Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Considering the "WHA" on their outfits, which I've seen some speculate to be "World Hero Association", it's possible we might be seeing them travel overseas. I'm also really curious how much of the "Three Musketeers" allusion they'll lean into, or if it's just a reference to refer to the main 3. Like you mentioned, if the "He" will be their D'artagnan, will they face a Robin Hood-esque villain (could lead to them expanding more of the Oji Harima lore)?

I just have this funny image in my head of them hearing someone say "All for one and one for all!" and Midoriya gets incredibly tense and scared and they're just like "What you never read Dumas?"

I wouldn't mind seeing some more International Heroes (as long as they aren't stereotypes)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd say that One For All and All For One are references in and of themselves, to the musketeers that is.
    For what i remember, Horikochi said than that reference was coincidental lol. I supposed that they just decided to lean into that idea anyway.
    Last edited by TheCape; 01-13-2021 at 07:42 AM. Reason: some serious mistakes.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It feels like it's been a while since new chapter, and things just keep getting more hectic.

spoilers:
    All For One in Shigaraki's body, alongside his Nomu, prepare their assault on Tartarus. Inside, a couple guards talk about Gigantomachia's eventual arrival, and wonder if it's worth calling any of these beings "truly human". Realizing the attack, the Tartarus bridge as lowered, as AFO flies over on a Nomu. Shigaraki wakes up, arguing with AFO to give his body back, as AFO once again tells Shigaraki he's doing this all for "his sake", and that he'll become "the next me".

Making their way through, AFO thinks about due to the excessive amount of protection of the prison, he'll need some support and correct calculation. While the monitoring system is shut off from the outside, AFO's main body utilizes an EMP attack, which unlocks all the cages on his floor, unleashing Muscular, Moonfish, a mysterious electric woman, and Overhaul, who easily take out the guards. AFO (both in his body and Shigaraki's) arrive in front of the rest of the villains, saying that this is the story of how he will become the greatest demon lord of all.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    There's a lot going on here, we get a more detailed description behind the nature of Tartarus, there's an interesting philosophical debate regarding keeping dangerous people like these alive or not, and a more back-and-forth struggle between AFO and Tomura for control.

I do find it really funny how among the fanbase, the return of Muscular, Moonfish, and Overhaul has been completely overshadowed by mystery electric woman, which....yeah I'll follow suit she looks cool I wanna see who she is lol. The most exciting thing to me though is that in the first page with the villains, we see Stain and Kurogiri, but they have yet to emerge...Stain fighting the villains does seem like a no brainer, but it's also really making me believe my theory that Shirokumo is back in control of Kurogiri's body, and I will be really happy and excited if that comes to pass!

Cause now with AFO and Shiggy face-to-face again, something's gotta go wrong for them somehow or else everyone's doomed. I do like AFO's little callback to Midoryia's whole "This is the story of how I become the greatest hero". Though one translation point I was disappointed in, in the fan translations after Shigaraki says he "doesn't want to be a pawn", AFO responds by going "You aren't some mere pawn, you'll be my king!", which I like more because he's still equating him to a chess piece, just in a more flattering way, rather than simply calling him "the next me".
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:

I do find it really funny how among the fanbase, the return of Muscular, Moonfish, and Overhaul has been completely overshadowed by mystery electric woman, which....yeah I'll follow suit she looks cool I wanna see who she is lol. The most exciting thing to me though is that in the first page with the villains, we see Stain and Kurogiri, but they have yet to emerge...Stain fighting the villains does seem like a no brainer, but it's also really making me believe my theory that Shirokumo is back in control of Kurogiri's body, and I will be really happy and excited if that comes to pass!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Fanbase: "Who cares about Muscle Venom, Bad Tooth and No arms/no powers man, when we have a hot new woman"

Still no sign of Mustard though. I could see Stain and Kurogiri battling the villains or even just staying in their cells. Also AFO better do something about that live support equipment, because that screams obvious target.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by leokearon; 01-17-2021 at 11:03 AM.

It feels like it's been a while since new chapter, and things just keep getting more hectic.

spoilers:
    All For One in Shigaraki's body, alongside his Nomu, prepare their assault on Tartarus. Inside, a couple guards talk about Gigantomachia's eventual arrival, and wonder if it's worth calling any of these beings "truly human". Realizing the attack, the Tartarus bridge as lowered, as AFO flies over on a Nomu. Shigaraki wakes up, arguing with AFO to give his body back, as AFO once again tells Shigaraki he's doing this all for "his sake", and that he'll become "the next me".

Making their way through, AFO thinks about due to the excessive amount of protection of the prison, he'll need some support and correct calculation. While the monitoring system is shut off from the outside, AFO's main body utilizes an EMP attack, which unlocks all the cages on his floor, unleashing Muscular, Moonfish, a mysterious electric woman, and Overhaul, who easily take out the guards. AFO (both in his body and Shigaraki's) arrive in front of the rest of the villains, saying that this is the story of how he will become the greatest demon lord of all.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    There's a lot going on here, we get a more detailed description behind the nature of Tartarus, there's an interesting philosophical debate regarding keeping dangerous people like these alive or not, and a more back-and-forth struggle between AFO and Tomura for control.

Cause now with AFO and Shiggy face-to-face again, something's gotta go wrong for them somehow or else everyone's doomed. I do like AFO's little callback to Midoryia's whole "This is the story of how I become the greatest hero". Though one translation point I was disappointed in, in the fan translations after Shigaraki says he "doesn't want to be a pawn", AFO responds by going "You aren't some mere pawn, you'll be my king!", which I like more because he's still equating him to a chess piece, just in a more flattering way, rather than simply calling him "the next me".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Same thing with Mirko, she became popular just by being introduced, even before her moment of shine.

Anyway, the heroes need a big, and i mean BIG, help right now.
    AFO Shigaraki by himself basically destroyed the top guns of the Hero Association and now the Big Bad is loose along with a bunch of high level villains. I can't see a scenario where they win if all the forces clash against each other.

It would be a cool moment to introduce heroes from other countrys to boost up their ranks.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That discussion at the beginning was quite striking. I think that those viewpoints will come up later in the series as society debates how to deal with this disaster, and Deku specifically needs to figure out how to deal with Shigaraki.

Being fair, Muscular and Moonfish are probably two of the least interesting members of the League of Villains, they were just dangerous killers that needed to be taken down, and I think that if they'd stuck around then the League would've looked a lot less sympathetic compared to what have now. They do however fit perfectly into All For One's just flat out evil agenda. We know what to get from them. The new lady has a neat design even now while being dressed in a drab prison outfit, and her attitude make one wonder why she's in a prison built for the worst of the worst. She gets little screen time but it's used well as soft introduction. And that, along with everything else, is enough to overshadow Overhaul's appearance.

I actually don't think that Stain will start a fight here. Remember that when he was active he ambushed heroes in one on one scenarios since as dangerous as he is, he's not well-equiped to fight larger groups. Here he doesn't even have any of his weapons. I'd guess that he's gonna make a run for it and live to fight another day. The situation with Kurogiri/Shirakumo is more up in the air, but I'm also rea interested in how that'll develop.

One part of this chapter I really liked is AFO laying out why it would've been difficult to get himself freed even Gigantomachia. They had the place secured real good, and they only way he was really getting out of there was by basically being in two places at once. Now, something does need to go wrong here, and my guess would be that the Shigaraki/AFO argument doesn't work out as well as AFO hopes. Just something to slow him down, then the freed villains won't have any leader guiding them. I was wondering if they could take over the prison as a new base of operations. But there might be too many problems with that course of action.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Still no sign of Mustard though. I could see Stain and Kurogiri battling the villains or even just staying in their cells. Also AFO better do something about that live support equipment, because that screams obvious target.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Mustard is younger than the UA kids so I doubt that he'd be tossed into a prison built for the worst criminals Japan has to offer. Kinda makes me want to see what their super-juvie looks like.

I very much doubt that Stain would pass up a chance to do anything when given a chance. Whether that's killing villains or escaping remains to be seen.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    spoilers:
    Same thing with Mirko, she became popular just by being introduced, even before her moment of shine.

Anyway, the heroes need a big, and i mean BIG, help right now.
    AFO Shigaraki by himself basically destroyed the top guns of the Hero Association and now the Big Bad is loose along with a bunch of high level villains. I can't see a scenario where they win if all the forces clash against each other.

It would be a cool moment to introduce heroes from other countrys to boost up their ranks.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd say that Mirko had more immediately going for her when she was introduced. A fun attitude, cool design, instant recognition in that she's one of the top ranking heroes in Japan (the top ranking heroine at that), she just screamed awesome and fun. This new lady is more demure and it isn't instantly obvious what her deal is. Though considering that the series is fairly lacking in villainesses (losing Curious still smarts a bit), I can totally get people just leaping to keep her.

While introducing more international heroes would be cool, I honestly want to put more focus on the kids again. They've been through so much now and I need to know how they'll deal with everything. Though, there does need to be a reason why AFO doesn't just start tearing through Japan with his little army, I'm guessing that his squabble with Shigaraki will put a hold on it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also Burnin too! People just looooooove their Horikoshi waifus.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That discussion at the beginning was quite striking. I think that those viewpoints will come up later in the series as society debates how to deal with this disaster, and Deku specifically needs to figure out how to deal with Shigaraki.

Being fair, Muscular and Moonfish are probably two of the least interesting members of the League of Villains, they were just dangerous killers that needed to be taken down, and I think that if they'd stuck around then the League would've looked a lot less sympathetic compared to what have now. They do however fit perfectly into All For One's just flat out evil agenda. We know what to get from them. The new lady has a neat design even now while being dressed in a drab prison outfit, and her attitude make one wonder why she's in a prison built for the worst of the worst. She gets little screen time but it's used well as soft introduction. And that, along with everything else, is enough to overshadow Overhaul's appearance.

I actually don't think that Stain will start a fight here. Remember that when he was active he ambushed heroes in one on one scenarios since as dangerous as he is, he's not well-equiped to fight larger groups. Here he doesn't even have any of his weapons. I'd guess that he's gonna make a run for it and live to fight another day. The situation with Kurogiri/Shirakumo is more up in the air, but I'm also rea interested in how that'll develop.

One part of this chapter I really liked is AFO laying out why it would've been difficult to get himself freed even Gigantomachia. They had the place secured real good, and they only way he was really getting out of there was by basically being in two places at once. Now, something does need to go wrong here, and my guess would be that the Shigaraki/AFO argument doesn't work out as well as AFO hopes. Just something to slow him down, then the freed villains won't have any leader guiding them. I was wondering if they could take over the prison as a new base of operations. But there might be too many problems with that course of action.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It expands alot more on the situation between Hawks and Twice, and then the question Toga asked Uraraka during their fight, where her conclusion is basically "I don't want you to die, but if you keep hurting people, I'll do anything I can to stop you".

Definitively the fact that the woman appears the most "normal" out of literally everyone there makes it even more curious why she's among this group of serial killers and what her deal is.
    (I've seen some people already theorizing she's Eri's mother, cause they have similar hair, but I dunno feels like too much of a stretch. It's kinda the same line of thinking behind Muscular being Bakugo's dad, or Geten being Natsuo, or 2nd OFA user being Bakugo, etc.)

What's funny is that technically speaking, Nine's crew from Heroes Rising probably should be down here too, but considering their nature as movie characters, probably won't be anything more than just cameos, if even that. Chimera especially would be incredibly useful, probably overall stronger than Muscular is.

One thing regarding Stain I noticed was that the first time we saw him when AFO was arrested, he was in a restricting container, just like AFO, Muscular, and Kurogiri are, but now in that page, he's just free in his cell. Either it's a small thing that isn't really supposed to matter, or they don't believe him to be "as dangerous" anymore. Maybe All Might had his talk with Stain and something happened?

Especially with how much Tartarus was built up, and how it effectively fell in one chapter, they did need to establish in some way that it is as impressive as everyone else said, so having All For One himself admit that it's basically a case of luck that he can be in two places at once that he could accomplish all that helps it work out overall. Also damn is Midoriya gonna be in trouble, because now 2 villains he helped put away (3 including Stain) are free, plus AFO/Shiggy still want him, they're gonna need some Hero Witness Protection Program eventually lol.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Mustard is younger than the UA kids so I doubt that he'd be tossed into a prison built for the worst criminals Japan has to offer. Kinda makes me want to see what their super-juvie looks like.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah I was about to say, Mustard is pretty much just an angsty kid, while the other two are legit serial killers, plus he's alot easier to contain, so I imagine he'd just be in a normal prison, or like you mentioned juvie.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

What's funny is that technically speaking, Nine's crew from Heroes Rising probably should be down here too, but considering their nature as movie characters, probably won't be anything more than just cameos, if even that. Chimera especially would be incredibly useful, probably overall stronger than Muscular is.

One thing regarding Stain I noticed was that the first time we saw him when AFO was arrested, he was in a restricting container, just like AFO, Muscular, and Kurogiri are, but now in that page, he's just free in his cell. Either it's a small thing that isn't really supposed to matter, or they don't believe him to be "as dangerous" anymore. Maybe All Might had his talk with Stain and something happened?

Especially with how much Tartarus was built up, and how it effectively fell in one chapter, they did need to establish in some way that it is as impressive as everyone else said, so having All For One himself admit that it's basically a case of luck that he can be in two places at once that he could accomplish all that helps it work out overall. Also damn is Midoriya gonna be in trouble, because now 2 villains he helped put away (3 including Stain) are free, plus AFO/Shiggy still want him, they're gonna need some Hero Witness Protection Program eventually lol.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Nine's crew probably is there and NIne did make a brief cameo in the manga, but sadly they will probably just be cameos if they do appear.

Witness Protection Program isn't going to help Deku given AFO can just search for him, so he'll just have to get stronger and beat them.
    end of spoilers

Did someone say crack theory? ...No? Well I'm doing it anyway. Guess I'll tag it becaues it references the latest event.

spoilers:
    Midnight's body is revealed to have gone missing. We find out after the big escape, Kurogiri (spurred on by the part of him still Oboro), took her to the Doc (assuming he escaped too) to be "resurrected" like he was, and we get Nomu League of Villains Midnight! And even more angst for Aizawa sensei and Present Mic.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-18-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Did someone say crack theory? ...No? Well I'm doing it anyway. Guess I'll tag it becaues it references the latest event.

spoilers:
    Midnight's body is revealed to have gone missing. We find out after the big escape, Kurogiri (spurred on by the part of him still Oboro), took her to the Doc (assuming he escaped too) to be "resurrected" like he was, and we get Nomu League of Villains Midnight! And even more angst for Aizawa sensei and Present Mic.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's a crack theory alright
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    What are your thoughts on Midnight offscreen death I really didnt like it considering how much longer her charatcer has been around compared to someone like Crust who got a panel? As for the prison break glad that it occurred pretty quickly but I think either Shigi kills AFO next chapter if he regains control. Also question who are we trying not to spoil when it comes to this thread. Seems like everyone here reads the manga same with the previous 2020 thread?
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It expands alot more on the situation between Hawks and Twice, and then the question Toga asked Uraraka during their fight, where her conclusion is basically "I don't want you to die, but if you keep hurting people, I'll do anything I can to stop you".

Definitively the fact that the woman appears the most "normal" out of literally everyone there makes it even more curious why she's among this group of serial killers and what her deal is.
    (I've seen some people already theorizing she's Eri's mother, cause they have similar hair, but I dunno feels like too much of a stretch. It's kinda the same line of thinking behind Muscular being Bakugo's dad, or Geten being Natsuo, or 2nd OFA user being Bakugo, etc.)

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The whole is making me think that lines will be drawn in regards to how hard the heroes have to go after the villains, as well as whether they should use lethal force or not (a discussion I tend to welcome in my superhero comics).

I personally don't think that her hair looks anything like Eri, but I've seen people saying she resembles Momo (I disagree with that as well). People always want to make characters connected. I'm personally more interested in her quirk. We do see a bit of an energy aura when she locks up Overhaul's cell. So it might be electricity or magnetism to mess with the door's circuits, or make it easier to open. A rather subtle display in all this chaos, along with the fact that she took the time to open it up for him. Again, it's soft introduction and it's done a good job. I'm interested in her.

I'd forgotten that All Might wanted to have a talk with Stain. Depending on how this part ends we should get to see some of that in a flashback here.

One of my favourite fandom reactions from this chapter is seeing fan comics of the new villainess asking the others how they ended up in the slammar, and Muscular, Stain and Overhaul all mention Midoriya. I've also seen a few people hoping that when Deku meets Muscular again, he takes a moment to get over the shock of seeing the bastard free and then wrecks his **** with his current mastery of One For All. That would be very satisfying.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    What are your thoughts on Midnight offscreen death I really didnt like it considering how much longer her charatcer has been around compared to someone like Crust who got a panel? As for the prison break glad that it occurred pretty quickly but I think either Shigi kills AFO next chapter if he regains control. Also question who are we trying not to spoil when it comes to this thread. Seems like everyone here reads the manga same with the previous 2020 thread?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm ok with Midnight's death being off screen. It makes the way it was revealed that much more impactful and shocking in the moment. And it will most likely have a greater impact on the cast than Crust's death, so I'm ok with it.
    end of spoilers

And we use spoiler tags, I believe, mainly just in case somebody who only read the physical copies or just watches the anime finds their way in here. I guess it might seem a bit excessive, but I personally don't mind it.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I actually liked it, it helped with the impact since there was a chance she would be okay, but sadly that wasn't the case.
    As for the spoiler tags I believe it is out of respect for anyone new who comes to the thread, that might not be caught up with the manga
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Gives me big Lady Stoneheart vibes from A Song Of Ice And Fire. Only issue is not only is the Doctor arrested, but also the entire lab with all of his resources have been destroyed, so even if he does escape, it feels like it'll be a *long* while till we see new Nomu again. Cause it's just these 7 are all that remain.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Nine's crew probably is there and NIne did make a brief cameo in the manga, but sadly they will probably just be cameos if they do appear.

Witness Protection Program isn't going to help Deku given AFO can just search for him, so he'll just have to get stronger and beat them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that's why I hope we get them as at least background cameos, since he's already done it with Nine before (and of course, he's dead so makes sense why he won't be back).

Considering how Shigaraki was created in the first place, I am reallllllllllly worried about AFO using Izuku's mother to try and get to him. I'm surprised "Give me One For All or I'll kill your loved one" seemingly isn't a tactic he's used yet.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it worked overall for the story because it allowed for that sense of optimism that she could still be alive, so when her death is finally confirmed, it's a gut punch you aren't really expecting. Though personally, it is disappointing just because of how big of a character she is that we didn't get to see her go down fighting, getting some kind of heroic sacrifice. Though I guess they do need some real sense of tragedy to hit home the impact of the event, doing that to a major supporting character rather than only to no names and red shirts.
    end of spoilers

And yeah to double on what people said, we put the spoiler tags just for courtesy of anyone who may jump in from the outside at any point. Overall it's not too big of an issue to deal with, so I don't mind doing it. Anything that has happened in the anime, or once it starts airing again, I say is free game to talk about without tags.

spoilers:
    I personally don't think that her hair looks anything like Eri, but I've seen people saying she resembles Momo (I disagree with that as well). People always want to make characters connected. I'm personally more interested in her quirk. We do see a bit of an energy aura when she locks up Overhaul's cell. So it might be electricity or magnetism to mess with the door's circuits, or make it easier to open. A rather subtle display in all this chaos, along with the fact that she took the time to open it up for him. Again, it's soft introduction and it's done a good job. I'm interested in her.

I'd forgotten that All Might wanted to have a talk with Stain. Depending on how this part ends we should get to see some of that in a flashback here.

One of my favourite fandom reactions from this chapter is seeing fan comics of the new villainess asking the others how they ended up in the slammar, and Muscular, Stain and Overhaul all mention Midoriya. I've also seen a few people hoping that when Deku meets Muscular again, he takes a moment to get over the shock of seeing the bastard free and then wrecks his **** with his current mastery of One For All. That would be very satisfying.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The fact that she immediately checked to see if her quirk connected to the system makes me think she's some kind of master thief, possibly a "Black Cat/Catwoman" type, which would be really cool to see in this series.

Wouldn't that be some weird twist of fate, that it was Stain's words that directly led to this rise in villains, and now they are somehow able to use his words to counteract the villains taking power, to dismay wanna-be villains and reinvigorate some semblance of support for the public.

I'm actually really curious to see how a rematch with Muscular would go, since I have no idea if it would be an "easy clean sweep" for him. He did have to go over 100% to take him down, but he was also pretty much brute forcing it, while now he has up to 45% free control, much faster agility and skill, plus three extra quirks. I do think this Midoriya could probably handle Stain one-on-one.
    end of spoilers