Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    All Might is attacked by some villains, but he scares them off through sheer force of will. Midoriya continues to head toward Lady Nagant, when he's surprised by the revelation she possesses another Quirk now, thanks to All For One, allowing her to shoot at him from the air. With nothing else left, he creates a Smokescreen to distract his opponent long enough to unleash for the first time the Quirk of the third user, Fa Jin. The Quirk allows him to build up and release kinetic energy, which he uses to blast his way through a building, grabbing ahold of Lady Nagant.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This chapter has one of those moments where I always think about a character I like and I'm going "Are they really one of my favs?" and then something happens and I go "Oh yea they are definitively are!" Just All Might intimidating the villains like nothing is such a fantastic moment. And it gets even better when you realize the panelling is almost identical to Stain's "big moment" from the end of his arc, which is such ingenuous paralleling and attention to detail.

I like that while Fa Jin is still kinda a "power" Quirk, it does fit in line with the more "support" focused line-of-thinking of the others, it's a power-up that lets him increase the output of his power, but it's also one he can't easily overuse.

Unless we get another weird twist next chapter, I'm expecting probably learning a bit more about Nagant's history and/or Overhaul making his move to show what he can do now.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    This chapter has one of those moments where I always think about a character I like and I'm going "Are they really one of my favs?" and then something happens and I go "Oh yea they are definitively are!" Just All Might intimidating the villains like nothing is such a fantastic moment. And it gets even better when you realize the panelling is almost identical to Stain's "big moment" from the end of his arc, which is such ingenuous paralleling and attention to detail.

I like that while Fa Jin is still kinda a "power" Quirk, it does fit in line with the more "support" focused line-of-thinking of the others, it's a power-up that lets him increase the output of his power, but it's also one he can't easily overuse.

Unless we get another weird twist next chapter, I'm expecting probably learning a bit more about Nagant's history and/or Overhaul making his move to show what he can do now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like that we get another understated indicator that despite basically looking like a skin-wearing skeleton, All Might still has some great physical prowess. Dude jumps out of a careening vehicle and rolls onto his own two feet like it's nothing. And then he terrifies two weapon weilding punks with his sheer presence. Gooddamn, this character is so freaking cool.

This was a cool quick battle with a city scape setting taken straight out of a Spider-man or Batman comic. Deku's cleverness and quick thinking shines even when he's using multiple quirks, and there's something just stylishly cool about Lady Nagant using her own rifle arm to propel herself through the air. Also, Deku blasted through a skyscraper to catch his foe, that's really impressive from a sheer power point.

I did not understand what kind of power Fa Jin was while reading this chapter, but your take seems to make sense. Wonder if we'll get the deets next chapter or if they'll save that for a bit.

I don't think Overhaul can really do much of anything, unless his quirk evolved and he's capable of using it through his feet now, though he probably would've given himself new arms by this point if that was the case.
    end of spoilers

Also, one thing to add that's only barely relevant to the chapter. My MHA edition of the Suicide Squad now consists of Stain, Gentle, La Brava, Knuckle Duster and Lady Nagant. I just think they would be a fun team and fit the general idea of the Suicide Squad.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-24-2021 at 04:36 AM.

spoilers:
    A short but fun chapter. All Might shows that he can still be a badass even if he is a blood spitting pile of skin and bone. Also like the way both Deku and Nagant are creatively using their quirks, should be interesting now that the fight is going into close quarters.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    any thoughts on Fajin? People are saying its like Kaio Ken but how?
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Weel, it is an actual technique: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fa_jin
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I like that we get another understated indicator that despite basically looking like a skin-wearing skeleton, All Might still has some great physical prowess. Dude jumps out of a careening vehicle and rolls onto his own two feet like it's nothing. And then he terrifies two weapon weilding punks with his sheer presence. Gooddamn, this character is so freaking cool.

This was a cool quick battle with a city scape setting taken straight out of a Spider-man or Batman comic. Deku's cleverness and quick thinking shines even when he's using multiple quirks, and there's something just stylishly cool about Lady Nagant using her own rifle arm to propel herself through the air. Also, Deku blasted through a skyscraper to catch his foe, that's really impressive from a sheer power point.

I did not understand what kind of power Fa Jin was while reading this chapter, but your take seems to make sense. Wonder if we'll get the deets next chapter or if they'll save that for a bit.

I don't think Overhaul can really do much of anything, unless his quirk evolved and he's capable of using it through his feet now, though he probably would've given himself new arms by this point if that was the case.
    end of spoilers

Also, one thing to add that's only barely relevant to the chapter. My MHA edition of the Suicide Squad now consists of Stain, Gentle, La Brava, Knuckle Duster and Lady Nagant. I just think they would be a fun team and fit the general idea of the Suicide Squad.
    spoilers:
    I always remember that moment in the Cultural Festival where he shows his incredible reflexes and catches Mei's baby like nothing. Considering he's been keeping up with working out and training ever since losing his powers, I'd say he's probably strong enough to hold his own in most hand-to-hand battles.

He's straight up swinging through the city and using his sense to try and avoid getting shots, so in this instance he has now literally become Spider-Man.

There's been all the talk about Overhaul's Quirk having "evolved" somehow, we just aren't sure on the details, but I imagine we'll be getting that answer sooner than later.

It is funny to think about after mentioning Suicide Squad, and how Nagant is ex-HPSC, considering the HPSC President does have alot of similar vibes to Amanda Waller, especially in design. I was thinking a "SS-esque" set-up would be how we get Gentle and La Brava back in play, but with HPSC shut down currently, makes me wonder in what way they'll be popping back up again.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Based on what we seen, and what we know of the real Chinese technique, I see it kind of in the same way of storing and exerting chi. From the wikipedia post: "To generate the fa jin, according to the traditional explanation, it is necessary to transfer qi from dantian towards the limb or body part (e.g. shoulder, head, hip) that will perform the technique with explosive force (bàofālì 爆發力). If a person is off balance and stiff, they have no jin, as qi cannot penetrate the muscle to produce force."

So based on the example from the chapter, we can see that Midoriya's putting all his attention in transferring the energy to his legs, which allow him to boost completely straight through a building high enough to catch her. Essentially like a charged up power-up. We also know he had to wait and concentrate for a bit, and we don't know to what extent he can use it when he's fully mastered it, so how useful it more fast paced battles is still a question mark.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I always remember that moment in the Cultural Festival where he shows his incredible reflexes and catches Mei's baby like nothing. Considering he's been keeping up with working out and training ever since losing his powers, I'd say he's probably strong enough to hold his own in most hand-to-hand battles.

He's straight up swinging through the city and using his sense to try and avoid getting shots, so in this instance he has now literally become Spider-Man.

There's been all the talk about Overhaul's Quirk having "evolved" somehow, we just aren't sure on the details, but I imagine we'll be getting that answer sooner than later.

It is funny to think about after mentioning Suicide Squad, and how Nagant is ex-HPSC, considering the HPSC President does have alot of similar vibes to Amanda Waller, especially in design. I was thinking a "SS-esque" set-up would be how we get Gentle and La Brava back in play, but with HPSC shut down currently, makes me wonder in what way they'll be popping back up again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Exactly, I was also thinking about his impromptu seeker tryout. I wouldn't mind it if All Might became a bit of a gadget hero to supplement his quirkless fisticuffs. Like, he's not well enough to be a full time or even part time hero, but with his experience and maybe a smoke bomb or two he's not entirely helpless.

Again, a crossover where Deku and Spider-man meet up is such an obvious move at this point. Disney and Shueisha need to get on that idea yesterday.

I'd actually prefer it if Chisaki didn't like evolve his quirk. Having a character who's lost their quirk through a physical disability rather than some drug or other quirk erasing it is a fascinating prospect, especially with a character like Chisaki. And even though I'd prefer it if somebody punched him in face and tossed him in the slammer once again, it would be interesting to see him kinda rise up yet again but doing it all with his wits.

Gentle and La Brava as vigilantes in this dangerous new world would be cool to see.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Based on what we seen, and what we know of the real Chinese technique, I see it kind of in the same way of storing and exerting chi. From the wikipedia post: "To generate the fa jin, according to the traditional explanation, it is necessary to transfer qi from dantian towards the limb or body part (e.g. shoulder, head, hip) that will perform the technique with explosive force (bÃ*ofālì 爆發力). If a person is off balance and stiff, they have no jin, as qi cannot penetrate the muscle to produce force."

So based on the example from the chapter, we can see that Midoriya's putting all his attention in transferring the energy to his legs, which allow him to boost completely straight through a building high enough to catch her. Essentially like a charged up power-up. We also know he had to wait and concentrate for a bit, and we don't know to what extent he can use it when he's fully mastered it, so how useful it more fast paced battles is still a question mark.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hmm, so if one were to use a video game example, it's like when you're charging up a Smash attack in Super Smash Bros. He has to figure out a good timing for it, or create an opening as in the current fight. And I imagine that it'll put even more strain, though maybe not as much, as higher level uses of One For All. A bit like the Kaio-Ken on Goku.
    end of spoilers

Gentle and LaBrava are now available for One's Justice 2

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Gentle and LaBrava are now available for One's Justice 2
    And here's a trailer for them.

Wait we are getting 5 more characters after Gentle and La Brava!

spoilers:
    Again, a crossover where Deku and Spider-man meet up is such an obvious move at this point. Disney and Shueisha need to get on that idea yesterday.

I'd actually prefer it if Chisaki didn't like evolve his quirk. Having a character who's lost their quirk through a physical disability rather than some drug or other quirk erasing it is a fascinating prospect, especially with a character like Chisaki. And even though I'd prefer it if somebody punched him in face and tossed him in the slammer once again, it would be interesting to see him kinda rise up yet again but doing it all with his wits.

Hmm, so if one were to use a video game example, it's like when you're charging up a Smash attack in Super Smash Bros. He has to figure out a good timing for it, or create an opening as in the current fight. And I imagine that it'll put even more strain, though maybe not as much, as higher level uses of One For All. A bit like the Kaio-Ken on Goku.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We already got All Might meeting Deadpool, so we are SOOOO CLOSE. I just want at the very least for them to get Horikoshi to do a variant cover for Spider-Man, I'll take that!

That is something I don't think this series has really delved into enough, what happens when people suddenly become Quirkless? Like even with Ragdoll and Mirio, there's the initial shock and sadness, but then they continue on like nothing's really changed. And it feels like there should be a much greater discrepancy of people struggling to come to terms of being Quirkless. Overhaul becoming so mentally broken at this point does feel like the only option for him is for his Quirk to "return" and go on a rampage.

Yea, the Smash attack is probably the perfect example. It's also very interesting tactic during fighting because not only does he have to worry about his normal percentages his body can handle, but also take into consideration how much the "Fa Jin" bonus adds onto it. Also scary to think what a 100% Fa Jin punch could possibly look like.
    end of spoilers

Awwww man they look so much fun, I gotta pick the game back up now. And even more exciting they confirmed a 2nd Season Pass with 5 more characters! If I had to make predictions, I think safest bets are Monoma, Shinso, Mirko, Spinner, and Re-Destro.
    Last edited by Inversed; 05-27-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Awwww man they look so much fun, I gotta pick the game back up now. And even more exciting they confirmed a 2nd Season Pass with 5 more characters! If I had to make predictions, I think safest bets are Monoma, Shinso, Mirko, Spinner, and Re-Destro.
    One of the fun bits, is that if Gentle loses, La Brava tries to beat up the victor

spoilers:

This is going to sound weird but it feels like the PSC is trying to be like the World Government from One Piece yet can't pull it off.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Shinso and Re-Destro seem very likely, given how popular Mirko is I wouldn't be surprised and there are a number of students from class B that could make the cut. I'm a bit surprised that they haven't included any of the movie villains. My big guess would given that Black Whip has been unveild in the anime I'd bet that we're getting another version of Deku that can use that.

Speaking of Black Whip and the latest episode. It was so good! They covered a lot more ground than I thought they would, though the pacing got a bit fast it was worth it. Black Whip looked so scary and strong, and the bit where Ochako helps Izuku float to ground was filled so many loving details Hori couldn't fit into the panels (I love that we actually get to see her slap him). Banjo's voice was great and I'm looking forward to hearing the english version as well. It's a contender for my favourite episode so far this season.

Shinso and Re-Destro seem very likely, given how popular Mirko is I wouldn't be surprised and there are a number of students from class B that could make the cut. I'm a bit surprised that they haven't included any of the movie villains. My big guess would given that Black Whip has been unveild in the anime I'd bet that we're getting another version of Deku that can use that.

Speaking of Black Whip and the latest episode. It was so good! They covered a lot more ground than I thought they would, though the pacing got a bit fast it was worth it. Black Whip looked so scary and strong, and the bit where Ochako helps Izuku float to ground was filled so many loving details Hori couldn't fit into the panels (I love that we actually get to see her slap him). Banjo's voice was great and I'm looking forward to hearing the english version as well. It's a contender for my favourite episode so far this season.
    Considering the game already has 3 Deku's (and knowing how people feel about how many Gokus there are in FighterZ), having a 4th Deku be DLC would kinda feel cheap, even if Blackwhip Deku would be super cool to play. I'd rather that be free or save for a 3rd game. Nine would be really great to play as (just make him a slight re-skin of AFO), but I can see how the boat may have passed for that.

I would say they really got their groove back these past 3 episodes. The 2nd part of Todoroki and Iida's team has some gorgeous animation, and the Bakugo team fight was paced perfectly. I'm so used to imagining Blackwhip as being all black it caught me slightly off guard to see the green tint (even though that's how it looks on the Volume 22 box), but it was still so satisfying and so cool to see just how explosive and dangerous it is.
    Last edited by Inversed; 05-30-2021 at 10:29 AM.