Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, it certainly feels like the in-universe time frame won't be that much longer for the story, even if it'll take a few years to tell it all. Though I'd still like a movie that skips to like the class' graduation or a bit beyond that so that we can see them all work as full graduated heroes. Especially Deku going all out.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A "Naruto: The Last"-esque MHA epilogue movie would be perfect for this series. You get to see them as slightly older/at the peak of their powers, and get to show what they're all doing after school.
    end of spoilers

I do wonder if it'll show in Sweden. The first one didn't but the second did when they needed some movies to fill out the spots during the pandemic. Here's hoping that they'll pick this one up as well.

It is really nice to see some of the other students as well. I wouldn't be too much on seeing more than what we're seeing in the poster since Tamaki and Nejire with movie budget animation will probably take up some of those scenes. I just hope that they're all allowed to just take down some thugs or accomplish side missions during the movie instead of like needing to be rescued or something.

We haven't had a quirkless villain so that would be a novel idea to explore.

In anime news they've apparently rearranged the showing of a few events so we'll get the christmas party before the main focus of the My Villain Academia arc begins. Between that and how the pacing has been for the Joint Training arc I wonder exactly where the season will end. Since I don't know if they'll be able to make it through MVA and the Todoroki family drama, which would be a great closure to the season, without rushing any of it. But they have surprised me before.
    Especially since, based on the supposed plot details, his plot feels like Overhaul crossed with the Villain Factory from Vigilantes, so making him Quirkless will give a whole new angle to these cultists who see Quirks as a disease. Very much like Amon in Legend Of Korra.

That is really weird that they're throwing the Christmas party up next. I was worried what this would mean for continuity, but from the look of it, it seems like MVA will be treated as a "flashback"/this is what was happening behind the scenes, so it's primarily just a structure tweak. I imagine they're doing this because they want to get all the villain stuff together by Episode 14 which is when the new OP will start (today's episode cut out all the Detnerat stuff which will most likely be in Ep. 14). Also they better do the whole "Shigaraki destroys the logo and it turns into My Villain Academia" because that is too perfect to skip out on.

Looking at the chapters, if they do the typical thing of adapting 2 (sometimes 3) chapters per episode, then the season will most likely end at the start of the Agency arc, and I'm feeling possibly the end of Volume 25, since it has the big "we gotta prepare for what's coming next" energy.

spoilers:
    Lady Nagant barely survives and manages to inform the Heroes about All For One's supposed location. Overhaul is also apprehended, as Midoriya reluctantly agrees to keep Nagant's promise to let him apologize to the Boss if he apologizes to Eri too. Sometime later, they enter the former Creature Rejection Clan's mansion to find it abandoned and left with a pre-recorded message from All For One, taunting Midoriya's weakness and that he's the only one he cares about now, gleefully stating "it's you're turn" as the mansion explodes.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Saluting Lady Nagant. You've made it into my Top 10 fav characters after just a few chapters and hope you're able to show up again by the end. We get what I was expecting in Midoriya agreeing to let Overhaul apologize to his Boss, but now adding in the new wrinkle of apologizing to Eri too meaning that reunion is imminent and what that could mean, hopefully she gets to punch him in the face or something. It's also great on Midoriya's side, how he's still very clearly pissed at Overhaul, but that he can tell he's *somewhat* apologetic and wants to at least let him do that.

And then All For One just being his gleefully bastard self again, throwing All Might's words back in his face again. I really wonder if the supposed revelation that all he ever thought about was Midoriya and doesn't care about All Might anymore just has to do with him being "the next One For All user", or most likely if there is any deeper meaning to his new obsession, which I think is a combination of him seeing his brother the most through Midoriya, and also just the joy at getting to mess with a child for once.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Saluting Lady Nagant. You've made it into my Top 10 fav characters after just a few chapters and hope you're able to show up again by the end. We get what I was expecting in Midoriya agreeing to let Overhaul apologize to his Boss, but now adding in the new wrinkle of apologizing to Eri too meaning that reunion is imminent and what that could mean, hopefully she gets to punch him in the face or something. It's also great on Midoriya's side, how he's still very clearly pissed at Overhaul, but that he can tell he's *somewhat* apologetic and wants to at least let him do that.

And then All For One just being his gleefully bastard self again, throwing All Might's words back in his face again. I really wonder if the supposed revelation that all he ever thought about was Midoriya and doesn't care about All Might anymore just has to do with him being "the next One For All user", or most likely if there is any deeper meaning to his new obsession, which I think is a combination of him seeing his brother the most through Midoriya, and also just the joy at getting to mess with a child for once.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Lady Nagant absolutely needs her own spin-off series. Her story up to this point and where she goes from here just has so much potential. I absolutely think that she'll return down the line, but I'm not sure in what capacity it'll be.

Overhaul apologising is such a weird concept. Like, where are we going with that? He'll most likely not get a redemption arc (because he only deserves to rot in jail) or anything like that that would cut into screen time. And I don't know if Eri seeing him right now, especially when everything is going to hell, should be a priority. It's a good scene for showing Izuku's outlook and approach to heroics, I'm just a bit weary with how far the apology bit will go, since Overhaul is definitely one of the villains I've never had any sympathy for and only laugh at when bad things happen to him.

I'm thinking that All For One mainly has a beef with One For All and the general legacy of the quirk. It's just something that he can't control and that keeps thwarting him. When he knows who the OFA user he zeroes in on them to ruin them and their life. All Might was the first one to defeat him and Izuku is evolving the quirk to the point where the past users are more involved. So AFO might see this as his best chance to just crush the whole thing and see the despair of that act in every part of the OFA-legacy and the previous users die with Izuku.

I wonder if we'll get to see how Izuku and the others survived the explosion next chapter, or if we'll jump to some other group to build up tension.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    I'm thinking that All For One mainly has a beef with One For All and the general legacy of the quirk. It's just something that he can't control and that keeps thwarting him. When he knows who the OFA user he zeroes in on them to ruin them and their life. All Might was the first one to defeat him and Izuku is evolving the quirk to the point where the past users are more involved. So AFO might see this as his best chance to just crush the whole thing and see the despair of that act in every part of the OFA-legacy and the previous users die with Izuku.

I wonder if we'll get to see how Izuku and the others survived the explosion next chapter, or if we'll jump to some other group to build up tension.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if AfO created Hero Society as part of his "game". What'll we find out that he's the guy behind the Hero Security Council.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Thankfully Lady Nagant isn't dead, so hopefully she will recover in time for the finale.

Yeah, Overhaul's apology arc doesn't make sense. I doubt it would happen, but I would love Eri to reject his apology. After all Overhaul was a complete monster, he should just be sent back to jail.

Not surprising All For One is now only interested in Deku given he now has One For All. I seriously doubt the explosion is going to kill anyone.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Lady Nagant absolutely needs her own spin-off series. Her story up to this point and where she goes from here just has so much potential. I absolutely think that she'll return down the line, but I'm not sure in what capacity it'll be.

Overhaul apologising is such a weird concept. Like, where are we going with that? He'll most likely not get a redemption arc (because he only deserves to rot in jail) or anything like that that would cut into screen time. And I don't know if Eri seeing him right now, especially when everything is going to hell, should be a priority. It's a good scene for showing Izuku's outlook and approach to heroics, I'm just a bit weary with how far the apology bit will go, since Overhaul is definitely one of the villains I've never had any sympathy for and only laugh at when bad things happen to him.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Based on Overhaul's whole attitude, it feels clear this is less a "redemption" for him, and mostly the next step in Midoriya understanding his villains. Like we got Muscular who's just an enraged psychopath, and now Overhaul who's a POS but still has some semblance of "morals" and "guilt", and then we'll most likely see the complexities go forward next with the reunions of Stain, Gentle & La Brava, and then the remaining LoVs. Even the apology for Eri will probably be primarily about her getting that last bit of closure rather than attempting to absolve him of anything.

It's crystal clear that nobody there is actually gonna be hurt, so it might be a little weird if they decide to go somewhere else to leave some tension, but it'd at least be an interesting segway. Also side note, it's such a striking image seeing Deku front in centre not just alongside the two heroes who know his secret, but also Mt. Lady, Edgeshot, & Kamui Woods, just paying things no mind. And it really makes me think about what's going on those three's minds, wondering what this kid is doing here.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's crystal clear that nobody there is actually gonna be hurt, so it might be a little weird if they decide to go somewhere else to leave some tension, but it'd at least be an interesting segway. Also side note, it's such a striking image seeing Deku front in centre not just alongside the two heroes who know his secret, but also Mt. Lady, Edgeshot, & Kamui Woods, just paying things no mind. And it really makes me think about what's going on those three's minds, wondering what this kid is doing here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm sure the others were given a reason on why Deku is with them.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

TRAILER FOR THE MOVIE!!!

Lots of clips of the entire class doing stuff.

The Rody Soul character seems like he's some kind of trickster or small time thief character who gets dragged into this whole mess and bonds with Deku. That'd be a fun angle.

The whole thing looks gorgeous.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 06-16-2021 at 02:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Based on Overhaul's whole attitude, it feels clear this is less a "redemption" for him, and mostly the next step in Midoriya understanding his villains. Like we got Muscular who's just an enraged psychopath, and now Overhaul who's a POS but still has some semblance of "morals" and "guilt", and then we'll most likely see the complexities go forward next with the reunions of Stain, Gentle & La Brava, and then the remaining LoVs. Even the apology for Eri will probably be primarily about her getting that last bit of closure rather than attempting to absolve him of anything.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's a good way to view the Overhaul situation. It's not about forgiving him or letting him be redeemed willy nilly. It's about acknowledging that even he has needs and that keeping him from those needs (in this case seeing his boss and apologising for his massive screw up) is ultimately doing more harm than good. Because that exact mentality is how they got Shigaraki, Dabi, Toga, Spinner and Twice, and probably more. It's more complex than that obviously, and there are differences between each individual. But just acknowledging that even villains are people, **** people though they may be, and there's probably a reason for why they are the way they are that you won't find out just from punching them in the face.

It's especially funny with Mt. Lady and Kamui Woods who may or may not recognise Deku as the reckless kid who rushed in to save Bakugo from the sludge villain that one time about a year ago. If they do recognise him I'm imagining that they remember snippets of him showing up in big scenes all year but they don't have the details so they're just wondering what the heck happened here.

Another aspect we haven't talked about. AFO has recruited more specific peope like he did with Lady Nagant. Presumably they're all on par with her in terms of skill but are less squemish about doing evil things. That's a big plot hook and I'm wondering if they're all out to get Deku or if he sent them off on other specific missions. Also, one of the has hair that's similar to Chimera, it's probably isn't Chimera but one can always hope.
    end of spoilers
    [/spoil]

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm sure the others were given a reason on why Deku is with them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh yeah, I imagine it was something like Endeavor telling them "He's with us" and they just accepted it, I just think its funny to think about them being confused at not only why exactly he's with them, but just how different his aura is.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Another aspect we haven't talked about. AFO has recruited more specific peope like he did with Lady Nagant. Presumably they're all on par with her in terms of skill but are less squemish about doing evil things. That's a big plot hook and I'm wondering if they're all out to get Deku or if he sent them off on other specific missions. Also, one of the has hair that's similar to Chimera, it's probably isn't Chimera but one can always hope.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering they only vaguely alluded to Melissa making the Mid-Gauntlets, it feels less likely Chimera will make any "significant" appearance, but even if we get something like a montage of Deku beating villains and Chimera has a cameo as one of them, I think that would be sufficient enough. It will be interesting to see if those other villains end up being, like AFO says, just something to tire Deku out, or if any of them will have some plot significance. I do think with how many villains we still gotta check back up on, it'll be alright if they just turn out to be baddies for him to punch. I wonder if he recruited any of them for assistance in the "current League of Villains" since I imagine Dabi, Spinner, and Skeptic probably can't get too much done on their own.
    end of spoilers

TRAILER FOR THE MOVIE!!!

Lots of clips of the entire class doing stuff.

The Rody Soul character seems like he's some kind of trickster or small time thieve character who gets dragged into this whole mess and bonds with Deku. That'd be a fun angle.

The whole thing looks gorgeous.
    YEEEEESSSSSSSS this is exactly what I wanted!! Glad to see not just as many students as possible, but as many heroes in general. Nice compromise of not too many interactions this time around, but giving them all actions bits all over the world. It's also really fun spotting all the cameos and heroes, Majestic, Shisido, Godzillo, Burnin, etc., so the prospect of them getting to do stuff too is exciting.

The villain, whose name is supposedly "Flect Turn", don't know how I feel about his final design. I love his jacket, but he just has a weird not that intimidating face, especially in comparison to Wolfram and Nine who I think had pretty great designs.

And obviously, this animation is looking gorgeous. Loving how fluid all the simple comedic scenes are too, and Rody looks to be a kind of breath of fresh air for this series. Have no idea what they're gonna do for the climax to even come close to Heroes Rising's but I damn wanna see them try!

Side note, I really hope the League of Villains get a one scene cameo where they're just like "Ya hear somethin" and then move on. Although, with the "Quirk Singularity/Doomsday Theory" being prominent, which was created by Doctor Garaki, plus Trigger which they also have experience with, it would make sense for them to be at least brought up.

The trailer looks very good, but it still has the look that the three populars are going to get all the screentime at the expense of their classmates. Still can't wait to see how Deku is supposed to be a mass murderer.

Subtitled version of the trailer for anyone interested!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Bakugo shouldn't be allowed near Eri, even though the statement is true