Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Shinso looks great and nice that we are getting the 3 musketeer looks for free

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Shinso is the first character out for One's Justice 's second season pass. Here's his trailer.

And Deku, Bakugo and Shoto will be getting their musketeer outfits as well.

Looking really cool. Like how the Brainwashing is visualized, while also incorporating Eraser Head clone attributes. And yeah, the WHM stealth suits getting added this early is a fun surprise.

As for the next characters, I'm still standing behind Monoma, Spinner, and Re-Destro being the safe bets. The 5th is a wildcard I'm unsure about. I think Mirko would be the best choice personally. While I'd love to play as Blackwhip Deku, making one of the DLCs a 4th Deku might be too much. (Though knowing how many Goku and Vegetas get put into the DB games, I won't be surprised if they do this).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As for the next characters, I'm still standing behind Monoma, Spinner, and Re-Destro being the safe bets. The 5th is a wildcard I'm unsure about. I think Mirko would be the best choice personally. While I'd love to play as Blackwhip Deku, making one of the DLCs a 4th Deku might be too much. (Though knowing how many Goku and Vegetas get put into the DB games, I won't be surprised if they do this).
    I on the other hand think that Deku with Blackwhip is the safest bet. Re-Destro is a definitie possibility, and I think that Mirko is fairly possible. Monoma and Spinner will like maybes to me, not definitie choices but possbile. Geten might be a surprise choice once MVA gets rolling in the anime.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, just saw the latest episode and there's one omission that has me a bit disgruntled.

spoilers:
    They left out the bit where the LoV are dirt poor and picks a fight with some religious fanatics to steal their money, but that group is also kinda poor. This leaves out the frankly excellent character work that sets up Spinner's narrative arc and has the main arc itself start off rather abruptly with Gigantomachia just appearing and the League being in a secluded area.

It's a bad omission for a lot of reasons.
    end of spoilers

They might cover some of it later on in the arc, the initial issue will still bug me. It would've been a much stronger start to the arc as well.

I on the other hand think that Deku with Blackwhip is the safest bet. Re-Destro is a definitie possibility, and I think that Mirko is fairly possible. Monoma and Spinner will like maybes to me, not definitie choices but possbile. Geten might be a surprise choice once MVA gets rolling in the anime.
    I feel like Monoma and Spinner are the most likely choices since we already have Tetsutetsu and Kendo so Monoma would complete the 1-B trio, and Spinner is the last of the League not in the game, so it'd make the most sense to include him.

Hmm, just saw the latest episode and there's one omission that has me a bit disgruntled.

spoilers:
    They left out the bit where the LoV are dirt poor and picks a fight with some religious fanatics to steal their money, but that group is also kinda poor. This leaves out the frankly excellent character work that sets up Spinner's narrative arc and has the main arc itself start off rather abruptly with Gigantomachia just appearing and the League being in a secluded area.

end of spoilers

They might cover some of it later on in the arc, the initial issue will still bug me. It would've been a much stronger start to the arc as well.
    spoilers:
    It is a shame they removed the Creature Rejection Clan stuff, might be the biggest thing the anime's cut so far. It may not be "super important" plot wise, but it's great for world building, showing basically the KKK of the MHA world, gives the League a kinda underdog status to start the arc, and like you mentioned, gives Spinner more of a focus on his purpose in the group. They do mention Spinner's persecution later during the Deika battle, so hopefully that stays in, but I doubt they're gonna go back and add in the CRC later.

Based on the "preview" it does look like they're gonna do a quick flashback to the MLA's first appearance next episode, so hopefully this means they include the Detnerat commercial, etc., cause that'll be a real shame to cut that too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We first get a quick flashback where Nezu explains exactly how the U.A. Barrier works and how impregnable it is. Back in the present, the civilians continue to loudly protest Izuku's entry to U.A. Best Jeanist tries to explain everything and calm them down, but it just makes them more anxious. So instead, Ochaco leaps onto the top of U.A. and shouts to everyone about what Izuku has been doing for them, even though he's in danger, and just because he has a special power doesn't make him a special person, leading them to finally start calming down.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ochaco gets her big moment! Just like Bakugo, she gets her "Calling him Izuku instead of Deku", and being the one to really try and push that just because someone is a hero like him doesn't mean he's inherently special, and that when he's done so much to help others, he deserves to be helped in need, just like any of the civilians. Hope we get to hear just a bit more from her as things presumably calm down next chapter. I also like the unintentionalness of Nezu's words over Ochaco's final page being "the one to surpass All Might", making it look like she's who he's talking about.

Also love all the little details sprinkled throughout. Inko desperately trying to reach her son, and Mama Bakugo trying to help her. Now I just need to see them hanging out with Rei. Ragdoll and Kota together in the crowd was nice addition, with those familiar faces making me think we might get more people standing up for Izuku next. It's really funny to see Monoma and Class 1-B as the ones looking after Eri. I love that even the MHA universe has "MHA THEORY!?" videos too. And Endeavor makes a nice Tsukauchi cosplay.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We first get a quick flashback where Nezu explains exactly how the U.A. Barrier works and how impregnable it is. Back in the present, the civilians continue to loudly protest Izuku's entry to U.A. Best Jeanist tries to explain everything and calm them down, but it just makes them more anxious. So instead, Ochaco leaps onto the top of U.A. and shouts to everyone about what Izuku has been doing for them, even though he's in danger, and just because he has a special power doesn't make him a special person, leading them to finally start calming down.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Ochaco gets her big moment! Just like Bakugo, she gets her "Calling him Izuku instead of Deku", and being the one to really try and push that just because someone is a hero like him doesn't mean he's inherently special, and that when he's done so much to help others, he deserves to be helped in need, just like any of the civilians. Hope we get to hear just a bit more from her as things presumably calm down next chapter. I also like the unintentionalness of Nezu's words over Ochaco's final page being "the one to surpass All Might", making it look like she's who he's talking about.

Also love all the little details sprinkled throughout. Inko desperately trying to reach her son, and Mama Bakugo trying to help her. Now I just need to see them hanging out with Rei. Ragdoll and Kota together in the crowd was nice addition, with those familiar faces making me think we might get more people standing up for Izuku next. It's really funny to see Monoma and Class 1-B as the ones looking after Eri. I love that even the MHA universe has "MHA THEORY!?" videos too. And Endeavor makes a nice Tsukauchi cosplay.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Uraraka gets her moment to shine. You can understand the civilians' fear, though I'm betting next chapter more and more people will come around when they see Deku and like the fox lady realise he's the one that has been saving them. It was interesting to see Eri with Class 1-B and Monoma trying to shield her from what's going on. It should also be interesting to see if any of the school's students will have a say.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers

yeah i had to reread that chapter cause i forgot about the CRC well manga fans are already claiming this season is a dud due to rearranging and lack of omissions. I thought the excuse of the staff working on the movies while doing the anime was false but I am starting to believe it to some extent.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

spoilers:
    Nezu is dangerous predicting that Shigaraki will get a power up since his first attack on UA yet he cant figure out who the traitor is considering he was the first person to bring it up? Ochako is talking about izuku the person as opposed to Jeanist talking about Izuku the weapon is very good. Im going to guess that Deku will be accepted by the citizens and will reunite with his school staff and his mom. I just wonder what Stain is going to do with All Might cause lets not forget we left All Might behind would be mess up that after pushing away his friends but making up with them he couldnt apologize to his master who he left behind
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm pretty sure that this chapter was Ochako setting up her grand point, and next chapter is when she really sells it in to the crowd. At least enough that they're open to letting Izuku rest in. This is the first grand step of Ochako's idea that heroes deserve to be saved just as much as civilians and generally building a more balanced relationship between heroes and the people they're protecting. That's why I think Nezu's words are on the last page with Uravity. She's the first stepping stone in opening up new roads that Hero society just couldn't take with All Might leading the charge.

I'm glad that they're acknowledging the reasonings of both sides in regards to letting Izuku be at UA. There are valid points on both side, but as Ochako does point out here. He's just a normal human being who needs to rest after pushing himself to help society. And it's nice to get more details about Nezu's expanded plans for when the inevitable attack comes. It'll be chaotic.

I loved all the cameos, and I really hope that once Ochako has made her point that all the civilians Izuku has saved can come forward followed by Inko. And the next step is Inko thanking Ochako for standing up for her son. Monoma being the one holding Eri is a bit weird on the one hand but also kinda makes sense in that after 1A, Aizawa and Mirio (and we don't know where the last two are right now) he's the one Eri is the most familiar with and though she initially saw him as UA's dark side he was a part of her becoming proud of her quirk. So she's bound to have some positive conotations with him. Hope they elaborate on it at some point.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Uraraka gets her moment to shine. You can understand the civilians' fear, though I'm betting next chapter more and more people will come around when they see Deku and like the fox lady realise he's the one that has been saving them. It was interesting to see Eri with Class 1-B and Monoma trying to shield her from what's going on. It should also be interesting to see if any of the school's students will have a say.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, next chapter Ochako will totally convince enough people to let Izuku come in. Which will certainly make her a name to remember with the general public. I also love how Izuku's just awstruck with Ochako's entire performance, even when Bakugo's talking directly to him Izuku's eyes are just glued to his guardian angel. It's cute.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah i had to reread that chapter cause i forgot about the CRC well manga fans are already claiming this season is a dud due to rearranging and lack of omissions. I thought the excuse of the staff working on the movies while doing the anime was false but I am starting to believe it to some extent.
    While the changes to the narrative structure and the recent omissions are disappointing, I think it's an overreaction to say the entire season is bad. The stuff we do get has the same solid to execellent production values as the rest of the series, the cast is doing great work as always and the base story is still great. And I can understand the reasoning for the change. Get the arc where Izuku, Bakugo and Shoto are in the same spot out first so that trio is firmly in people's minds when the new movie comes out, and finishing the season with one of the most important and game changing arcs in the series leading in to the big raid arc next season is not an inherently bad idea.

But it seems like they could've handled it all better. Instead of just rearranging scenes I wished that they'd tried to more of a mystery about what was going on behind the heroic action and with what Hawks was doing. What we're getting will still be good and enjoyable, they just seemed to have planned this big change in the narrative a bit too poorly.

While the narrative that the anime loses its staff/resources to the movie is false, the decision to switch MVA and Endeavor Agency around is definitely because of the movie. They wanted to introduce the concept of the Work-Studies into the anime first, since that's the main focus of the movie, so had it first in order to tie in directly to it. There's probably a reasoning behind that decision to have it released in the middle of the season in August (with the first movie in July and second in December), but I honestly think the smartest approach would've been to do MVA first and end with Endeavor Agency, and then have World Heroes Mission come out like in October after the season aired. That would also lead to less potential discourse of the two projects overlapping.

spoilers:
    Nezu is dangerous predicting that Shigaraki will get a power up since his first attack on UA yet he cant figure out who the traitor is considering he was the first person to bring it up? Ochako is talking about izuku the person as opposed to Jeanist talking about Izuku the weapon is very good. Im going to guess that Deku will be accepted by the citizens and will reunite with his school staff and his mom. I just wonder what Stain is going to do with All Might cause lets not forget we left All Might behind would be mess up that after pushing away his friends but making up with them he couldnt apologize to his master who he left behind
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know why I didn't think of it like that, but yeah that comment about Jeanist and Ochaco is perfect. Jeanist is asking for him to rest because they need him to fight, while Ochaco is asking for him to rest because he deserves to rest just like any individual. And since part of the reason the civilians are like this is because they've been trained to see heroes as these "perfect beings" that will do everything to save them, so seeing them as flawed people is that first step that will change everything for the better.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I loved all the cameos, and I really hope that once Ochako has made her point that all the civilians Izuku has saved can come forward followed by Inko. And the next step is Inko thanking Ochako for standing up for her son. Monoma being the one holding Eri is a bit weird on the one hand but also kinda makes sense in that after 1A, Aizawa and Mirio (and we don't know where the last two are right now) he's the one Eri is the most familiar with and though she initially saw him as UA's dark side he was a part of her becoming proud of her quirk. So she's bound to have some positive conotations with him. Hope they elaborate on it at some point.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's what I was thinking, it's funny that literally everyone Eri has had interaction with, Aizawa, All Might, Deku, 1-A, the Big 3, are all busy, so the only ones left are Monoma and 1-B. I really wanna see if this is maybe the first step of Monoma going through his attitude change, since it would be really interesting to hear his opinions on the world post-War, as well as what Deku actually is.

We don't know where Aizawa is, and right now I honestly can't think of what he would be doing, but I'm almost certain Mirio's back at Nighteye Agency helping to do clean-up. Which does beg the question, when Endeavor and his team were thinking of which Heroes they can go to for help, why didn't they seek out the Nighteye, Fat Gum, and Ryukyu Agencies? All great heroes, each with a member of the Big 3, AND have a connection to Deku already. Seems like a no brainer. If you were gonna give Mirio his Quirk back, honestly a bit too early in the story really, you might as well do something with him.
    end of spoilers

While the changes to the narrative structure and the recent omissions are disappointing, I think it's an overreaction to say the entire season is bad. The stuff we do get has the same solid to execellent production values as the rest of the series, the cast is doing great work as always and the base story is still great. And I can understand the reasoning for the change. Get the arc where Izuku, Bakugo and Shoto are in the same spot out first so that trio is firmly in people's minds when the new movie comes out, and finishing the season with one of the most important and game changing arcs in the series leading in to the big raid arc next season is not an inherently bad idea.

But it seems like they could've handled it all better. Instead of just rearranging scenes I wished that they'd tried to more of a mystery about what was going on behind the heroic action and with what Hawks was doing. What we're getting will still be good and enjoyable, they just seemed to have planned this big change in the narrative a bit too poorly.
    It is a shame that the anime's slight neutering of MVA will probably overshadow the rest of the season, because honestly the rest of it has been pretty well done. Joint Training pacing wise probably went on a bit too long for its own good, but the action was still well done throughout, with special highlights to Todoroki/Ida and Bakugo's fights.

And Endeavor Agency was actually adapted very well, including alot of good additions that improved the main crux of the arc, even if the retroactive "PLF" spoilers aren't as effective without MVA.

Extraordinary Member

Cool tribute song for Uraraka.

World Heroes Mission finally has a confirmed theatrical release date of October 29! And not just in United States and Canada, but also United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa on the same day too! In both subbed and dubbed, obviously.

Extraordinary Member

World Heroes Mission finally has a confirmed theatrical release date of October 29! And not just in United States and Canada, but also United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa on the same day too! In both subbed and dubbed, obviously.

Cool, nice thing to look forward to.

Hopefully we can this one here in Sweden as well.

I read that it's been doing better than the previous two movies, which is cool.

I've recently had a thought about the villains the this third movie. With his blue skin, darker facial markings and global scheme Flect Turn kinda reminds me of Apocalypse, and the fact that he has four elite henchmen working for him just adds to that (though based on what I've seen they all seem like they would fit War rather than any of the other horsemen). Absolutely not intentional I believe, but a fun thought nontheless.

Took my first holiday in 2 years this week and managed to get the first 3 Seasons on DVD.