Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    That does remind me of something funny I've seen a bunch of people talk about online, that Endeavor and all the heroes are pretty much okay with letting this child kill themselves all on their own and basically doing nothing. Which it does make sense, since they admit they need Midoriya in order to bait out the League, and Endeavor is obviously really bad at this kind of :relationship" thing, it's just funny to think about, and also leads in to why he so easily lets the other students try to handle it.
    end of spoilers

Motivation is definitively leagues above the other two villains, so hoping Flect Turn's character ends up being just as interesting too, especially since I still don't think his design holds up as well as Nine and Wolfram currently.

If I had to predict the way the plot is gonna go based on the trailers we have:
    -The Heroes being assembled and assigned all across the world, with Endeavor Agency going to Otheon
    -The action sequence of them all in their black stealth suits, which ends with Deku being blamed for murder cause of a Trigger bomb.
    -He goes on the run with Rody because he has/knows something about Humarise.
    -The climax has everyone fighting in their respective cities, and Deku confronting Flect Turn at their base.
    Crack theory: Deku's gonna get injected with some Trigger so that's how he fights at 100% in this final battle

Also, checking out the official movie website has some cool extra information regarding what all the character team-ups are, and some profiles of the new heroes and villains. Some of my favourites is that one of the new heroes is named "Claire Voyance" (and her Quirk is Clairvoyance), and one of the villains is literally just Lady Nagant except she's got a bow and arrow now.

https://heroaca-movie.com
    Can't go wrong with a lady with a bow and arrow

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    That does remind me of something funny I've seen a bunch of people talk about online, that Endeavor and all the heroes are pretty much okay with letting this child kill themselves all on their own and basically doing nothing. Which it does make sense, since they admit they need Midoriya in order to bait out the League, and Endeavor is obviously really bad at this kind of :relationship" thing, it's just funny to think about, and also leads in to why he so easily lets the other students try to handle it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It kinda makes extra sense that Endeavor is just pretty much going along with the kids' ideas since he's had his whole emotional world rocked hard. So he's probably deferring to Deku and the other students since in his mind they probably know better anyway. Which is a good indicator that he's actually not well yet.
    end of spoilers
    Motivation is definitively leagues above the other two villains, so hoping Flect Turn's character ends up being just as interesting too, especially since I still don't think his design holds up as well as Nine and Wolfram currently.

If I had to predict the way the plot is gonna go based on the trailers we have:
    -The Heroes being assembled and assigned all across the world, with Endeavor Agency going to Otheon
    -The action sequence of them all in their black stealth suits, which ends with Deku being blamed for murder cause of a Trigger bomb.
    -He goes on the run with Rody because he has/knows something about Humarise.
    -The climax has everyone fighting in their respective cities, and Deku confronting Flect Turn at their base.
    Crack theory: Deku's gonna get injected with some Trigger so that's how he fights at 100% in this final battle
    Flect Turn's design definitely seems like the kind that's going to in to a "This isn't even my final form." moment. I'm just happy that all the movies villains have had different designs. I recall that the movie villains of other long running series looked a bit too similar for my tastes.

Your road map seems likely, tossing in some comedy and slice of life moments at the beginning as the students get used to their new locations. I wonder how much focus Deku being a fugitive will get in the movie and if it'll take him away from Bakugou and Todoroki, considering how much of the marketing seems to be on the three of them.
    Also, checking out the official movie website has some cool extra information regarding what all the character team-ups are, and some profiles of the new heroes and villains. Some of my favourites is that one of the new heroes is named "Claire Voyance" (and her Quirk is Clairvoyance), and one of the villains is literally just Lady Nagant except she's got a bow and arrow now.

https://heroaca-movie.com
    Considering how many fire quirks and giant monster quirks there I'm ok with somebody having a similar quirk to Lady Nagant, but it is a noticeable similarity and I wonder which character was created first and possibly inspired the creation of the other.

I'm also interested in which students are brought up on the character page. You got the big three being characters of course along with the people interning with Ryukyu, Fatgum and Hawks, which makes sense since they're popular. But then you got the Lurkers team and Gang Orca, which is a nice surprise. Finally you have Momo and Setsuna who interning with Majestic, but hilariously no character page for Majestic. spoilers:
    The man will never be introduced properly before he dies.
    end of spoilers

The website is in japanese which so I decided to click on the google translate feature, which is set to Swedish so I'm reading really bad japanese to Swedish translations of it all. It's funny.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 07-27-2021 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Considering how many fire quirks and giant monster quirks there I'm ok with somebody having a similar quirk to Lady Nagant, but it is a noticeable similarity and I wonder which character was created first and possibly inspired the creation of the other.
    It's not even just that she's a sniper, it's the fact she's wearing basically the same combat boots as Nagant that threw me. Time-scale wise, it feels like both characters would've been created at the same time, so it's hard to tell who inspired who. Usually the way the film original characters go is the studio gives Horikoshi an outline of what kind of character they want and then he designs them, so I imagine they told him to make a "female sniper" and either already had Nagant done so tweaked it slightly, or already had the idea but hadn't finished the final design, so used "Beros" as a prototype.

Wouldn't be the first time a movie character influenced a manga character, since them using Takahiro's design in Two Heroes meant he had to re-design Hawks, which ended up being for the best.

Even still, I do really like her design, I'm a sucker for both hoods and masks. Reminds me alot of Lyu from DanMachi.

Also, since it's seeming more likely Flect Turn isn't going to be Quirkless, I hope we get some neat twist regarding what his Quirk is and how he feels about it. We already kind of got with Overhaul the whole "I hate Quirks but I have no problem using mine to accomplish my goals", so it'd be a nice change of a pace to maybe see him hating his Quirk, which would give him more interesting motivation to pursue the Singularity Theory plan.

Volume 31 is releasing next week, so cover's finally been unveiled. It's maybe a bit simpler than I was thinking it'd end up being, just Midoriya and All Might doing the Naruto thing, but it works, and the colours look really nice, wonder if it'll end up being laminated.

Volume_31.jpg

This is going up to chapter 306 so volume 32 starting from 307 is pretty much guaranteed to be a Deku solo cover or Deku with Nagant.

The volume after that probably starting in 318 will be Deku and 1A focused

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    This is going up to chapter 306 so volume 32 starting from 307 is pretty much guaranteed to be a Deku solo cover or Deku with Nagant.

The volume after that probably starting in 318 will be Deku and 1A focused
    Yeah, I'm expecting Volume 32 to be something Deku vs. Lady Nagant related. I could also see either that one or Volume 33 doing "Feral Deku" similar to the scrapped Volume 30 cover.

spoilers:
    Wow, what a great way to hit Deku where it matters and I love that it is Ida that does it.

Also, loved the splash opening with them all making Mecha-Might.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Dramatic new chapter is dramatic.

spoilers:
    Kirishima, Tooru and Aoyama deliver Dictator to Endeavor while lamenting that that can't keep up with Deku as he's zipping around all over the place, but they still have so many things they want to tell him, so they're sticking around damnit. Endeavor tells Hawks who is standing by to let the class handle the situation and not let anyone else interfere.

Shoto keeps trying to convince Deku let them join his struggle. But pushed on by so many people telling him that it's his duty as part of One For All's legacy to face off against All For One, Deku refuses and tell Shoto that they can't keep up as he blasts away from the ice. Tsuyu, Mineta and Ochako all try to catch Deku but he either shrugs them off or runs away. So the entire class help in boosting the one person that might be able to catch up to Deku's speed, Iida who manages to catch Deku's hand in mid-air just in time.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Hell yeah Iida!!! I'm really glad he got to be the big linchpin that the class bet on to catch up to Deku, he deserves this moment. And Bakugo's thought there kinda reminds me of when Deku had Kirishima be the one that reached out for Bakugo. I'm thinking that the action part of this is pretty much over, but there's still some heavy talking that needs to take place.

I'm a little disappointed that there weren't more moments of the students reaching out to Deku one by one with their own personal accounts and interactions, like in the last chapter. But we got some nice stuff here too. This might be Mineta's most sincere and positive interaction with another character in ages. Still hoping that Ochako gets a bigger moment as well before this is all over.

Depending on how this all goes down in the end I'm wondering if the plot will jump to somebody else for a bit or not. I feel like we need a check up on at least one of the villains at this point.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

We also got an extra chapter that leads in to the coming movie.

spoilers:
    It's basically just Endeavor doing the "Hit me once" test with Deku, Bakugo and Shoto to see if they're ready for the international mission. They struggle with it but at the last second Deku manages to land a smash on Endeavor while he's dodging attacks from the other two.

Then we get to see them design their future stealth suites, which has some nice dorking out from Deku, before they set off.
    end of spoilers

And this chapter also confirms that this takes place during their internship with Endeavor, which seems to be a bit of a tight squeeze continuity-wise. But it works.

spoilers:
    Hell yeah Iida!!! I'm really glad he got to be the big linchpin that the class bet on to catch up to Deku, he deserves this moment. And Bakugo's thought there kinda reminds me of when Deku had Kirishima be the one that reached out for Bakugo. I'm thinking that the action part of this is pretty much over, but there's still some heavy talking that needs to take place.

I'm a little disappointed that there weren't more moments of the students reaching out to Deku one by one with their own personal accounts and interactions, like in the last chapter. But we got some nice stuff here too. This might be Mineta's most sincere and positive interaction with another character in ages. Still hoping that Ochako gets a bigger moment as well before this is all over.

Depending on how this all goes down in the end I'm wondering if the plot will jump to somebody else for a bit or not. I feel like we need a check up on at least one of the villains at this point.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That was great, mirroring the Bakugo Rescue Squad, only this time with nearly all the class creating one gigantic ramp, each giving each other the push forward, showing everyone combined can reach the might of One For All. (Even moreso when you realize that Bakugo's Cluster attack creates the same visual as the OFA vestiges AND he creates 19 of them.) Iida of course being the perfect choice, both symbolically for what he means to Deku and the class, and then also practically for being the only one that can handle the speeds to reach him. It's really effectively emotional and hopefully nothing goes wrong so next chapter can be the one where everyone can take a moment and reconcile.

Also loved Shoto being the logical one pointing out how its clear Deku being crazy like this is all part of All For One's plan, he has a contingency for everything, might as well pick the option where you're fighting alongside others.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's basically just Endeavor doing the "Hit me once" test with Deku, Bakugo and Shoto to see if they're ready for the international mission. They struggle with it but at the last second Deku manages to land a smash on Endeavor while he's dodging attacks from the other two.

Then we get to see them design their future stealth suites, which has some nice dorking out from Deku, before they set off.
    end of spoilers

And this chapter also confirms that this takes place during their internship with Endeavor, which seems to be a bit of a tight squeeze continuity-wise. But it works.
    Fun little chapter, basically a bonus Team-Up Missions chapter. Loved Deku and Bakugo's interaction with the cape.

And not exactly, they mentioned how they were still doing their Work-Study at the Agency during the time before the War, just on days off of school. So it does take place sometime during the 2 months after their first week at the Agency. So it doesn't have to worry about somehow squeezing into that short period of time. Also some stuff in the trailer make it clear that'd be impossible anyway.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Still hoping that Ochako gets a bigger moment as well before this is all over.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She will 100% have an important role and effect on Deku down the line even if it's not now. We don't know how Hori has planned the story.

Also, I absolutely loved the callback to chapter 52. People say "WTF Iida is relevant again" but I think this moment was always meant to happen since the fight with Stain, it's just that the story got longer than expected and other stuff got in the way.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Also, loved the splash opening with them all making Mecha-Might.
    end of spoilers
    Forgot to mention this, the double cover page celebrating the series' seventh year is really cool. Mecha-All Might does indeed look fantastic!
    spoilers:
    That was great, mirroring the Bakugo Rescue Squad, only this time with nearly all the class creating one gigantic ramp, each giving each other the push forward, showing everyone combined can reach the might of One For All. (Even moreso when you realize that Bakugo's Cluster attack creates the same visual as the OFA vestiges AND he creates 19 of them.) Iida of course being the perfect choice, both symbolically for what he means to Deku and the class, and then also practically for being the only one that can handle the speeds to reach him. It's really effectively emotional and hopefully nothing goes wrong so next chapter can be the one where everyone can take a moment and reconcile.

Also loved Shoto being the logical one pointing out how its clear Deku being crazy like this is all part of All For One's plan, he has a contingency for everything, might as well pick the option where you're fighting alongside others.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Didn't notice the notice the OFA-style effect of Bakugo's cluster move. That's a really cute touch.

And I just had a thought about a potential plot twist. Say that this goes down well. They're able to calm down Deku and have him see the error of his ways and hug it out. At that point Deku will most likely let all his physical and emotional fatigue catch up and be on the verge of collapsing. It might be the perfect opportunity for the traitor to strike and steal away with him, shocking the rest of the class with the betrayal and giving them the slip because of it. That would be a really bleak twist.
    end of spoilers
    [/spoil]
    Fun little chapter, basically a bonus Team-Up Missions chapter. Loved Deku and Bakugo's interaction with the cape.

And not exactly, they mentioned how they were still doing their Work-Study at the Agency during the time before the War, just on days off of school. So it does take place sometime during the 2 months after their first week at the Agency. So it doesn't have to worry about somehow squeezing into that short period of time. Also some stuff in the trailer make it clear that'd be impossible anyway.
    Good point. I keep forgetting about that bit of a blank time period. I wonder if there'll be any other stories added to it. Like another OVA between seasons. Seems like the most perfect fit for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    spoilers:
    She will 100% have an important role and effect on Deku down the line even if it's not now. We don't know how Hori has planned the story.

Also, I absolutely loved the callback to chapter 52. People say "WTF Iida is relevant again" but I think this moment was always meant to happen since the fight with Stain, it's just that the story got longer than expected and other stuff got in the way.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do know in my head that they'll have their big moments down the line, but there's just been so much build up for Ochako in several aspects of the story and I'm just getting a little too impatient to see some of the payoff of it all.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-02-2021 at 07:01 AM.

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Anywhere you can read this chapter?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Anywhere you can read this chapter?
    I just read it on the official Manga Plus app where I read all my WSJ tills.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    I do know in my head that they'll have their big moments down the line, but there's just been so much build up for Ochako in several aspects of the story and I'm just getting a little too impatient to see some of the payoff of it all.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, the second act of the story (all from the end of the Kamino battle up until the end of the war) has really been kind of a slow burn, hasn't it? It was almost nothing but set-up arcs and there was a time when people were getting desperate and said that MHA was nothing but empty promises, particularly when they left aside the main League of Villains plot to develop other things (during the Overhaul/Gentle era). It's a very set-up-y manga and we're getting all the pay-off now, since the war started. I think it was done fantastically though, it's not like I got bored with the character development.
    Horikoshi has said in an interview that Ochako and Hawks will play big roles as a "light of hope" for readers.
    end of spoilers