Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    After Kota and the fox girl embrace Izuku, the star-head guy from Chapter 1 speaks to the crowd how all this time they've been the just the "spectators" and they need to be more than that now to help and support the heroes, as the crowd agrees to Izuku's entry. At the same time, Nezu communicates with Aizawa, still in Central Hospital, missing an eye and having a robo-leg, and revealing that Kurogiri has also been there the entire time, trying to once again wake him/Oboro up.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Just some more really sweet stuff as the civilians finally accept Izuku to stay. Hoping Horikoshi gives us a name for the girl soon, only so long we can only call her "tall fox waifu". That dude from Ch. 1 gets to be the MVP with his speech as it looks like people will start to realize they need to be more active in their society beyond only letting the heroes handle all the burden.

Also we get a pretty big answer to the question of "Why wasn't Kurogiri also broken out of Tartarus?" being "He was never there!" The fact that they're doing experiments to not just Kurogiri, but also the other Nomu they had locked up makes me wonder if that will payoff in any way, or if it will just be exclusive to Shirakumo returning.

And now that Izuku's finally getting his rest, looks like we'll be getting next arc very soon. I have no idea what exactly they'll be doing next, but I'm hoping we get a check-in on Shigaraki and the League just to see what exactly AFO is making them do.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    One thing that struck me was the fox lady saying that she was turned away from some shelters because they wouldn't allow Heteromorphs. I don't remember that sort of prejudice being mentioned before.

Given she's been mentioned/alluded to now two chapters in a row, I suspect we will be checking in on Toga next.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    After Kota and the fox girl embrace Izuku, the star-head guy from Chapter 1 speaks to the crowd how all this time they've been the just the "spectators" and they need to be more than that now to help and support the heroes, as the crowd agrees to Izuku's entry. At the same time, Nezu communicates with Aizawa, still in Central Hospital, missing an eye and having a robo-leg, and revealing that Kurogiri has also been there the entire time, trying to once again wake him/Oboro up.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Just some more really sweet stuff as the civilians finally accept Izuku to stay. Hoping Horikoshi gives us a name for the girl soon, only so long we can only call her "tall fox waifu". That dude from Ch. 1 gets to be the MVP with his speech as it looks like people will start to realize they need to be more active in their society beyond only letting the heroes handle all the burden.

Also we get a pretty big answer to the question of "Why wasn't Kurogiri also broken out of Tartarus?" being "He was never there!" The fact that they're doing experiments to not just Kurogiri, but also the other Nomu they had locked up makes me wonder if that will payoff in any way, or if it will just be exclusive to Shirakumo returning.

And now that Izuku's finally getting his rest, looks like we'll be getting next arc very soon. I have no idea what exactly they'll be doing next, but I'm hoping we get a check-in on Shigaraki and the League just to see what exactly AFO is making them do.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I am so happy that Ochako's speech reached the peoples' heart enough for them to pause and who knew that star-head dude from chapter 1 could pull off such a great follow up speech (I think it was easier for him to see Deku as just a kid that needs to rest because he met him that one time when he was just an excited hero fan). It's sorta reminiscent of that scene in Spider-man 2 when the civilians on the train see Spidey without the mask. It'll be interesting to see what part the civilians play down the line of the story.

I also like the splash page of the crowdoffering up umbrellas and probably apologies as the students move forward, and Kaminari bumping Bakugo's head because he's probably being loud and dumb again.

I for one hope that Shirakumo doesn't return, at least not permanently. He died for real and was rebuilt and brainwashed into an entirely different person. I think he should at best have one final push where Shirakumo comes back to say something to Aizawa and Mic before succumbing to death.

What was up with that ominous looking All Might!? Is he going to go on a road-trip with Stain? Or was that Toga? Or something else!? Aaahhh, the mysteries of a new arc!
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    One thing that struck me was the fox lady saying that she was turned away from some shelters because they wouldn't allow Heteromorphs. I don't remember that sort of prejudice being mentioned before.

Given she's been mentioned/alluded to now two chapters in a row, I suspect we will be checking in on Toga next.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We had the CRC in My Villain Academia. And while they're the most extremist case of anti-heteromorphism, Spinner does mention more institutionalised examples of people like him being called slurs based on their non-human appearance. And the first time we saw the fox lady she was straight up attacked because people found her suspicious for being a very tall fox lady.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I for one hope that Shirakumo doesn't return, at least not permanently. He died for real and was rebuilt and brainwashed into an entirely different person. I think he should at best have one final push where Shirakumo comes back to say something to Aizawa and Mic before succumbing to death.

What was up with that ominous looking All Might!? Is he going to go on a road-trip with Stain? Or was that Toga? Or something else!? Aaahhh, the mysteries of a new arc!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We had the CRC in My Villain Academia. And while they're the most extremist case of anti-heteromorphism, Spinner does mention more institutionalised examples of people like him being called slurs based on their non-human appearance. And the first time we saw the fox lady she was straight up attacked because people found her suspicious for being a very tall fox lady.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With how much they've brought it up, it'd be a surprise if Shirakumo doesn't come back, though I could see the easy route being he regains control of the body, does some big heroic thing, and then dies again. Though honestly, I wouldn't mind if Shirakumo did come back for good, since it'd be really interesting to see how he would re-adjust to life having been a "brainwashed villain". Basically making him MHA's version of The Winter Soldier.

What I feel is going on with All Might is he's feeling guilty about him being the Symbol of Peace indirectly leading to the issues the civilians were talking about, as well as what pushed Deku over the edge, so he doesn't feel like he has the right to face them. I've seen people guess that it might be Toga, but I don't see her being able to get the jump on him like that (though honestly a Skinny All Might vs. Toga fight would be pretty cool to see).

There's also stuff like Shoji having his mask on so not to scare people with his face, or Chimera in the second movie talking about everyone seeing him as a monster and questioning if someone like Ojiro's also been treated that way. There are the racism aspects that've been established in this world, just maybe not as much as there could've been.
    end of spoilers

New chapter released earlier today!

spoilers:
    All Might depresses over being unable to do anything to help Midoriya, when he's approached by Stain. Stain is shocked in disbelief over All Might's current state, while he continues to put himself down. However, Stain shows him that the girl who he saved during the fight against AFO has been constantly visiting the All Might statue to clean the vandalism, reminding him that it was his spirit as a hero that inspired others, and has continued to bloom through everyone. He ends by handing him notes of information he got from Tartarus, as well as telling him to "finish him" when the time's right, before leaving.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Finally the encounter between All Might and Stain we've been waiting for! Glad to see this very interesting take on Stain after so long, feels like he's kinda "matured" in a way, with no real reason to kill "fake heroes" anymore now all he can really do is stick to pushing his ideals. Being the one to give All Might a pep talk is such a great idea, and since this seems to imply he was watching the Deku vs. 1-A stuff go down, that he's also acknowledging that whole class as carrying All Might's spirit. I also like this positive perspective behind the "All Might problem" we've had lately, how All Might's presence made people compliant, etc. But here we're reminded of how many people he's inspired, and just keeping that symbol alive and thriving is good. Stain will probably be a wild card going forward, they'll probably sicc him on some baddies in a final battle before eventually re-arresting him. Wonder what exactly the information from Tartarus is, probably stuff AFO talked about he overheard.
    end of spoilers

New chapter released earlier today!

spoilers:
    All Might depresses over being unable to do anything to help Midoriya, when he's approached by Stain. Stain is shocked in disbelief over All Might's current state, while he continues to put himself down. However, Stain shows him that the girl who he saved during the fight against AFO has been constantly visiting the All Might statue to clean the vandalism, reminding him that it was his spirit as a hero that inspired others, and has continued to bloom through everyone. He ends by handing him notes of information he got from Tartarus, as well as telling him to "finish him" when the time's right, before leaving.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Finally the encounter between All Might and Stain we've been waiting for! Glad to see this very interesting take on Stain after so long, feels like he's kinda "matured" in a way, with no real reason to kill "fake heroes" anymore now all he can really do is stick to pushing his ideals. Being the one to give All Might a pep talk is such a great idea, and since this seems to imply he was watching the Deku vs. 1-A stuff go down, that he's also acknowledging that whole class as carrying All Might's spirit. I also like this positive perspective behind the "All Might problem" we've had lately, how All Might's presence made people compliant, etc. But here we're reminded of how many people he's inspired, and just keeping that symbol alive and thriving is good. Stain will probably be a wild card going forward, they'll probably sicc him on some baddies in a final battle before eventually re-arresting him. Wonder what exactly the information from Tartarus is, probably stuff AFO talked about he overheard.
    end of spoilers
    Another hint at his maturity is that he referred to his victims as "heroes". He didn't deride them as fakes, charlatans, etc as he normally would.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

spoilers:
    Just finished watch the Stain arc on DVD just in time for him to return in the manga.

A pretty good chapter once again despite being a monster, Stain does make some good points. I liked how he used the symbolism of All Might's influence being like a fire, in a similar way to the fire symbolism used when All Might lost One For All. Also it should be interesting to see what info Stain has gathered.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The current state of society is kinda doing Stain's intended mission for him to be honest. It's weeding out the heroes that don't have the grit and willpower to stay active when the chips are down and nobody is cheering for them, just like Stain was trying to do but without the senseless murder. However, the negative impact it's had on society is much more evident. So all this combined with stewing in jail for a few months was bound to change something in his way of thinking.

I do like how oddly wholesome the whole interaction between Stain and All Might is. Stain has seen how other heroes give up now that society has turned on them and he is not about to let All Might go down the same path just because of a major set back. All Might did good and his method of being a hero wasn't wrong. Bringing in the woman All Might saved during the fight against All For One is an inspired callback, Horikoshi is a master with those.

Going forward I really want to see Stain interact with some more of the villains. Most of all I want to see him and Spinner meet up. They could absolutely have an interesting talk.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Another hint at his maturity is that he referred to his victims as "heroes". He didn't deride them as fakes, charlatans, etc as he normally would.
    spoilers:
    Even going further than that, he could easily said that he murdered 40 people or some other generic word. But nope, he went out of his way to call them heroes. I think he's always known that his killing spree was heinous, but he was pushed so far that in his mind that it was necessary. Having some time to think about while in jail would certainly give him time to reflect and maybe even change his view of the people he killed.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A pretty good chapter once again despite being a monster, Stain does make some good points. I liked how he used the symbolism of All Might's influence being like a fire, in a similar way to the fire symbolism used when All Might lost One For All. Also it should be interesting to see what info Stain has gathered.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm betting that All For One made some kind of offer to Stain, along with all the other villains he sicced on Deku. But it's bound to be a different type of offer. So Stain probably got some information from that.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm betting that All For One made some kind of offer to Stain, along with all the other villains he sicced on Deku. But it's bound to be a different type of offer. So Stain probably got some information from that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is either something about an offer or maybe he overheard something that might give the heroes a clue to where All For One could be.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    spoilers:
    That's true, I didn't think about that, but that's a very good point. Since the final line insinuates he already knew about All Might's current state and was just reacting all over-the-top to "test" him, maybe this was an Endeavor case where seeing his state caused him to re-think about All Might as more than just this "perfect Hero", and thus re-think about his own ideals and what he should do. So in a very "Stain" way, this could be seen as him admitting that while he doesn't regret what he did, it was wrong.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Going forward I really want to see Stain interact with some more of the villains. Most of all I want to see him and Spinner meet up. They could absolutely have an interesting talk.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Having Stain encounter Spinner and Dabi would be very interesting, since the two have taken his name and ideals in a very differing directions: Spinner still believing in some of Stain's ideals and morals, though primarily just wanting a world where his friends can be happy, while Dabi is basically just using his creeds as one giant gaslight for his revenge scheme. There is also Toga still out there, maybe she encounters all three of the people she "loves" at once and it becomes basically an intervention.

I honestly doubt All For One made any offer to Stain, on a count of him almost certainly being aware of his "All Might" worship, which would make him much more of an uncertainty than Lady Nagant was. We also don't know if he's aware of Stain's prior relationship to Deku (since this is AFO it could go either way), but if he does then that would be even worse for AFO. Given how sneaky he is, I wouldn't be surprised if he just overheard some of his speeches and plans and then left.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Who says wishes don't come true?!

World Heroes' Mission will premiere in Sweden on October 29. So I'll be able to see that movie as well in the theatres.

Hell yeah! And unlike a lot of Heroes Rising it hasn't been spoiled for me, so that's a plus.

Who says wishes don't come true?!

World Heroes' Mission will premiere in Sweden on October 29. So I'll be able to see that movie as well in the theatres.

Hell yeah! And unlike a lot of Heroes Rising it hasn't been spoiled for me, so that's a plus.
    Awesome! That's the same release as the rest of the world too, so don't have to wait longer in comparison either!

There's one thing I was spoiled by (which was completely my fault I was looking somewhere I shouldn't lol), but other than that, people have been good with not blurting out everything that happens in it.

spoilers:
    The Class 1-A boys dunk Midoriya into the bath to finally give him a wash. Bakugo states that he still aims to be number 1 and sees everyone as his rivals, though still trying to say "Izuku." After the bath, All Might arrives and him and Midoriya both apologize and thank each other, before Midoriya finally passes out. Shoto talks about him wanting to alleviate the civilians worries, due to his connection with Endeavor and Dabi, leading Jiro to suggest doing something like they did at the Cultural Festival.

Meanwhile, Hawks reveals that, thanks to interrogating the Doctor, they learn they have about a month before Shigaraki's process is completed, as they go to investigate the information Stain gave All Might, which includes a security data disk from Tartarus (as well as a "love letter" to All Might).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Probably the first real levity chapter in a LONG while, and it's definitely well warranted. There's alot of genuine laughs, everything to do with the boys giving Midoriya a wash down, Tokoyami constantly asking everyone to get Hawks to respond to him, Mineta pointing out Shoto's "natural appearance", All Might peeping through the window. There's also the really cute moment of Jiro bringing together all her bandmates as they come up with a new plan. I imagine it's not going to be as literal as them putting on another musical performance, but just in general doing something more casual to help the civilians feel safe. Also looks like the real Izuku and Ochaco reconnection will have to wait a bit.

I'm feeling like the Tartarus disk is probably either a comprehensive list of all the inmates, so that they all know who is left that escaped they need to track down. Or maybe it's something about All For One they learned that they can use to help deal with him. We do know have a clear 1 month timeline, which either means that really is going to be the "end point" of the story, or they've got one more thing to do after Shigaraki's "completed". Though I did find it funny, if you were to squint your eyes to read the paper Stain wrote, it's nothing really important, just the usual "All Might is the true hero, only he can kill me, we need the Symbol of Peace to survive the dark times, etc"
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The Class 1-A boys dunk Midoriya into the bath to finally give him a wash. Bakugo states that he still aims to be number 1 and sees everyone as his rivals, though still trying to say "Izuku." After the bath, All Might arrives and him and Midoriya both apologize and thank each other, before Midoriya finally passes out. Shoto talks about him wanting to alleviate the civilians worries, due to his connection with Endeavor and Dabi, leading Jiro to suggest doing something like they did at the Cultural Festival.

Meanwhile, Hawks reveals that, thanks to interrogating the Doctor, they learn they have about a month before Shigaraki's process is completed, as they go to investigate the information Stain gave All Might, which includes a security data disk from Tartarus (as well as a "love letter" to All Might).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Probably the first real levity chapter in a LONG while, and it's definitely well warranted. There's alot of genuine laughs, everything to do with the boys giving Midoriya a wash down, Tokoyami constantly asking everyone to get Hawks to respond to him, Mineta pointing out Shoto's "natural appearance", All Might peeping through the window. There's also the really cute moment of Jiro bringing together all her bandmates as they come up with a new plan. I imagine it's not going to be as literal as them putting on another musical performance, but just in general doing something more casual to help the civilians feel safe. Also looks like the real Izuku and Ochaco reconnection will have to wait a bit.

I'm feeling like the Tartarus disk is probably either a comprehensive list of all the inmates, so that they all know who is left that escaped they need to track down. Or maybe it's something about All For One they learned that they can use to help deal with him. We do know have a clear 1 month timeline, which either means that really is going to be the "end point" of the story, or they've got one more thing to do after Shigaraki's "completed". Though I did find it funny, if you were to squint your eyes to read the paper Stain wrote, it's nothing really important, just the usual "All Might is the true hero, only he can kill me, we need the Symbol of Peace to survive the dark times, etc"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm hoping it is another musical performance. If these guys could get a little girl to smile for the first time, then they should be able to at least lighten the mood and all keep everyone's mind of the villains for a short time. Also I want another awesome song like Hero Too.

I also like the way Izuku says that he can't sleep until he apologises to All Might and the second All Might is gone; he's fast asleep.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This definitely feels like an R&R arc before the heroes get back into the thick of it. And it's a much needed one since there was no time to relax or chill out after the war. Depending on how everything works out this might even be the last such mini arc of the series, or at least one of the last ones. Jiro gathering up her old band is also a nice moment of character progression for her since she had to be convinced to do the concert, but this time she's the one initiating whatever activity it is that'll appease the civilians. It's tiny but it's a good progress, just what I'd expect from my favourite gal.

I think that we'll get the class being charming and cute before we Izuku and Ochako reconnecting, so that's something to look forward to. And I hope that if Izuku gets new costume from Hatsume we get to see Ochako be there without acting jealous, and just keeping Hatsume on track.

I would think that a list of inmates at Tartarus would be available somewhere else. A comprehensive list of AFO's acitivities seems likely, but I'm not sure how important that would be. So information that they might've coaxed out of AFO might be the safest bet, perhaps locations. That one month is going to be quite eventful me thinks. You can fit a lot of stories into that time, and they've got a few leads to follow. Though it depends on how much the villains are still co-operating with each other. An interesting question is also if AFO or Shigaraki will be the true final boss at the end of it all.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm hoping it is another musical performance. If these guys could get a little girl to smile for the first time, then they should be able to at least lighten the mood and all keep everyone's mind of the villains for a short time. Also I want another awesome song like Hero Too.

I also like the way Izuku says that he can't sleep until he apologises to All Might and the second All Might is gone; he's fast asleep.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It'd be nice to see another great song, but I can also see how putting on a performance like that when thing's are still pretty bad, could be considered counterproductive. Plus, since 1-A are probably going to be leaving with Midoriya once he leaves again, they probably don't have too much time to do something huge for the evacuees, so we'll see. Maybe they can just fly Eri over everyone and have her smile calm them down.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This definitely feels like an R&R arc before the heroes get back into the thick of it. And it's a much needed one since there was no time to relax or chill out after the war. Depending on how everything works out this might even be the last such mini arc of the series, or at least one of the last ones. Jiro gathering up her old band is also a nice moment of character progression for her since she had to be convinced to do the concert, but this time she's the one initiating whatever activity it is that'll appease the civilians. It's tiny but it's a good progress, just what I'd expect from my favourite gal.

I think that we'll get the class being charming and cute before we Izuku and Ochako reconnecting, so that's something to look forward to. And I hope that if Izuku gets new costume from Hatsume we get to see Ochako be there without acting jealous, and just keeping Hatsume on track.

I would think that a list of inmates at Tartarus would be available somewhere else. A comprehensive list of AFO's acitivities seems likely, but I'm not sure how important that would be. So information that they might've coaxed out of AFO might be the safest bet, perhaps locations. That one month is going to be quite eventful me thinks. You can fit a lot of stories into that time, and they've got a few leads to follow. Though it depends on how much the villains are still co-operating with each other. An interesting question is also if AFO or Shigaraki will be the true final boss at the end of it all.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do hope we see a bit more reunions, no matter how brief they made be. We definitely need to see him with Eri again. I wanna see how 1-B and the rest of the school react to Izuku too, since we've only seen the civilians' opinions.

I was thinking, since back right before the Pro Hero Arc, they mention how they were gonna try and investigate how many Quirks All For One had, maybe they managed to do that, though it begs the question how/if Horikoshi wants to blow that load and reveal that now. You also have to imagine this is supposedly Tartarus information that neither Tsukauchi or Gran Torino knew about, or else you think they would've told the Heroes, so could be some other secret. I do agree that we really need to do a check in with the villains soon and see what their status' are, what Spinner's thinking, what's Dabi's next move, will Skeptic do anything else, and will Shigaraki break free? I do very much feel like with how everything's been positioned, unless there's some major development changes, the endgame is going to end up being Deku & Shigaraki defeating AFO, and either ending with Shigaraki fighting Deku right after, or dying in the process (so basically the climax of Last Jedi or Rise Of Skywalker lol)
    end of spoilers