Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
    Incredible Member

To be honest I was fearing there was LESS than one year left for the series. It's more than enough time to wrap everything up nicely. People should stop having unreal expectations though, I don't think we're gonna have a 10 chapter epilogue, can you imagine dragging that on for almost three whole months? Some people will get angry becase we won't be told what happens with every character in detail. Most probably, most of the big plots are going to wrap up in the final battle. There's probably going to be extra material in the collected edition as well.

The only thing this series needs to stick the landing is a satisfactory emotional payoff to the big, important plot threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    To be honest I was fearing there was LESS than one year left for the series. It's more than enough time to wrap everything up nicely. People should stop having unreal expectations though, I don't think we're gonna have a 10 chapter epilogue, can you imagine dragging that on for almost three whole months? Some people will get angry becase we won't be told what happens with every character in detail. Most probably, most of the big plots are going to wrap up in the final battle. There's probably going to be extra material in the collected edition as well.

The only thing this series needs to stick the landing is a satisfactory emotional payoff to the big, important plot threads.
    I personally think we'll probably need a 10 or so chapter epilogue, just because I feel like you can't just conclude with Shiggy and/or AFO being defeated and then end it there. There's still so much about the societal issues that go beyond just the "Big Bad" that I think they'd need to address in some way. All the "where do we go from here" questions, like dealing with the Quirk racism, how they handle heroism, the Quirk Singularity, the way the laws and society are functioned, etc., like how they already brought up the issue about the relationship between civilians and heroes. I don't think they need to go fully in depth and answer all these questions, but I think at least showing some of the rebuild process is necessary for the most satisfying conclusion. (And then I'm probably expecting final chapter to be a flash forward to their graduation, however that may be, just because it feels like almost all big manga endings like this have to end with a flash forward epilogue)

Extraordinary Member

I'm personally still thinking that a final movie that's set maybe a year or two after the kids graduate would be a neat send-off.

It's not 100% necessary, but it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm personally still thinking that a final movie that's set maybe a year or two after the kids graduate would be a neat send-off.

It's not 100% necessary, but it could be fun.
    I like that idea.