Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I believe, outside of the original costume that was destroyed, the only time he's ever worn the bunny hoody was when Mirio forced it on him during their first encounter with Overhaul. And the only time I can recall he's ever worn the mask was in the first chapter of Team-Up Missions. So this will be the first time he's ever actually put both on for battle. And yeah, "Black Suit Deku" is the perfect definition for this.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yo and Tatami are a couple, and I think outside of Natsuo and his unnamed girlfriend, are the only characters in the series in a relationship, so that definitively helps. If anything, Deku should easily be able to outspeed him no issue now, though seeing Muscular jump around like that with ease does make me realize he's basically this series' Hulk.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I've already seen a couple "DO YOU BLEED? YOU WILL" memes
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There is also Rock Lock and his wife too. Also, i remerber Muscular asking Deku to show him his blood during their first fight, so this time Deku would go with "show me yours" lol.

Being a bit more serious i was actually a bit dissapointed, i wanted to see more Izuku centric chapter instead of just Yo getting kicked by Muscular, but i do like the idea of a remacth, hell with Deku's luck he is probably getting a remacth with Overhaul (because he is gonna find a way of being a problem again) and Stain at this pace.
    end of spoilers
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    spoilers:
    There is also Rock Lock and his wife too. Also, i remerber Muscular asking Deku to show him his blood during their first fight, so this time Deku would go with "show me yours" lol.

Being a bit more serious i was actually a bit dissapointed, i wanted to see more Izuku centric chapter instead of just Yo getting kicked by Muscular, but i do like the idea of a remacth, hell with Deku's luck he is probably getting a remacth with Overhaul (because he is gonna find a way of being a problem again) and Stain at this pace.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yep that's right, was mainly just thinking of the kids rather than adults, cause then you'd have to include all the parents' too.

That'll actually be really funny if it turns out Midoriya's really just going through a bucket list of tracking down all the most dangerous escapees, which will just end up being rematches for him. Muscular being the psychopathic brute will be easy to deal with, but it'll be really interesting to see if he ends up taking his "understanding the villains" perspective from a few chapters ago into account when he re-encounters Overhaul and Stain, who are much more complex in comparison.

Also didn't mention it before, but it is weird how they kept referring to Muscular as "Jailbreaker". I thought that just was a term they used for the escapees, but the way it's written makes it sound like its his new codename, which was just kinda odd.
    end of spoilers

A couple new information and reveals (no jokes for today lol):

Firstly, this week's chapter will be delayed until next week, supposedly due to health reasons from Horikoshi not being able to finish on time, which is understandable.

Earlier this week they unveiled the cover for Volume 30, dubbed "Dabi's Dance". Obvious choice with great use of purples and blues.
    Volume_30.jpg

We also got an official poster for World Heroes Mission, plus someone translated a summary of what the plot will be about.
    World_Heroes_Mission_Key_Visual.jpg

A cult known as "Humarize" that believes in the "Quirk Singularity Theory" and seeing Quirks as an illness that will destroy humanity, seeks out to annihilate anyone that has a Quirk. Their plan is planting "Trigger" bombs in countries all over the world which will cause the civilians' Quirks to go out of control and destroy society. Pro Heroes from all around the world, including the U.A. High students interning with the Japan Pro Heroes, are brought together to form a Hero team and destroy the bombs. At one point, Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki's team end up in an incident that results in Midoriya becomes an international wanted criminal, and Humarize uses this opportunity to declare their intentions to the world.

Probably the most interesting thing about this is seemingly bringing in plot elements and threads from Vigilantes (which is exactly how the Trigger drug was used in that too), as well as putting front and centre the cult that worships the Quirk Singularity theory that was referenced a couple times in the main series. Definitively alot of exciting potential here.

We also got to meet in this vol 30 Dekusheep, All Mi-Goat and Mr Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla. Horikoshi is certanly proud of that last one lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

A couple new information and reveals (no jokes for today lol):

Firstly, this week's chapter will be delayed until next week, supposedly due to health reasons from Horikoshi not being able to finish on time, which is understandable.

Earlier this week they unveiled the cover for Volume 30, dubbed "Dabi's Dance". Obvious choice with great use of purples and blues.
    Volume_30.jpg

We also got an official poster for World Heroes Mission, plus someone translated a summary of what the plot will be about.
    World_Heroes_Mission_Key_Visual.jpg

A cult known as "Humarize" that believes in the "Quirk Singularity Theory" and seeing Quirks as an illness that will destroy humanity, seeks out to annihilate anyone that has a Quirk. Their plan is planting "Trigger" bombs in countries all over the world which will cause the civilians' Quirks to go out of control and destroy society. Pro Heroes from all around the world, including the U.A. High students interning with the Japan Pro Heroes, are brought together to form a Hero team and destroy the bombs. At one point, Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki's team end up in an incident that results in Midoriya becomes an international wanted criminal, and Humarize uses this opportunity to declare their intentions to the world.

Probably the most interesting thing about this is seemingly bringing in plot elements and threads from Vigilantes (which is exactly how the Trigger drug was used in that too), as well as putting front and centre the cult that worships the Quirk Singularity theory that was referenced a couple times in the main series. Definitively alot of exciting potential here.
    i do wonder if the series will gave a good explanation on how to solve the issue of quirk singularity
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We also got to meet in this vol 30 Dekusheep, All Mi-Goat and Mr Gorilla Gorilla Gorilla. Horikoshi is certanly proud of that last one lol.
    I loved Dabi snake and Toga Axolotl. Also my reaction to seeing fully clear Mr. Compress face: "OH NO HE'S HOT"

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i do wonder if the series will gave a good explanation on how to solve the issue of quirk singularity
    My feeling is it will involve society becoming more open regarding how Quirks are treated within individuals, not only being more accepting of "irregular" types, but also helping those who may need more control if they seem like they may overload. I also definitively think the All For One Quirk may play a major factor in helping this too. It can be incredibly useful in the right hands, and we know AFO's already been doing stuff to experiment and combat at, just in the worst way possible.

I loved Dabi snake and Toga Axolotl. Also my reaction to seeing fully clear Mr. Compress face: "OH NO HE'S HOT"

My feeling is it will involve society becoming more open regarding how Quirks are treated within individuals, not only being more accepting of "irregular" types, but also helping those who may need more control if they seem like they may overload. I also definitively think the All For One Quirk may play a major factor in helping this too. It can be incredibly useful in the right hands, and we know AFO's already been doing stuff to experiment and combat at, just in the worst way possible.
    Eh, he is a six of ten at best. Probably doesn't help that i found his backstory weird for how it doesn't macth with his actions from before the reveal.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

I have taken a great deal of pleasure seeing people post images of Deku being his usual adorable cinnamon broccoli boy self and adding the text "A mass murderer" to them. It's a funny meme.

I wonder how the Quirk Singularity theory being a main story point in this movie will affect how it's going to be used in the main story. Like you say, it's been mentioned a few times and it generally seems relevant for the evolution of One For All. But we haven't exactly taken a deep dive into the theory. Maybe this movie will do that for us and just generally prep the audience for what's to come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I have taken a great deal of pleasure seeing people post images of Deku being his usual adorable cinnamon broccoli boy self and adding the text "A mass murderer" to them. It's a funny meme.

I wonder how the Quirk Singularity theory being a main story point in this movie will affect how it's going to be used in the main story. Like you say, it's been mentioned a few times and it generally seems relevant for the evolution of One For All. But we haven't exactly taken a deep dive into the theory. Maybe this movie will do that for us and just generally prep the audience for what's to come with it.
    I believe the first mention was during the Remedial Course when the teachers noticed how all the students had much more powerful Quirks and had much greater control over them over previous generations. And then of course learning later that the Doctor was the one who initially created it, which led to his alliance with All For One when no one believed him, and eventually the creation of the Nomu, which I don't think has never been outright said yet, but in hindsight definitely feels his experimentation on how to "combat" the Singularity, creating bodies that can withstand powerful/multiple Quirks.

Actually now that I think about, this would mean that All For One and the Doctor are in some way, whether indirectly or otherwise, responsible for the events of all three movies. AFO provides Wolfram information and extra power after learning about David's plan, the Doctor gives Nine the AFO Quirk, and now here's a cult that worships a theory created by the Doctor. Which to be honest, fits in line with their characters, manipulating everything from the shadows.

spoilers:
    Midoriya rescues Yo and faces down Muscular, who is overjoyed to see his reappearance before getting right back to fighting. Midoriya hands him over to Tatami and returns to the battle. It is revealed that the Quirk of the Sixth User, En, is "Smokescreen", allowing him to cover himself and the area around him in Smoke. It's also revealed he can now freely speak to the One For All users, as En provides him some advice to think of the Quirks as tools to make use of.

Midoriya utilizes Float, Smokescreen, Danger Sense, and Blackwhip to evade and counteract Muscular effortlessly. Cornered, he asks him about Shigaraki and AFO's whereabouts, which he doesn't know, and proceeds to try and understand why the he acts way he does, which he simply responds because he wants to indulge himself in blood and violence. After getting his answer, Midoriya finishes Muscular off with a smash.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This is a really good chapter specifically for highlighting how this "Deku 2.0" acts as a Hero, as you see him go through all the steps. Rescuing the people in danger first and getting them out of harms way, using his new arsenal of "tools" to lure and contain the Villain away, try to talk and reason with them to understand why they're doing everything and see if there's a way out without fighting, and if that fails quickly finish them off. He doesn't just simply "body" Muscular cause he's stronger now, but also cause of how much more resourceful he is. And the fact he even attempted to try and talk with him of all people does show that he's committed to his cause of understanding his opponents, and that's a really nice touch. Also, Muscular's goofy face when he sees Midoriya is priceless, and hooded Deku is still pretty badass.

It's also really interesting to see that the One For All users are now able to talk and communicate with him whenever they want it seems, and what that means in the future. I also really like that visual image where the various Quirks are all imagined as physical tools, jetpack, grappling hook, smoke bomb, walkie talkie, it's a cool way of highlighting the support use of these abilities and what he can do other than "more attacks."
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A pretty good chapter. Deku trying to understand Muscular shows is desire to help even the villains. Also loved him using most of his quirks.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    This is a really good chapter specifically for highlighting how this "Deku 2.0" acts as a Hero, as you see him go through all the steps. Rescuing the people in danger first and getting them out of harms way, using his new arsenal of "tools" to lure and contain the Villain away, try to talk and reason with them to understand why they're doing everything and see if there's a way out without fighting, and if that fails quickly finish them off. He doesn't just simply "body" Muscular cause he's stronger now, but also cause of how much more resourceful he is. And the fact he even attempted to try and talk with him of all people does show that he's committed to his cause of understanding his opponents, and that's a really nice touch. Also, Muscular's goofy face when he sees Midoriya is priceless, and hooded Deku is still pretty badass.

It's also really interesting to see that the One For All users are now able to talk and communicate with him whenever they want it seems, and what that means in the future. I also really like that visual image where the various Quirks are all imagined as physical tools, jetpack, grappling hook, smoke bomb, walkie talkie, it's a cool way of highlighting the support use of these abilities and what he can do other than "more attacks."
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really like what we see of Izuku in this chapter. He's tired, probably pushed to his limits after running around on his own all this time, but he's still sticking to the same ideals as before only with more experience and compotency than ever before. This isn't Izuku going dark or 90s edgy for edginess sake (heck he still has his license so he's technically not even a vigilante), he's just looking for answers and new perspectives he couldn't find at U.A.

Somebody pointed out how the sharpness of Izuku's outfit makes him look closer to Toshinori Yagi rather than All Might, which is an interesting detail.

I love how the vestiges of One For All continue to defy the whole dangerous inner spirit tropes I'm used to from shounen series. They're fellow heroes helping out as best they can as mentors, kinda reminds me of te avatars from Last Air-Bender and Korra only more readily available. And yeah, highlighting that the additional abilies are more support-oriented by showing them as actual tools is a nice touch. Though I personally think that they're underselling Black Whip a bit since it's so darn versatile, it could easily be used for offence oriented moves.

Izuku beating Muscular by outpacing him, easily moving him away from the civilians and striking him down at the opportune moment is just the kind of improvement I was hoping for this chapter.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Fun little thing I just realised.

spoilers:
    Horikoshi's initial idea was for Izuku to be a Batman style hero that uses gadgets and tools to keep up with his peers. I wonder if that concept is what inspired his approach to these additional quirks he's received, and if the image of them as tools was similar to what Horikoshi had in mind of what Deku's get would look like.
    end of spoilers

Fun little thing I just realised.

spoilers:
    Horikoshi's initial idea was for Izuku to be a Batman style hero that uses gadgets and tools to keep up with his peers. I wonder if that concept is what inspired his approach to these additional quirks he's received, and if the image of them as tools was similar to what Horikoshi had in mind of what Deku's get would look like.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's a really good point, of course he has flipped from needing to keep up with his peers to being more powerful that most of them.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I really like what we see of Izuku in this chapter. He's tired, probably pushed to his limits after running around on his own all this time, but he's still sticking to the same ideals as before only with more experience and compotency than ever before. This isn't Izuku going dark or 90s edgy for edginess sake (heck he still has his license so he's technically not even a vigilante), he's just looking for answers and new perspectives he couldn't find at U.A.

Somebody pointed out how the sharpness of Izuku's outfit makes him look closer to Toshinori Yagi rather than All Might, which is an interesting detail.

I love how the vestiges of One For All continue to defy the whole dangerous inner spirit tropes I'm used to from shounen series. They're fellow heroes helping out as best they can as mentors, kinda reminds me of te avatars from Last Air-Bender and Korra only more readily available. And yeah, highlighting that the additional abilies are more support-oriented by showing them as actual tools is a nice touch. Though I personally think that they're underselling Black Whip a bit since it's so darn versatile, it could easily be used for offence oriented moves.

Izuku beating Muscular by outpacing him, easily moving him away from the civilians and striking him down at the opportune moment is just the kind of improvement I was hoping for this chapter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've also seen alot of people note that Deku's eyes through the hoodie look very much like All Might's (specifically when he's pissed), so that's another nice visual connection.

It just keeps becoming more like the Avatar state than it already was, though I do like that, unlike the Avatars who have their very mystical otherworldly aura to them when talking to Aang/Korra, the OFA users are alot more casual and feel like actual people. Well, AFO's Brother and Nana do carry that presence with them, but Hikage, En, and especially Banjo are all just extremely chill and fun dudes, and have that levity that can help Midoriya relax.

And to be fair, I feel like the fact that Blackwhip was what emerged first, and with just how much he used it during the PLF, they know how useful Blackwhip is, I think it's mostly about him not overusing or over-relying on it, and that his versatility is his greatest asset.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There's also of course the Spider-Man connection, he's got Danger Sense like Spidey Sense, Blackwhip is like webs/Venom, Float like Spider-Woman. Smokescreen is just the weird outlier.

I also really like how this helps distinguish Midoriya/One For All as the opposite of All For One, who pretty much only possesses "power" quirks, which is only really primarily used for attacking, while all of OFA's are basically support abilities, so Midoriya still needs to focus on his own techniques and skills, being creative in his combos, rather than relying on pure power.

Another side point: I liked that Midoriya went out of his way to learn Muscular's real name, since it not only hints he does have some access to some kind of information to let him learn more about the villains, while also allowing him to understand and humanize with them more. Very similar to the Hawks and Twice confrontation, when Hawks kept referring to him by his real name to talk him down as well.
    end of spoilers