Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 208
  1. #181
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I've also seen alot of people note that Deku's eyes through the hoodie look very much like All Might's (specifically when he's pissed), so that's another nice visual connection.

    It just keeps becoming more like the Avatar state than it already was, though I do like that, unlike the Avatars who have their very mystical otherworldly aura to them when talking to Aang/Korra, the OFA users are alot more casual and feel like actual people. Well, AFO's Brother and Nana do carry that presence with them, but Hikage, En, and especially Banjo are all just extremely chill and fun dudes, and have that levity that can help Midoriya relax.

    And to be fair, I feel like the fact that Blackwhip was what emerged first, and with just how much he used it during the PLF, they know how useful Blackwhip is, I think it's mostly about him not overusing or over-relying on it, and that his versatility is his greatest asset.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Nana and the first have very personal connections to Shigaraki and AFO respectively, and Nana was the teacher of Izuku's idol, so it kinda makes sense that they're a bit more on the serious and mythical side. Hikage, En and Banjo are indeed just dudes that happened to be available to receive OFA and are thus a bit more closely related to Izuku's situation without as much personal baggage as Nana and the first, so it also makes sense that they're acting more like cool uncles/mentors here. I like that balance and think it's really healthy for Izuku to have those differing attitudes guiding him. Which'll make it really interesting when we see what the deal is with the remaining two and what they bring to the teacher table.

    Blackwhip does seem like the most complex quirk of the bunch so far, since it has so many functions. So Izuku having more time to get used to it was probably for the best as well. Not that the other quirks don't come with their own challenges in usage, but I don't think that they're as tricky to use as Blackwhip.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    There's also of course the Spider-Man connection, he's got Danger Sense like Spidey Sense, Blackwhip is like webs/Venom, Float like Spider-Woman. Smokescreen is just the weird outlier.

    I also really like how this helps distinguish Midoriya/One For All as the opposite of All For One, who pretty much only possesses "power" quirks, which is only really primarily used for attacking, while all of OFA's are basically support abilities, so Midoriya still needs to focus on his own techniques and skills, being creative in his combos, rather than relying on pure power.

    Another side point: I liked that Midoriya went out of his way to learn Muscular's real name, since it not only hints he does have some access to some kind of information to let him learn more about the villains, while also allowing him to understand and humanize with them more. Very similar to the Hawks and Twice confrontation, when Hawks kept referring to him by his real name to talk him down as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With his quirks, especially Float, and current getup with the cape I was starting to think that Izuku might be a combination of Spider-man and Superman, but with Smokescreen it's looking more like a combo of Spider-man and Batman, only you replace the tools with quirks. Has me wondering what the other two quirks will be. Some type of enhanced vision still seems plausible without breaking the support oriented focus of the quirks.

    That's a good point. Izuku already has all the raw power he needs from OFA strength boosting capabilities, but even with that he's often used his cleverness to deal with his opponents. So all these support really play to his natural strengths and ensures that he won't just be causing bigger and bigger explosions as the story goes on.

    I love that aspect too. It's so fresh to see a main character go off on his own and be a bit more serious, but not so that he can become harder and grittier in his approach to taking down the bad guys. But so that he can learn what makes the bad guys tick and figure out if he can save them as well, and if that's a worthwhile endeavor.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    That's a really good point, of course he has flipped from needing to keep up with his peers to being more powerful that most of them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is true.

    While the added quirks are more support oriented they do still push him ahead of most of his classmates.
    end of spoilers

  2. #182
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    spoilers:
    Midoriya drops off the defeated Muscular at a police station before quickly heading off to meet up with All Might. We learn that the braces on his arms are "Mid-Gauntlets", support items from America meant to help with his endurance, but are unable to withstand 100% punches. All Might receives a call from Hawks, who's dealing with a villain alongside Endeavor and Best Jeanist, as Midoriya heads off once again.

    In a flashback, we learn that Midoriya's injuries are nowhere as severe as they initially believed due to a combination of most of the damage coming from the outside, using Blackwhip to support said injuries, and the overall increased strength in his body since. Midoriya and All Might tell Inko the truth about One For All, as well as Midoriya's decision to leave U.A, due to Shigaraki's capability of finding him whenever they want. Inko disapproves and is scared for his safety, but Midoriya reassures he just wants to be able to help others and he will be back. All Might also declares about joining him, and in collaboration with the Top 3 Heroes, they decide to use Midoriya to lure out the League of Villains themselves rather than wait for them to be ready. Midoriya also tells Gran Torino about Nana, who gives him his scarf and tells him that death can also be a form of salvation.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    This was the typical transitional chapter, just re-explaining some things and setting things up for later. Firstly, we get the pretty much all but confirmation that these braces are a new version of Melissa's Gauntlets. I can understand why she doesn't need to be name dropped, just the design being the same and knowing it's from America is all we really need, and it's overall good connective tissue showing them take advantage of all their available resources to help them out.

    They also did a decent job explaining how he's still able to move his arms despite the supposed warnings, which is simply just because his body's stronger than before and he was more careful. We got the long awaited confrontation with Inko, it was much shorter than expected, but the page juxtaposing little Izuku and his mom, and him comforting her in the present is incredibly heartfelt.

    It's also a pretty smart plan they have overall, instead of hiding Midoriya somewhere until the time is right, use him to track down the League of Villains directly, so they can pretty much dispose of all their backup and gain further clarification on their location. Now that this is setup, I'm wondering if we may get a POV change soon, either to see what the rest of the Villains are doing, or back to U.A. and the rest of the students.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  3. #183
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Midoriya drops off the defeated Muscular at a police station before quickly heading off to meet up with All Might. We learn that the braces on his arms are "Mid-Gauntlets", support items from America meant to help with his endurance, but are unable to withstand 100% punches. All Might receives a call from Hawks, who's dealing with a villain alongside Endeavor and Best Jeanist, as Midoriya heads off once again.

    In a flashback, we learn that Midoriya's injuries are nowhere as severe as they initially believed due to a combination of most of the damage coming from the outside, using Blackwhip to support said injuries, and the overall increased strength in his body since. Midoriya and All Might tell Inko the truth about One For All, as well as Midoriya's decision to leave U.A, due to Shigaraki's capability of finding him whenever they want. Inko disapproves and is scared for his safety, but Midoriya reassures he just wants to be able to help others and he will be back. All Might also declares about joining him, and in collaboration with the Top 3 Heroes, they decide to use Midoriya to lure out the League of Villains themselves rather than wait for them to be ready. Midoriya also tells Gran Torino about Nana, who gives him his scarf and tells him that death can also be a form of salvation.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    This was the typical transitional chapter, just re-explaining some things and setting things up for later. Firstly, we get the pretty much all but confirmation that these braces are a new version of Melissa's Gauntlets. I can understand why she doesn't need to be name dropped, just the design being the same and knowing it's from America is all we really need, and it's overall good connective tissue showing them take advantage of all their available resources to help them out.

    They also did a decent job explaining how he's still able to move his arms despite the supposed warnings, which is simply just because his body's stronger than before and he was more careful. We got the long awaited confrontation with Inko, it was much shorter than expected, but the page juxtaposing little Izuku and his mom, and him comforting her in the present is incredibly heartfelt.

    It's also a pretty smart plan they have overall, instead of hiding Midoriya somewhere until the time is right, use him to track down the League of Villains directly, so they can pretty much dispose of all their backup and gain further clarification on their location. Now that this is setup, I'm wondering if we may get a POV change soon, either to see what the rest of the Villains are doing, or back to U.A. and the rest of the students.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I liked the shout out to Melissa and her Full Gauntlets, with the Mid Gauntlets. I like the way Deku is operating; able to take out the league while still training. Hopefully we will see how the rest of UA are dealing with Deku leaving.
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  4. #184
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    This was the typical transitional chapter, just re-explaining some things and setting things up for later. Firstly, we get the pretty much all but confirmation that these braces are a new version of Melissa's Gauntlets. I can understand why she doesn't need to be name dropped, just the design being the same and knowing it's from America is all we really need, and it's overall good connective tissue showing them take advantage of all their available resources to help them out.

    They also did a decent job explaining how he's still able to move his arms despite the supposed warnings, which is simply just because his body's stronger than before and he was more careful. We got the long awaited confrontation with Inko, it was much shorter than expected, but the page juxtaposing little Izuku and his mom, and him comforting her in the present is incredibly heartfelt.

    It's also a pretty smart plan they have overall, instead of hiding Midoriya somewhere until the time is right, use him to track down the League of Villains directly, so they can pretty much dispose of all their backup and gain further clarification on their location. Now that this is setup, I'm wondering if we may get a POV change soon, either to see what the rest of the Villains are doing, or back to U.A. and the rest of the students.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So I was wrong on two counts prior to this. Those were indeed bracers rather than just wrappings and Izuku is not working alone in this little quest of his (so the fandom should really stop calling him vigilante Deku). This all does make more sense and is healthier for him. But I'm still kinda uncertain about the three pros. They've taken up a lot of screen time and I just keep wanting to put some spotlight on several class members. But that is a personal preference.

    Which might happen next chapter. We now have a good idea of Deku's current situation and abilities so either next chapter or the chapter after that should jump to some other part we need to catch up with. One of the villains of UA probably.

    At least we got to see the talk with Inko. Though I kinda wanted it to be longer too. All Might and Izuku did hide quite a large seceret from her after that big display when the kids moved into their dorms. I was kinda hoping for a bit more anger, though i might be pushed aside for worry concern about what her son is going to do. And that spread of their two hugs is just amazing.
    end of spoilers

  5. #185
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    So I was wrong on two counts prior to this. Those were indeed bracers rather than just wrappings and Izuku is not working alone in this little quest of his (so the fandom should really stop calling him vigilante Deku). This all does make more sense and is healthier for him. But I'm still kinda uncertain about the three pros. They've taken up a lot of screen time and I just keep wanting to put some spotlight on several class members. But that is a personal preference.

    Which might happen next chapter. We now have a good idea of Deku's current situation and abilities so either next chapter or the chapter after that should jump to some other part we need to catch up with. One of the villains of UA probably.

    At least we got to see the talk with Inko. Though I kinda wanted it to be longer too. All Might and Izuku did hide quite a large seceret from her after that big display when the kids moved into their dorms. I was kinda hoping for a bit more anger, though i might be pushed aside for worry concern about what her son is going to do. And that spread of their two hugs is just amazing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really hope we focus back on UA, especially now that they are down two teachers and a student. Unless provisions have been made for if Deku returns, it's possible Shinso will be joining class 1-A in his place.
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  6. #186
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    So I was wrong on two counts prior to this. Those were indeed bracers rather than just wrappings and Izuku is not working alone in this little quest of his (so the fandom should really stop calling him vigilante Deku). This all does make more sense and is healthier for him. But I'm still kinda uncertain about the three pros. They've taken up a lot of screen time and I just keep wanting to put some spotlight on several class members. But that is a personal preference.

    Which might happen next chapter. We now have a good idea of Deku's current situation and abilities so either next chapter or the chapter after that should jump to some other part we need to catch up with. One of the villains of UA probably.

    At least we got to see the talk with Inko. Though I kinda wanted it to be longer too. All Might and Izuku did hide quite a large seceret from her after that big display when the kids moved into their dorms. I was kinda hoping for a bit more anger, though i might be pushed aside for worry concern about what her son is going to do. And that spread of their two hugs is just amazing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    At the very least I do appreciate Best Jeanist getting more screen time and attention, since he felt like such a non-entity for so much of the story, and the more he gets to do stuff the more I like him. Although even this setup seems to position the Top 3 as just "backup" for Deku/the public face for the heroes, since Deku does seem to be doing everything semi-incognito, so showing how the other students are reacting to this new status quo is important. We know with Ketsubutsu the 3rd years are off patrolling, so what do the 2nd years have to do? Also, Mirio is now a full-blown graduated hero, so he could pop up at any moment too.

    I almost wonder if she had some sort of an inkling regarding All Might having something to do with Izuku getting a Quirk, she didn't know how or why, so the shock and worry rather than anger reaction does make sense. Kind of like most of the other students, they'll probably be more angry at him leaving rather than lying about the Quirk.

    What I'm really hoping to see is a progression of Deku re-encountering all the old foes he faced and gaining a more understanding towards them the deeper he gets. Like how first we got Muscular, who is just a simple psychopath who wants to destroy so he's defeated. Next we could potentially see Overhaul or Stain, who have much more complex motivations, so I could see Deku understanding where they are coming from but still having to stop them. And then this could lead to an encounter with someone like Toga (at least she feels the most likely to me), where he'll be able to understand and get them to stop on their own accord without fighting.
    end of spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I really hope we focus back on UA, especially now that they are down two teachers and a student. Unless provisions have been made for if Deku returns, it's possible Shinso will be joining class 1-A in his place.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That'll also make hearing back with them very interesting if Shinso ends up in 1-A, since he'll probably have no idea what happened to Midoriya and everyone will just have to be quiet about it the entire time. Also really wanna know how/if they managed to convince Bakugo to cope with all this.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  7. #187
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

    spoilers:
    That'll also make hearing back with them very interesting if Shinso ends up in 1-A, since he'll probably have no idea what happened to Midoriya and everyone will just have to be quiet about it the entire time. Also really wanna know how/if they managed to convince Bakugo to cope with all this.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We really need to head back to UA. How the school is doing now that it has lost two teachers and how class 1-A are doing without Deku will be really interesting
    end of spoilers
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  8. #188
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Double post
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  9. #189
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    You might've seen posted around online, but All Might just very recently made a pretty amazing cameo in the SJ+ exclusive series Deadpool: Samurai, and just earlier today it's been confirmed to be getting an official English release early next year! What else is better than an official MHA/Marvel crossover!?

    https://nerdist.com/article/marvel-m...ce=twitter.com
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  10. #190
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,579

    Talking

    This is SO Hype Amazing, I want to Get this game now, already pre-registered for it!

    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  11. #191
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    It looks good, wish it was for consoles though
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  12. #192
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    You might've seen posted around online, but All Might just very recently made a pretty amazing cameo in the SJ+ exclusive series Deadpool: Samurai, and just earlier today it's been confirmed to be getting an official English release early next year! What else is better than an official MHA/Marvel crossover!?

    https://nerdist.com/article/marvel-m...ce=twitter.com
    That is pretty sick indeed.

    Now we just need to wait for Deku to meet Spider-man and all will be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It looks good, wish it was for consoles though
    Yeah, I'm not really into mobile gaming either.

    But for those that are that game looks really neat.

  13. #193
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,551

    Default

    So, the other day the MHA art exhibition officially opened up and it just generally sounds awesome.

    There were several areas were photography wasn't allowed but this twitter thread by aitaikimochi brings up the highlights:https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...42863081656324

    And she has a lot more commentary and photos of things she was allowed to take photos posted as well in her twitter.

    Deku, Ochako, Todoroki and Bakugou all provide commentary of various images and pages, apparently Ochako kinda bullys Bakugou (in a fun way) throughout the whole thing.

    Several wellknown WSJ mangaka have drawn characters from MHA and left messages wherein they basically just praise Horikoshi to high heavens for his art and just what a nice guy he is. Gege Akutami, the mangaka for Jujutsu Kaisen, says that a lot of the younger writers at Jump all want Horikoshi-senpai to notice them. It's really cute.

    One of the new drawings for the art exhibit that isn't allowed to be photographed includes Shinso new hero costume!

    Another has Aoyama sitting all sadly infront of purple tentacle monster that's emerging from a warehouse in the background. ...which seems like a weird thing to include.

    In a pamphlet given at the exhibit there's a small interview where Horikoshi informs us that of the art pieces he worked on for the exhibit the one that took the longest to complete is that amazing Izuku/Ochako piece where they're falling through the sky, and the reason it took so long is because he hand-coloured it. Also, it was inspired by a scene from Spirited Away.

    Man, this exihibit sounds awesome!

  14. #194
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,248

    Default

    Sounds like Shinso's costume is a potential spoiler.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  15. #195
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    This is SO Hype Amazing, I want to Get this game now, already pre-registered for it!
    This looks really cool and glad to see another one of these MHA games come over to English, though I'm not really as much into mobile games like this so probably won't end up playing it myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That is pretty sick indeed.

    Now we just need to wait for Deku to meet Spider-man and all will be right.
    If Marvel doesn't get Horikoshi to draw at least one variant cover for Spider-Man or something it'll be the definition of missed opportunity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So, the other day the MHA art exhibition officially opened up and it just generally sounds awesome.

    There were several areas were photography wasn't allowed but this twitter thread by aitaikimochi brings up the highlights:https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...42863081656324

    And she has a lot more commentary and photos of things she was allowed to take photos posted as well in her twitter.

    Deku, Ochako, Todoroki and Bakugou all provide commentary of various images and pages, apparently Ochako kinda bullys Bakugou (in a fun way) throughout the whole thing.

    Several wellknown WSJ mangaka have drawn characters from MHA and left messages wherein they basically just praise Horikoshi to high heavens for his art and just what a nice guy he is. Gege Akutami, the mangaka for Jujutsu Kaisen, says that a lot of the younger writers at Jump all want Horikoshi-senpai to notice them. It's really cute.

    One of the new drawings for the art exhibit that isn't allowed to be photographed includes Shinso new hero costume!

    Another has Aoyama sitting all sadly infront of purple tentacle monster that's emerging from a warehouse in the background. ...which seems like a weird thing to include.

    In a pamphlet given at the exhibit there's a small interview where Horikoshi informs us that of the art pieces he worked on for the exhibit the one that took the longest to complete is that amazing Izuku/Ochako piece where they're falling through the sky, and the reason it took so long is because he hand-coloured it. Also, it was inspired by a scene from Spirited Away.

    Man, this exihibit sounds awesome!
    I'm really hoping once the exhibition is finished all the exclusive images are released online, because the Izuku & Ochaco and White-Haired Dabi ones are already so fantastic I can't even imagine what the ones we aren't seeing are! Especially the big stuff that was mentioned like Shinso's hero costume or that very ominous Aoyama sounding one.

    Going through the thread and seeing the conversations of the characters basically recapping the events of the series is so much fun. Ochaco really is such a sass master in these.

    I absolutely screamed at the picture of Eri in Bakugo's costume she took, and apparently there's one with Eri in Midoriya's costume too, but that one wasn't allowed to be taken, and I REALLY wanna see that badly!

    She also has a site where you can order directly from her any of the exclusive goodies from the exhibition, including the pamphlet which I believe may have some of the drawings in it, so I might end up checking that out, they're all very good deals.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •