Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
spoilers:
I've also seen alot of people note that Deku's eyes through the hoodie look very much like All Might's (specifically when he's pissed), so that's another nice visual connection.

It just keeps becoming more like the Avatar state than it already was, though I do like that, unlike the Avatars who have their very mystical otherworldly aura to them when talking to Aang/Korra, the OFA users are alot more casual and feel like actual people. Well, AFO's Brother and Nana do carry that presence with them, but Hikage, En, and especially Banjo are all just extremely chill and fun dudes, and have that levity that can help Midoriya relax.

And to be fair, I feel like the fact that Blackwhip was what emerged first, and with just how much he used it during the PLF, they know how useful Blackwhip is, I think it's mostly about him not overusing or over-relying on it, and that his versatility is his greatest asset.
end of spoilers
spoilers:
Nana and the first have very personal connections to Shigaraki and AFO respectively, and Nana was the teacher of Izuku's idol, so it kinda makes sense that they're a bit more on the serious and mythical side. Hikage, En and Banjo are indeed just dudes that happened to be available to receive OFA and are thus a bit more closely related to Izuku's situation without as much personal baggage as Nana and the first, so it also makes sense that they're acting more like cool uncles/mentors here. I like that balance and think it's really healthy for Izuku to have those differing attitudes guiding him. Which'll make it really interesting when we see what the deal is with the remaining two and what they bring to the teacher table.

Blackwhip does seem like the most complex quirk of the bunch so far, since it has so many functions. So Izuku having more time to get used to it was probably for the best as well. Not that the other quirks don't come with their own challenges in usage, but I don't think that they're as tricky to use as Blackwhip.
end of spoilers
Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
spoilers:
There's also of course the Spider-Man connection, he's got Danger Sense like Spidey Sense, Blackwhip is like webs/Venom, Float like Spider-Woman. Smokescreen is just the weird outlier.

I also really like how this helps distinguish Midoriya/One For All as the opposite of All For One, who pretty much only possesses "power" quirks, which is only really primarily used for attacking, while all of OFA's are basically support abilities, so Midoriya still needs to focus on his own techniques and skills, being creative in his combos, rather than relying on pure power.

Another side point: I liked that Midoriya went out of his way to learn Muscular's real name, since it not only hints he does have some access to some kind of information to let him learn more about the villains, while also allowing him to understand and humanize with them more. Very similar to the Hawks and Twice confrontation, when Hawks kept referring to him by his real name to talk him down as well.
end of spoilers
spoilers:
With his quirks, especially Float, and current getup with the cape I was starting to think that Izuku might be a combination of Spider-man and Superman, but with Smokescreen it's looking more like a combo of Spider-man and Batman, only you replace the tools with quirks. Has me wondering what the other two quirks will be. Some type of enhanced vision still seems plausible without breaking the support oriented focus of the quirks.

That's a good point. Izuku already has all the raw power he needs from OFA strength boosting capabilities, but even with that he's often used his cleverness to deal with his opponents. So all these support really play to his natural strengths and ensures that he won't just be causing bigger and bigger explosions as the story goes on.

I love that aspect too. It's so fresh to see a main character go off on his own and be a bit more serious, but not so that he can become harder and grittier in his approach to taking down the bad guys. But so that he can learn what makes the bad guys tick and figure out if he can save them as well, and if that's a worthwhile endeavor.
end of spoilers
Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
spoilers:
That's a really good point, of course he has flipped from needing to keep up with his peers to being more powerful that most of them.
end of spoilers
spoilers:
This is true.

While the added quirks are more support oriented they do still push him ahead of most of his classmates.
end of spoilers