Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It's amazing how many new and creative superpowers Horikoshi is able to come up with given we are so deep into superhero culture and have so many superheroes by now. I would love for Marvel and DC to get more creative with the powers of any new characters they make.
    Nah, modern comics are too static to allow new powers to show up now. They'd never get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It's amazing how many new and creative superpowers Horikoshi is able to come up with given we are so deep into superhero culture and have so many superheroes by now. I would love for Marvel and DC to get more creative with the powers of any new characters they make.
    I love this too, it's so great with not only with how many decades of superhero characters that exist, but how many characters in this series there are, and that he's still been able to come up with so many unique super powers and abilities. Even alot of the quirks that resemble frequently seen powers, are done in such a genius way. Bakugo is one of the best examples, he doesn't just simply create explosions, he sweats nitroglycerin and then ignites to make the explosions, it's so clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    The heroes did have the whole situation pretty much under control until Shigaraki woke up and Gigantomachia was unleashed. Those two really threw things for a loop with their sheer raw power. And while Shigaraki was held at bay, that was only possible because of tons of focused fire on him, him being inexperienced with his new quirks and the process giving him those quirks being unfinished, and even then he destroyed a large portion of the city all on his own. It's scary to think that this is the good scenario. If Hawks hadn't managed to infiltrate the PLF and uncover their plot then they would've been able to launch their own organised assault with a fully functioning Shigaraki leading the charge. So yeah, this whole horrifying situation is the good ending.

I'd be surprised of the 19 heroes shown were the "only" ones that died. It just seems like such a huge battle would have more deaths, even before the two uber-villains got unleashed. But yeah, in terms of casualties the villains seem to have gotten off quite lightly. I wonder if all the ones that escaped will be more important down the line. Majestic is such a weird case of a character, I really hope that they give a proper presentation in the anime.

Oh yeah, we got to see part of Thirteen's face. I did a short spit-take on that. I some times forget that there's a person in there, and not a living black hole that some early fan theories speculated.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    At the very least this seems to be those are the only ones who died on the battlefield, just cause if it's such a specific amount to show off they probably would've mentioned there was more if there was. I think majority of them getting SEVERELY injured is how it balances out, and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more possibly end up dying in the hospital (I'll be surprised if Gran Torino makes it).

It annoyed me so much in School Briefs whenever they have the teachers hanging out together and they'll casually mention Thirteen take off their helmet and I'm like "SHOW US THEIR FACE!!! OR AT LEAST DESCRIBE IT PLEASE!"
    end of spoilers

I do have a vague memory that somebody mentions in series that Gigantomachia could handle multiple quirks specifically because he's stupid tough. I think it was the doctor.
    And yeah, the Doctor was the one who mentioned how he could handle it cause of his strength, we just weren't sure how much he was possibly remodelled by him, ala Shigaraki and the Nomu, but now it appears he was just naturally gifted. It also seems even more likely now he is in fact the same bodyguard who we see in the flashback dream. I've also seen alot of theories saying that his "Tough Muscle" Quirk was Crimson Riot's, which would be interesting if true. CR's definitively gonna come into play in some way, and it would create another connection between Kirishima and Machia. (I've also seen theories saying that Machia IS Crimson Riot, but I think his original Quirk being Endurance helps disproves that)

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

spoilers:
    At the very least this seems to be those are the only ones who died on the battlefield, just cause if it's such a specific amount to show off they probably would've mentioned there was more if there was. I think majority of them getting SEVERELY injured is how it balances out, and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more possibly end up dying in the hospital (I'll be surprised if Gran Torino makes it).

It annoyed me so much in School Briefs whenever they have the teachers hanging out together and they'll casually mention Thirteen take off their helmet and I'm like "SHOW US THEIR FACE!!! OR AT LEAST DESCRIBE IT PLEASE!"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, sadly Midnight and co, were just the ones who died in battle. There will be plenty more who have been severely injured; already we have Deku, Bakugo, Endeavour, Hawks, Gran Torino...
    end of spoilers

Here's a funny little thing from last week, in honour of One Piece getting to 1000, Horikoshi did this one page spread featuring some of the characters as the Straw Hats, and they're pretty perfectly paired. (Also nice twist that Midoriya isn't the Luffy here)

Eq4FGFuUcAAFKn3.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Here's a funny little thing from last week, in honour of One Piece getting to 1000, Horikoshi did this one page spread featuring some of the characters as the Straw Hats, and they're pretty perfectly paired. (Also nice twist that Midoriya isn't the Luffy here)

Eq4FGFuUcAAFKn3.jpg
    I love that they're turning themselves in because they're not criminals.

Also, a lot of people would greatly argue against Mineta being Chopper. I like Ochako as Nami though, what with money being important for both of them.

Managed to watch Heroes Rising last night and it was a great movie. I loved the idea of Class 1-A running their own agency and it was great to see all the class having a chance to shine. Nine was a pretty good villain and a nice test run for Deku and Bakugo with what's been happening recently in the manga. The kids weren't the worst and had some nice parallels with the two main heroes. The whole One For All transfer was done really well, though I wish they explained how Deku actually got it back, given from what we know it has to be a transfer of DNA. Also wasn't happy that Bakugo got a convenient dose of amnesia at the end though

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Managed to watch Heroes Rising last night and it was a great movie. I loved the idea of Class 1-A running their own agency and it was great to see all the class having a chance to shine. Nine was a pretty good villain and a nice test run for Deku and Bakugo with what's been happening recently in the manga. The kids weren't the worst and had some nice parallels with the two main heroes. The whole One For All transfer was done really well, though I wish they explained how Deku actually got it back, given from what we know it has to be a transfer of DNA. Also wasn't happy that Bakugo got a convenient dose of amnesia at the end though
    All Might said that Bakugo end up unconscious so the transfer was incomplete. To me would be better if OfA had just transferred back to Deku by it's own cause it wanted, we know this power is not a regular quirk.

But this movie is really great, and the previous one is also very good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    All Might said that Bakugo end up unconscious so the transfer was incomplete. To me would be better if OfA had just transferred back to Deku by it's own cause it wanted, we know this power is not a regular quirk.

IIRC, it's a bit of both those things.

The transfer wasn't completed and the previous users just like Deku so much that they willingly went back to him.

I do agree that it's overall a great movie. But I still have mixed feelings about the climax.

IIRC, it's a bit of both those things.

The transfer wasn't completed and the previous users just like Deku so much that they willingly went back to him.

I do agree that it's overall a great movie. But I still have mixed feelings about the climax.
    It wasn't so much that the transfer wasn't completed, it was moreso like the OFA users temporarily copied it over to Bakugo, because they wanted Midoriya to keep the power (kind of like one of those reward for sacrificing yourself situations). Explanation just sounds a bit confusing because All Might doesn't know exactly and is just speculating.

This is mostly headcanon using the information we know in the Vestige dreams and Ch. 287, but I think that since we know the Quirk has started to greatly evolve once Midoriya received it, giving the OFA users full sentience, unlocking the other 6 quirks, etc., they want to help Midoriya and ensure that OFA reaches its maximum potential before he eventually passes it on to someone else. Which would explain what made Midoriya transferring it to Bakugo any different from the previous OFA users transferring to each other in dire situations, the users have the power to manipulate it now. While I was a little iffy on it before, this explanation makes me come around and appreciate it alot more. Though yeah, Bakugo forgetting is still kinda cheap.

I also really like Nine alot more on repeat viewings. He's not an incredibly deep character, but he has some depth that make him interesting (including some of his backstory from the prequel comic would've made it even better). He's another parallel to someone like Midoriya whose body can't handle the extraordinary power and his lengths to control it. He's got a killer design and Johnny Yong Bosch's vocals crush it. And that final battle is still ecstasy for my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

All might first assumes that, but he then rejects that idea; instead theorising that One For All willingly decided to stay with Deku. I would have preferred if Bakugo just retuned One For All to Deku.

Still both MHA movies are great, though I am a bit worried about the planned third.

Third movie is the first time MHA actually reference the three musketeers, right? Which is funny considering the "all for one, one for all!" is there from the beginning.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say that One For All and All For One are references in and of themselves, to the musketeers that is.

Considering that the three musketeers are actually about four characters, who would be the D'artagnan for this movie?

Extraordinary Member

Probably the person that will meet them according to the poster.

Probably the person that will meet them according to the poster.
    Make sense, i didn't even thought about it.