still good) version of that IMO.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-07-2021 at 01:21 PM.

spoilers:
    All For One continues to scheme while in hiding, with Spinner watching over him. He states that Star and Stripe, the world's strongest woman, is someone they would have to worry about, but if he can get his hands on her Quirk, then he'll be unstoppable. We see some of the remnants of the Paranormal Liberation Front receiving orders from Skeptic to continue their cause while using the League as their beacons to spread the word. Elsewhere, Hawks, Best Jeanist, and Endeavor prepare to rendezvous with Star and Stripe when they learn that Tomura Shigaraki has already appeared to face her in the sky.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We finally get our POV switch to the villains. I'm really liking how Spinner's position has become, turning from just a nobody Stain cosplayer, to now being the (technical) bodyguard to the "Demon Lord", and even becoming the face of the PLF, as a "New Stain." Will be very interesting to see what happens with him once we see him become a more active player, especially since he can't really fight unlike everyone else.

It's definitely really exciting to find out what Star and Stripe's Quirk is, if its something even AFO considers a threat, but I am greatly worried if this is just gonna end up with her being fodder so AFO can get EVEN MORE power, that'd seem like a waste. However, if this is Shigaraki in control right now, and he has some scheme to get back at AFO and the Quirk will help him with that, that I'll be okay with.

It's hard to tell exactly, Shigaraki's eyes being faded is the clue if AFO is in control, but if I had to make a guess, I think Shigaraki is in control, but kind of like the OFA vestiges, the AFO vestige is still active and essentially "backseat gaming" Shigaraki's body, so he's forced to just deal with him. The chapter is definitely aware of the conclusion considering the "What exactly am I?" question he asks. If this is the real Shiggy, I'm excited to see him cause more trouble again.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A solid chapter, though I'm not keen on Star being such an integral part of AFO's plan, this late into the story.
    end of spoilers