Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I can't decide if I like "Tomura For One" or "All For Tomura" more. Or something like "Shigaraki Prime".
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm also really hoping now she doesn't lose her Quirk, both cause like you said, it'd be fun to see her interact with Deku and All Might, but also because this just seems like a power that'd be way too much trouble to deal with in AFO/Shigaraki's hands. What's making me think there's a chance they won't get it is because they already have 2 extremely deadly Quirks that require contact to use, Decay and All For One. The heroes already have to worry about either being killed or losing their Quirk being touched by him, adding a third thing would probably seem counterproductive narrative wise.

What I feel like the best way for the story to end up going is for Deku to save Shigaraki and the two defeat AFO for good, but then Shigaraki still wants to destroy everything, so he and Deku have their true final battle. Deku gets his moment to be the hero that saves even the bad guys when they're in trouble, but Shigaraki still gets to be the big bad and stick to his ideals, beating AFO just being a way of regaining his freedom.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah Star turning up just to lose her Quirk would be a waste of a character
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That is a pretty solid guess. spoilers:
    It is the only plausible manner, that we know of, for him to bypass One For All's resistance and be one step closer to his grand plan.
    end of spoilers

I like this theory. Good idea.
    spoilers:

I've seen another theory since making that post that would make a good meta reason for them to get it.

Basically, the theory is that since Deku's goal is to try an reach out to Shigaraki, part of the endgame will involve Deku's efforts causing him to identify with the name Tenko Shimura more than Tomura Shigaraki or All for One. And in the process, a rule that All for One placed on himself to give himself an advantage will then fail
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wonder if spoilers:
    The reason AfO wants Star's quirk is because he can use it to bypass the factor that allows One for All to resist his attempts at stealing it?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is the most likely theory for why All For One is so interested in acquiring Star & Stripe's Quirk despite the threat she poses. It's certainly a powerful Quirk in its own right, but its potential to override the rules of One For All that prevent it from being forcibly taken are the driving force behind All For One wanting Star's Quirk.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I can't decide if I like "Tomura For One" or "All For Tomura" more. Or something like "Shigaraki Prime".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I personally like "All For Shigaraki", since AFO claims his name is Shigaraki it comes with some neat double meanings.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm also really hoping now she doesn't lose her Quirk, both cause like you said, it'd be fun to see her interact with Deku and All Might, but also because this just seems like a power that'd be way too much trouble to deal with in AFO/Shigaraki's hands. What's making me think there's a chance they won't get it is because they already have 2 extremely deadly Quirks that require contact to use, Decay and All For One. The heroes already have to worry about either being killed or losing their Quirk being touched by him, adding a third thing would probably seem counterproductive narrative wise.

What I feel like the best way for the story to end up going is for Deku to save Shigaraki and the two defeat AFO for good, but then Shigaraki still wants to destroy everything, so he and Deku have their true final battle. Deku gets his moment to be the hero that saves even the bad guys when they're in trouble, but Shigaraki still gets to be the big bad and stick to his ideals, beating AFO just being a way of regaining his freedom.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hopefully whatever evolution that caused him to explode will tire him out enough for Endeavor and Hawks to last second help Star and scare All For Shigaraki away.

That does sound like the most ideal, and honestly most exciting, ending. And I'm thinking that Shigaraki will either die or get depowered, not sure if that'll happen with Deku. Though I hope that Deku will keep his powers.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:

I've seen another theory since making that post that would make a good meta reason for them to get it.

Basically, the theory is that since Deku's goal is to try an reach out to Shigaraki, part of the endgame will involve Deku's efforts causing him to identify with the name Tenko Shimura more than Tomura Shigaraki or All for One. And in the process, a rule that All for One placed on himself to give himself an advantage will then fail
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Whether that becomes true or not I do agree that Shigaraki's name will be an important part of the final battle. Getting him to reclaim Tenko Shimura as his name might for example help him overcome the personality fusion with AFO.
    end of spoilers