Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, the second act of the story (all from the end of the Kamino battle up until the end of the war) has really been kind of a slow burn, hasn't it? It was almost nothing but set-up arcs and there was a time when people were getting desperate and said that MHA was nothing but empty promises, particularly when they left aside the main League of Villains plot to develop other things (during the Overhaul/Gentle era). It's a very set-up-y manga and we're getting all the pay-off now, since the war started. I think it was done fantastically though, it's not like I got bored with the character development.
    Horikoshi has said in an interview that Ochako and Hawks will play big roles as a "light of hope" for readers.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I absolutely wouldn't say it was all setup and "empty promises", but looking back at it the series does take its time to develop a lot of the situations and character arcs, more so than I realized just reading through it, before throwing the wrench that was the raid arc and All For One basically winning that into it all. With this current act being the "final" one I think that it's safe to say that it's the one where all that build up of all the stories will pay off. This first arc being the payoff for all the negative aspects of Deku's journey and his idolization of hero society.

So there's a lot to look forward to.

In regards to Ochako, I have read the interview you mentioned and I want to make it clear that whenever she's be in the spotlight the writing for her is really strong and engaging. I just think that when considering her spot as the main heroine of the series and Deku's first real friend she hasn't gotten as much spotlight as other characters that are as narratively important as her. So I'm hoping for lots of really good stuff from her in this act.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    And I just had a thought about a potential plot twist. Say that this goes down well. They're able to calm down Deku and have him see the error of his ways and hug it out. At that point Deku will most likely let all his physical and emotional fatigue catch up and be on the verge of collapsing. It might be the perfect opportunity for the traitor to strike and steal away with him, shocking the rest of the class with the betrayal and giving them the slip because of it. That would be a really bleak twist.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I am expecting that if the "U.A. Traitor" is still a thing, this will be the moment when it finally comes back into play. With AFO going all "Haha they don't know I've already got someone on the inside, they're screwed" which will lead to another sneak attack. My money is still on it being a reluctant Aoyama, and that's pretty much the only way I can think of it working being one of 1A without it feeling like a copout.
    end of spoilers

Good point. I keep forgetting about that bit of a blank time period. I wonder if there'll be any other stories added to it. Like another OVA between seasons. Seems like the most perfect fit for it.
    I always believed the implication was that Team-Up Missions also takes place in this time period as well. Since, at least looking at the chapters, there will probably still be a couple episodes left in Season 6 beyond just simply adapting the War arc, so I can easily see them starting the season with more "training stuff" to fill up time.

Also speaking of the anime, it's continuing to be really weird. This week's episode really gonna say screw it and just go for the Kurogiri thing now, leaving us even more anxious how MVA is gonna turn out. Which is kinda shame that's been the whole elephant in the room for this second half, since they've actually been adding alot of great stuff for the Endeavor Agency. A lot of extra Endeavor flashbacks to add more context, showing more of Endeavor and the interns doing stuff, slightly expanding the Ending fight, etc. If MVA hopefully nails the landing I hope people are able to look back at this section with more fondness too.

spoilers:
    I absolutely wouldn't say it was all setup and "empty promises", but looking back at it the series does take its time to develop a lot of the situations and character arcs, more so than I realized just reading through it, before throwing the wrench that was the raid arc and All For One basically winning that into it all. With this current act being the "final" one I think that it's safe to say that it's the one where all that build up of all the stories will pay off. This first arc being the payoff for all the negative aspects of Deku's journey and his idolization of hero society.

So there's a lot to look forward to.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is pretty much every major character/plot point I can immediately think of that we'll need to see by series end:

Eraser Head's status (every recent drawing of him has him with a leg but no eye so wanna know what that means), Kurogiri/Oboro, Shinso as a Hero. Gentle & La Brava, The Traitor(?), Stain, Toga & Spinner, Overhaul & Eri, 1B/Big 3/Shiketsu students return, The complete history of One For All, Shoto & Endeavor vs. Dabi/Toya, Shigaraki vs. All For One, and Izuku/Ochaco.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

No new anime episode this week due to the Olympics, and the official release of the chapter won't be out until Monday.

spoilers:
    So Bakugo finally apologises for all the crap he has done to Deku over the years. Also Thirteen without their helmet and UA is now a death-fortress. Of course, the real hero here is Urakaka, reassuring Deku when he needs it the most.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    After landing, and getting a quick talk from Kirishima and Mina, Bakugo approaches Midoriya, telling him about all of his insecurities and what led him to act this way, ending with him finally apologizing for everything he's done. Midoriya passes out and is taken back to U.A., which has implemented the Barrier. The civilians inside however protest, having figured out Midoriya is who Shigaraki is after, and think that he'll just be a danger to them. Uraraka then steps in telling him not to worry.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The moment of Bakugo's apology has finally happened, and I think it's pretty effective. Love everything from the imagery of the two transitioning from kids to present, and Midoriya's eyes becoming more clearer over time, Bakugo's complete sincerity over everything he's saying, actually calling him "Izuku", and then catching him when he finally passes out. It's definitely the most important thing needed to convince him to actually take it easy, when the person who he always saw as the embodiment of "the strong overpowers the weak", and who's partly responsible for why he's so self-sacrificing in the first place, is saying he was wrong.

And looks like, hopefully, Uraraka's going to have her big moment to stand up and protect him from the backlash, plus that quick intimate moment between them being a nice touch. I like that the rumours have spread so much, even though they don't know the full truth, majority of people seem to know the "major" bits, so wanna see how that will impact everything going forward. I also really wanna see Inko appear and show all the civilians who's boss too.

Also Thirteen face reveal! Love that her eye pupils are black holes. And looks like it's another week break, so got a bit more time to wait.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    So Bakugo finally apologises for all the crap he has done to Deku over the years. Also Thirteen without their helmet and UA is now a death-fortress. Of course, the real hero here is Urakaka, reassuring Deku when he needs it the most.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The transformation UA into a very intimidating fortress is quite striking. To go from a silly school building shaped like an H from all directions to something that looks like a super-villain's mega hideout is certainly a good indicator of how bad things have gotten.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    The moment of Bakugo's apology has finally happened, and I think it's pretty effective. Love everything from the imagery of the two transitioning from kids to present, and Midoriya's eyes becoming more clearer over time, Bakugo's complete sincerity over everything he's saying, actually calling him "Izuku", and then catching him when he finally passes out. It's definitely the most important thing needed to convince him to actually take it easy, when the person who he always saw as the embodiment of "the strong overpowers the weak", and who's partly responsible for why he's so self-sacrificing in the first place, is saying he was wrong.

And looks like, hopefully, Uraraka's going to have her big moment to stand up and protect him from the backlash, plus that quick intimate moment between them being a nice touch. I like that the rumours have spread so much, even though they don't know the full truth, majority of people seem to know the "major" bits, so wanna see how that will impact everything going forward. I also really wanna see Inko appear and show all the civilians who's boss too.

Also Thirteen face reveal! Love that her eye pupils are black holes. And looks like it's another week break, so got a bit more time to wait.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The apology scene is well-written as expected, the imagery is really effective in conveying that Bakugou means he's been in the wrong through their entire relationship and that he's apologising for all of it, and I like that it's a very public apology with the entire class watching them and that it's used to help Izuku see how bad things have gotten. That Izuku himself immediately apologizes is also a nice touch.

It'll be very interesting to see how their interactions are after this point, as that is as important as the apology itself.

Ochako being a gentle but firm ally for Izuku there at the end is such a sweet note to end the chapter on, and I'm also hoping that this will be her moment to shine as Izuku's friend. While it would be cool if she and Inko just told the crowd off, I actually hope that's not what happens. Because the crowd does kinda have a reason for being scared and they don't have all the knowledge and planning that the good guys do. So I'm mainly hoping that Ochako is able to calmly but firmly get everybody to take a chill pill and just trust in them. That would be really cool. I do like that there's at least some people in the crowd that believed in Nezu's promise of protection.

Thirteen face reveal was surprising but neat. She's cute but now I wonder what the rest of her body is like.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Class A managed to do it. Except for aoyama, toru I dont think they did anything to help except apprehend Dictator? Now for Bakugo I never thought he would have apologize to Deku in this series to be honest. But the fact that he did as well as apologized in front of the class is very impressive. Now I never had much of an opinion of Bakugo since he just reminds me of Vegeta pre Super in terms of his relationship with Goku and I really had an issue with Vegeta whole im better than you due to birth stick. Same issue I had there applied here in this series. But unlike Vegeta where it took the end of the series to admit his feelings. Bakugo did it now so I do wonder how their relationship will be like now going forward although I dont expect much changes from when Bakugo been teaming up with Allmight and Deku. As for Ochako her moment of saving heroes when they need saving is about to come up. But still Deku is a ticking time bomb that much is true. AFO should attack right now just to prove a point. Also are we really going to class after this? What do these students need to learn at this point in the series? Overall the Deku solo arc is now over I guess thoughts on its 15 chapters?
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

spoilers:
    Ochako being a gentle but firm ally for Izuku there at the end is such a sweet note to end the chapter on, and I'm also hoping that this will be her moment to shine as Izuku's friend. While it would be cool if she and Inko just told the crowd off, I actually hope that's not what happens. Because the crowd does kinda have a reason for being scared and they don't have all the knowledge and planning that the good guys do. So I'm mainly hoping that Ochako is able to calmly but firmly get everybody to take a chill pill and just trust in them. That would be really cool. I do like that there's at least some people in the crowd that believed in Nezu's promise of protection..
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think they do have a reason to be scared and overall nervous, however there's just something about seeing someone who is effectively still a child, who they know is being targeted by a dangerous villain, and their result isn't to want to help but instead to boo him away. It's also pretty smart that this whole time Midoriya's been trying to stand out and find his "I am here" moment, but now that's basically been taken away from him and all everyone knows of him as is either "maybe a Nomu" or a "ticking time bomb".
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    Class A managed to do it. Except for aoyama, toru I dont think they did anything to help except apprehend Dictator? Now for Bakugo I never thought he would have apologize to Deku in this series to be honest. But the fact that he did as well as apologized in front of the class is very impressive. Now I never had much of an opinion of Bakugo since he just reminds me of Vegeta pre Super in terms of his relationship with Goku and I really had an issue with Vegeta whole im better than you due to birth stick. Same issue I had there applied here in this series. But unlike Vegeta where it took the end of the series to admit his feelings. Bakugo did it now so I do wonder how their relationship will be like now going forward although I dont expect much changes from when Bakugo been teaming up with Allmight and Deku. As for Ochako her moment of saving heroes when they need saving is about to come up. But still Deku is a ticking time bomb that much is true. AFO should attack right now just to prove a point. Also are we really going to class after this? What do these students need to learn at this point in the series? Overall the Deku solo arc is now over I guess thoughts on its 15 chapters?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree that I've never really cared for the "a-hole rival" character in any of these type of series, your Vegetas and Sasukes, etc., and Bakugo was no real exception. So now that we've reached the point where he's seemingly thrown those overly competitive ambitions away in favour of supporting others to accomplish all their goals, I'm very intrigued to see where his interactions with everyone go next. I imagine we'll still be getting "Angry Bakugo" here and there, but now purely just for comedic situations. He can still be hotheaded (like when he yelled about wanting to be called by his hero name), without being a dick.

And they're not actually going back to classes, U.A. just appears to be a rest stop for everyone to regroup, before they once again head out to track down AFO and the League, only this time together. I feel like we might end up getting the class splitting up into groups, since it's hard to see all 20 of them being together the entire time, which hopefully they can use to tie up some of the remaining loose ends left before turning the attention completely to Shigaraki and AFO (specifically Stain & Toga).

As for the Villain Hunt/Tartarus Escapees/Dark Deku arc overall, I'd say for the beginning of Act 3, it's an incredibly strong opener. Lady Nagant and Deku vs. 1-A are definitively series highlights alone.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I think they do have a reason to be scared and overall nervous, however there's just something about seeing someone who is effectively still a child, who they know is being targeted by a dangerous villain, and their result isn't to want to help but instead to boo him away. It's also pretty smart that this whole time Midoriya's been trying to stand out and find his "I am here" moment, but now that's basically been taken away from him and all everyone knows of him as is either "maybe a Nomu" or a "ticking time bomb".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The reaction is sort of the opposite issue that civilians had during All Might's era. At that time it was "As long as All Might is around everything will be fine."

Now it's "As long as we shun away this one ragged kid we'll be safe."

I wonder if Deku will get a proper "I am here!" moment down the line or if it'll be replaced with a "We are here!" together with the rest of the class. While the joint moment would be really cool and a solid display of how to change hero society, I do still kinda want Deku to get his own "I am here." moment, he deserves it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I agree that I've never really cared for the "a-hole rival" character in any of these type of series, your Vegetas and Sasukes, etc., and Bakugo was no real exception. So now that we've reached the point where he's seemingly thrown those overly competitive ambitions away in favour of supporting others to accomplish all their goals, I'm very intrigued to see where his interactions with everyone go next. I imagine we'll still be getting "Angry Bakugo" here and there, but now purely just for comedic situations. He can still be hotheaded (like when he yelled about wanting to be called by his hero name), without being a dick.

And they're not actually going back to classes, U.A. just appears to be a rest stop for everyone to regroup, before they once again head out to track down AFO and the League, only this time together. I feel like we might end up getting the class splitting up into groups, since it's hard to see all 20 of them being together the entire time, which hopefully they can use to tie up some of the remaining loose ends left before turning the attention completely to Shigaraki and AFO (specifically Stain & Toga).

As for the Villain Hunt/Tartarus Escapees/Dark Deku arc overall, I'd say for the beginning of Act 3, it's an incredibly strong opener. Lady Nagant and Deku vs. 1-A are definitively series highlights alone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    How Bakugo acts from now on will likely determine how I ultimately feel about the character personally. The apology always seemed like something that needed to happen for me to acknowledge his ******* behavior (which always kinda loomed behind his every interaction with Deku and often soured them) and begin making up for it. Angry Bakugo can still be very funny, but I also hope that we'll get to see him struggle with expressing himself without blowing up, figuratively and literally. That could be amusing.

Splitting up the class with pro-heroes should be a solid way of dividing up both screen time and remaining character development. But I'm thinking the story will take a detour while Deku recuperates. It would at least be a good opportunity to do so and let us see more of the outside world. And we still need to see those foreign heroes they were talking about. First up I really need to know if Stain approached All Might or not.

You think that after the massive insanity that was the Raid arc the series would've struggled to keep up the intensity and overall quality from that. But this current arc has been one of the most engaging and interesting arcs so far in the series. Deku's turn into darkness was handled in an interesting way that seperates it from other similar stories I've read, the degradation of society in the wake of the raid is fascinating and Lady Nagant is a such freaking cool character!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

This week's anime episode starts with the kids prepping to show of what they've learned (Bakugo throwing a sharp object at Izuku still annoys me even if it's supposed to be a comedy bit) and then focuses on Aizawa and Mic's confrontation with Kurogiri before ending on the doctor operating on Shigaraki. It's a good episode that hits all the emotional beats really well.

But next week it's time for what we've all been waiting for. Next week My Villain Academia begins!

Which means that they'll have around 5-6 episode to cover that arc before probably ending on the students demonstrating what they learned during their internships. It'll be a bit of a squeeze I feel, but I trust Bones to pull off something really cool with this massively important arc.

This week's anime episode starts with the kids prepping to show of what they've learned (Bakugo throwing a sharp object at Izuku still annoys me even if it's supposed to be a comedy bit) and then focuses on Aizawa and Mic's confrontation with Kurogiri before ending on the doctor operating on Shigaraki. It's a good episode that hits all the emotional beats really well.

But next week it's time for what we've all been waiting for. Next week My Villain Academia begins!

Which means that they'll have around 5-6 episode to cover that arc before probably ending on the students demonstrating what they learned during their internships. It'll be a bit of a squeeze I feel, but I trust Bones to pull off something really cool with this massively important arc.
    I have to admit, the comedic timing of Bakugo's head piece landing in his head, the sound effect, everyone's reaction, was just so perfect I had to rewind it like 5 times, made me laugh just as hard as when Kota punched Izuku in the balls.

Thought the anime did a pretty good job, as best as it could, of characterizing Shirakumo for the limited amount of time they had, while the manga pretty much only had to rely on Vigilantes for it to be effective. Helped that the animation and voice acting on Eraser Head in that whole scene was excellent, alot of little details that get emphasized for the better, like that moment when he finally realizes the truth and has to try and hold back tears.

Now I am really curious how exactly they'll be able to fit all of My Villain Academia in just 6 episodes. The anime may cut little moments and panels here and there, but they've never cut full scenes, so unless they're gonna end up extending some of the episodes or removing the excessive use of flashback the anime normally does, I am stumped wondering what they will do to get it all in there. Especially for stuff like Twice, Toga, and Shigaraki's big moments which definitely need their time to breathe to be the most satisfying, emotionally and excitingly for the action.

We got a My Villain Academia poster, and it's excellent, obviously mimicking the first Season 5 poster.

https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/st...589496832?s=20

I skimmed through the manga looking to see what they could do to adapt the arc in the remaining episodes and this is what I came up with:

spoilers:
    20 – Ch. 220-223 (My Villain Academia)
    21 – Ch. 218-219, 223-224 (The Meta Liberation Army/Revival Party)
    22 – Ch. 225-227 (Interview With A Vampire)
    23 – Ch. 228-230 (All It Takes Is One Bad Day)
    24 – Ch. 231-234 (Destruction Sense)
    25 – Ch. 235-240 (Tomura Shigaraki: Origin)
    end of spoilers

I think if they at the very least make the final episode extra-long, they should barely be able to get everything in.

Extraordinary Member

We got a My Villain Academia poster, and it's excellent, obviously mimicking the first Season 5 poster.

https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/st...589496832?s=20

Yup, that is pretty damn dope. It looks like they're about to release a new album that all the edge lord teens are going to love, and I say that with genuine affection.
    I skimmed through the manga looking to see what they could do to adapt the arc in the remaining episodes and this is what I came up with:

spoilers:
    20 – Ch. 220-223 (My Villain Academia)
    21 – Ch. 218-219, 223-224 (The Meta Liberation Army/Revival Party)
    22 – Ch. 225-227 (Interview With A Vampire)
    23 – Ch. 228-230 (All It Takes Is One Bad Day)
    24 – Ch. 231-234 (Destruction Sense)
    25 – Ch. 235-240 (Tomura Shigaraki: Origin)
    end of spoilers

I think if they at the very least make the final episode extra-long, they should barely be able to get everything in.
    I imagine that some bits will be streamlined a bit.

Like spoilers:
    the double flashback from the start of the arc will probably just be the start of the arc to avoid zipping back and forth, too much in the narrative.
    end of spoilers

And I wouldn't be surprised if certain action scenes were very intensely animated but on the shorter side to fit them all in, like spoilers:
    Dabi vs. Geten
    end of spoilers.

Loved this week's episode. The voice acting was great, seeing Aizawa so emotional was surprising but well done, same with Mic.

Extraordinary Member

Shinso is the first character out for One's Justice 's second season pass. Here's his trailer.

And Deku, Bakugo and Shoto will be getting their musketeer outfits as well.