Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Damn it, I was really hoping that we would go back to U.A after the break, but no, we are still focusing on Deku and co. It is getting tiresome seeing both Hawks and Best Jeanist getting involved in Deku's life and the mystery of AFO and OFA, instead of his friends.

Our new villain is intriquing, especially you have to wonder what's the point of dragging a limbless Overhaul around.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    We continue to get alot of good Endeavor moments still adjusting to the aftermath of everything. His "that's why I'm here" at the convict saying it's all his fault, and the public berating him but not saying anything back, since he knows all that matters is fixing this mistake, no matter how much is truly at fault or not. It's also kinda funny to think that even with all the chaos, the media's still able to figure out that Shigaraki is after "someone", which really just makes he think there's going to be a "leak" at some point.

I really like that Hawks, once again showing himself to be the big thinker, spends a portion of this chapter just going "Wait a minute, AFO's plan don't make no sense!" He really wants to understand how this "OFA vs AFO" escapade is meant to go, especially when it has so many moving parts, like how exactly AFO intends to take over Shigaraki's body. He also brings up the really interesting layer into AFO as a character, that he can't steal OFA because he just simply does not have enough hatred within him, which just shows how one-track minded, or as they put it "soulless" this dude really is.

And we finally got the return of mystery Tartarus woman which....I mean we already liked her immediately when it was just her face, give her muscles and a gun arm and now she's the best character in the series. Dammit Horikoshi! I am legitimately really excited to learn what her deal his, and even more intrigued to see what Overhaul is still doing with her too. I know Midoriya assumes they were hired by All For One, but I'm starting to believe those 2 may actually be independent of AFO, perhaps Overhaul wants Eri to regrow his limbs?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The public here shows another instance of Endeavor being blamed for Dabi's actions rather than the actual abuse Endeavor put his family through. It's an interesting case of hysteria making blame being tossed around so much that everybody's forgotten which people should be blame for what. Certainly one of the major issues with the hero system is they shouldered so much of society's safety that it only makes sense that they take a lot of the blame from the scared citizens. It'll be really interesting to see what solution to this problem the series comes to. And for Endeavor specifically I wonder how long he can just push through the situation.

I do love it whenever we get a little more insight into just how eerie AFO is. He clearly does hate All Might and OFA, but even that hatered isn't enough to accomplish his goals. So his idea became to break down a kid and twist him into feeling nothing but hate and disgust at society and heroes in general. Anything that makes AFO that much more uncanny as a person is always welcome. And yeah, Hawks trying to move ahead will all the pieces allotted to him is a nice bit of character for him.

I'm thinking that this lady is some kind of elite mercenary, ala Deathstroke. She just has a more professional vibe to her than almost any other villain we've seen so far in the series and being able to shapeshift your body into weapons would certainly work well with such a profession. I can certainly see her and Overhaul being here mainly because Overhaul paid for her services, or at least promised lots of cash if she helped him out. Though, they might still be have some connection to AFO. I can see him telling all the escaped inmates to do their own thing but giving them one tiny order or suggestion to follow that's important to him. I also love how organic her gun army looks. That is clearly part of her own body and it's great.

Also... ALL MIGHT!!! NOOO!!! Please let Izuku's dad be ok!
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Damn it, I was really hoping that we would go back to U.A after the break, but no, we are still focusing on Deku and co. It is getting tiresome seeing both Hawks and Best Jeanist getting involved in Deku's life and the mystery of AFO and OFA, instead of his friends.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm actually wondering if something bad isn't going to happen to the top three to take them out of the equation sooner rather than later. They've been set up as the best possible backup for Deku, so it would really raise the stakes if they were defeated in an ambush or something and Deku has to fend for himself. Which would also possibly lead to Izuku's friends getting involved.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm actually wondering if something bad isn't going to happen to the top three to take them out of the equation sooner rather than later. They've been set up as the best possible backup for Deku, so it would really raise the stakes if they were defeated in an ambush or something and Deku has to fend for himself. Which would also possibly lead to Izuku's friends getting involved.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is possible.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The public here shows another instance of Endeavor being blamed for Dabi's actions rather than the actual abuse Endeavor put his family through. It's an interesting case of hysteria making blame being tossed around so much that everybody's forgotten which people should be blame for what. Certainly one of the major issues with the hero system is they shouldered so much of society's safety that it only makes sense that they take a lot of the blame from the scared citizens. It'll be really interesting to see what solution to this problem the series comes to. And for Endeavor specifically I wonder how long he can just push through the situation.

I do love it whenever we get a little more insight into just how eerie AFO is. He clearly does hate All Might and OFA, but even that hatered isn't enough to accomplish his goals. So his idea became to break down a kid and twist him into feeling nothing but hate and disgust at society and heroes in general. Anything that makes AFO that much more uncanny as a person is always welcome. And yeah, Hawks trying to move ahead will all the pieces allotted to him is a nice bit of character for him.

I'm thinking that this lady is some kind of elite mercenary, ala Deathstroke. She just has a more professional vibe to her than almost any other villain we've seen so far in the series and being able to shapeshift your body into weapons would certainly work well with such a profession. I can certainly see her and Overhaul being here mainly because Overhaul paid for her services, or at least promised lots of cash if she helped him out. Though, they might still be have some connection to AFO. I can see him telling all the escaped inmates to do their own thing but giving them one tiny order or suggestion to follow that's important to him. I also love how organic her gun army looks. That is clearly part of her own body and it's great.

Also... ALL MIGHT!!! NOOO!!! Please let Izuku's dad be ok!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What I'm hoping they don't forget by series' end is that they delve into more of the general world problems and starting the paveway the next steps to those solutions. Since defeating All For One, obviously, shouldn't solve every problem. There's the relationship between the Heroes and the public, and how much both control and responsibility they end up accumulating, as well as also the issue of what the Meta Liberation Army present regarding a "Quirk-infested society" and how people should use them in day-to-day life. The question of not only how to stop villains, but how to stop villains before they become villains. (Something Vigilantes actually tackles pretty well).

I'm still really feeling the belief that AFO genuinely loves his brother (in his own twisted way), which is why he can never come to hate him, and that he just desperately wants to be reunited/force him to come to his side. I believe All Might's the only one he truly hates because he managed to defeat him, while the rest were just "bugs" or "small distractions" to him. I am still curious what the extent of his master plan regarding "taking over Shigaraki's body" is, because when you really look at it, if that was his plan from the beginning, alot of his decisions of "letting him prove himself" kinda seem pointless in retrospect. So it makes me believe there must be more to it than just a hijacking job (maybe he's doing it just to piss him off more).

And All Might's fine for now, they ain't gonna kill him that easily (unless Horikoshi decides he wants to burn the internet down)

With the way the story's going, it's making me think we aren't just gonna suddenly cut back to U.A. for a chapter, and that instead we'll get some end of chapter cliffhanger, possibly Midoriya realizing he has to go back there, and then catching up with all that's happened there. Also side note, I've always thought Midoriya's reasoning of "I can't be at U.A. because then AFO will come after me there" kinda flawed, when really the logical thing for AFO to do is to just storm U.A. when he's complete and go "Come to U.A. and/or I'll kill everyone".
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    What I'm hoping they don't forget by series' end is that they delve into more of the general world problems and starting the paveway the next steps to those solutions. Since defeating All For One, obviously, shouldn't solve every problem. There's the relationship between the Heroes and the public, and how much both control and responsibility they end up accumulating, as well as also the issue of what the Meta Liberation Army present regarding a "Quirk-infested society" and how people should use them in day-to-day life. The question of not only how to stop villains, but how to stop villains before they become villains. (Something Vigilantes actually tackles pretty well).

I'm still really feeling the belief that AFO genuinely loves his brother (in his own twisted way), which is why he can never come to hate him, and that he just desperately wants to be reunited/force him to come to his side. I believe All Might's the only one he truly hates because he managed to defeat him, while the rest were just "bugs" or "small distractions" to him. I am still curious what the extent of his master plan regarding "taking over Shigaraki's body" is, because when you really look at it, if that was his plan from the beginning, alot of his decisions of "letting him prove himself" kinda seem pointless in retrospect. So it makes me believe there must be more to it than just a hijacking job (maybe he's doing it just to piss him off more).

And All Might's fine for now, they ain't gonna kill him that easily (unless Horikoshi decides he wants to burn the internet down)

With the way the story's going, it's making me think we aren't just gonna suddenly cut back to U.A. for a chapter, and that instead we'll get some end of chapter cliffhanger, possibly Midoriya realizing he has to go back there, and then catching up with all that's happened there. Also side note, I've always thought Midoriya's reasoning of "I can't be at U.A. because then AFO will come after me there" kinda flawed, when really the logical thing for AFO to do is to just storm U.A. when he's complete and go "Come to U.A. and/or I'll kill everyone".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I agree that AFO deep down loves his brother, after all didn't he give him a quirk in the first place because he felt bad about his brother (apparently) being quirkless. Hence, his own hatred isn't enough.

Also, leaving U.A was a bad idea. Given he (sort of) came clean about his quirk, won't a school where the teach heroes, make more sense to get more training then trying to learn on the fly while acting as bait? Also you're right that AFO will just gun for U.A. anyways after all, it is the place which has a strong connection for both Deku and All Might. Also thanks to the new idea of turning the schools into evacuation centres, plenty of hostages (probably including Deku's Mum).
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

The animation team went in hard with the sakuga for this week's episode, especially for Iida's cool moments. Which is good because Iida deserves more love.

Just look at this insanity.

The animation team went in hard with the sakuga for this week's episode, especially for Iida's cool moments. Which is good because Iida deserves more love.

Just look at this insanity.
    Reminds me of this moment from the first Battle, where one animator decided to go completely nuts for just 10 seconds and it was glorious. I do think the pacing has been a little weird for these episodes, giving two full episodes to each battle, but then they sprinkle in moments like these (and the Tokoyami stuff in the Second Battle), that you can always appreciate.

spoilers:
    Midoriya faces off against the mysterious assassin, who is revealed to be a former Public Safety Commission Hero known as Lady Nagant. Her Quirk, Rifle, allows her to turn her right arm into a rifle which can shoot up to 3km, as well as being able to turn her pink and dark-blue hair into transformable bullets. He's forced to take most of the bullets head-on while attempting to flee, before deciding to take the fight to her.

She was assigned by All For One to capture Midoriya, believing her to be the best choice as well as knowing she also wants the downfall of hero society. To assist her, he gives her his Air Walk Quirk, to allow her to fly as well. She's also accompanied by Overhaul, who continues to mutter about his "Boss", while she wants to use him for her own needs.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    She's only had 3 appearances but in just the little bits we've gotten so far, I think Lady Nagant might end up becoming one of my new favourite characters. She has a wonderful design, a completely badass Quirk, and now has an incredibly intriguing backstory too! I've been waiting for them to introduce a "hero turned villain" for a long while so happy to finally see that here! Throwing in that she's got connections to Hawks and HPSC, and that it got to the point where she's even killed a hero makes me wanna know what led her down this path. Also curious regarding what use she has for ol' broken Overhaul.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Reminds me of this moment from the first Battle, where one animator decided to go completely nuts for just 10 seconds and it was glorious. I do think the pacing has been a little weird for these episodes, giving two full episodes to each battle, but then they sprinkle in moments like these (and the Tokoyami stuff in the Second Battle), that you can always appreciate.

They had a lot of good bits of animation that episode, with that bit being the absolute best. And I really like how they've incorporated visual comic book sound effects.

The pacing isn't as fast I've would like either, but still overall and improvement compared to reading it on a week to week basis. I'm pretty sure that Bakugou's match will just be one episode since it's already going from the end of this week's episode. The whole point of that one was that it was really fast.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    She's only had 3 appearances but in just the little bits we've gotten so far, I think Lady Nagant might end up becoming one of my new favourite characters. She has a wonderful design, a completely badass Quirk, and now has an incredibly intriguing backstory too! I've been waiting for them to introduce a "hero turned villain" for a long while so happy to finally see that here! Throwing in that she's got connections to Hawks and HPSC, and that it got to the point where she's even killed a hero makes me wanna know what led her down this path. Also curious regarding what use she has for ol' broken Overhaul.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I had to look what a Nagant was. It's a name used for a few different types of firearms, which is cool.

But yeah, as far as villains go Lady Nagant here is the full package. As a heroine who's gone rogue she'll be an interesting foil for Deku and his new approach to dealing with villains. Still wondering if she can only turn her limbs into guns and her hair into bullets, or if she can do other weapons as well. It'll probably be answered next week. I'm really hoping with get a super cool dog fight in the sky here.

Also, I'm wondering if having another quirk is going to affect her negatively in any noticeable way since it's been made pretty clear that it's not great for the body to have multiple quirks. AFO probably didn't tell her, since he's an ass, but we know it's not all good.

My first thougt about why she's lugging around Overhaul is that she's hoping to turn him over to his boss in exchange for a cash reward maybe.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Wow, the amount of character shilling for Lady Nagant was high in this chapter. However, since she is a cool character it is mostly justified. Though hearing about her two-tone hair makes me really want a colour pic of her. Dragging Overhaul around seems like abad idea and is only going to hold her back. As for having two quirks, it depends if she only got the one extra one it might not be a problem, like Wolfram was given a second Quirk and there was no obvious side effects.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I had to look what a Nagant was. It's a name used for a few different types of firearms, which is cool.

But yeah, as far as villains go Lady Nagant here is the full package. As a heroine who's gone rogue she'll be an interesting foil for Deku and his new approach to dealing with villains. Still wondering if she can only turn her limbs into guns and her hair into bullets, or if she can do other weapons as well. It'll probably be answered next week. I'm really hoping with get a super cool dog fight in the sky here.

Also, I'm wondering if having another quirk is going to affect her negatively in any noticeable way since it's been made pretty clear that it's not great for the body to have multiple quirks. AFO probably didn't tell her, since he's an ass, but we know it's not all good.

My first thougt about why she's lugging around Overhaul is that she's hoping to turn him over to his boss in exchange for a cash reward maybe.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Based on the info drop, it seems that she can only transform her right arm into a gun, specifically only a rifle. I imagine she probably has ways of close-quarter fighting, but it does feel like she has the best advantage when long-distance, which makes sense. Another sky battle will definitely be really cool. There's been alot of theorizing that the 2nd OFA user could have some kind of weapon Quirk, so there's that possibility too.

I imagine, based on what we know and have seen, having two Quirks in the body, especially in a healthy, strong, adult, should be fine. It's possible the "warping Quirk Factor" still took into effect, maybe diminishing her life span by a couple years or so, but in the short term doubt there will be any major ramifications. I feel like if AFO gave another Quirk to one of the UA students for example, they'd probably feel the strain much faster.

I've been thinking the reason Overhaul wants to see the Boss so badly is because he wants to use his Quirk, however he is able to use it without his arms, to bring him back to life, since last we saw him he was still in the coma he put him in and most likely hasn't woken up yet.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Wow, the amount of character shilling for Lady Nagant was high in this chapter. However, since she is a cool character it is mostly justified. Though hearing about her two-tone hair makes me really want a colour pic of her. Dragging Overhaul around seems like abad idea and is only going to hold her back. As for having two quirks, it depends if she only got the one extra one it might not be a problem, like Wolfram was given a second Quirk and there was no obvious side effects.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Knowing Horikoshi and his love for these female characters, I can almost guarantee we'll get a colour portrait for her on the back of Volume 32 when that's eventually released.
    end of spoilers

Finally got Team Up Missions Vol 1. Can't wait to read it

This was a rumour for a while but now it's official, Gentle & La Brava are coming to My Hero One's Justice 2 as DLC! No trailer or release date yet, but I'm so excited to see how the two will play together! (for some reason what keeps coming to mind is something like Rosalina & Luma in Smash Bros.) https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/my-h...rava-announced

This was a rumour for a while but now it's official, Gentle & La Brava are coming to My Hero One's Justice 2 as DLC! No trailer or release date yet, but I'm so excited to see how the two will play together! (for some reason what keeps coming to mind is something like Rosalina & Luma in Smash Bros.) https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/my-h...rava-announced
    Hopefully we will get some more details soon