Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Recently I ordered the pamphlet from the MHA Drawing Smash exhibition and it finally came in. It's an extremely great and well put together booklet, and has alot of the stuff from the show, specifically the exclusive art pieces and the dialogue snippets, so that's really exciting for me to finally see.

I will say pretty much everything you heard about the art online pretty accurately describes it all. Izuku & Ochaco in the sky is still beautiful. Shoto & Dabi is still really cool. Aoyama and the Squid thing is just as interesting and ominous as you probably thought. Toga gets two, one very interesting one of her naked behind a skull growing muscle fibres out of it, and the other just her in a casual school uniform. There's also stuff like Tsuyu in a sailor suit, All Might in a suit, and Kirishima with a lion, which are just nice simple drawings, nothing too grand. There's also the Momo & Jiro one, where Momo is cuddling Jiro under her cape and I just imagine the shippers had an absolute FIELD DAY with that one, it's very gay.

There's also the double page spread you've heard about with Class 1-A + Shinso, and it's very beautifully coloured. One thing I did notice, just like the other Izuku drawing is that, his hair is much less green and more turquoise, closer to his "Full Cowl 100%" colour, though I feel like that most likely has to do how he painted it, since it all looks very water coloured.

As for Shinso's hero costume spoilers:
    it's nothing super grandiose, it's basically a grey suit with bracers on his arms and legs, plus his vocal chords/binding cloth obviously. It's small and in the corner so hard to completely tell how it looks, but its clear he's going for "simple and functional" just like Eraser.
    end of spoilers

Oh, and there are little drawings Eri dressed as Deku, Bakugo, and in Eraser's sleeping bag at the beginning and end of the book and it's f'in adorable.
    Given Aiwaza is his mentor, it is not surprising Shinso would be inspired by him, the same way Deku is inspired by All Might.
    Also I love Momo and Jiro, I would love to see that pic.

Extraordinary Member

Recently I ordered the pamphlet from the MHA Drawing Smash exhibition and it finally came in. It's an extremely great and well put together booklet, and has alot of the stuff from the show, specifically the exclusive art pieces and the dialogue snippets, so that's really exciting for me to finally see.

I will say pretty much everything you heard about the art online pretty accurately describes it all. Izuku & Ochaco in the sky is still beautiful. Shoto & Dabi is still really cool. Aoyama and the Squid thing is just as interesting and ominous as you probably thought. Toga gets two, one very interesting one of her naked behind a skull growing muscle fibres out of it, and the other just her in a casual school uniform. There's also stuff like Tsuyu in a sailor suit, All Might in a suit, and Kirishima with a lion, which are just nice simple drawings, nothing too grand. There's also the Momo & Jiro one, where Momo is cuddling Jiro under her cape and I just imagine the shippers had an absolute FIELD DAY with that one, it's very gay.

There's also the double page spread you've heard about with Class 1-A + Shinso, and it's very beautifully coloured. One thing I did notice, just like the other Izuku drawing is that, his hair is much less green and more turquoise, closer to his "Full Cowl 100%" colour, though I feel like that most likely has to do how he painted it, since it all looks very water coloured.

As for Shinso's hero costume spoilers:
    it's nothing super grandiose, it's basically a grey suit with bracers on his arms and legs, plus his vocal chords/binding cloth obviously. It's small and in the corner so hard to completely tell how it looks, but its clear he's going for "simple and functional" just like Eraser.
    end of spoilers

Oh, and there are little drawings Eri dressed as Deku, Bakugo, and in Eraser's sleeping bag at the beginning and end of the book and it's f'in adorable.
    Nice, that sounds really cool. Where did you order it from.

I personally recently got the first ever fanzine I orderd online. It's dedicated to the Izuku/Ochako shipping and has tons of really well made fan art and a few cute fanfics. Really happy with that purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Nice, that sounds really cool. Where did you order it from.

I personally recently got the first ever fanzine I orderd online. It's dedicated to the Izuku/Ochako shipping and has tons of really well made fan art and a few cute fanfics. Really happy with that purchase.
    I ordered it from this website: https://aitaikuji.com/catalogsearch/...=drawing+smash
    I'd say pricing it's a pretty good deal, and they also have alot of other really awesome stuff there too! They're selling some manga pages and I ordered the Deku vs. Muscular conclusion one and it's so excellent in person!

Also, next episode of the anime will be not only be another anime original, but it's also a sequel to the Tsuyu Internship Episode. Ryukyu Agency finally get some kind of redemption with some actual focus (even if I'm also slightly anxious over how many episodes they'll have left for MVA lol)

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

I ordered it from this website: https://aitaikuji.com/catalogsearch/...=drawing+smash
    I'd say pricing it's a pretty good deal, and they also have alot of other really awesome stuff there too! They're selling some manga pages and I ordered the Deku vs. Muscular conclusion one and it's so excellent in person!

Also, next episode of the anime will be not only be another anime original, but it's also a sequel to the Tsuyu Internship Episode. Ryukyu Agency finally get some kind of redemption with some actual focus (even if I'm also slightly anxious over how many episodes they'll have left for MVA lol)
    Cool, thanks.

Agreed that I'm looking forward to the next episode just to give Uraraka and the rest of the Ryukyu team some love. But I'm also concerned about how many episode they'll have for MVA (I wouldn't be surprised if Majestic gets properly introduced in another filler episode). Whatever the number they better really go all in on that storyline, I've some fans be decidedly more upset about these changes online.

spoilers:
    Things are heating up with Class 1-A. Great to see how much they all care for their classmate. Looks like we are getting our Deku Vs Class 1-A fight next time.
    end of spoilers

Agreed that I'm looking forward to the next episode just to give Uraraka and the rest of the Ryukyu team some love. But I'm also concerned about how many episode they'll have for MVA (I wouldn't be surprised if Majestic gets properly introduced in another filler episode). Whatever the number they better really go all in on that storyline, I've some fans be decidedly more upset about these changes online.
    I was kind of hoping this would be more closer to "Everyone's Internships" where we could see little snippets of everyone in their work studies rather than just focusing on 1 group, but might as well give Ryukyu's team what they were deserved at least. And if we take into account next episode, and the following which will most likely be the Todoroki Family Dinner/Ending fight, then that means MVA will have 8 episodes left in the season, and if they can do 3 chapters per episode, then they'll be able to just fit it in.

Also side thing, just watched the English dub of the previous episode, Ben Diskin as Skeptic is excellent choice so I'm happy for that. Also very exciting to hear Lisa Ortiz (4Kids Amy Rose) as Burnin.

And was just reminded thanks to today's chapter, this month is the 7th Anniversary of MHA, completely forgot about that. So we're gonna be getting colour pages for the next 3 chapters, which means the new character spread will be coming soon so that's gonna be great!

spoilers:
    A few days after Midoriya left U.A., the rest of Class 1-A figure out he and All Might must be with Endeavor's group and try to find some way to contact them. They manage to use Nezu to trap Endeavor where they force him to confirm the truth. Bakugo confronts him saying that he doesn't understand Midoriya and that he'll run himself ragged without stopping. The rest of the classmates each offer their support and desire to wanting to help him, which Nezu supports, asking them to bring him back, while he readies the "U.A. Barrier".

Back in the present, after apprehending Dictator, the rest of the class approach Deku to help, while he insists he's fine and telling them to leave. Bakugo and the rest refuse to back down, as Deku once again tells the to get out of his way and they prepare to fight.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This chapter has so many great little moments throughout. Stuff like Sero and Koda showing their desire to help, while admitting they may not be "as close" as others (showing how much the class really means to each other), Ochaco coming up with the idea to corner Endeavor, and Bakugo again showing just how much he's matured. Small moments like him actually being all dressed up in a tie for once, or tapping Shoto's shoulder to calm him down when he's confronting Endeavor. Even when he's going off about how Deku never looks after himself, especially because we know he's aware that he's the reason he's like that, so he has his own guilt for wanting to help, which I hope does also get addressed in this upcoming fight.

And yeah, we're getting that Deku vs. Class 1-A battle! It's exciting because I can see it going in many different ways. Because on the one hand the obvious assumption would be that he'd be able to take them all on his own with how overpowered he is right now. But considering how tired he is, plus how much more coordinated the class is, I think it'll be cool if we see something similar to the Heroes Rising big battle, rather then trying to fight him they're just trying to get him to wear himself out, before they can finally hug it out (or as someone else I saw mentioned, have Ochaco give him her third slap to save him).
    end of spoilers

I was kind of hoping this would be more closer to "Everyone's Internships" where we could see little snippets of everyone in their work studies rather than just focusing on 1 group, but might as well give Ryukyu's team what they were deserved at least. And if we take into account next episode, and the following which will most likely be the Todoroki Family Dinner/Ending fight, then that means MVA will have 8 episodes left in the season, and if they can do 3 chapters per episode, then they'll be able to just fit it in.

Also side thing, just watched the English dub of the previous episode, Ben Diskin as Skeptic is excellent choice so I'm happy for that. Also very exciting to hear Lisa Ortiz (4Kids Amy Rose) as Burnin.

And was just reminded thanks to today's chapter, this month is the 7th Anniversary of MHA, completely forgot about that. So we're gonna be getting colour pages for the next 3 chapters, which means the new character spread will be coming soon so that's gonna be great!

spoilers:
    A few days after Midoriya left U.A., the rest of Class 1-A figure out he and All Might must be with Endeavor's group and try to find some way to contact them. They manage to use Nezu to trap Endeavor where they force him to confirm the truth. Bakugo confronts him saying that he doesn't understand Midoriya and that he'll run himself ragged without stopping. The rest of the classmates each offer their support and desire to wanting to help him, which Nezu supports, asking them to bring him back, while he readies the "U.A. Barrier".

Back in the present, after apprehending Dictator, the rest of the class approach Deku to help, while he insists he's fine and telling them to leave. Bakugo and the rest refuse to back down, as Deku once again tells the to get out of his way and they prepare to fight.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This chapter has so many great little moments throughout. Stuff like Sero and Koda showing their desire to help, while admitting they may not be "as close" as others (showing how much the class really means to each other), Ochaco coming up with the idea to corner Endeavor, and Bakugo again showing just how much he's matured. Small moments like him actually being all dressed up in a tie for once, or tapping Shoto's shoulder to calm him down when he's confronting Endeavor. Even when he's going off about how Deku never looks after himself, especially because we know he's aware that he's the reason he's like that, so he has his own guilt for wanting to help, which I hope does also get addressed in this upcoming fight.

And yeah, we're getting that Deku vs. Class 1-A battle! It's exciting because I can see it going in many different ways. Because on the one hand the obvious assumption would be that he'd be able to take them all on his own with how overpowered he is right now. But considering how tired he is, plus how much more coordinated the class is, I think it'll be cool if we see something similar to the Heroes Rising big battle, rather then trying to fight him they're just trying to get him to wear himself out, before they can finally hug it out (or as someone else I saw mentioned, have Ochaco give him her third slap to save him).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I'm seeing the class trying to wear out and restrain Deku first, and when that fails resort to fighting him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Even "Everyone's Internship" only showed a few other students (Kirishima, Jiro, Bakugo, Momo and Ochako IIRC) before focusing on Tsuyu. So we might get something like that. Though I do think that the Ryukyu team deserve the spotlight the most. Either way, there's a lot of focus from the fandom on these episodes and the new order.

Happy 7th anniversary to My Hero Academia and Horikoshi. That feels like so little, like this series has had such impact but it's still fairly young compared to a lot of other stuff I'm reading. It's a bit weird.
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is one the class' stronger moments as a unit, because one of them is missing. It's a good reminder that even though they might not be at the center of attention, the class one of the most important parts of Deku's story. They're his first real group of friends and the ones he's bonded with big and small. If anybody is going to bring him back it's them. This whole confrontation has about a hundred ways it could go, physically and emotionally, and I'm looking forward to all of it.

In Deku's favour he's just kinda ridiculous in what he can do now and while some might be able to match him in specific areas he's got the entire class beat with his overall capabilities. One also has to wonder how much they know about Deku's additional quirks. In the class' favor, Deku is tired and ragged as you say, they're likely more co-ordinated than the villains he's been putting away recently and probably have some kind of plan ready while Deku will have to react and improvise (which he is admittedly VERY good at). Then there's the fact that I don't think that anybody here really wants to hurt each other (Bakugo might be the most ready to do so) so that'll probably factor into the tactics as well.

I'm just hoping that both sides come out looking really good from this. ...and that Deku gets to deck Bakugo in the face again.
    end of spoilers

Even "Everyone's Internship" only showed a few other students (Kirishima, Jiro, Bakugo, Momo and Ochako IIRC) before focusing on Tsuyu. So we might get something like that. Though I do think that the Ryukyu team deserve the spotlight the most. Either way, there's a lot of focus from the fandom on these episodes and the new order.

Happy 7th anniversary to My Hero Academia and Horikoshi. That feels like so little, like this series has had such impact but it's still fairly young compared to a lot of other stuff I'm reading. It's a bit weird.

spoilers:
    This is one the class' stronger moments as a unit, because one of them is missing. It's a good reminder that even though they might not be at the center of attention, the class one of the most important parts of Deku's story. They're his first real group of friends and the ones he's bonded with big and small. If anybody is going to bring him back it's them. This whole confrontation has about a hundred ways it could go, physically and emotionally, and I'm looking forward to all of it.

In Deku's favour he's just kinda ridiculous in what he can do now and while some might be able to match him in specific areas he's got the entire class beat with his overall capabilities. One also has to wonder how much they know about Deku's additional quirks. In the class' favor, Deku is tired and ragged as you say, they're likely more co-ordinated than the villains he's been putting away recently and probably have some kind of plan ready while Deku will have to react and improvise (which he is admittedly VERY good at). Then there's the fact that I don't think that anybody here really wants to hurt each other (Bakugo might be the most ready to do so) so that'll probably factor into the tactics as well.

I'm just hoping that both sides come out looking really good from this. ...and that Deku gets to deck Bakugo in the face again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Same here, both sides should get adecent showing. Also we haven't seen the 2nd Holders Quirk yet, so that might play in giving Deku an advantage despite his condition.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering they all obviously know about Blackwhip, and that Bakugo's read the OFA notebooks and knows about Float, Danger Sense, and Smokescreen, I imagine he would've told them. It's Fa Jin and the 2nd's they would have no idea about.

I think it would be really cool if it'll be like everytime Deku tries to use another Quirk, several of the classmates are able to combat it in some way. Like Sero or Tsuyu attacking Blackwhip, Ochaco keeping pace with him in the air with Float, Iida outspeeding his Danger Sense, Aoyama or Momo negating Smokescreen, etc. I could also see this as potentially being the possible conclusion to how the final Shigaraki and/or All For One encounter would go. Rather than simply trying to overpower the opponent through sheer force of will, using techniques and a team of heroes to outsmart and counter the onslaught of Quirks with their own.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Same here, both sides should get adecent showing. Also we haven't seen the 2nd Holders Quirk yet, so that might play in giving Deku an advantage despite his condition.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's what I was thinking, maybe Deku becomes desperate that he tries to force out the 2nd user's Quirk, and either it works but it wears him down even more, or perhaps the 2nd blocks him from unlocking it, which distracts him long enough for them to get the upper hand.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

The latest episode does quite a lot for a filler episode.

It gives Ryukyu's team some much needed attention, and not only introduces Ochako's new costume and lets her have a cool action scene. It also somewhat surprisingly acts as a lead in to the upcoming movie. And it's part beach episode too.

The episode is in general pretty solid. I enjoy action scenes where the characters use their quirks for something besides fighting, so that was really nice to see here. And we got a lot of cute character interactions, which is nice after all the heavy drama we've had over in the manga. I'm totally expecting some people to ship Selkie and Ryukyu as a mom and dad duo to the girls.

It gives Ryukyu's team some much needed attention, and not only introduces Ochako's new costume and lets her have a cool action scene. It also somewhat surprisingly acts as a lead in to the upcoming movie. And it's part beach episode too.

The episode is in general pretty solid. I enjoy action scenes where the characters use their quirks for something besides fighting, so that was really nice to see here. And we got a lot of cute character interactions, which is nice after all the heavy drama we've had over in the manga. I'm totally expecting some people to ship Selkie and Ryukyu as a mom and dad duo to the girls.
    Really liked them getting to show off Ochaco's costume and rope earlier than it initially does, and giving her something cool to use them with.

I was not expecting this to end up being a sort-of prequel to World Heroes Mission, so that was a surprise. I was also very happy to get confirmation that the drug gas in the movie is in fact Trigger, becoming a very nice Vigilantes connection, since that's where the name came from.

I liked it. I enjoyed the first Selkie episode and it was nice to have a sequel and a prequel to the next movie. Nice to see Urakaka's new costume and abilities earlier and have some focus on some characters that aren't Shoto, Bakugo and Deku.

spoilers:
    So far a goos start to the fight, everyone trying to subdue Deku and reason with him at the same time. Shame it will be another two weeks before we see what happens next.
    end of spoilers