Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's a bit disappointing since I really wanted to jump right into it with Dabi rocking up to Hawks and Endeavor. But this scenario sounds fun at least, could be interesting if we get to see Bakugo and Todoroki take part in the fight as well since they weren't there to get their asses handed to them by Mirio.
    Oh yeah I forgot that they stop at endeavor vs high end
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Being framed of mass murder?, damn, i thought that he would at least be a legal adult by the time than that happens lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Being framed of mass murder?, damn, i thought that he would at least be a legal adult by the time than that happens lol.
    For some context (lol) first trailer for the third movie has been released! Officially titled World Heroes Mission. Just like most expected, we've got Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki, supporting some new badass fluorescent suits, joining Endeavor and the rest of his agency travelling the world (or at least America) stopping various disasters. There is a brief moment of Hawks and Tokoyami together in the action, so hopefully this means we get to see a couple of the other students and their agencies join in too, some silhouetted shots of the villain which does carry alot of "cult-ish" energy around them, and what looks to be a really damn sweet halo jump sequence, you can't go wrong. Also yeah, Deku framed for murder to make things more juicy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-zXGtewgPo

Wow! Deku being framed as a serial killer. It seems interesting and hopefully we will see some more International heroes, but the fact that it is going to focus on the three popular ones is disappointing.

Also first episode of season 5 debutted. It was a great way to start the season with a fun way to show everyone in action. I really wish that Hado and Suneater did that actual villain costumes instead of just vests.

Extraordinary Member

Movie trailer is cool. I will hold my reservations in check and just hope for a fun ride.

The new re-introduction episode is fun, but I found it weaker than the one for last season. It didn't have any charming new character giving a slightly new perspective like the reporter from the previous season, and a lot of the episode went into reintroducing the characters so not a lot of time was given to the actual confrontation against Tamaki and Nejire, at least not as much as I'd hoped. I also think that they both went down a bit too easy compared to how Mirio monstered on the class, though I guess opening the season with the class getting their asses kicked isn't the best start and at least with Tamaki there was a silly reason.

Bakugou was annoying.

But man, Mirio and Tamaki carried the episode really well with their respective jokes, how fast was Mirio's body spinning in the water for his face to move like that? And while it would've been nice to see villain outfits for Nejire and Tamaki I found the low budget gym vests to be really funny. The new OP is good but the song needs some time to grow on me, the new ED is fantastic though, just super adorable.

Enjoyed the episode for what it is. I always get a kick at seeing the rest of the class doing anything and I do like how here it felt fairly even balanced more than usual, it's a pretty appropriate companion piece to the upcoming Joint Training exercise. I do also prefer the previous season's recap more, just because that one had a better story to ground it with the photographer, while this is mostly just action. Mirio and Tamaki are the highlights with how funny they both were, I felt so bad for Tamaki by the end thanks to Bakugo's usual dumb self, at least he got reprimanded for once. (though gotta admit, using Kaminari to hotwire a car is pretty awesome tbh) Also, I'm pretty sure this is now the third time Toru has ever actually done something with her Quirk, so that's worth mentioning! lol

The opening currently I'm pretty mixed on, gives me very Singing To The Sky (3rd OP) vibes, which is my personal least fav. Not bad by any means, I've just always preferred the hard rock over the more slower ballads. I do need to give it more listens until I get used to it and see how it changes, I remember thinking Polaris (6th OP) was just decent when I first heard, and now it's my 2nd favourite. And the ending is great, the visuals especially I absolutely loved seeing all the little details with the kids (Tokoyami with his apples!)

Movie trailer is cool. I will hold my reservations in check and just hope for a fun ride.

The new re-introduction episode is fun, but I found it weaker than the one for last season. It didn't have any charming new character giving a slightly new perspective like the reporter from the previous season, and a lot of the episode went into reintroducing the characters so not a lot of time was given to the actual confrontation against Tamaki and Nejire, at least not as much as I'd hoped. I also think that they both went down a bit too easy compared to how Mirio monstered on the class, though I guess opening the season with the class getting their asses kicked isn't the best start and at least with Tamaki there was a silly reason.

Bakugou was annoying.

But man, Mirio and Tamaki carried the episode really well with their respective jokes, how fast was Mirio's body spinning in the water for his face to move like that? And while it would've been nice to see villain outfits for Nejire and Tamaki I found the low budget gym vests to be really funny. The new OP is good but the song needs some time to grow on me, the new ED is fantastic though, just super adorable.
    The Big Two did go down a bit easy compared to Mirio's fight, but I would put that down to the fact that Mirio had the element of surprise in their fight while now the calss are aware of Nejire and Tamaki's quirks and abilities, due to their internships.

Still wish they had villain outfits.

spoilers:
    Ketsubutsu's Yo Shindo and Tatami are dispatched into a city to rescue civilians while being on the lookout for villains. They try to convince them to join them, but they refuse believing in their own self-defence skills and not wanting to put all of their faith into Heroes again. Leaving dejected, the rogue villain appears, turning out to be Muscular, who Yo starts to battle. Despite putting up a fight, Yo's no match and before he's about to be crushed to death, a hooded Deku arrives to save him, as Muscular recognizes his voice.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's funny to see after so many years Yo Shindo finally make another re-appearance, which I am almost certain is only because he made it into the Top 10 Popularity Poll and wanted to give him *something* to do. I kinda like they're sticking with his "two-faced" persona as part of his character. It's also nice they bring up the question of "cramming all the civilians in one place" being potentially dangerous being one of the reasons some of the civilians don't want to put full trust into them.

And of course Deku vs. Muscular Round 2!! And he's finally worn both the hood and mask together!!! And it looks pretty damn cool. Now to see if we'll be getting a much more evenly matched brawl between the two, or Deku just gonna body him like nothing, I'd say realistically it should probably be closer to the former.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Ketsubutsu's Yo Shindo and Tatami are dispatched into a city to rescue civilians while being on the lookout for villains. They try to convince them to join them, but they refuse believing in their own self-defence skills and not wanting to put all of their faith into Heroes again. Leaving dejected, the rogue villain appears, turning out to be Muscular, who Yo starts to battle. Despite putting up a fight, Yo's no match and before he's about to be crushed to death, a hooded Deku arrives to save him, as Muscular recognizes his voice.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's funny to see after so many years Yo Shindo finally make another re-appearance, which I am almost certain is only because he made it into the Top 10 Popularity Poll and wanted to give him *something* to do. I kinda like they're sticking with his "two-faced" persona as part of his character. It's also nice they bring up the question of "cramming all the civilians in one place" being potentially dangerous being one of the reasons some of the civilians don't want to put full trust into them.

And of course Deku vs. Muscular Round 2!! And he's finally worn both the hood and mask together!!! And it looks pretty damn cool. Now to see if we'll be getting a much more evenly matched brawl between the two, or Deku just gonna body him like nothing, I'd say realistically it should probably be closer to the former.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Interesting to see some of the other students from the License Arc appearing and it is good that the whole send everyone to schools is addressed. With Muscular escaping it was only a matter ot time for a rematch with Deku, who does look badass.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A body would be appreciated since he never really gotten an easy victory at all. Cant remember the last time the bunny mask was worn but it finally looks cool. Im going to assume this is Deku "black suit phase" meaning he wont be so cheerful and is all business til he reunites with his friends or something
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is funny that Yo gets to appear again, possibly due to the poll, only to get beat quite easily by a villain that Deku defeated ages ago. Poor guy. I am glad though that he and Turtle Neck girl are acting quite casual and lighthearted before Muscular appeared. It's nice to know that even though the situation is bleak, these guys at least are still keeping some spirit up.

I'm hoping/expecting for Deku to whupp Muscular's ass. If he's mastered Float and Danger Sense to some degree close to Black Whip then he'll have way better manuverability, and he shold be able to handle OFA enough to do consistent damage without messing himself up. I'm very excited to see how this goes down.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    A body would be appreciated since he never really gotten an easy victory at all. Cant remember the last time the bunny mask was worn but it finally looks cool. Im going to assume this is Deku "black suit phase" meaning he wont be so cheerful and is all business til he reunites with his friends or something
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You know, I fully expect to see memes using Deku in his current serious phase and Bale-Baman's voice.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    You know, I fully expect to see memes using Deku in his current serious phase and Bale-Baman's voice.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My borther is already calling him The Bleak instead of Deku
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I believe, outside of the original costume that was destroyed, the only time he's ever worn the bunny hoody was when Mirio forced it on him during their first encounter with Overhaul. And the only time I can recall he's ever worn the mask was in the first chapter of Team-Up Missions. So this will be the first time he's ever actually put both on for battle. And yeah, "Black Suit Deku" is the perfect definition for this.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It is funny that Yo gets to appear again, possibly due to the poll, only to get beat quite easily by a villain that Deku defeated ages ago. Poor guy. I am glad though that he and Turtle Neck girl are acting quite casual and lighthearted before Muscular appeared. It's nice to know that even though the situation is bleak, these guys at least are still keeping some spirit up.

I'm hoping/expecting for Deku to whupp Muscular's ass. If he's mastered Float and Danger Sense to some degree close to Black Whip then he'll have way better manuverability, and he shold be able to handle OFA enough to do consistent damage without messing himself up. I'm very excited to see how this goes down.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yo and Tatami are a couple, and I think outside of Natsuo and his unnamed girlfriend, are the only characters in the series in a relationship, so that definitively helps. If anything, Deku should easily be able to outspeed him no issue now, though seeing Muscular jump around like that with ease does make me realize he's basically this series' Hulk.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've already seen a couple "DO YOU BLEED? YOU WILL" memes
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I believe, outside of the original costume that was destroyed, the only time he's ever worn the bunny hoody was when Mirio forced it on him during their first encounter with Overhaul. And the only time I can recall he's ever worn the mask was in the first chapter of Team-Up Missions. So this will be the first time he's ever actually put both on for battle. And yeah, "Black Suit Deku" is the perfect definition for this.
    end of spoilers
    I've often wondered how it would look if Deku only had the mask part but skipped the "bunny ears". I think it would work really well.
    spoilers:
    Yo and Tatami are a couple, and I think outside of Natsuo and his unnamed girlfriend, are the only characters in the series in a relationship, so that definitively helps. If anything, Deku should easily be able to outspeed him no issue now, though seeing Muscular jump around like that with ease does make me realize he's basically this series' Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was unaware that they were an item. That makes all of their interactions this chapter decidedly cuter.

With all of Deku's unlocked movement options and Muscular's Hulk-style leaps I'm hoping for them to have at least a short air duel. In general they have a much grander stage to duke it out on, so they should both flex a bit here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've already seen a couple "DO YOU BLEED? YOU WILL" memes
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    With Deku it should clearly be "DO YOU BLEED!? BECAUSE I DO! EVERTIME I BREAK MY BONES! BUT THAT DOESN'T STOP ME!"
    end of spoilers