Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Team-Up Missions definitely feels like basically the School Briefs stories, but now drawn and with some more action focus. I agree they don't really go as far with the unusual team-ups as they could've, like some of those ideas you mentioned, instead it's mostly about giving spotlight to certain characters with familiar dynamics.

The 2nd volume, which comes out in English in January, has stuff like Midoriya teaming up with Tokoyami & Kuroiro, an Ojiro & Toru spotlight chapter, a fun one with Bakugo, Todoroki, Kirishima, and Camie at an amusement park, and one that's just Monoma harassing 1-A like usual. And apparently future chapters include a Mt. Lady/Kamui Woods spotlight, a Shinso spotlight, and a Body Swap chapter, so definitely still some fun things here and there.
    I will admit that it didn't help that I'd read little half of the volume's content already, which in this case did take away the excitement for most of the chapters. So if I'm gonna buy future volumes I might just not read any individual chapters.

All of the stuff you mentioned sounds like fun times (I can never get enough of Monoma being a little douche-troll). And one sounds really interesting with the recent development in mind.
    It's a shame Viz/SJ only wait until the English volume comes out till they put them on the app, instead of actually updating it as the chapters are released. Especially because, based on how the releases have been, seems like we'll only be getting 1 volume a year, and nobody online seems to post any scans or translations of the chapters, so there's no real way to read them. I had to buy the French copy of Volume 2 and slowly self-translate it in order to try and read it haha. So it'll be good to finally get it officially!
    Wow, nice dedication there. It's also funny that the french volume came out before the english one.

It's a shame Viz/SJ only wait until the English volume comes out till they put them on the app, instead of actually updating it as the chapters are released. Especially because, based on how the releases have been, seems like we'll only be getting 1 volume a year, and nobody online seems to post any scans or translations of the chapters, so there's no real way to read them. I had to buy the French copy of Volume 2 and slowly self-translate it in order to try and read it haha. So it'll be good to finally get it officially!
    That's insane and very dedicated

So, spoilers:
    Hagakure was the red herring. Aoyama was the traitor all along!
    end of spoilers

Nice swerve, Horikoshi. I approve.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Wow, nice dedication there. It's also funny that the french volume came out before the english one.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That's insane and very dedicated
    Thanks, haha. I was so tempted to wanna read it I just went for it. It's also really weird that there's actually alot of French-exclusive MHA products out there, some Japanese exclusive books that never made it over here, and some volume collections featuring cover art by Marvel artists.

I won't mention any spoilers yet until the release on Sunday, but I did wanna post for now the Popularity Poll results, since those are also out. The usual are still here: Bakugo, Midoriya, and Todoroki as your Top 3, Kirishima, Hawks, Iida, and Aizawa, filling the other obvious slots. The two weird bubble choices are Present Mic at 8th and Shinso at 10th. Shinso kinda makes sense thanks to Season 5, Mic is a little weird to see, but he's always been consistently good so I don't mind seeing him.

But the absolute genuine surprise here, is Rody Soul being at #9. A movie original character making it onto one of these alone is amazing, but Rody's such a great character in the film that it's a shock definitely deserving. Rody and Pino also directly being the inspiration for the art, with every character getting their "animal persona" to accompany them, its incredibly cool, and this is some more really nice art.

RPebZKQ.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Thanks, haha. I was so tempted to wanna read it I just went for it. It's also really weird that there's actually alot of French-exclusive MHA products out there, some Japanese exclusive books that never made it over here, and some volume collections featuring cover art by Marvel artists.

I won't mention any spoilers yet until the release on Sunday, but I did wanna post for now the Popularity Poll results, since those are also out. The usual are still here: Bakugo, Midoriya, and Todoroki as your Top 3, Kirishima, Hawks, Iida, and Aizawa, filling the other obvious slots. The two weird bubble choices are Present Mic at 8th and Shinso at 10th. Shinso kinda makes sense thanks to Season 5, Mic is a little weird to see, but he's always been consistently good so I don't mind seeing him.

But the absolute genuine surprise here, is Rody Soul being at #9. A movie original character making it onto one of these alone is amazing, but Rody's such a great character in the film that it's a shock definitely deserving. Rody and Pino also directly being the inspiration for the art, with every character getting their "animal persona" to accompany them, its incredibly cool, and this is some more really nice art.

RPebZKQ.jpg
    I'm really glad that Rody got into the top 10 since it means that he resonated that much with the audience, and it's great knowing that we're not the only ones who really liked him. I also really like that while Rody and Pino are the thematic inspiration for the rest of the people in the poll getting their own animal partners it's only Rody who has his little cartoon bird. Everybody else got these super realistic looking badass animal companions. That's just funnny to me.

Little disappointed that none of the gals got into the top 10 this time, but what are you gonna do.

I'm really glad that Rody got into the top 10 since it means that he resonated that much with the audience, and it's great knowing that we're not the only ones who really liked him. I also really like that while Rody and Pino are the thematic inspiration for the rest of the people in the poll getting their own animal partners it's only Rody who has his little cartoon bird. Everybody else got these super realistic looking badass animal companions. That's just funnny to me.

Little disappointed that none of the gals got into the top 10 this time, but what are you gonna do.
    Yeah, no ladies is disappointing

spoilers:
    Class 1-A continue their training, honing in their new skills, before Midoriya goes off to look for someone. Meanwhile, Toru is in the forest investigating when she stumbles upon an encounter with three people revealing the identity of the "U.A. Traitor": Yuga Aoyama. His parents tearfully tell him they've received another order from All For One and need to follow it or else they'll all die. Their conversation reveals that Yuga was born Quirkless, and was given his Navel Laser Quirk by All For One. They also confirm he helped in getting the League into USJ, as well as leaking the location of the Training Camp. Midoriya ends up finding the Aoyamas, having been looking for Yuga after seeing him acting weird and after being told the truth by Toru. With the guilt wearing down on him, Yuga admits to Midoriya he is the traitor.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Soooo yeah, Horikoshi trolled us and faked everyone out, Toru was just a red herring and Aoyama is the traitor. Which I am very happy for because I called it! Been a firm believer of this theory for a while and to see it come true is so satisfying! And even then, he still manages to throw in a twist I didn't expect, that Aoyama was Quirkless too, which now perfectly explains why his Quirk barely worked for him. I love it because this now recontextualizes every previous Aoyama moment and conversation, knowing how he really feels and what's been going on. This is a great revelation and I'm excited to see where it ends up next. I imagine, after everything Midoriya has been through, he's going to understand Aoyama isn't actually a "villain", and will be able to help him out of this situation.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Well Yuga is the traitor not Hagakure. Again the clues were there but we choose to ignore them. The artwork was great with Yuga looking like he's practically melting with all the tears.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, spoilers:
    Hagakure was the red herring. Aoyama was the traitor all along!
    end of spoilers

Nice swerve, Horikoshi. I approve.
    spoilers:
    It was always going to be one of the two ever since they had weird stories about the USJ attack. And in all honesty Aoyama is probably the more emotional choice.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Soooo yeah, Horikoshi trolled us and faked everyone out, Toru was just a red herring and Aoyama is the traitor. Which I am very happy for because I called it! Been a firm believer of this theory for a while and to see it come true is so satisfying! And even then, he still manages to throw in a twist I didn't expect, that Aoyama was Quirkless too, which now perfectly explains why his Quirk barely worked for him. I love it because this now recontextualizes every previous Aoyama moment and conversation, knowing how he really feels and what's been going on. This is a great revelation and I'm excited to see where it ends up next. I imagine, after everything Midoriya has been through, he's going to understand Aoyama isn't actually a "villain", and will be able to help him out of this situation.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aoyama was on second place as the traitor for me. But I will admit that with the amount of focus he's gotten here and there it makes for a more compelling narrative, especially with the revelations this chapter. I do kinda want to go back and re-read all of Aoyama's scenes with this in mind. Even his notable but large innocuous introduction at Izuku's entrance exam is kinda sus now.

I'm curious to how AFO is going to enact his threat to kill mama and papa Aoyama, or rather how they think he's going to enact it. They're in a largely safe space now (though he can contact them) so is just a general threat that they fear as civilians or a more specific thing he's looming over their heads? And what is AFO going to do now that his inside informant has been uncovered. I agree that Izuku will be able to understand Aoyama and where he's coming from for a variety of reasons. What's going to happen to our little francophile after Izuku's calmed him down will be interesting.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Aoyama was on second place as the traitor for me. But I will admit that with the amount of focus he's gotten here and there it makes for a more compelling narrative, especially with the revelations this chapter. I do kinda want to go back and re-read all of Aoyama's scenes with this in mind. Even his notable but large innocuous introduction at Izuku's entrance exam is kinda sus now.

I'm curious to how AFO is going to enact his threat to kill mama and papa Aoyama, or rather how they think he's going to enact it. They're in a largely safe space now (though he can contact them) so is just a general threat that they fear as civilians or a more specific thing he's looming over their heads? And what is AFO going to do now that his inside informant has been uncovered. I agree that Izuku will be able to understand Aoyama and where he's coming from for a variety of reasons. What's going to happen to our little francophile after Izuku's calmed him down will be interesting.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Re-watching the first couple episodes does make it so much more interesting, especially since before USJ, Aoyama was put on the same level as Bakugo, Uraraka, and Ida in terms of relevancy in the class. The lines and moments don't seem to have as clear of foreshadowing as later moments do, but it really paints parts like him saving Midoriya from a robot while also taunting his lack of skill in a new light. Probably the biggest re-contextualizion is the flashback to him as a child when he's crying about why he's "different", which we thought was because of the bellybutton thing, but NOW we know he's talking about being Quirkless. That's clever writing.

I think it'd be really cool if they end up using Aoyama's revelation to their advantage. Since just earlier they were talking about how they have no real way to find AFO, but now they have someone with direct connections to him, so it's possible they could use that in someway. And I wonder if AFO has any other students or people within U.A. he could use as moles, I doubt Aoyama was the only one he did this to.
    end of spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS-0...el=MrFanBoy3.0

So this scene hits a different note given who the traitor is revealed to be. I can't believe Horikoshi dropped such obvious foreshadowing this early in the manga's storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS-0...el=MrFanBoy3.0

So this scene hits a different note given who the traitor is revealed to be. I can't believe Horikoshi dropped such obvious foreshadowing this early in the manga's storyline.
    It seems that the signs were all there, but many of us ignored them.

Extraordinary Member

New character for the second DLC season of One's Justice 2. In a delightful surprise it's... Present Mic.

He's looks real neat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It seems that the signs were all there, but many of us ignored them.
    It was actually one of the more common theories for this part.

Two down three to go