Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The anxiousness has raised up to 12.

spoilers:
    All Might reveals the truth of One For All to Hawks, Best Jeanist (and presumably Endeavor), who hold a press conference a few days later. Endeavor and Hawks both confess to their actions and troubled pasts, standing their ground to reclaim the public's favour by resolving the mess. They also reveal that U.A. and other hero schools will become sanctuaries for civilians to move into and be safe, including the parents of the students. Endeavor ends with the declaration to "Just watch me".

Later, Midoriya gives handwritten notes to each of his classmates in 1-A, confessing the truth behind One For All, how All For One and Shigaraki are after him, and because of that, he has to leave, to everyone's confusion, and Uraraka's uneasiness. By April, a lone Midoriya stands atop a building, as he sullenly reacts to a giant villain attacking.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    While it's disappointing we still gotta wait again to learn the identities of the 2 OFA users, there is so much here that put the story at a point where there is absolutely no turning back. You have both the public and the heroes knowing they want an answer, but nobody knows what that answer is, so you have whoever is left basically scrambling to do whatever they can to help others in any way possible. Endeavor's "Just watch me" going from a declaration of strength, that he'll be able to beat any foe he comes across, to a declaration of resolve, to stand and help people in this time of crisis no matter what the circumstance. Also, seeing Inko & Mitsuki moving in to U.A. now, makes me hope that the Todorokis are also moving in, cause I so wanna see Inko and Rei become close that'd be so adorable.

But most importantly, there is so much to unpack in that final genuinely chilling page. Is he possibly in America right now? Are those Melissa's Full Gauntlets on his arms? He's got Gran Torino's scarf so what happened there? And then there's just the contrast to the very first chapter, where he excitedly reacts to a giant villain attacking, and now he's just tired and apathetic. I like how he did go out of his way to write personalized letters to everyone in the class, but it's also just so sad seeing him leave everyone like that, especially with how upset Ochaco is and just how tired he is too. And with "The Final Act Begins", maybe the series really does have just a few years left to go. It's definitely clear we'll get some flashback to see how we got to this point eventually, but for now, man I'm anxious to see where this is going next.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, it is disappointing that we didn't see the conclusion of the Deku Coma Arc. The fact hat the schools now become evacuation centres does sound like a sound idea, except that they are usually big targets already, so it is hard to see how safe they actually are. It would be fun to see some of the parents hanging out, especially from what saw read in School Briefs Vol 1.

Deku leaving is shocking as his his look. More serious and apathetic and his costume is all torn. It is interesting to see he has Gran Torino's cape, something that was hinted at in previous artwork and it looks like he is wearing more advanced version of the Full Gauntlets, though they prototype only went to near his elbow not his whole arm, but he probably needs all the support he can get.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    While it's disappointing we still gotta wait again to learn the identities of the 2 OFA users, there is so much here that put the story at a point where there is absolutely no turning back. You have both the public and the heroes knowing they want an answer, but nobody knows what that answer is, so you have whoever is left basically scrambling to do whatever they can to help others in any way possible. Endeavor's "Just watch me" going from a declaration of strength, that he'll be able to beat any foe he comes across, to a declaration of resolve, to stand and help people in this time of crisis no matter what the circumstance. Also, seeing Inko & Mitsuki moving in to U.A. now, makes me hope that the Todorokis are also moving in, cause I so wanna see Inko and Rei become close that'd be so adorable.

But most importantly, there is so much to unpack in that final genuinely chilling page. Is he possibly in America right now? Are those Melissa's Full Gauntlets on his arms? He's got Gran Torino's scarf so what happened there? And then there's just the contrast to the very first chapter, where he excitedly reacts to a giant villain attacking, and now he's just tired and apathetic. I like how he did go out of his way to write personalized letters to everyone in the class, but it's also just so sad seeing him leave everyone like that, especially with how upset Ochaco is and just how tired he is too. And with "The Final Act Begins", maybe the series really does have just a few years left to go. It's definitely clear we'll get some flashback to see how we got to this point eventually, but for now, man I'm anxious to see where this is going next.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm actually ok with not knowing more about the two mystery dudes, it keeps some of the mystery of OFA and its past users which is always appreciated. The move to have the public move into the schools in an interesting and unforseen development. I get the idea (especially since UA basically has several faux cities prepared for hero training anyway) but I don't know if I think it's a good idea. That's concentrating a lot of people into smaller area which is always problematic and it gives the villains singular targets. But I'm interested in where Horikoshi is going with this. Also, yeah give me all the parents talking to each other about their kids. I want Inko to meet the other parents so bad.

Those are not Melissa' gauntlets. Those are wrappings because his suit is too tattered to cover his arms. Izuku doesn't have any help and everything he's got with him is falling apart. It was sweet of him to write letters to his friends, but I am disappointed that he didn't have a personal talk with his closest friends and reveal it that way, but with what he's doing now I get it. We better damn well get a really nice reunion scene between him and Ochako down the line is what I'm saying. I was hoping that he'd be more upbeat and hopeful after his talk with the vestiges, but while it seems to strengthened his resolve into doing this stupid thing it's also taken the joy out being a hero from him, which just makes me want to hug the little dummy and drag him back to his friends.

It does feel rather weird if this is truly the beginning of the end for the series. But I'm pretty sure we've got quite a bit of time left with it. There are a lot of things to cover and I'm anxious and exciting to see where Horikoshi takes the story from here.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, it is disappointing that we didn't see the conclusion of the Deku Coma Arc. The fact hat the schools now become evacuation centres does sound like a sound idea, except that they are usually big targets already, so it is hard to see how safe they actually are. It would be fun to see some of the parents hanging out, especially from what saw read in School Briefs Vol 1.

Deku leaving is shocking as his his look. More serious and apathetic and his costume is all torn. It is interesting to see he has Gran Torino's cape, something that was hinted at in previous artwork and it looks like he is wearing more advanced version of the Full Gauntlets, though they prototype only went to near his elbow not his whole arm, but he probably needs all the support he can get.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Again, I don't think Deku is wearing any advanced gear, it's more like to just be a suit that's falling to pieces. He's trying to do it all on his own to protect the people he loves and his family. The big dumb hero boy.

And I don't think he's being apathetic. Tired, very very tired, but not apathetic. Because he's not getting enough sleep!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:

Those are not Melissa' gauntlets. Those are wrappings because his suit is too tattered to cover his arms.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Again, I don't think Deku is wearing any advanced gear, it's more like to just be a suit that's falling to pieces. He's trying to do it all on his own to protect the people he loves and his family. The big dumb hero boy.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Don't ruin our fantasy.
    Also they could be, we don't know what damaged Deku did to his arms during the battle. Yeah, he is probably trying to keep his friends safe, but I doubt he would be stupid to do it completely alone. All Might and Melissa could be helping him, even in a limited capacity.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by leokearon; 03-22-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Don't ruin our fantasy.
    Also they could be, we don't know what damaged Deku did to his arms during the battle. Yeah, he is probably trying to keep his friends safe, but I doubt he would be stupid to do it completely alone. All Might and Melissa could be helping him, even in a limited capacity.
    Never doubt how silly stupid self-sacrificing heroes like Deku can be when trying to protect the people they love. It's honestly his major character flaw. The kid needs to take care of himself more.

Also, sorry to say this but expecting a side-story character like Melissa to make a major appearance in the main story is probably an exercise in futility.

Never doubt how silly stupid self-sacrificing heroes like Deku can be when trying to protect the people they love. It's honestly his major character flaw. The kid needs to take care of himself more.

Also, sorry to say this but expecting a side-story character like Melissa to make a major appearance in the main story is probably an exercise in futility.
    His instinct is to save above anything else, so is not surprise plus he has that whole "if i don't live to the hight standards that i set for myself, then i am a failing" kind of mindset that guys like Spider-Man, Nightwing or Cap also have.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

spoilers:
    I'm actually ok with not knowing more about the two mystery dudes, it keeps some of the mystery of OFA and its past users which is always appreciated. The move to have the public move into the schools in an interesting and unforseen development. I get the idea (especially since UA basically has several faux cities prepared for hero training anyway) but I don't know if I think it's a good idea. That's concentrating a lot of people into smaller area which is always problematic and it gives the villains singular targets. But I'm interested in where Horikoshi is going with this. Also, yeah give me all the parents talking to each other about their kids. I want Inko to meet the other parents so bad.

Those are not Melissa' gauntlets. Those are wrappings because his suit is too tattered to cover his arms. Izuku doesn't have any help and everything he's got with him is falling apart. It was sweet of him to write letters to his friends, but I am disappointed that he didn't have a personal talk with his closest friends and reveal it that way, but with what he's doing now I get it. We better damn well get a really nice reunion scene between him and Ochako down the line is what I'm saying. I was hoping that he'd be more upbeat and hopeful after his talk with the vestiges, but while it seems to strengthened his resolve into doing this stupid thing it's also taken the joy out being a hero from him, which just makes me want to hug the little dummy and drag him back to his friends.

It does feel rather weird if this is truly the beginning of the end for the series. But I'm pretty sure we've got quite a bit of time left with it. There are a lot of things to cover and I'm anxious and exciting to see where Horikoshi takes the story from here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see it as being a "higher risk, higher reward" type of situation. Like yeah, so many civilians would be stationed in one area and easy target, but also the school itself is filled with so many top heroes, including all the students that can defend themselves just as well too, so it's not as simple. Plus, with Midoriya not there anymore, it gives AFO/Shigaraki even less incentive to even attempt to try it.

The thing is to me, I don't think those are simply "wrappings" on his arms. They look far more like some kind of support braces, which would make sense considering how destroyed his arms got in the fight, so he'll need something to make them functionable. And if you look at the designs, they are eerily similar to how the Full Gauntlet looks, so I don't think it's a stretch to say that it could be them. I don't think this means Melissa will appear in a major way, just as an offhanded comment/reference, and if its not them, I still think its supposed to be some specially made brace.

That's the big point, we know Midoriya won't be gone for long, and the reunion with his classmates will be incredibly sweet and satisfying because of it, but hopefully he's not gone for too long. It will be a really interesting dynamic to jump back and forth between semi-Vigilante Deku and the students still in class, if that is what they end up going for.

I'm imagining if the beginning of the series to the All For One fight is Act 1, and the arcs all the way up till now is Act 2, this is the start of Act 3.
    end of spoilers

Don't ruin our fantasy.
    spoilers:
    It feels very much to me like this wasn't just a decision Midoriya made on his own, and probably something spurred on by a discussion from everybody else who knows the secret. We still gotta go back and see the reactions Hawks, Jeanist, and Endeavor had to learning the truth, his talk with Gran Torino, plus he almost certainly told his mother before leaving so we have to see that, and not to mention Bakugo would definitively be against him running away so he was most likely part of the talk too. He might still be out and about alone, but AM at least would know where he is and what he's doing.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    man I wish vigilantes was done by now cause it would have been the perfect time to introduce Koichi to the main series. Since most heroes quit and could be cool to see Koichi team up with Deku. Isn't deku being a vigilante in a sense unless his provisional license is still in play? Which it shouldn't since he left the school and isn't a student for the time being. Unless we say screw the laws but I don't see that happening on the hero side
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    man I wish vigilantes was done by now cause it would have been the perfect time to introduce Koichi to the main series. Since most heroes quit and could be cool to see Koichi team up with Deku. Isn't deku being a vigilante in a sense unless his provisional license is still in play? Which it shouldn't since he left the school and isn't a student for the time being. Unless we say screw the laws but I don't see that happening on the hero side
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The provisional license allows people to act as heroes without supervision in an emergency, which is probably the time of things Deku is dealing with. There is nothing to say it expires the minute you leave a hero school.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The provisional license allows people to act as heroes without supervision in an emergency, which is probably the time of things Deku is dealing with. There is nothing to say it expires the minute you leave a hero school.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But its meant for the students deku isnt a student anymore thats why im bringing it up unless it doesnt matter anymore due to lack of heroes and the crisis
    end of spoilers

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is one of the most anxious things about Vigilantes, is we still don't know what will happen to Koichi by the end, basically hoping that his story ends in such a way that would make future appearances and assisting possible. (I believe timeline wise Vigilantes is currently about 2 years before the start of Midoriya's first year) It's also funny to think about how personality wise how similar Koichi is to Deku, when currently he'd be like close to 25 years old, versus Deku's soon to be 17.

I feel like the closest example would actually be Aizawa, since he never actually joined a Hero Agency, but rather went around stopping crimes on his own as kind of a "legal vigilante", since he had his license. I think Midoriya being technically underage would be the the major difference, but considering how desperate everyone is right now for heroes, and that almost certainly this was some decision most of the adults decided on too, that's what lets him get away with that. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if for the U.A. students there is some kind of "mandatory extracurricular" activity where they go around patrolling as heroes, it'd definitively be very useful at this point.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That is one of the most anxious things about Vigilantes, is we still don't know what will happen to Koichi by the end, basically hoping that his story ends in such a way that would make future appearances and assisting possible. (I believe timeline wise Vigilantes is currently about 2 years before the start of Midoriya's first year) It's also funny to think about how personality wise how similar Koichi is to Deku, when currently he'd be like close to 25 years old, versus Deku's soon to be 17.

I feel like the closest example would actually be Aizawa, since he never actually joined a Hero Agency, but rather went around stopping crimes on his own as kind of a "legal vigilante", since he had his license. I think Midoriya being technically underage would be the the major difference, but considering how desperate everyone is right now for heroes, and that almost certainly this was some decision most of the adults decided on too, that's what lets him get away with that. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if for the U.A. students there is some kind of "mandatory extracurricular" activity where they go around patrolling as heroes, it'd definitively be very useful at this point.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    yeah I'm hoping vigilantes end in a hopeful way the only bad way I see it end is that Koichi gets blindsided by AFO and loses his quirk after he beats 9
    end of spoilers

Following tradition of the past two seasons, the first episode of Season 5 this Saturday will be an anime-original "recap" episode. Though thankfully, rather than going the clip show route from S3, it sounds like this'll be closer to S4, being a new standalone story that re-introduces everyone to the characters. It'll be about 1-A taking part in an Emergency Training exercise where they must defend UA from villains, played by Tamaki and Nejire, which that alone sounds like a really funny idea.

Also, sounds like we'll be getting some new information regarding the 3rd movie this weekend.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...794723846?s=20

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...640932865?s=20

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I can see it as being a "higher risk, higher reward" type of situation. Like yeah, so many civilians would be stationed in one area and easy target, but also the school itself is filled with so many top heroes, including all the students that can defend themselves just as well too, so it's not as simple. Plus, with Midoriya not there anymore, it gives AFO/Shigaraki even less incentive to even attempt to try it.

The thing is to me, I don't think those are simply "wrappings" on his arms. They look far more like some kind of support braces, which would make sense considering how destroyed his arms got in the fight, so he'll need something to make them functionable. And if you look at the designs, they are eerily similar to how the Full Gauntlet looks, so I don't think it's a stretch to say that it could be them. I don't think this means Melissa will appear in a major way, just as an offhanded comment/reference, and if its not them, I still think its supposed to be some specially made brace.

That's the big point, we know Midoriya won't be gone for long, and the reunion with his classmates will be incredibly sweet and satisfying because of it, but hopefully he's not gone for too long. It will be a really interesting dynamic to jump back and forth between semi-Vigilante Deku and the students still in class, if that is what they end up going for.

I'm imagining if the beginning of the series to the All For One fight is Act 1, and the arcs all the way up till now is Act 2, this is the start of Act 3.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see the pros and cons with, but it's still a bit weird for me. I think it's because it means that the school grounds are even more massive than I imagined since that's a ton of people that they have to house in liveable conditions for an extended period of time. It'll probably be difficult and crowded, but the fact that they're doing it at all suggest that they have the capacity for it and I'm not entirely computing how big everything needs to be for that.

We'll see what they are in the coming chapters I guess but I'm still leaning more towards that they're just wrappings, since that seems more in line with Deku's disheveled and tattered appearance. I just don't think that he's got access to anything advanced enough to make a brace.

One thing I do like about this setup is how it puts the spotlightalmost entirely on Deku and his classmates. I do like the adult pro heroes and their drama, but I just feel like it's been just a bit too much on those characters the last few arcs, and I want Deku and more of the class to take centre stage again. Especially Uraraka, so much has been set up for her character development now while keeping her away from the main action that Horikoshi really needs to deliver something good with her.

I can see the story being divided up like that. Hopefully this last act is longer still.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It feels very much to me like this wasn't just a decision Midoriya made on his own, and probably something spurred on by a discussion from everybody else who knows the secret. We still gotta go back and see the reactions Hawks, Jeanist, and Endeavor had to learning the truth, his talk with Gran Torino, plus he almost certainly told his mother before leaving so we have to see that, and not to mention Bakugo would definitively be against him running away so he was most likely part of the talk too. He might still be out and about alone, but AM at least would know where he is and what he's doing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There are a number of mysteries we're left with here, lots of them being reactions and discussions. I do think that it's Deku's talk with the two grumpy inheritors that made he decide to go down this path and depending on what was said there I'm not entirely sure he would've told any except maybe All Might and Gran Torino.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Following tradition of the past two seasons, the first episode of Season 5 this Saturday will be an anime-original "recap" episode. Though thankfully, rather than going the clip show route from S3, it sounds like this'll be closer to S4, being a new standalone story that re-introduces everyone to the characters. It'll be about 1-A taking part in an Emergency Training exercise where they must defend UA from villains, played by Tamaki and Nejire, which that alone sounds like a really funny idea.

Also, sounds like we'll be getting some new information regarding the 3rd movie this weekend.

That's a bit disappointing since I really wanted to jump right into it with Dabi rocking up to Hawks and Endeavor. But this scenario sounds fun at least, could be interesting if we get to see Bakugo and Todoroki take part in the fight as well since they weren't there to get their asses handed to them by Mirio.

I wonder if Tamaki and Nejire will have new "villain" costumes like they gave All Might