Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I do agree that in this instance would be the perfect opportunity for Deku to finally bring up that deep buried resentment, and have this enraged state say things his normal self never would. I've also seen so many Spider-Man stories where he takes on all the responsibility and becomes a self-sacrificing martyr and I'm always like "JUST LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS", which is why I've always been on the "talk/beat some sense into them and get them to listen to reason!" side.

Though I don't think in here he or any of his classmates would actually succeed in beating him physically in the fight. Again, I think it's more of a case of tiring him out until he realizes what he's doing to everyone, and specifically himself, to calm down and let them save him this time. Bakugo was the easy option to think about because of rule of threes, but Iida, Shoto, and Ochaco are all equally important in their relationship so they'd need to have big face-off moments too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That would be the perfect reveal for Shinso's hero costume, one of the classmates yells something at Deku, he responds back, he's suddenly brainwashed, and then Shinso appears out of the crowd among everyone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, they don't need to beat Deku, just tire and stop him enough. Like Shoto, Mineta and Sero trying to restrain him; Denki and Jiro could try to incapacitate him. And if that all fails, start sending in the brawllers like Kirashima to beat him down.

Yeah it would be an awesome debut for Hero Shinso
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    I do agree that in this instance would be the perfect opportunity for Deku to finally bring up that deep buried resentment, and have this enraged state say things his normal self never would. I've also seen so many Spider-Man stories where he takes on all the responsibility and becomes a self-sacrificing martyr and I'm always like "JUST LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS", which is why I've always been on the "talk/beat some sense into them and get them to listen to reason!" side.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That only works when the narrative doesn't punish you for trying to reach out to people. Spider-Man's "friends" have a high chance of turning evil and trying to kill him, so that doesn't really work.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm gonna be really mad if All Might dies. While it would be comeuppance for Deku thinking that he could do it all on his own, it would also mean that all of his efforts and worries were all pointless.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Endeavor tries to tell Midoriya to take a rest, informing him that overseas heroes will be arriving soon, but he refuses to stop and continues his escapade fighting villains, even despite his monstrous appearance scaring others. He declares that he wants to get everything done so that he can once again smile with all his friends. Meanwhile, the OFA users are unable to get him to listen, and the 2nd user tries to think of what way they can help him.

Sometime later, Midoriya faces off against the next hired assassin, Dictator, who uses his Quirk to control a bunch of people to harass him. Unable to properly fight, Midoriya resigns himself to being attacked by them all until he can think of a way out, until he's surprised by Bakugo, who shoots Dictator, and informs "others" that he found him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not too much to pour over here, I do really like the continued notion that just by virtue of seeing Deku casually using multiple Quirks, they all initially believe he's connected to All For One, since that's their only experience with the notion, especially in his scary look state. Makes me wonder how things might change once he goes back to a more "heroic" appearance, and how skeptical they may continue to be while not knowing the full truth.

Just like the usual with Horikoshi, he nails even the most minor of character designs, I really like Dictator's look, he's goofy in just the right ways. And finally, Bakugo has returned, which means that we MUST be getting that Class 1/2-A reunion next right? Time to see what all those outward grievances and reconciliations look like!

They're also on break next week, so we have time to wait in anticipation. Just like Midoriya, Horikoshi needs to take a break too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Kinda disappoint that Dictator didn't have a better costume like a M-Bison homage. Still looks like Bakugo (and hopefully the rest of the class) have come to knock some sense into Deku.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Not too much to pour over here, I do really like the continued notion that just by virtue of seeing Deku casually using multiple Quirks, they all initially believe he's connected to All For One, since that's their only experience with the notion, especially in his scary look state. Makes me wonder how things might change once he goes back to a more "heroic" appearance, and how skeptical they may continue to be while not knowing the full truth.

Just like the usual with Horikoshi, he nails even the most minor of character designs, I really like Dictator's look, he's goofy in just the right ways. And finally, Bakugo has returned, which means that we MUST be getting that Class 1/2-A reunion next right? Time to see what all those outward grievances and reconciliations look like!

They're also on break next week, so we have time to wait in anticipation. Just like Midoriya, Horikoshi needs to take a break too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wonder if they'll need to explain One For All for the greater public, just so that they all know that at least one guy with multiple quirks is a good guy. But that would open a lot more large scale questions that honestly may need to be explained but that the public might not appreciate. It's an interesting situation that'll be fun to explore.

Dictator had a nice blend of goofy and creepy vibes to him, and his type of people control was also rather unsettling. There's actually lots of cool villain designs in this chapter. For me the stand out is the giant shark dude Deku fights in like one panel. And at one point there seem to be at least two other villains with their own Stain-cosplay.

Whatever happens with this class reunion (I will honestly be upset if it's not the entire class, but I'll accept it with a grumble) I think that this is going to shift a lot things. And that pages where the entire class is smiling like that is beautfiful and heartbreaking at the same time. I also think it's the first time we've seen all of them, minus Deku obviously, with just big massive grins on their faces.

I'm a bit curious about the vestiges. I was a bit annoyed with Two who seemed to be ok with Deku pushing himself this much, but it also kinda seemed like he had some idea what was going on with Bakugo showing up. Maybe they're getting some info from All Might's not completed vestige.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Both the anime and manga are taking a break this week, so we'll have to mull a lot of things over until then.

It's interesting to see what they're leaving out and keeping hidden in the anime right now. Like how Hawk's message was slightly altered. It's actually quite fun to not know exactly how they're going about telling the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if they'll need to explain One For All for the greater public, just so that they all know that at least one guy with multiple quirks is a good guy. But that would open a lot more large scale questions that honestly may need to be explained but that the public might not appreciate. It's an interesting situation that'll be fun to explore.

Dictator had a nice blend of goofy and creepy vibes to him, and his type of people control was also rather unsettling. There's actually lots of cool villain designs in this chapter. For me the stand out is the giant shark dude Deku fights in like one panel. And at one point there seem to be at least two other villains with their own Stain-cosplay.

Whatever happens with this class reunion (I will honestly be upset if it's not the entire class, but I'll accept it with a grumble) I think that this is going to shift a lot things. And that pages where the entire class is smiling like that is beautfiful and heartbreaking at the same time. I also think it's the first time we've seen all of them, minus Deku obviously, with just big massive grins on their faces.

I'm a bit curious about the vestiges. I was a bit annoyed with Two who seemed to be ok with Deku pushing himself this much, but it also kinda seemed like he had some idea what was going on with Bakugo showing up. Maybe they're getting some info from All Might's not completed vestige.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm hoping we at least get one person who has some kind of reservations when learning the truth, because so far everybody we've seen who knows has just been "Oh ok" and moves on, because I feel like learning that All Might possessed a Quirk that was passed down through 8 generations of individuals to become near god-like, and now its in possession of this kid, would have alot stronger reactions in some people. I also really wanna know what the other villains would think about this, like I have this idea that if Dabi found out the truth he would go rogue to either find some way to get OFA himself, or kill Deku so he could kill "the closest thing to All Might".

I didn't notice the Stain cosplayers before, but yeah that's a really nice little touch.

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the entire class, but I imagine at the very least "the others" are probably the core classmates, Shoto, Uraraka, Kirishima, Iida, etc. so even just that first step is good enough for now. That page is also slightly unintentionally funny, considering this is like the first time Bakugo and Shoto have ever smiled like that so that was a bit amusing.

I do think it fit in line with Scarface's character, being the hard-edged one, but even he at least recognized he needs some help, to show he's not a pure a-hole. I do wonder how much of Bakugo's appearance is connected to his line, like you mentioned All Might's vestige communicating them, or if it's just more thematic connection between the two (though I'm scared this is gonna re-open up the "Time-Travelling Bakugo" theories somehow).
    end of spoilers

Both the anime and manga are taking a break this week, so we'll have to mull a lot of things over until then.

It's interesting to see what they're leaving out and keeping hidden in the anime right now. Like how Hawk's message was slightly altered. It's actually quite fun to not know exactly how they're going about telling the story.
    It's funny that the biggest speculation is not necessarily how they're going to adapt MVA, but when. Because next episode is the "training" one, and presumably the followup will be the Todoroki dinner/Ending fight, which should mean MVA happens next? However, something I noticed in the opening that made me speculate, specifically two shots: one of Eraser and Mic (+ cat), and one of All Might chilling at night. Which is making me believe they may even go potentially all the way to the Shirakumo stuff, which would be a bigger shock.

Speaking of openings, Ive been insistently waiting for the official upload ever since Saturday so have to settle with this re-upload for now, because the moment I first heard Merry Go Round it's been stuck in my head. Peace Sign, Odd Future, Star Maker, and now this have been the openings I've loved immediately. I've heard some criticisms about the opening itself, with most of it being very static, and the MLA/LOV presence making this most likely be the opening for MVA as well, which doesn't really fit as well, but at least in terms of the song I think that slaps all the way, and I don't think is too out of place for the villains either. It's got that hard rock and technically they are the "heroes" of that story.

Also, all the little teases for MVA are looking really exciting, Re-Destro's design here fits well animated, and cute recreation of the excellent Vol. 24 cover.

Edited once again: Finally Toho put up the official release, so all is right with the world!
    Last edited by Inversed; 07-01-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Merry Go Round is a very catchy song, we need an official upload already.

Hurray, Official Upload!

Extraordinary Member

Ask and ye shall receive

I hadn't thought much about the last frame of the trio chasing the phoenix shape before. It looks really cool.

I doubt that they'll switch song once we get to MVA, but I wonder if they'll change any of the imagery.

EDIT: Well ninja action from both of you.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 07-01-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I do like that we all hurried to post it here as soon as we saw it.

The Liberation Front big wigs look really good in the OP and I'm really looking forward to hearing more of their voices. Skeptic's was a lot deeper than I've imagined.

Well all want to go on the Merry-Go-Round

The Liberation Front big wigs look really good in the OP and I'm really looking forward to hearing more of their voices. Skeptic's was a lot deeper than I've imagined.
    Yeah I was the same, I was expecting something much more higher pitched, fitting in with the Gorillaz appearance. Though he is played by JoJo himself so that's pretty cool.

In terms of the others, who's VAs were recently announced, probably the most noteworthy is Re-Destro is played by Sanji from One Piece. I also personally recognized Trumpet as Ryuji from Toradora, and Geten as Ishikawa from Horimiya. I'm most excited to hear how Re-Destro turns out, since due to his design, I always heard it as Mark Hamill Joker-esque.

Recently I ordered the pamphlet from the MHA Drawing Smash exhibition and it finally came in. It's an extremely great and well put together booklet, and has alot of the stuff from the show, specifically the exclusive art pieces and the dialogue snippets, so that's really exciting for me to finally see.

I will say pretty much everything you heard about the art online pretty accurately describes it all. Izuku & Ochaco in the sky is still beautiful. Shoto & Dabi is still really cool. Aoyama and the Squid thing is just as interesting and ominous as you probably thought. Toga gets two, one very interesting one of her naked behind a skull growing muscle fibres out of it, and the other just her in a casual school uniform. There's also stuff like Tsuyu in a sailor suit, All Might in a suit, and Kirishima with a lion, which are just nice simple drawings, nothing too grand. There's also the Momo & Jiro one, where Momo is cuddling Jiro under her cape and I just imagine the shippers had an absolute FIELD DAY with that one, it's very gay.

There's also the double page spread you've heard about with Class 1-A + Shinso, and it's very beautifully coloured. One thing I did notice, just like the other Izuku drawing is that, his hair is much less green and more turquoise, closer to his "Full Cowl 100%" colour, though I feel like that most likely has to do how he painted it, since it all looks very water coloured.

As for Shinso's hero costume spoilers:
    it's nothing super grandiose, it's basically a grey suit with bracers on his arms and legs, plus his vocal chords/binding cloth obviously. It's small and in the corner so hard to completely tell how it looks, but its clear he's going for "simple and functional" just like Eraser.
    end of spoilers

Oh, and there are little drawings Eri dressed as Deku, Bakugo, and in Eraser's sleeping bag at the beginning and end of the book and it's f'in adorable.