Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'm mainly reminded of how, according to the character introduction pages for one of the volumes, Bakugo has no idea who Eri is and I like to think that's still the case.

That fact combined with Horikoshi mentioning how Izuku, Ochako and Eri all have similar facial features has created a semi-joke shipping influenced head-canon of mine. Namely that the first time Bakugo sees Izuku, Ochako and Eri together he has a stupid moment where he's wondering how the nerd and round face already have a six year old kid together, which also pisses him off because that means it's just another thing Deku beat him to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Subtitled version of the trailer for anyone interested!

Always appreciated.

The most interesting bit was Shoto saying that the leader of the cult isn't human. I wonder if he means that in a "he's too much of a horrible person to be considered human" or if there's something actually inhumane about him. Which would be weird since even the Nomus are considered human to a degree.

Extraordinary Member

Ok, so they just straight up seem to be going with the Endeavor internship arc before MVA. Interesting adjustment.

...I'll be honest and say that I find it a wee bit concerning but we'll see how it all pans out.

EDIT: I have now seen this week's episode and am somewhat more open to this. The angle they seem to be going for is that that they're building up the destruction of Deika as a bit of a mystery. Showing vague bits and pieces of it while the main focus is on the internship at Endeavor's agency. It's an interesting way to go about it, and it'll be fun to see how they handle certain scenes going forward.

The movie focusing on the class 1A big three interning with Endeavor might also have something to do with this.

Oh, and we get to hear the new OP in the teaser and it freaking slaps.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 06-19-2021 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Ok, so they just straight up seem to be going with the Endeavor internship arc before MVA. Interesting adjustment.

...I'll be honest and say that I find it a wee bit concerning but we'll see how it all pans out.

EDIT: I have now seen this week's episode and am somewhat more open to this. The angle they seem to be going for is that that they're building up the destruction of Deika as a bit of a mystery. Showing vague bits and pieces of it while the main focus is on the internship at Endeavor's agency. It's an interesting way to go about it, and it'll be fun to see how they handle certain scenes going forward.

The movie focusing on the class 1A big three interning with Endeavor might also have something to do with this.

Yeah, the movie is coming out 6th August, so they wouldn't get MVA done in around 6 weeks.

This is all a really weird surprise that they're going for this very different approach. Like you mentioned, it's possible they want to introduce the idea of the Endeavor Agency into the anime ASAP so it becomes more understandable for the 3rd movie.

At this point, with the soundtrack, the blu-rays, and even the end of the trailer, confirm that we ARE getting MVA, they aren't just gonna skip over it like alot are worried about, it's mainly a question of when it's gonna start (If they're going all the way up to the Ending fight I can't see it being more than 4 episodes). I know this is definitively gonna add to everyone's anticipation with how secretive they are, so hopefully they pull out all the stops there. If the tease at the beginning of this episode is how they end the season, I'd say that'd be very satisfying.

And yeah OP's sounding pretty cool, though I hope they still change it for MVA, since I don't think it fits them as well.

Extraordinary Member

This is all a really weird surprise that they're going for this very different approach. Like you mentioned, it's possible they want to introduce the idea of the Endeavor Agency into the anime ASAP so it becomes more understandable for the 3rd movie.

At this point, with the soundtrack, the blu-rays, and even the end of the trailer, confirm that we ARE getting MVA, they aren't just gonna skip over it like alot are worried about, it's mainly a question of when it's gonna start (If they're going all the way up to the Ending fight I can't see it being more than 4 episodes). I know this is definitively gonna add to everyone's anticipation with how secretive they are, so hopefully they pull out all the stops there. If the tease at the beginning of this episode is how they end the season, I'd say that'd be very satisfying.

And yeah OP's sounding pretty cool, though I hope they still change it for MVA, since I don't think it fits them as well.
    3-4 episodes of the Endeavor internship arc followed by like 8-9 episodes of MVA sounds plausible.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle certain scenes, like Hawks' visit to the PLF HQ and when he hands over Destro's book to Endeavor. Especially if they're going to keep it like a mystery and not reveal who's in charge of the PLF, and I wonder when they'll put in the Deternat commercial. A lot of uncertainties which has me a bit concerned but also kinda excited to see how Bones puts it all together.

I also think that a different OP might be more fitting for MVA. I really hope that they can fit in some equivalent to the LoV replacing Hero with Villain in the title or Shigaraki decaying the series title. Just something to show that the villains are taking over now.

Also, this means we've now gotten to the point where you could realistically watch Heroes Rising alongside the anime, either after Episode 12 or 13. Since technically, the events of HR take place DURING Ep. 13, when Nezu tells Aizawa about the Commission's "other program", referencing the Class' trip which is followed by "a few days later", so I think watching right after one of those two episodes would fit best. Plus, the movie also keeps pretty vague regarding the League and the MLA already too, so it'd fit right in with this weird structure as well.

spoilers:
    The Heroes and the Lurkers escape the explosion and discuss their new move. The Lurkers, who also know the secret of OFA, suggest revealing the truth to more Heroes, but decide against it with more heroes like Death Arms retiring due to all the stress, and not wanting to put even more of a burden on Midoriya. Shoto also attempts to make contact with Endeavor, but is ignored.

Elsewhere, Midoriya easily dispatches the second assassin while All Might tries to get him to rest. Midoriya insists that now he can "handle" 100% of OFA, he doesn't need to watch over him anymore, as he leaves him behind, despite All Might desperately trying to call out to him. Stain, meanwhile, overhears the two. Sometime later, rumours spread of a mysterious being that helps people but looks nothing like a Hero, as a monstrous Deku prowls the streets.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Found it really funny how quick my question of "what are the Lurkers doing here?" was answered, they just simply know the secret too. On the one hand, I find it kinda disappointing we aren't getting to see everyone's reactions, for how big this secret is treated you'd think they'd all have pretty interesting reactions and questions about it. Even then at least, I do like that these 3 are very casual regarding the truth, and despite how much trouble they're dealing with, they know Midoriya's safety is most important. I also like that they're able to make you feel bad for Death Arms. It's bad that he's retiring, but you also can't blame him with all the stress he's dealing with, admitting that he is just human.

Then of course you got the great "how the tables have turned" moments. First now Endeavor is the one ghosting Shoto on the phone, which I couldn't help but chuckle at. But then you have the other side where All Might is in Nighteye's shoes yelling at Midoriya to stop, and especially when it gets to the page of him trying to reach out and falling, gotta admit that really hurts, just seeing how far they've all fallen. And then Stain being there has so many possible followups.

And finally, "Dark Deku" has truly emerged and it's terrifying, once again showing how scary Blackwhip can really be. I feel like at this point, this arc has to end with Class 1-A returning to beat the crap out of him until he finally realizes what he's doing and learn to accept their help.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Also, this means we've now gotten to the point where you could realistically watch Heroes Rising alongside the anime, either after Episode 12 or 13. Since technically, the events of HR take place DURING Ep. 13, when Nezu tells Aizawa about the Commission's "other program", referencing the Class' trip which is followed by "a few days later", so I think watching right after one of those two episodes would fit best. Plus, the movie also keeps pretty vague regarding the League and the MLA already too, so it'd fit right in with this weird structure as well.
    Slotting that into the eventual rewatch-list, because I still want that chronological binge of the series when all is said and done. It's a bit weird when you consider that the third movie should be happening within the next few episodes as well, or maybe it's happening in that timeskip between the internship and the big raid. It might be best to watch it all with someone who's interested but haven't seen it all yet. Just to see how somebody who hasn't seen the original order reacts.
    spoilers:
    Found it really funny how quick my question of "what are the Lurkers doing here?" was answered, they just simply know the secret too. On the one hand, I find it kinda disappointing we aren't getting to see everyone's reactions, for how big this secret is treated you'd think they'd all have pretty interesting reactions and questions about it. Even then at least, I do like that these 3 are very casual regarding the truth, and despite how much trouble they're dealing with, they know Midoriya's safety is most important. I also like that they're able to make you feel bad for Death Arms. It's bad that he's retiring, but you also can't blame him with all the stress he's dealing with, admitting that he is just human.

Then of course you got the great "how the tables have turned" moments. First now Endeavor is the one ghosting Shoto on the phone, which I couldn't help but chuckle at. But then you have the other side where All Might is in Nighteye's shoes yelling at Midoriya to stop, and especially when it gets to the page of him trying to reach out and falling, gotta admit that really hurts, just seeing how far they've all fallen. And then Stain being there has so many possible followups.

And finally, "Dark Deku" has truly emerged and it's terrifying, once again showing how scary Blackwhip can really be. I feel like at this point, this arc has to end with Class 1-A returning to beat the crap out of him until he finally realizes what he's doing and learn to accept their help.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Lurkers being up to speed and casual about is funny and maybe a bit of a missed opportunity. But I would've been sorta miffed if they're reaction to it got more screen time than that of Deku's friends. Death Arms is one of those side characters that's just been around here and there. You see him, recognise him and you're glad that he's still doing ok. Him being around since the first chapter also enhances that feeling. He's a bit harsh towards Deku there but he's a reliable and good guy at heart. So to see him just give up on the good fight is just a little heart-breaking. But he's reasoning is also interesting to the bigger picture. He's realised that he's "just a man" and thinks that that isn't enough, that he's not enough. But that's exactly what society at large needs to learn. That despite the grand titles, heroes are just men and women doing their best.

Lots of great call backs indeed. It's a bit of a chilling subversion of the whole "look how far we've come" trope. I really like the ambiguity of Stain's cameo as it's very uncertain if he's been following Deku or All Might and if he's intending to join up with the only two he considers true heroes or if he's aiming for something else. A Deku/Stain team-up would be great though.

Deku is looking really bad now, in a super-cool but very unhealthy way. And he's building such a rep that people on the streets are talking about him in a manner that's very reminiscent of Batman. I'm mainly wondering was the seven people inside of him are saying to him right now because he is clearly going too far and they are the only emotional support he has at the moment! And I do not think that the class kicking his ass would be good. There should be yelling and maybe some head-smacking but also hugs, headpats and assurances that he doesn't have to do this alone. And most of it should come from the person who is going to save heroes and can chase him into the sky. In other words, Ochako really needs to get ahold of her self-sacrificing boy friend.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    In other words, Ochako really needs to get ahold of her self-sacrificing boy friend.
    end of spoilers
    Deku: "I'm so edgy now. I have an attitude. It's what I do. I'm edgy. I have an attitude. I'm miserable, edgy and tired and...wait. I sense something. A presence. One I haven't felt since...

Ochako :"Deeeeekuuuuuuuu!"

Ochako enters via breaking through the damn wall and flinging herself right at Deku!

Ochako: "LET ME SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH!"

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

spoilers:
    Deku is getting darker, grimmer, the fact we don't even see his face is creepy.
    end of spoilers

Slotting that into the eventual rewatch-list, because I still want that chronological binge of the series when all is said and done. It's a bit weird when you consider that the third movie should be happening within the next few episodes as well, or maybe it's happening in that timeskip between the internship and the big raid. It might be best to watch it all with someone who's interested but haven't seen it all yet. Just to see how somebody who hasn't seen the original order reacts.
    The third movie is almost certainly going to chronologically be within that two month time period before the War, because it makes absolutely no sense to try and squeeze that into this first week when you have all that free time available. (It's not confirmed but it's also commonly assumed the Team-Up Missions spin-off takes place during this time too). There's also little hints within the trailer, Deku freely using Blackwhip, Hawks and Tokoyami together, etc. which also imply that's the case. If anything it seems at least Worlds Heroes Mission will be perfectly in line for anime onlys, unlike with Heroes Rising which I feel is much harder to jump into for anime onlys.

spoilers:
    Deku is looking really bad now, in a super-cool but very unhealthy way. And he's building such a rep that people on the streets are talking about him in a manner that's very reminiscent of Batman. I'm mainly wondering was the seven people inside of him are saying to him right now because he is clearly going too far and they are the only emotional support he has at the moment! And I do not think that the class kicking his ass would be good. There should be yelling and maybe some head-smacking but also hugs, headpats and assurances that he doesn't have to do this alone. And most of it should come from the person who is going to save heroes and can chase him into the sky. In other words, Ochako really needs to get ahold of her self-sacrificing boy friend.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's what I was wondering too, like what all the wielders doing at this time? Unless the answer is simply because Deku's getting too worn out and enraged he's lost that connection so they can't actually talk to him right now, which would make sense, especially since it's clear AFO is doing all this to make OFA easier to still anyway.

I don't think the obvious intention would be for the Class to wanna fight him, but I can definitively see this Deku being so blinded that he'd resort to beating them up if they're in his way, and that will end up being the final straw that will lead to him stopping and embracing them again.

This is also the absolute perfect time to bring in Deku Vs. Bakugo Round 3. We go from the first round where Bakugo's just an unstoppable bastard with Deku as the underdog we cheer on to finally beat him up. With round 2, they're both fairly equally matched power wise, and thanks to his emotional reconciliation, their fight is also pretty equal on who you're "rooting" for, even if Deku probably edges out a bit. But now here, you'd have Deku as the unstoppable maniac on a whole different power scale, and Bakugo is the one we'd be rooting for to beat the crap out of him and get him to listen to reason. It'd be a genuinely brilliant reversal. Plus we could get stuff like the other students getting themselves hurt, just like he always did for them, and we already saw how he reacted when he accidentally hurt Ochaco with Blackwhip, so what happens when he intentionally does so?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    That's what I was wondering too, like what all the wielders doing at this time? Unless the answer is simply because Deku's getting too worn out and enraged he's lost that connection so they can't actually talk to him right now, which would make sense, especially since it's clear AFO is doing all this to make OFA easier to still anyway.

I don't think the obvious intention would be for the Class to wanna fight him, but I can definitively see this Deku being so blinded that he'd resort to beating them up if they're in his way, and that will end up being the final straw that will lead to him stopping and embracing them again.

This is also the absolute perfect time to bring in Deku Vs. Bakugo Round 3. We go from the first round where Bakugo's just an unstoppable bastard with Deku as the underdog we cheer on to finally beat him up. With round 2, they're both fairly equally matched power wise, and thanks to his emotional reconciliation, their fight is also pretty equal on who you're "rooting" for, even if Deku probably edges out a bit. But now here, you'd have Deku as the unstoppable maniac on a whole different power scale, and Bakugo is the one we'd be rooting for to beat the crap out of him and get him to listen to reason. It'd be a genuinely brilliant reversal. Plus we could get stuff like the other students getting themselves hurt, just like he always did for them, and we already saw how he reacted when he accidentally hurt Ochaco with Blackwhip, so what happens when he intentionally does so?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Definitely a possiblity. I'm also thinking that Deku is willingly ignoring them for anything besides advice relating to combat and how to use their quirks.

There's absolutely a confrontation coming between Deku and his friends. Not sure if it'll be only major friends or the entire class. Either option is possible and has interesting story beats lined up.

A round 3 where Bakugo is the voice of reason and Deku's sanity hinges on his reformed bully beating the overwhelming power and versatility of One For All handicapped by Deku's physical exhaustion and fractured mental state would be quite the interesting reversal indeed. Just one problem... I would 100% root for Deku to beat the absolute **** out of Bakugo even in that situation, maybe even bring up some deeply buried resentment towards him and throw it in his face. I'd also be a bit annoyed if Bakugo actually did manage to overcome OFA all on his own. That's taking his capabilities a bit too far for me. And pummeling Deku into submission here isn't the right narrative call if you ask me. Fighting him should fail and somebody desperately reaching out to his common sense should save the day if you ask me.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 06-22-2021 at 04:35 AM.

spoilers:
    Definitely a possiblity. I'm also thinking that Deku is willingly ignoring them for anything besides advice relating to combat and how to use their quirks.

There's absolutely a confrontation coming between Deku and his friends. Not sure if it'll be only major friends or the entire class. Either option is possible and has interesting story beats lined up.

A round 3 where Bakugo is the voice of reason and Deku's sanity hinges on his reformed bully beating the overwhelming power and versatility of One For All handicapped by Deku's physical exhaustion and fractured mental state would be quite the interesting reversal indeed. Just one problem... I would 100% root for Deku to beat the absolute **** out of Bakugo even in that situation, maybe even bring up some deeply buried resentment towards him and throw it in his face. I'd also be a bit annoyed if Bakugo actually did manage to overcome OFA all on his own. That's taking his capabilities a bit too far for me. And pummeling Deku into submission here isn't the right narrative call if you ask me. Fighting him should fail and somebody desperately reaching out to his common sense should save the day if you ask me.
    end of spoilers
    [/spoil]
    spoilers:
    Yeah I would be rooting for Deku as well. He could finally get revenge of Bakugo for all the things he had done to him (as shown in his diary in SMASH! Vol 4), however he probably would go too far and that would snap him back. Also if there is a comfortation between Deku and his class, it should be all of them, including Shinso in his hero costume.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do agree that in this instance would be the perfect opportunity for Deku to finally bring up that deep buried resentment, and have this enraged state say things his normal self never would. I've also seen so many Spider-Man stories where he takes on all the responsibility and becomes a self-sacrificing martyr and I'm always like "JUST LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS", which is why I've always been on the "talk/beat some sense into them and get them to listen to reason!" side.

Though I don't think in here he or any of his classmates would actually succeed in beating him physically in the fight. Again, I think it's more of a case of tiring him out until he realizes what he's doing to everyone, and specifically himself, to calm down and let them save him this time. Bakugo was the easy option to think about because of rule of threes, but Iida, Shoto, and Ochaco are all equally important in their relationship so they'd need to have big face-off moments too.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah I would be rooting for Deku as well. He could finally get revenge of Bakugo for all the things he had done to him (as shown in his diary in SMASH! Vol 4), however he probably would go too far and that would snap him back. Also if there is a comfortation between Deku and his class, it should be all of them, including Shinso in his hero costume.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would be the perfect reveal for Shinso's hero costume, one of the classmates yells something at Deku, he responds back, he's suddenly brainwashed, and then Shinso appears out of the crowd among everyone.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I do agree that in this instance would be the perfect opportunity for Deku to finally bring up that deep buried resentment, and have this enraged state say things his normal self never would. I've also seen so many Spider-Man stories where he takes on all the responsibility and becomes a self-sacrificing martyr and I'm always like "JUST LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS", which is why I've always been on the "talk/beat some sense into them and get them to listen to reason!" side.

Though I don't think in here he or any of his classmates would actually succeed in beating him physically in the fight. Again, I think it's more of a case of tiring him out until he realizes what he's doing to everyone, and specifically himself, to calm down and let them save him this time. Bakugo was the easy option to think about because of rule of threes, but Iida, Shoto, and Ochaco are all equally important in their relationship so they'd need to have big face-off moments too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Combining talking and fighting would probably be the most entertaining way of doing it. Which could be cool for all parties. Deku gets to hold off his entire class on his own even after being mentally and physically exhausted, and should the class triumph they'll have won against One For All. Caveats abound, but those are ok.

Oooh, I'd want to see a bit where Deku is using Black Whip to keep the class at bay, kinda like an intentional version of the first time it manifested, but Ochako just charges straight forward. It didn't stop her the first time and it won't stop her this time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would be the perfect reveal for Shinso's hero costume, one of the classmates yells something at Deku, he responds back, he's suddenly brainwashed, and then Shinso appears out of the crowd among everyone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would be so cool! Combine it with the proposed Ochako moment above and you've got a great call back scene.
    end of spoilers