Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Yes, putting Best Jeanist into a Death-Like coma is a bit convenient, but it was probably the only way to really fool the villains. Given they have a person who can make copies and a Doctor who is an expert in genetics and genetic manipulation, they would probably easily spot a fake body.

Still hopefully next time we will be back to the kids. Maybe with Endevour being mentioned a lot in this chapter, maybe we will focus on Shoto and his family
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    What I like is that even regarding Shoto, he was still in a pretty bad spot for most of his life after the accident, pretty much just becoming a hero just for spite, letting the hate consume him (like Dabi), until Midoriya offered that hand in support, which has since allowed him to grow and look at the positives. And then with Hawks, you see how his life got better thanks to the Commission, but he's always had to shackle his emotions due to the training and nature of his work, so now that he's free, he can just focus on helping people. I do feel bad about the mother, especially since it feels like she never actually got over everything that happened. How, in comparison to Rei's situation, Tomie did play more of a hand in letting Takami get away with so much, even if it was very clearly stockholm syndrome-esque.

It'll also be a big question about whether he still wants to be that "symbol" anymore, since despite not being that person anymore, everything Dabi said was true, and even then there's his own personal guilt at having a hand in turning his son into a villain, so that could potentially make him feel more emotionally unreliable too. I think what we're gonna end up leaning more into the public, and heroes themselves, realizing that the heroes aren't Gods that can do anything, that they're flawed humans trying to do the best for others.

And honestly it doesn't bug me too much, I think it feels more disappointing to others because of the insanity of the Dabi theories led people to just instantly believing that Dabi and Hawks had some past together, so the answer being simply straightforward becomes a bit more underwhelming to them. The Takami incident was apparently big enough that even Ending knew about it, referenced all the back during that fight, and with his PLF resources, it's not a huge stretch that Dabi could figure it out.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's true. It's not just because they're different that they all ended differently from being abused. They all had VERY different emotional support, or lack thereof, that helped shape them. Shigaraki had AFO spoil him and nourish his hate. Toya fended for himself and grew obsessed with hurting Endeavor. Hawks got support in general from the commision and a role model of sorts in Endeavor (oddly enough). Shoto actually got friends in the end that opened up his eyes and made him question all the right things. They're all different and no one mold fits any of them, which is extra interesting considering how different three of them view Endeavor.

Tomie generally just seemed tired and almost running on auto-pilot. I really hope we get to catch up with her at some point and that she can get a better life. She deserves that too.

Yeah, Endeavor's going to be devastated for quite some time now and I wonder if the whole point of the number 1 hero even works any more. We've already talked about how they'll probably get rid of the ranking system eventually by the end of the series, and that'll most likely be part of the shift in society where heroes are viewed in different light.

Yeah, I probably got suckered into bigger conspiracy theories about Dabi when he revealed that he knew Hawks' name just based on how cool his information gathering skills. The answer being revealed to be much more mundane and in a somewhat lacklustre fashion is part of some straightforward subversion that Horikoshi tends to do, at least compared to fan expectations. Remember when people thought that Geten was Natsuo and then it turned out he wasn't.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Rewatched Heroes Rising with the english dub.

Still a really cool movie. I do think that I prefer Johnny Yong Bosch's take on Nine, it was quite striking. And I really liked Greg Dulcie as Chimera too.

I kinda hope that at some point, maybe a future movie or in a video game, we can have Nine's crew return and team up with Wolfram from the first movie to like get revenge on class 1A, and especially Deku.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    That's true. It's not just because they're different that they all ended differently from being abused. They all had VERY different emotional support, or lack thereof, that helped shape them. Shigaraki had AFO spoil him and nourish his hate. Toya fended for himself and grew obsessed with hurting Endeavor. Hawks got support in general from the commision and a role model of sorts in Endeavor (oddly enough). Shoto actually got friends in the end that opened up his eyes and made him question all the right things. They're all different and no one mold fits any of them, which is extra interesting considering how different three of them view Endeavor.

Yeah, Endeavor's going to be devastated for quite some time now and I wonder if the whole point of the number 1 hero even works any more. We've already talked about how they'll probably get rid of the ranking system eventually by the end of the series, and that'll most likely be part of the shift in society where heroes are viewed in different light.

Yeah, I probably got suckered into bigger conspiracy theories about Dabi when he revealed that he knew Hawks' name just based on how cool his information gathering skills. The answer being revealed to be much more mundane and in a somewhat lacklustre fashion is part of some straightforward subversion that Horikoshi tends to do, at least compared to fan expectations. Remember when people thought that Geten was Natsuo and then it turned out he wasn't.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There is a really deep interesting analysis you could make on My Hero Academia and its themes of abuse (it literally happens on the first page of the entire series).

A moment during the fight with Shigaraki (when his quirks are still erased) I really like when everyone is working together to beat him down, and Endeavor thinks back on All Might's words to him along the lines like "You don't have to be the same kind of symbol as me", realizing that he doesn't need to worry about his strength alone and can look to others for assistance. So I think if anything at least he'll start to become a lot more open in regards to his feelings (especially if he does end up turning to Midoriya for more advice/answers)

Yea, Geten as Natsuo was a big thing, and even funnier when their face was finally shown everyone thought they were a girl. I feel like because the Dabi as Touya theories were so rooted in "certainty" pretty much any other theory surrounding him seemed just as certain.
    end of spoilers

Rewatched Heroes Rising with the english dub.

Still a really cool movie. I do think that I prefer Johnny Yong Bosch's take on Nine, it was quite striking. And I really liked Greg Dulcie as Chimera too.

I kinda hope that at some point, maybe a future movie or in a video game, we can have Nine's crew return and team up with Wolfram from the first movie to like get revenge on class 1A, and especially Deku.
    Johnny's just so commanding and intimidating as Nine, he elevates the character alot for me, and I agree Chimera's got a great voice too. I also think the movie has some of Justin Briner and Clifford Chapin's best performances too, it really demonstrates not only far Midoriya and Bakugo's characters have grown, but those voice actors too how much they've perfected them.

I really hope, even if it's just for a mobile game, they do branch out with more characters and more (non-canon) interactions between each of them, cause it's so much fun to see these "what ifs". It probably would be weird for Wolfram and Nine's crew to team-up, but it'd be really nice to have them pop up in some way again at least.

The post-battle interactions are one of the things I love when playing My Hero One's Justice, like when I'm All For One and afterwards he comments on how useful his opponent's quirk would be to steal. And you even get stuff like some of Mr. Compress' dialogue had some surprise foreshadowing too.

I like the idea of a Movie Villain revenge squad

Extraordinary Member

I really hope, even if it's just for a mobile game, they do branch out with more characters and more (non-canon) interactions between each of them, cause it's so much fun to see these "what ifs". It probably would be weird for Wolfram and Nine's crew to team-up, but it'd be really nice to have them pop up in some way again at least.

The post-battle interactions are one of the things I love when playing My Hero One's Justice, like when I'm All For One and afterwards he comments on how useful his opponent's quirk would be to steal. And you even get stuff like some of Mr. Compress' dialogue had some surprise foreshadowing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I like the idea of a Movie Villain revenge squad
    I generally think that My Hero Academia would be a great series to make a Marvel Ultimate Alliance style game for. You could have pretty much all the movie in there as bosses.

Chapter 300! It's crazy to think how far this series has gone! I think it was around Ch. 170 (beginning of Cultural Festival) in early 2018 when I started following the series weekly, and it's been such a trip since! And to probably most people's happiness, this brings us back to some more juicy development!

spoilers:
    We hear more about the continued anxieties of the people in response to the threat of villains and the unreliability of heroes. We see the Cider House Gang, the group Bakugo & Todoroki fought after getting their licenses, tearing up a bar, where a group of civilians fight them using support items. Wash arrives too late, to see everything in even worse chaos, and the remaining civilians berating him for not arriving on time. He continues to help anyway (AND SPEAKS)

No. 9 Hero Yoroi Musha is one of several heroes who announce their retirement, leading to more backlash from civilians for dodging responsibility. We also see the All Might statue vandalized with an "I Am Not Here" sign, and Stain arriving in an abandoned building to receive a new blade.

Endeavor wakes up from his recovery, thinking about Toya/Dabi, how he completely froze up in their encounter, and that everything he said is true. That he can't fight his son despite everything he's done, and that "Endeavor is dead." Shoto and his siblings awkwardly walk in to see him crying, where he breaks down in front of them over the guilt for his actions. Just then, Rei appears, stunning him, telling them that everyone is carrying those feelings more than him, and that they need to talk about Toya.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think Horikoshi really likes these dramatic doom and gloom monologues lol. I do think there is a lot to think about the nature of how much trust and importance most civilians have put in the heroes for so long, that now when they start to realize they can't be perfect, they don't know how to handle it. Like seeing Yoroi Musha retiring getting the same treatment and respect as Wash continuing to do his duty despite everything. Plus bringing up the idea that normal people wielding support items to defend themselves would obviously make things much worse.

We finally get an answer to what's going on with Stain (did he swim the entire way from Tartarus??), but what's most interesting to wonder is what he's gonna do next? Is he gonna go back to his vigilante ways and become a new "true hero" to the people killing the criminals, or will he go to try and kill all the retired heroes? I could see it going either way.

And what we've all been most waiting for however is right at the end. Endeavor finally breaking down at his absolute lowest moment, the expressions of despair on his face is something I did not expect how hard it was gonna hit. And then you have the rest of his family, and particularly Rei, more determined and defiant than we ever saw her, standing up to basically slap some sense into him. I saw it really as her going "Feeling sorry about yourself now won't solve anything, you need to actually deal with these issues." Which should, hopefully next chapter, lead to a more deeper discussion regarding what they can or should do for Toya.

Also really gotta give it in this incredibly depressing moment, he still manages to throw a humorous moment of levity in there. Oh and first Yoshi and now Toad, I guess Central Hospital's staff is all Mario characters then.
    end of spoilers

What a great chapter. Ever since that Redestro arc ended My Hero have been awesome, week after week.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

spoilers:
    The fallout continues with now civilians becoming vigilantes and the publics faith in heroes gets worse. Seeing the No. 9 hero retiring would have been more effective if we actually knew the guy.

The stuff with Endeavour was really good. It should be interesting to see what he does plan to do next. His line "Endeavour is dead," seems to suggest he is planning on retiring. Rei is finally out and has clearly become stronger. Hopefully next time will follow up on this and not do something like they did with the last chapter.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Chapter 300! It's crazy to think how far this series has gone! I think it was around Ch. 170 (beginning of Cultural Festival) in early 2018 when I started following the series weekly, and it's been such a trip since! And to probably most people's happiness, this brings us back to some more juicy development!
    I haven't been following it since the very start, but I've reading it since right before the USJ arc and it's been a pleasure to see it grow so much in scope and popularity. I've had a blast all the way and I'm looking forward to everything coming.
    spoilers:
    I think Horikoshi really likes these dramatic doom and gloom monologues lol. I do think there is a lot to think about the nature of how much trust and importance most civilians have put in the heroes for so long, that now when they start to realize they can't be perfect, they don't know how to handle it. Like seeing Yoroi Musha retiring getting the same treatment and respect as Wash continuing to do his duty despite everything. Plus bringing up the idea that normal people wielding support items to defend themselves would obviously make things much worse.

We finally get an answer to what's going on with Stain (did he swim the entire way from Tartarus??), but what's most interesting to wonder is what he's gonna do next? Is he gonna go back to his vigilante ways and become a new "true hero" to the people killing the criminals, or will he go to try and kill all the retired heroes? I could see it going either way.

And what we've all been most waiting for however is right at the end. Endeavor finally breaking down at his absolute lowest moment, the expressions of despair on his face is something I did not expect how hard it was gonna hit. And then you have the rest of his family, and particularly Rei, more determined and defiant than we ever saw her, standing up to basically slap some sense into him. I saw it really as her going "Feeling sorry about yourself now won't solve anything, you need to actually deal with these issues." Which should, hopefully next chapter, lead to a more deeper discussion regarding what they can or should do for Toya.

Also really gotta give it in this incredibly depressing moment, he still manages to throw a humorous moment of levity in there. Oh and first Yoshi and now Toad, I guess Central Hospital's staff is all Mario characters then.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Just seeing society here handling the "revelation" that heroes aren't perfect so poorly brings up a theme that I'm always interested. That it's real easy to trust and love something/someone when everything is going smoothly, the real test is when everything has gone do hell. The civilians are scared and lashing out because of, and the heroes are feeling the pressure. It'll be interesting to see what it'll take to convince civilians to trust heroes again without starting the worship all over again.

I wonder if Stain is going to try to create his own loose organisation as a step towards a new order for society. He's certainly got the presence to be that kind of leader figure and there probably plenty of civilians who would put misguided trust into his teachings. On the flip side, I don't know if that's a course he would want to take, given that he's always seemed like more of loner type operator.

I am all here for confident Rei taking a stand and doing her best to put her family on a better path. And yeah, she is totally giving Endeavor a reality check. He messed things up for this entire family, and if he wants to attone for it all he needs to actually act on it. I want to hear every single member' thoughts about Toya and how they need to handle that situation. They're all bound to see it from different angles.

Comedic Shoto is such a rare but delightful occurrence, and he suddenness of it in such a serious chapter made it all the better.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    The fallout continues with now civilians becoming vigilantes and the publics faith in heroes gets worse. Seeing the No. 9 hero retiring would have been more effective if we actually knew the guy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it's interesting with that Hero is that they keep him vague enough regarding his motivations. Like realistically, you could believe that he's someone overcome with grief and stepping down because he believes he can't be good enough, but then his thought bubbles thinking about wanting love and respect, and it adds that air of uncertainty, like how maybe he's just retiring cause heroes aren't popular anymore. It's like one of very few instances in this series where they actually show an example of the complexity regarding "false heroes" that they always mention, since nearly every single other hero we see are shown to be all around just good people.
    end of spoilers

I haven't been following it since the very start, but I've reading it since right before the USJ arc and it's been a pleasure to see it grow so much in scope and popularity. I've had a blast all the way and I'm looking forward to everything coming.
    Damn, that's still within like the first year of its release, so that must be incredible just to see how much it exploded later on.

spoilers:
    Just seeing society here handling the "revelation" that heroes aren't perfect so poorly brings up a theme that I'm always interested. That it's real easy to trust and love something/someone when everything is going smoothly, the real test is when everything has gone do hell. The civilians are scared and lashing out because of, and the heroes are feeling the pressure. It'll be interesting to see what it'll take to convince civilians to trust heroes again without starting the worship all over again.

I wonder if Stain is going to try to create his own loose organisation as a step towards a new order for society. He's certainly got the presence to be that kind of leader figure and there probably plenty of civilians who would put misguided trust into his teachings. On the flip side, I don't know if that's a course he would want to take, given that he's always seemed like more of loner type operator.

I am all here for confident Rei taking a stand and doing her best to put her family on a better path. And yeah, she is totally giving Endeavor a reality check. He messed things up for this entire family, and if he wants to attone for it all he needs to actually act on it. I want to hear every single member' thoughts about Toya and how they need to handle that situation. They're all bound to see it from different angles.

Comedic Shoto is such a rare but delightful occurrence, and he suddenness of it in such a serious chapter made it all the better.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's also why I'm really excited when we eventually catch back to the kids to truly see their reaction to all this, since they'll be the ones "inheriting" this problem and will probably have to look towards new ways to shape their actions as heroes. And most importantly how Midoriya takes his "duties" into consideration.

It's very curious because I could equally see Stain being happy that the society's now started reshaping by shunning the "false heroes", while also being able to see through some of the BS, whether that be through villains or civilians, when it comes to people acting out for themselves. He's always been a weird figure to me because the story itself presents him as more of a righteous character with a point but wrong methods (ala Destro), but his actions have always been really hypocritical, so future appearances should hopefully re-focus on what kind of a character he actually is.

I could definitively see Shoto being a deciding factor, since it seems that his stance is probably something along the lines of "I wanna talk and try to help, but I'll still try to beat him up if I have to". Rei, Fuyumi, and Natsuo feel like they'll probably be on the "try to talk to him" side, though potentially to different extents.

Shoto's face is great, but Endeavor shouting SHOTOOOOO is always gold, especially when I imagine Patrick Seitz's voice screaming it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Damn, that's still within like the first year of its release, so that must be incredible just to see how much it exploded later on.
    Yup, and Shigaraki's character development from that initial attack and how deep Horikoshi has gone into it and the League of Villains evolution might be the thing that's taken me the most by surprise. Now I just want Sigaraki to kill AFO, gather up his crew again and just start over. They're all horrible dumbasses and I need them to be together.
    spoilers:
    That's also why I'm really excited when we eventually catch back to the kids to truly see their reaction to all this, since they'll be the ones "inheriting" this problem and will probably have to look towards new ways to shape their actions as heroes. And most importantly how Midoriya takes his "duties" into consideration.

It's very curious because I could equally see Stain being happy that the society's now started reshaping by shunning the "false heroes", while also being able to see through some of the BS, whether that be through villains or civilians, when it comes to people acting out for themselves. He's always been a weird figure to me because the story itself presents him as more of a righteous character with a point but wrong methods (ala Destro), but his actions have always been really hypocritical, so future appearances should hopefully re-focus on what kind of a character he actually is.

I could definitively see Shoto being a deciding factor, since it seems that his stance is probably something along the lines of "I wanna talk and try to help, but I'll still try to beat him up if I have to". Rei, Fuyumi, and Natsuo feel like they'll probably be on the "try to talk to him" side, though potentially to different extents.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I really want to see how all the kids feel about this. I want a discussion within the class. I want Aizawa to offer them all a chance to leave after such a harrowing experience and for every single one of them to stand up and say no to that.

I've always seen it as Stain's ideology making sense from a certain point of view, at least enough to not be outright dismissed. But Stain himself is far too deranged and narrow-minded to present it in an admirable fashion. But it will be very interesting to see where his character goes from here. At least with the current situation he won't just get a repeat arc.

I wonder what opinion Endeavor will fall on in that argument. He most likely wants to save Touya, but probably can't see himself doing that. But just lumping on Shoto or anybody else's shoulders would be another failure in a way. There's no easy answer for him here.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

This is cute.

One of Horikoshi's assistants has posted sketches of four popular shippings from the series on twitter.

We've got IzuOcha, KamiJiro, KiriMina and TodoMomo.

They've got other stuff there as well. It's just fun to see.

This is cute.

One of Horikoshi's assistants has posted sketches of four popular shippings from the series on twitter.

We've got IzuOcha, KamiJiro, KiriMina and TodoMomo.

They've got other stuff there as well. It's just fun to see.
    Those are really good (Though I prefer MomoJiro), also Jiro does look cute with glasses

Yup, and Shigaraki's character development from that initial attack and how deep Horikoshi has gone into it and the League of Villains evolution might be the thing that's taken me the most by surprise. Now I just want Sigaraki to kill AFO, gather up his crew again and just start over. They're all horrible dumbasses and I need them to be together.

spoilers:
    Yeah, I really want to see how all the kids feel about this. I want a discussion within the class. I want Aizawa to offer them all a chance to leave after such a harrowing experience and for every single one of them to stand up and say no to that.

I've always seen it as Stain's ideology making sense from a certain point of view, at least enough to not be outright dismissed. But Stain himself is far too deranged and narrow-minded to present it in an admirable fashion. But it will be very interesting to see where his character goes from here. At least with the current situation he won't just get a repeat arc.

I wonder what opinion Endeavor will fall on in that argument. He most likely wants to save Touya, but probably can't see himself doing that. But just lumping on Shoto or anybody else's shoulders would be another failure in a way. There's no easy answer for him here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Based in what i had seen in some discussions, is likely that Endeavor is gonna make everything in his power to save Touya, sacrificing everything to save him and that would probably contributed to Dabi's redemption (i'm pretty sure that Touya is gonna be saved at the end), but Shoto would be ultimately the main responsable for it
    end of spoilers
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona